• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
As long as they keep Marth (which it's most likely to happen) I'm all good. He is my favorite Fire Emblem character, I don't mind Ike or Roy disappearing, though.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
what if her final smash was a bigger and scarier version, just like Bowser?

GIGA GAGA

First thing I thought of after reading this.

Also, I want a skullgirls port on Wii-U now,because a SG character in Smash would be the greatest thing ever.

D

Deleted member

I thought about newcomers for the Kirby series, and I've come to the ultimate conclusion:

Mr. Dooter. Think about it; It'd be the ultimate twist. Master Hand and Crazy Hand are actually Mr. Dooter's hands. It'd be- *shot for silence*
That would actually be interesting.
However, Mr. Dooter would be kind of at the bottom of priority, don't you think?
EDIT: Although, Master Hand and Crazy Hand exist in the Kirby series as well (or at least in the Mirror World).

@lordvaati: Even if Skullgirls were to get a Wii U port, they would not get a character for multiple reasons. And fanservice is not one of them, surprisingly, as that can be toned down.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow that Yugioh card sucks, that game is full of cards that are literally 100% worse than other monster cards that have the same star value. I don't get it.. o-o

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Speaking of Kirby reps, I will cling with what remains of my soul to the idea that Prince Fluff stands a chance for Sm4sh. I will also cling to the idea that he would be awesome.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Kirby's Epic Yarn is a one-shot that wasn't particularly successful. I am not too crazy about the game either, not even sure I bothered completing it.

I love the narrator during the cutscenes though, somehow I find it funny. xD

vicgur

Smash Ace
Why don´t you bet these Fictional Internet Dollars on 4 links? :troll:
What, do you think I'm crazy!?
I just support it, I know the chances of that **** happening. :c
Hell, even Masked Link and Wolf Link have bad chances alone. Now, both joining Adult and Toon Link at the same time... It's impossible.
Yeah, that's me being real. :(
But I'll keep supporting multiple Links to my grave. :cool:

Mystical Ninja Goemon!!! I want that series to be seen in SM4SH so much. But it's one of the crazy dreams mine.
I love the N64 game so ****in' much!!
It's one of my favorites!
Just look how awesome it is!

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
@Holder Whaaaat? It was at least a critical success. It's awesome, not as a Kirby game though.

I know I've mentioned this here before, but the whole Epic Yarn thing was presented to Nintendo with Fluff as the star, and they rejected it thinking it wouldn't sell. Then they tacked Kirby onto it.

Point being that Epic Yarn should be its own awesome series. The game is simply beautiful.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Speaking of Kirby reps, I will cling with what remains of my soul to the idea that Prince Fluff stands a chance for Sm4sh. I will also cling to the idea that he would be awesome.
Well, how does Sakurai feel about all these new Kirby characters he didn't create?

That, could be a touchy subject for him, and maybe a reason he wouldn't add them. Or, he wouldn't add Prince Fluff for the same reason he didn't add Gooey, Rick, or a Waddle Dee.

If we had a new Kirby rep, I would think it would be a Dee. Probably based off of Bandana and all the other friendly Dees in the Kirby series. Adeline would be cool too.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm not sure if it selled well, but the reviews I've seen weren't too found of it because it took even less risks than Kirby Returns to Dreamland, and that game took none. But at the very least it wasn't ******** easy, just stupid easy.

It was too simple and you ended up doing the few things you could do throughout the entire game as an immortal piece of yarn. It looked neat, sure, but that was about it. Compared to the Mario Universe + Paper, it doesn't stand out nearly as much.

I did like the idea at first some time ago when the game first came out, because we would have a cartoon Link, we could get a paper Mario, and then a yarn Kirby, and that might be interesting, but then I began to realize how Toon Link games and Paper Mario games are so much more fun and that the characters themselves are far more interesting.

Edit: As for Bandana Dee, I agree that if there is to be a fourth, it would be him. Honestly, I wouldn't mind him being in at all. Not sure if I support the idea/find it likely.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I know I've mentioned this here before, but the whole Epic Yarn thing was presented to Nintendo with Fluff as the star, and they rejected it thinking it wouldn't sell. Then they tacked Kirby onto it.
That's one of the VERY FEW things I hate about Nintendo. :mad:
They just HATE new ideas/series. They can't make a creative idea into a game without turning it into Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Star Fox etc. etc. etc.

Take Star Fox Adventures as an example. It was presented to Nintendo with Krystal as the star, and they rejected it thinking it wouldn't sell. Then they tacked Fox onto it.
See what I did there?

What about Retro Studios?
They had all those recent problems because they wanted to do something new, instead of DK Country Returns...
The game was AWESOME, but some employees were not happy in being Nintendo's *****es. Retro lost some good employees with that.

D

Deleted member

Sorry to bring up Zelda discussion again, which I'm sure will turn into "Diddy's Impa Time", but I got to thinking...
We know that Toon Zelda/Sheik was planned for Brawl, but what if...instead of Toon Sheik...we get Phantom Zelda?
Not only would it represent Zelda being playable (somewhat) for the first time in the series (barring the CD-i games), but it would also represent the latest in the "Toon Trilogy" as I call it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'd much rather have Tetra honestly. But Phantom Zelda isn't a bad concept.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
That's one of the VERY FEW things I hate about Nintendo. :mad:
They just HATE new ideas/series. They can't make a creative idea into a game without turning it into Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Star Fox etc. etc. etc.

Take Star Fox Adventures as an example. It was presented to Nintendo with Krystal as the star, and they rejected it thinking it wouldn't sell. Then they tacked Fox onto it.
See what I did there?

What about Retro Studios?
They had all those recent problems because they wanted to do something new, instead of DK Country Returns...
The game was AWESOME, but some employees were not happy in being Nintendo's *****es. Retro lost some good employees with that.
Yeah it would have been nice is Epic Yarn didn't force Kirby into it, same goes for Dinosaur Planet as well. But Retro asked to do Donkey Kong Country. They wanted to do it and the result was fantastic.

I doubt they are bringing back Raven Blade or that other game they were working on at the same time as Prime 1. And they are most certainly going to revive something else of Nintendo's, but I am totally cool with that.

We got Xenoblade, and the other RPGs from Nintendo, and those new franchises are major.

D

Deleted member

I'd much rather have Tetra honestly. But Phantom Zelda isn't a bad concept.
I'm inclined to agree on the Tetra part, but I feel Phantom Zelda would provide something more unique in a transformation. Namely the switching between a lightweight that is projectile heavy and a heavyweight that is about close combat.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
@Shorts Yeah, Bandanna Dee is certainly the most safe bet for a new Kirby rep. Fluff's just a favorite of mine. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo pushed hard for him (or any new Kirby rep). The series is absolutely huge in Japan (and most everywhere else), even without Sakurai. Plus, Kirby had a tremendous presence on the Wii and at the end of the DS's lifespan (Epic Yarn, Return to Dreamland, Super Star Ultra, Mass Attack).

@Holder My experience with it was awesome. The visuals were worked into the gameplay in unique and charming ways, and it never got stale to me. The game is admittedly the most challenging for OCD compeltionists like me who have to get/achieve everything (getting through some of those levels with enough beads for a gold medal made me ragequit). It didn't take any risks as a Kirby game, but had it been launched as its own series, I think it would've not only been a gamble, but a successful one at that. Had Kirby stuff not been shoehorned into Epic Yarn, there could've at least been more original characters and enemies.

But yeah, it ain't for everyone. I think it's a great game to play and relax. It really makes me smile, and I love when games do that.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Yeah it would have been nice is Epic Yarn didn't force Kirby into it, same goes for Dinosaur Planet as well. But Retro asked to do Donkey Kong Country. They wanted to do it and the result was fantastic.

I doubt they are bringing back Raven Blade or that other game they were working on at the same time as Prime 1. And they are most certainly going to revive something else of Nintendo's, but I am totally cool with that.

We got Xenoblade, and the other RPGs from Nintendo, and those new franchises are major.
Hmmm... Now that you said that, I guess I got the "facts" all messed up.
It probably wasn't Retro who had the problem. But as I remember, there were some losses in Retro because of DKCountry... I dunno, might be trippin' [why did I even say that!?].

Retro is TOTALLY Nintendo's new Rare. As far as it goes, I loved everything they made so far.
Heck, even Miyamoto himself said he would trust them to make a Zelda game. They're THAT awesome.

EDIT:
Shoot, this Tetra vs. Phantom Zelda thought got me in a dilemma.
Part of me wants Zelda as a heavy weight armor monster.
The other part wants to see a "Zelda as a ninja"[Sheik] vs. "Zelda as a pirate"[Tetra] fight!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Prince Fluff would be pretty cool... too bad he is an one-time Kirby character at this point. Maybe he could be an Assist Trophy? I would love a Epic Yarn stage, though. For Smash 4, the Kirby stages I want are:

- something from Kirby's Epic Yarn
- something from Kirby's Return to Dream Land
- something from Kirby's Adventure (since it is a 3D Classics game on eShop, making it relevant again)
- Halberd (past stage)

Sounds good?

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Shoot, this Tetra vs. Phantom Zelda thought got me in a dilemma.
Part of me wants Zelda as a heavy weight armor monster.
The other part wants to see a "Zelda as a ninja"[Sheik] vs. "Zelda as a pirate"[Tetra] fight!
Why not have... ALL THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?

Well, I guess that would make her too similar to Red. Hmm... Maybe Phantom Zelda could be a FS transformation, and Tetra could be the Down Special? Both just sound too awesome to cut one out. I don't think we've ever had a straight up pirate in Smash.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shorts Yeah, Bandanna Dee is certainly the most safe bet for a new Kirby rep. Fluff's just a favorite of mine. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo pushed hard for him (or any new Kirby rep). The series is absolutely huge in Japan (and most everywhere else), even without Sakurai. Plus, Kirby had a tremendous presence on the Wii and at the end of the DS's lifespan (Epic Yarn, Return to Dreamland, Super Star Ultra, Mass Attack).
I don't think Nintendo is going to push for a fourth Kirby character, let alone any character really. I also don't know how Sakurai feels about the rest of the Kirby cast. So, I'm going to safely bet on no new Kirby characters, because Sakurai added the three most major ones. Unless I see reason to think otherwise, I'm betting no on Fluff, or Bandana. Not that they wouldn't be cool.

Also, anyone expecting Tingle/Ghirahim to REPLACE Child Link, is going to be sorely mistaken when SSB4 is released. Sakurai views Child like as an important part of the LoZ universe. I think even if we didn't get Young Link in SSBM, we would have gotten Toon Link in Brawl regardless.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Actually I am pushing for Masked Link to replace Toon Link... since he is a decloned child Link and there is no way a Deku Scrub, a Goron, and a Zora is going to play like Link at all. ;)

And then add Tingle as the fifth Zelda character who gets to represent his own series with a Rupee icon. :awesome:

It is a win-win situation. We keep our precious child Link but he's completely decloned.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Actually I am pushing for Masked Link to replace Toon Link... since he is a decloned child Link and there is no way a Deku Scrub, a Goron, and a Zora is going to play like Link at all. ;)

And then add Tingle as the fifth Zelda character who gets to represent his own series with a Rupee icon. :awesome:

It is a win-win situation. We keep our precious child Link but he's completely decloned.
I think Toon Link is the best link,another Links can not replace him :bee:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like Toon Link and all... he's how Young Link should have been like in Melee... but honestly, I don't need two characters with the same movesets. I want child Link's B to do something besides shooting an arrow. I want child Link's Side B to do something besides throwing a boomerang. I want child Link's Up B to do something besides spinning the sword. I want child Link's Down B to do something besides pulling out bombs. I want child Link's Final Smash to do something besides slashing the enemy (and adult Link needs a better Final Smash from the actual games as well). Since Sakurai doesn't think that a normal child Link would be any different from adult Link.... and some people seem to think that a child Link is important that he needs to be in Smash. This is why I feel that Masked Link is the best compromise I could come up with... he is still a child Link but there is no way he would be similar to adult Link because we are not really playing as a child Link but rather as a Deku Scrub, a Goron, and a Zora. Majora's Mask 3D will happen! You will see... there's already demand for it. Operation Moonfall, you know?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
YES.

I'm not sure if it selled well, but the reviews I've seen weren't too found of it because it took even less risks than Kirby Returns to Dreamland, and that game took none. But at the very least it wasn't ******** easy, just stupid easy.

It was too simple and you ended up doing the few things you could do throughout the entire game as an immortal piece of yarn. It looked neat, sure, but that was about it. Compared to the Mario Universe + Paper, it doesn't stand out nearly as much.
It sold over a million copies and the reviews said it was a solid game.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I remember the IGN review gave it a 9 and a lot of the comments were absolutely confused as to how it scored so high, and I have to agree. I think the same person even gave Dreamland 2 like a 7 which sparked even more confusion because almost everyone thinks that game is superior, which I also agreed with.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Would you guys be happy with this.... alternative type of roster?

Not the usual, but looks fun IMO.

Newcomers:
Geno
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Captain Syrup
Ghirahim
Tingle
Ridley
Starfy
Medusa
Pokemon Trainer May
Zoroark
Krystal
Goroh
Masked Man
Caeda
Micaiah
Little Mac
Saki
Takamaru

Cut:
Sonic
Snake
Pokemon Trainer Red
Toon Link

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mario and Zelda are absolutely perfect for me. I'd miss Charizard like hell though
I always have a hard time cutting him. I can never EVER balance interesting, deserving, and five slots when it comes to Pokemon.

I always want Charizard, Mewtwo, Zoroark, and Victini on the same roster, plus Pikachu, Lucario and Jiggs.

But thats always too much. So, all my Pokemon rosters end differently. Tired of making same old cookie cutter rosters. Just making fun ones now.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I support masked Young Link as well. Hopefully we will get Majoras Mask 3d so we can get both an amazing game remake on the 3ds and Masked Link in Sm4sh!

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
Masked Link AND Skullkid :D Much rather have Skullkid than Ghirahim, Skullkid is more awesome imo =3

And Shortie, I like that roster, although I don't really care about Lucario (personal preference), and I kinda miss Mewtwo, just because he's badass,.. I'd be happy if that would be the roster, I think...

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Masked Link AND Skullkid :D Much rather have Skullkid than Ghirahim, Skullkid is more awesome imo =3
I support both Skullkid and Ghirahim. But if Masked Link actually did get in I doubt we would get both him and Skullkid. So either one would be great.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ghirahim, Geno, and an Earthbound rep? I suppose I'll take it. The only two things that bothers me is the altered Pokemon Trainer. There is no way that could happen, in my view, and I WANT MUH CHARZARD! Second thing is Mewtwo > Zoroark, if we can only have one we need double mew. In my view again, but that's probably the majority.

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
I support both Skullkid and Ghirahim. But if Masked Link actually did get in I doubt we would get both him and Skullkid. So either one would be great.
Masked Link and a fight with Skullkid in an adventure mode would be cool, but it would itch too much that he's not playable... I've always had a thing for Skullkid, he has moveset potential, has a powerful and awesome appearance, and he's crazy! But yeah he doesn't have alot of chance unless Majora's Mask 3DS is released... and Toon Link is in more games so maybe he won't be replaced by Masked Link... which leaves a little bit more chance for Skullkid.. what will Sakurai doooo?!

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
@Shorts This made me realize, as much as I fight and campaign for characters, all I truly care about is no cuts. The only reason I wouldn't be happy with that is the cuts. Toon Link upsets me the least, even though I love him, mostly because he's a clone. But the third parties and Red... I can't go on without them.

As far as the additions, I think they're meh for me. Some I like and some not so much. But the cuts are what break the deal for me.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom