• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I came up with a couple Star Fox stages I would like to see in Smash 4.

Corneria - This is not the same Corneria stage from Melee/Brawl. The stage itself takes place in Corneria as it appeared in the original Star Fox! Yes, complete with Super FX polygonal graphics. It is like Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit from Uprising but set in the Star Fox universe. The battle takes place on the four Arwings as they stay in formation - this is based on the Training Mode. Occasionally, a random Arwing might suddenly do a barrel roll, making it unstable to stand on.

Macbeth - This is the new stage based on Star Fox 64. The battle takes place on the Great Fox just like the Corneria stage in Melee/Brawl. What I am saying is that this replaces Corneria - it is just Corneria but with a different background. The Great Fox is flying over a rocky terrain with a long train moving along the tracks. The enemy towers and planes may occasionally shoot at the Great Fox.

Lylat Cruise - Star Fox's past stage from Brawl

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I said "viewed as important" which is different than "is important". One is based entirely on preference while the ither is based in fact. I can view marriage as important but that doesn't necessarily make it important. Sakurai could view jigglypuff as more important than bowser which doesn't necessarily mean it is more important. If sakurai views jigglypuff as a more important addition to smash because of diversity, or because he values the Pokemon series more, or because he's a jokester and felt he it was important to include a bit of his personality in the game, or whatever else, does it make it unviable opinion?

:phone:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I remember the IGN review gave it a 9 and a lot of the comments were absolutely confused as to how it scored so high, and I have to agree. I think the same person even gave Dreamland 2 like a 7 which sparked even more confusion because almost everyone thinks that game is superior, which I also agreed with.
They gave it a 9 because it hd a beatiful art style and was fun to play.

they gave RTDL a 7.5 because while it was still fun,it didn't bring much new to the co-op table that DKCR, NSMWi ,and Epic Yarn brought.

only reinforces why Kirby games that do something new(aka Canvas Curse) are usually better then classic gameplay styles.

als, if they bing a stage based on The World of Drawcia to the game,I hope they have a song like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=RsBRmJqnTQ0

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Another thing you fail to consider is that you don't know what other characters Sakurai has considered when making each Smash Bros. There could be a lot more characters like Animal Crosser, where Sakurai initially considers them, but does not actually do any programming work on them (like the Forbidden 7 in Brawl). So it could very well be possible that characters like Dedede, Wolf, Meta Knight, Wario were considered for Melee (and Smash 64) to a certain extent, but no programming was done on them.

Again, you are not making any sense.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion

Corneria - This is not the same Corneria stage from Melee/Brawl. The stage itself takes place in Corneria as it appeared in the original Star Fox! Yes, complete with Super FX polygonal graphics. It is like Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit from Uprising but set in the Star Fox universe. The battle takes place on the four Arwings as they stay in formation - this is based on the Training Mode. Occasionally, a random Arwing might suddenly do a barrel roll, making it unstable to stand on.

Macbeth - This is the new stage based on Star Fox 64. The battle takes place on the Great Fox just like the Corneria stage in Melee/Brawl. What I am saying is that this replaces Corneria - it is just Corneria but with a different background. The Great Fox is flying over a rocky terrain with a long train moving along the tracks. The enemy towers and planes may occasionally shoot at the Great Fox.

Macbeth would be a pretty interesting stage. And maybe instead of playing on the Great Fox while it flys over the Train, you could fight on top of the train maybe.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I had initially considered fighting on the train... but then I thought, what about the Spirit Train from Zelda? After all, that's from Toon Link's most recent non-remake game, Spirit Tracks. I also considered fighting on the Landmasters as they travel alongside the train... but then I realized that it would be weird to see the Landmaster Final Smash on top of the Landmaster stage. So, I settled on making Macbeth the new Corneria/Sector Z... fighting on the Great Fox has been a Smash tradition regardless of where the Great Fox is at. ;)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Mkay we're not getting anywhere so I'm going to leave it at this: Let's say sakurai has a priority list of who to include in any given smash game. The likes of Mario top the list while the likes of ness may be closer to the middle and the likes of toon link may be closer to the bottom. While to some degree nintendo has a say in which characters definetly get in like the likes of Mario, sakurai's discretion decides the rest. When something like this is left to a limited amount of people biases are a given. Because of this certain characters that while in general may not be very popular or viewed as too important would normally be given low priority may be considered high priority because it is popular in the group who is actually designing the game. If mewtwo or any other character that was on sakurai's priority list didn't make it in it can be said that they were out prioritized. From this we can deduce that in comparison to some of the other characters, to sakurai the likes of mewtwo aren't as important. The animal crosser is a great example because the newly found source said that he was considered but out prioritized. If no programming or little programming was done on a character than they simply got out prioritized.

I dunno maybe im misreading you or you're misreading me but it seems like we won't see eye to eye on this.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I had initially considered fighting on the train... but then I thought, what about the Spirit Train from Zelda? After all, that's from Toon Link's most recent non-remake game, Spirit Tracks. I also considered fighting on the Landmasters as they travel alongside the train... but then I realized that it would be weird to see the Landmaster Final Smash on top of the Landmaster stage. So, I settled on making Macbeth the new Corneria/Sector Z... fighting on the Great Fox has been a Smash tradition regardless of where the Great Fox is at. ;)
Ok, nvm didn't read what you said about the new Corneria stage earlier lol. But I'm thinking... If the rumored Wii U Starfox game is really real and in development, then we should have a stage from that game. I would be surprised if a game as big as Smash released before Starfox.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Epic Yarn brought something new to Co-Op? And what as that? D:

Edit: Looked up ratings for that game and saw all of the awards it was given... I am utterly shocked. The game was okay, but what am I missing? .__. So confused. xD

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I personally thought Return to Dream Land was the better Kirby game. Though Epic Yarn had an amazing artistic style.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Return to Dreamland had all of these versatile powers and a larger Co-Op system, you only get two similar players with no powers at all in Epic Yarn.

You can also die in Dreamland, and unless you are using the broken OP whirlwind power, against the last boss it is very likely. Not to mention the mode where your health is halved and enemies become larger. That game was easy, but not enough to make you yawn and predict what is going to happen with 100% certainty. In Epic Yarn the biggest thing you had to worry about was getting enough gem things, which were so easy to get they never posed a problem to me.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Return to Dreamland had all of these versatile powers and a larger Co-Op system, you only get two similar players with no powers at all in Epic Yarn.

You can also die in Dreamland, and unless you are using the broken OP whirlwind power, against the last boss it is very likely. Not to mention the mode where your health is halved and enemies become larger. That game was easy, but not enough to make you yawn and predict what is going to happen with 100% certainty. In Epic Yarn the biggest thing you had to worry about was getting enough gem things, which were so easy to get they never posed a problem to me.
You must not have played the latter half of the game.

So... Much... Cursing...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Kirby stages I want to see in Smash 4.

Cookie Country - from Kirby's Return to Dream Land; replaces Dream Land (64) and Green Greens (Melee) as it still has Whispy Woods in the background

Fountain of Dreams - it is back but it is not a Melee past stage, it's redesigned into a stage with platforms over the water that we swim in; maybe Nightmare's first form can be a hazard where it shoots stars at the stage

Patch Castle - from Kirby's Epic Yarn, purely for the artistic style

Halberd - the past stage from Brawl

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I just remembered I actually did beat it, I forgot I played away from my brother (we made it halfway together before we got bored), in the interest of finishing what was started, and there was no difficulty.

Forgot to mention when you lose gems, they spill out around you lawl. *steps around a bit and collects them all again*

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Epic Yarn brought something new to Co-Op? And what as that? D:

Edit: Looked up ratings for that game and saw all of the awards it was given... I am utterly shocked. The game was okay, but what am I missing? .__. So confused. xD
well...why are you acting like it's so bad O_o?

sold 1.5 Mil,had some of the best graphics on Wii, and is the highest reviewed in the series, and you're acting like it's Other M or something.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

I actually personally loved macbeth from the original starfox. Man that stage was really hard to get through. The boss is just insane.

I like what you're thinking with corneria though, imagine those graphics redone in HD :O

I remember a similar discussion came up with one of my old stages where some people pretty much wanted the SNES type artwork and some people wanted it completely redone. If you're interested i'll link you back to that post.

As for epic yarn, I haven't played it but I seem to recall yahtzee really disliked it... Then again he hates almost everything done by Nintendo, constantly using same ideas etc etc. (I personally don't mind, but I know why some people really dislike it.)

*sigh* Games must gradually become easier and easier as gaming companies appeal to a more casual audience... Perhaps this will affect smash 4 more than anything else...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Breadbug!!! I wanted to say hi earlier but you weren't on, sooo... Heyas! It's been a while! ^.^

Anyway, what do you disagree with? Explain, elaborate, expose, reveal. o.O

*edit*: Cool. ;)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Just because it has a bunch of insanely high reviews and awards doesn't mean I have to think it is some amazingly good game. @_@ I remember Skyward Sword got a perfect score all over the place, I loved the game to death myself, but there are a lot of problems with it, fundamental even. Are reviewers just trying to please fanboys?

And I have already expressed why it pales in comparison to the following Kirby game, that wasn't as popular. The game wasn't bad, just wasn't good to me. Therefore, awards and scores around 9/10 seem very misleading.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Breadbug!!! I wanted to say hi earlier but you weren't on, sooo... Heyas! It's been a while! ^.^

Anyway, what do you disagree with? Explain, elaborate, expose, reveal. o.O
Yooooooooooooooo yo! I'm a bit sporadic here, sorry I missed ya eariler.

Holder and I have been exchanging thoughts on Epic Yarn all day. Holder doesn't think it's that great, whereas it made me giddy like a schoolgirl. Or something.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm always pitted against the mainstream... *pushes up on thick dark glasses smugly* XD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
BTW I can't seem to get LoZ:LttP Sanctuary music out of my head. It's going on over and over and echoing through the empty halls that I once considered a brain... Naww I kid, i'm good. =)

Ahh yea, Hmm...

I'm going to look up some music, i'll be right back (hopefully with music).

Found it. After playing white I have some of my favourite songs from it to put up.

Firstly, Opelucid city grew on me gradually, but it's really quite beautiful. Has both new and old styles of song. It has some music that sounds like it's come straight out of the SNES era, which is kinda cool because it makes me think of amazing games like Terranigma.

Opelucid City

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Right now I'm listening to Xenoblade music, dem orchestrations.. They need a Bionis stage with this music, not remixed, playing. Seriously.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Oh, and for what it's worth, Holder, I love Return to Dreamland to death. My friends come over and we play the hell out of that game. I just think they're two completely different experiences, and they are both brilliant at what they set out to do.

Seriously, though, Epic Yarn needs to be its own series. Now.

@Luco How about Accumula Town? I think that's the one with the woman who plays the piano in the upper right corner. Also, what's yo team look like?

Awhile back I posted the list of B&W tracks I thought would be cool to have. I need to dig that up.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh, my team's not that great. I literally powered through the main storyline in about 3 or 4 days, so I had a small-ish team. ATM my starter is Samurott, then I have Simisear and a Zebstrika, as well as the obvious Zekrom. I also have a solrock that I'm not using a lot but is lvl 55 so maybe ok. Then my last is just a Drilbur that I keep because he knows strength. He's like lvl 27 I think.

Accumula town was pretty good, it had some rally nice harmonies to it: Accumula town

I never realised Opelucid city in black was so different from white. They're the same tune, just really different. Black's is more upbeat and catchy, but white's has a soft melody to it that I really like.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I remember liking Icirrus city from the start. My game is constantly attuned to winter so it has a frosty, yet happy feeling, like waking up in the morning as a child to see snow in the yard and having the joy of going out and having fun making snowmen.

Icirrus City

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If Epic Yarn steers in the direction Paper Mario is, then it could be interesting to me. Not to say that it should be a turn based RPG (though that could work).

You can turn any Nintendo Franchise into one and it'd work. LoZRPG Seven Stars anyone? ;D

Edit: I love how that song is used for named mobs and the title goes with that. I loved kicking *** with Heropon Riki while this played, seriously. Not sure what the victory theme should be, Oasis, who must always make fun of my heels...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nuvema town has a much slower pace to it... It's like a dream town, home, a place to come back to. At the beginning of white I wasn't as eager for it but after finishing the main plot line it really is quite a nice end to a journey.

Then I suddenly want to go again. :p

Nuvema town

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nice to see ya breaking out the BW music Luco. ;)

So what exactly can Shulk do? Someone needs to make a moveset.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
You're making me hardcore want to play B&W again. The game gives me really fuzzy feelings, because I played it at a special time in my life (baaww emotions), and the music is almost universally awesome.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Cheers, try-hi. I tend to do that with new games that i'm playing. At first not a lot of white's music caught me, but as time grew on I got to really like places like castelia city for their music ha. ^^

Although some of the route themes I feel could have been improved on... Some, not all.

Mistralton City

I can't really pick why I like it, maybe because it's really upbeat at the start and makes you feel ready for what's about to come.

Which reminds me of something i'll put up later.

Nacrene city definitely reminds me of Jubilife city. A kind of civilised and refined, yet light music. I still kinda have to admit I prefer Jubilife, but this one isn't bad. :)

Nacrene City

@Giantbreadbug: I get what you mean. My brother was trying to criticize the game when I got up to N's farewell so it wasn't as cool as it should have been but I still got a bit of emotion there.

After playing white... I see what people mean. It's not the greatest storyline ever, but for pokemon it puts a nice little touch of empathy there that is a little bit new and envelops you in to the game. It was one of the few games I asked myself about the main lesson of the game. At first I was confused as to who was right, and yet as the game progressed I began to see what the protagonists were feeling, and tried to represent that.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I did earlier in this thread I believe actually. And that was before I got too far into the game. His Monado (the blade he wields) can activate and do a bunch of things that could be used for his Special Moves. He can make a shield, he can increase speed, he can do a huge slash, he can make a twister around him, he can make a blast of Ether from the ground in front of him, that's what comes to mind. He'd actually be really interesting, and this doesn't spoil anything, but the ending doesn't make it so a sequel couldn't ever happen. They don't set anything up, but once you see the ending, you'll know what I mean. Could work well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want to say that I would like a new Zelda stage based on the history of Zelda. I think that the Realms of Memories from Four Swords Anniversary Edition would be a great fit. Imagine a stage that changes after every minute, like Castle Siege, and the stage warps us to locations from the first NES Zelda game, A Link to the Past (SNES), and Link's Awakening (GB).

The NES locations are: Overworld and Level 1
The SNES locations are: Hyrule Castle and Lost Woods
The GB locations are: Goponga Swamp and Mt. Tamaranch

Overworld would be like the "Mushroom Kingdom" of the Zelda series. Imagine the background with the Zelda NES sprites.

Level 1 is also like Overworld, except with NES sprites from the first dungeon.

Hyrule Castle would be like Smash 64's Hyrule Castle redesigned with SNES sprites like the Subcon stage in Melee complete with the tornado.

Lost Woods would take place on hollow logs over a chasm. Occasionally the Forest Thief might appear and push you off the logs.

Goponga Swamp would take place in a flooded stage without pits. Giant flowers shoot fireballs at you from the background. Fish occasionally jump out of the water to hurt you. The stage is also black-and-white just like it was on the Game Boy.

Mt. Tamaranch takes place on the mountain with the egg. It is fairly simple. The stage is also black-and-white just like it was on the Game Boy.

yani

Smash Lord
@Holder who do you think would make the best AT? (assuming Shulk is playable)

My first pick would be Dunban. "DANCE WITH ME!"

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I want to say that I would like a new Zelda stage based on the history of Zelda. I think that the Realms of Memories from Four Swords Anniversary Edition would be a great fit. Imagine a stage that changes after every minute, like Castle Siege, and the stage warps us to locations from the first NES Zelda game, A Link to the Past (SNES), and Link's Awakening (GB).

The NES locations are: Overworld and Level 1
The SNES locations are: Hyrule Castle and Lost Woods
The GB locations are: Goponga Swamp and Mt. Tamaranch

Overworld would be like the "Mushroom Kingdom" of the Zelda series. Imagine the background with the Zelda NES sprites.

Level 1 is also like Overworld, except with NES sprites from the first dungeon.

Hyrule Castle would be like Smash 64's Hyrule Castle redesigned with SNES sprites like the Subcon stage in Melee complete with the tornado.

Lost Woods would take place on hollow logs over a chasm. Occasionally the Forest Thief might appear and push you off the logs.

Goponga Swamp would take place in a flooded stage without pits. Giant flowers shoot fireballs at you from the background. Fish occasionally jump out of the water to hurt you. The stage is also black-and-white just like it was on the Game Boy.

Mt. Tamaranch takes place on the mountain with the egg. It is fairly simple. The stage is also black-and-white just like it was on the Game Boy.
Again, I suggest you take a peek at my old LttP stage: It is a powerstony stage (in star's words, although I easily see what he means) so it changes quite a bit.

Nimbasa city definitely reminds me of veilstone city in plat, the city of fun. It's music is glamorous and light-hearted and pretty catchy with a couple good harmonies in between.

Woops, lemme put the music in: Nimbasa city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom