• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
BW was weird, the music was okay, but it never really stood out as much as music from past games. I'm hoping for some good remixes when Smash 4 comes out.

@Luco: I just remembered, I don't think you saw the original announcement, but Toise is taking roster bets. See the backroom thread for more details.

Shulk's starting to sound more interesting. I should probably pick up Xenoblade sometime when I'm done with school.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
They could make an AT for the entire party cast in my opinion, which isn't too much really. All I can imagine is Riki coming out, flicking around his Biter going "Roly Poly ROLY!" (I think that is what he says) and causes a player to trip. trolololol

Edit: Also, I suggest picking it up. People say it is the best JRPG of this gen, and I find it hard to argue. Not going to find anything like this on the Wii.

Another interesting point, apparently The Last Story ends in such a way that people ask if there is going to be a sequel, so that excites me as well.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
BW was weird, the music was okay, but it never really stood out as much as music from past games. I'm hoping for some good remixes when Smash 4 comes out.

@Luco: I just remembered, I don't think you saw the original announcement, but Toise is taking roster bets. See the backroom thread for more details.

Shulk's starting to sound more interesting. I should probably pick up Xenoblade sometime when I'm done with school.
Ooh, ok, i'll check toise's roster bet out. Thanks for letting me know. :D

I don't mind BW's music so much... At first I was very critical of it, but as I listened to it more and more most of the tracks just... grew on me. For instance, Castelia city was a very neutral song at first, now I absolutely love all the things I can do with it, the harmonies I can make, etc etc.

Driftveil's music was really kooky, and kinda drew me in. I can harmonize pretty well to it (I know it sounds like a boast, but if I listen to a song a couple times I can usually harmonize to it easily, so I guess that doesn't say much, but I like the harmonies you can create with it.) I also liked it's atmosphere, when I first went there it was raining, so I was also hearing these raindrops splashing on the wooden tiles, made this really interesting sound effect that really went with the music.

Driftveil city

Btw if I happen to put up the wrong link, do tell me. I'm going a bit fast and have caught myself a couple times almost posting the same link to a different song. ;-P

Lacunosa town I'm not as fond of, but one of thew comments had it right, reminds me of relaxing on a sofa. :p

Lacunosa town

Okay, THIS one took me ages to find, dunno why but it's not in a lot of the side links for most of the other themes. One of my BW favourites, Castelia city just has a really nice tune that you can create the most amazing harmonies to so easily:

Castelia city

Now this one... It took me a while to find all the extras you can get to add to this music. But I like it's old feel, simple but really nice. Even the vocals, which I usually dislike in game music, were really well done, and added to the song.

Village bridge - the past's echo

And that pretty much brings the town themes to a close, except for undella town (winter). One moment...

Undella town

Again this is one of my favourites, and not just for B&W. It's just a beautiful song. I remember standing on the beach looking out to the ocean for ages, wishing there could be a cutscene there. It was night time, and I could just imagine cheren or bianca coming up and telling me about something of the journey, maybe a lesson it had taught them or how much they had learned or how much they thought the adventure had improved/changed them. It really was a perfect atmosphere.

After a couple posts i'll bring out my battle themes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Shulk's starting to sound more interesting. I should probably pick up Xenoblade sometime when I get off of school.
I am beginning to think Shulk is more likely than Saki/Isa or Isaac/Matthew. I mean, there was a huge demand for Xenoblade and the other JRPG games, especially with Operation Rainfall... and to me, Shulk seems like the poster child of Operation Rainfall since his game was the first to come out of Japan and his game seems to be the only one out of the three games with only one main protagonist instead of two main protagonists (one male and one female) like the other two games. And the only thing that stood out in my mind about Operation Rainfall is that big red sword with a hole in the middle.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, Xenoblade was the most popular and received the best critical success. Their team and budget was possibly the best as well, not sure on this, but likely. And there is a girl for Xeno, they just don't show that as much for understandable reasons. The girl from Pandora's Tower is my favorite though. <3~ Partially because I have a white hair fetish. @_@ If she just had glasses it'd be perfect.

And I was thinking the same Golden. It'd probably have to be slightly altered, going faster or something. Most of the song is slow and emotional rather than intense.

Edit: I forgot that (I think) there is a reward-like sound that plays in the game, that has a tune or something. Trying to remember it. >_<

Edit 2: Can this work? Not sure if that is good enough. The sound that plays when he discovers the secret area.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wow, I'm not sure of that either HotH. I guess it's possible, but maybe a bit quick, ironically.

I'll get my battle tunes up now. ^.^

Okay, first up, here's a battle theme I really liked. A little quirky but a lot of fun. Lighthearted and really just made me smile every time, especially after seeing bianca's animation. :D

Rival battle - it's on!

Team Plasma is awesome. I love how you see the z flash across, it solidify in to the shield and lightning sparks. I always moved my hands accordingly whenever it came up. :o

Team Plasma - The knights!

Everyone likes this one. It's not final (ha!), but that animation where you see N and he slowly moves out of his own shadow with the lightning flashing past... ;)

N - The truth seeker!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I like the sound of it, but I was thinking it was a bit short too. Meh, I tried.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okay, this battle theme I always preferred to the normal one, just more epic and especially at the beginning where it puts in the notes where it's needed.

Battle subway trainer

Now, unfortunately I couldn't find a version where it builds up, but I love how this music builds up as you defeat the trainers and advance.

Battle subway - A jazzy ride

The gym leader them in white I enjoyed more than the ones from 4th gen. It's a prestigious battle with the best, an awesome tune with a steady beat to it. I remember I had a lot of trouble with Elesa, but the rest were pretty easy except maybe for Iris.

Gym leader - The battle for the badge!

And another one everyone falls in love with is this one, the new addition to gym battles. This was just awesome, a testament to everything you've done:

Gym leader's last pokemon - Time to prove yourself! One final push!

The strong wild pokemon theme was better than the normal, I agree there. More epic, cool melody, easy to harmonize to, was gooooood.

Strong wild pokemon - stumbling across something big

The elite four theme was pretty cool. I preferred a couple themes but this one was fitting for the occasion.

Elite four - Test of strength

From all that I can remember, all the legendary themes from pokemon have been gosh darn awesome, so it's no wonder that I give this one a thumbs up. It's even right before the final fight, so that makes it pretty awesome as well.

Battle - Reshiram and Zekrom: Test of faith

I don't want to stop the conversation guys, feel free to go on, or you can ask me to stop posting the themes. I won't be at all offended, I know i'm pretty much posting the vast majority of each theme. :)

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Since I can tell now that you're a music aficionado, Luco, whatcha think about Route 3? Not sure how many other Routes it plays on, but I think 3 is the first.

It might be one of my favorite songs in the game. It really reminds me of the composition style in R/S/E. It's also cool how the percussion gets more awesome if your walking or running.

It's just something about that song that makes me happy. *nostalgia*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Route 10 could be remixed into a very INTENSE BATTLE sounding kind of song.

Kind of gives me a "With Mila's Devine Protection" sort of vibe. Or "Go K. K. Rider!"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How many of us here were actually in the NES/ Super Nintendo days?

I didn't get a 64 until the year 1999. By then I was 13.

I wonder if out differences are from what eras in Nintendo history we lived through.

I, personally, am wanting a battle royale of all my favorite characters from the NES

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If the feed begins, someone post please. ^^; I might not be able to catch it starting. Even if they just talk Japanese and I have no clue what is going on, I'd like to have it up nonetheless.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I wonder if out differences are from what eras in Nintendo history we lived through.

I, personally, am wanting a battle royale of all my favorite characters from the NES
This is my theory too. The NES was my first console, and none of the characters I want for Smash 4 (outside of Mewtwo and Roy) debutted after 1995.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I forgot how old Psycho is. As old as my brother. Luckily my brother had an NES, so his gaming experience carried over to me, I suppose. Though I was born in the year of the SNES.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, my brother was around for the NES days but mostly got engrossed in the SNES era. I, on the other hand was born in the N64 days, but my brother's love for SNES went over to me and I feel like i'm a SNES guy :-P

And route 10 was one of the ones I liked. Lemme check route 3...

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I just faintly remember playing the first Mario Bros. game and the Paper Boy game when I was really really young.. Not much comes to memory, but it seems like a pleasant one. ^_^

And much appreciated Vic.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'll post a last couple battle themes and a few misc. themes and then i'm done for BW for today. :-P

I haven't actually heard this theme when versing the champion. I heard it through the subway bosses. When i first played the game it was on a friend's DS. He said he hadn't been to a boss yet, although he'd tried a lot. On that day I think we versed 2 subway bosses. Emmett and... Was it Ingo? Something like that.

Battle - champion/subway bosses

It's not as cool a champion theme as most others unfortunately, but N's battle theme makes up for that.

Okay, here's an old one. I like how they sped it up and added some new instruments to the mix though, it really made it an epic song, just like before:

Battle - Cynthia: Champion of Sinnoh!

My second last battle theme is the trio's battle theme, as well as a couple others. I love how it speeds up and slows down and has the independent notes creating this melody over the beat. Thundurus was the first one I heard this for:

Trio Legendary battle!

vicgur

Smash Ace
I wasn't around in the NES era.
My first videogame was my cousin's. I don't even know what console it was, but I played Gauntlet on it when I was very little. It was my first game.

Fast-forwarding to the part that actually matters, I'm from the SNES Generation[I'M A KID FROM THE 90S BLAHBLAHBLAH].
Donkey Kong Country 2 is my true love and passion. Therefore, I totally support Dixie and K.Rool.

And that weird Mario game I rented near my house taught me about the true magic of RPG. Yeah, I love and support Geno. No just in Smash, but in any other game. I just want him back in some way... :(

Yeah, I think I get what you mean.
Also, BOMBERMAN FOR SM4SH! :cool:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
And my final battle theme is the obvious final N. The final chapter, hehe, alongside Ghetsis' theme, but his is really just drums and stuff, not as lot, i'll put it up quickly I GUESS.

Ghetsis battle

Okay, but back on topic, N!

Final N - the battle of ideals!

The challenge is to hear the clock. ;D

And that's the battle themes done, I just have 2 or 3 misc. themes to put up and that's done and there for now.

First is the theme of emotion you first hear at Nimbasa city when bianca's dad tells her to go home but she refuses, talking about all her journey has taught her so far.

Unwavering emotion

I really like this one, just how it's beautifully done, amazing melody, is really sad too...

This next one is N's farewell. Reminds me of a couple songs i've heard before, but is like my previous theme, well done, both sad and happy. It's a perfect song for the conclusion of the story.

N's farewell - until next time, my friend... Goodbye

and my last theme today is.. the ending theme! the epic journey to a close, yet has only just begun.

Ending credits - the road traversed, and the journey onwards!

Okay guys, that's my BW theme selection for today! I might bring up others as time goes by, but now I'm done hehe. ^.^

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
It's funny how Sakurai put out his character pole during development of Brawl yet it had almost no impact on the roster aside from Sonic.

Who ever is going to be in the game is already decided upon. At least judging by brawls development that is the most likely outcome.

At this point I know our campaigns for characters will fall on deaf ears.

Just a reminder because some people forget this.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/02/sakurai-talks-a/

Sakurai said that the character roster, except for Sonic The Hedgehog, was decided on in the planning process — before any development began on the game. "To tell the truth, the decision to include Sonic was not made until 2007," said Sakurai.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, the character poll can also tell him what's good for AT's, stickers, trophies, or just background stuff.

Also, that was Brawl. We don't have any proof he did that for any other game. So I wouldn't count that for SSB4.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's funny how Sakurai put out his character pole during development of Brawl yet it had almost no impact on the roster aside from Sonic.

Who ever is going to be in the game is already decided upon. At least judging by brawls development that is the most likely outcome.

At this point I know our campaigns for characters will fall on deaf ears.

Just a reminder because some people forget this.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/02/sakurai-talks-a/
BUT that means characters that got campaigned during Brawl's development could have got Sakurai's attention

*cough*Geno*cough*Ridley*cough*

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
By "cute" you mean much closer to the truth and reality than your opinion, then yeah my opinion is "cute".

Mewtwo has far better chances than Zoroark no matter what you would like to think.
Haha, you, you're cute.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Well, the character poll can also tell him what's good for AT's, stickers, trophies, or just background stuff.

Also, that was Brawl. We don't have any proof he did that for any other game. So I wouldn't count that for SSB4.
It's very true that this is not an absolute rule. But the very nature of almost every point of discussion here is based off of patterns or methods Sakurai has used already. Not to mention for fighting games the roster is decided extremely early in development, for almost each one of them. So I would not be surprised if this is the case as well.

Not to say it is finalized now, it may not be. But it's more than likely that it is.

Still how can one count one Sakurai method but immediately discount another?

The cool thing though is due to the old poll he knows how popular Dixie, K Rool, Geno, and Ridley are right? Wait was K Rool on that poll?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
New item for Smash - The power glove.

It gives you the power!

...Adds increased knock back or something

Edit: LOL, I'm watching the Wizard

Edit Edit: BETTER item - Game Genie.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Common sense says it's AT LEAST probably NEARING finalization. I mean, it is still really early in development. Characters have to be among the first things decided since the game is built around them.

Star SUBDUED ME with his comment that the LEGAL MATTERS may still need working out, but even if that's true, then it means he knows what characters he's trying to acquire. So, he probably knows what characters he wants in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom