• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai need to do one thing to improve the game..... something called SKINS, instead of colors we get Skins of different character but same moves and the name....

Marth =
Lukina
, Roy,Eliwood skin choice.

Ike = Krom and Hector....
Sure, why not? It will only make the fans happy. I mean, Capcom did the same thing for Zero with the Mega Man X skin.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think your character choices for "Skins" would actually need different models.

Otherwise it would just be a recolor, unless that's what you want?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Can we please discuss something here without someone getting angry and trying to offend another? This place always has bad vibes from someone, that's why I simply watched and never joined until just recently.
I know the feeling. IDK what this situation was about, but I'm glad it ended well.

EDIT:
Sakurai need to do one thing to improve the game..... something called SKINS, instead of colors we get Skins of different character but same moves and the name....

Marth =
Lukina
, Roy,Eliwood skin choice.

Ike = Krom and Hector....
I'm not really for this idea tbh. Its kinda indicating the characters were thought of but weren't considered important enough for playability. They seemed to have avoided the idea on purpose since 64 by giving Mario a Wario recolor rather than a Wario skin; same goes with Peach and the Daisy recolor as well as Luigi's Waluigi palette.

Having completely different characters appear as skins with the same moves feels strange when they have potential to be playable, or ATs. Its sorta like a movie/tv show/comic in which you're hoping for your favorite character/actor to appear. Instead of them making random cameos (at the very least), they get referenced by another character/actor who isn't them, and they don't appear at all.

That's mainly how I feel about the matter. :/

..Did I kill the thread?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I kind of agree with you, BirthNote. I agree they're poor substitutes. On the other hand, I don't mind technically playing as the character that way.

I mean, I used the yellow costume for Mario when I wanted to "play" as Wario into 64 and Melee.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I never really saw or pretended the recolors were them, but I guess it was because I nitpicked a lot as a kid. Some of my friends did, and I do use the Waluigi palette at times in Brawl, but it was harder for me to imagine it was him because he's an AT.

Glad I didn't kill the thread. XD

ArcherBear

Smash Rookie
I want to ask a little question.

Why not Liz rather than Krom? Keep Marth, another female character, and a FE rep who isn't a sword user, rather magic.

Just mah two cents.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I want to ask a little question.

Why not Liz rather than Krom? Keep Marth, another female character, and a FE rep who isn't a sword user, rather magic.

Just mah two cents.
I don't know why you would want Liz , Krom is a major character in this game while Liz = Mist , a major female character is playable in Awakening, she even have the potential to dethrone Marth IMHO....

ArcherBear

Smash Rookie
I don't know why you would want Liz , Krom is a major character in this game while Liz = Mist , a major female character is playable in Awakening, she even have the potential to dethrone Marth IMHO....
Just a female magic user will do, but preferably one from Awakening. It's just that Liz seems like she might be a tad important to the game, that's why I used her as an undefined example.

Hoot hoot.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Strictly following Smash's pattern regarding Fire Emblem, Marth will be in with the newest lord (which I guess is Kroms) and the other Fire Emblem lord from the following game will be cut.

I do not adhere to that "technical" pattern.

From Sakurai's love of Fire Emblem, I am going to guess that Krom is added as a balance between Ike and Marth. In-between Marth, the finesse and technique based lord and Ike, the brutal powerhouse.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
If Fire Emblem gets 3 characters and Donkey Kong 2, I'll be pissed.

Don't get me wrong, I love Fire Emblem. But I love DK A LOT more.
If DK gets 2 then that definitely will be stupid, because then he will not of even got a newcomer.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

I wouldn't be pissed, but, I would love to see each get at least one new addition.

Krom, Roy, Dixie or K. Rool all sound fine to me.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Finally back... Got my computer all fixed up. What's good?
Not that news

Andddd, about the Tingle > Ghirahim

I hope you realize there is a reason Tingle got chose for his own spin-off series. Wario, Yoshi, DK, sound familar?

If this was Yoshi vs. Daisy we wouldn't be having this convo.

Also, I'm just talking IMPORTANCE, not anything else.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Not that news

Andddd, about the Tingle > Ghirahim

I hope you realize there is a reason Tingle got chose for his own spin-off series. Wario, Yoshi, DK, sound familar?

If this was Yoshi vs. Daisy we wouldn't be having this convo.

Also, I'm just talking IMPORTANCE, not anything else.
I kind of like Tingle being a possible newcomer, but I feel like he is going to be one of those characters where they are going to give him a bunch of random moves because he doesn't really have any.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Kind of the opposite for me. But DK needs it more no doubt about it.

I just looked at the most recent FE13 news, I'm not sure if people have been hacking the game, but it looks like pretty much every lord in the series is going to be a part of the DLC and spotpass stuff. Not that we already didn't know that (nor does it matter too much when it comes to Smash), this is just confirming it.

Looks like one of the DLC chapters has Marth, Ike, and Alm teaming up to fight against the female lords of the series (except for Lyn).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Kind of the opposite for me. But DK needs it more no doubt about it.

I just looked at the most recent FE13 news, I'm not sure if people have been hacking the game, but it looks like pretty much every lord in the series is going to be a part of the DLC and spotpass stuff. Not that we already didn't know that (nor does it matter too much when it comes to Smash), this is just confirming it.

Looks like one of the DLC chapters has Marth, Ike, and Alm teaming up to fight against the female lords of the series (except for Lyn).
The enemies are not the just female lords of the series, but rather major female characters from each game of the series (which is why you get Julia, Lilina, Elincia, Nanna, etc.)

Also, Lyn is there too. Under Google translate, Lyn's name comes up as Phosphorus.

Kill all the female characters, and you get Marth as part of your army.

There is also that Levin and Ardan (lol worst character from Generation 1 from FE4) as SpotPass characters.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
At best, DK deserves 2 more Newcomers, definatly. FE just needs to bring back the red head so that everyone quits *****ing Lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The enemies are not the female lords of the series, but rather major female characters from each game of the series (which is why you get Julia, Lilina, Elincia, Nanna, etc.)

Also, Lyn is there too. Under Google translate, Lyn's name comes up as Phosphorus.

Kill all the female characters, and you get Marth as part of your army.
Well they aren't all lords, but a good chunk of them were and that's all anyone cares about anyway. Phosphorus? I thought Lyn was リンディス?

Still is pretty cool though. Now lets see what the Smash Stockmarket has to say.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I kind of like Tingle being a possible newcomer, but I feel like he is going to be one of those characters where they are going to give him a bunch of random moves because he doesn't really have any.
He has a flight based balloon moveset, darts, rupees, and his entire game rupeeland to use. He COULD have a very hearty moveset. Of course, so could have Wario. And he came out like utter ****.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well they aren't all lords, but a good chunk of them were and that's all anyone cares about anyway. Phosphorus? I thought Lyn was リンディス?

Still is pretty cool though. Now lets see what the Smash Stockmarket has to say.
The theme of the enemies was the major female character from each Fire Emblem game (though FE4 gets two characters due to the two generation nature of its game).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The theme of the enemies was the major female character from each Fire Emblem game (though FE4 gets two characters due to the two generation nature of its game).
How they're going to make a story out this is beyond me. lol

Sorry if I missed a detail or two, it's tough keeping up Serenes Forest right now with all the leaks pouring in. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom