• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Well if he can't make the idea work for the game, that is the equivalent of not liking the idea of Balloon Fighter in the game. I mean, I wouldn't like a character that wouldn't work in my game. :p

But eh, no point in debating that really. Either way you word it, it still applies similarly.
The difference being, Tingle doesn't need balloons to move around when Balloon Fighter does, which is the entire reason Sakurai didn't add him. Granted Tingle is disliked by a lot of people, but saying he couldn't work in the game is ridiculous. Tingle has an easy moveset potential and would be a very unique character, whether you like him or not. I'm pretty indifferent, but I think he would be a fine addition, just like Girahim.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Alice from Balloon Kid has a damn balloon pump.Aforementioned problem fixed Sakurai.

Also, this might be old for you US-guys, but I finally got to see the last Kid Icarus-OVA.

Damn that last punchline. So where did Pit and Palutena go for dinner? XDD

Also, Palutena seems to know how to handle the weapons, heehee.

Also... Hot Springs Palutena for SSB4. :awesome:

:phone:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
He didn't try to put Balloon Fighter in Melee. He made a passing joke about him when talking about the decision to include Ice Climbers.

Though, Tingle/Balloon Fighter would be pretty neat. No third jump, just a lot of FLAPPING. May seem tough for opponents to deal with, but all they have to do is pop his balloon(s) and he falls helplessly.
Balloon Fighter is my most wanted character and Tingle would NOT be a good substitute in my tastes. Tingle's Balloon Fight DS was giving away once in a special event with limited quantities (never sold in stores) which means it's not canon. Not to mention the game has absolutely nothing to do with the The Legend of Zelda series besides Tingle/Ankle/Knuckle/David Jr. (Don't get me wrong, I like Tingle's Balloon Fight and Tingle to some degree but Tingle replacing Balloon Fighter would leave a bad taste in my mouth)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The difference being, Tingle doesn't need balloons to move around when Balloon Fighter does, which is the entire reason Sakurai didn't add him. Granted Tingle is disliked by a lot of people, but saying he couldn't work in the game is ridiculous. Tingle has an easy moveset potential and would be a very unique character, whether you like him or not. I'm pretty indifferent, but I think he would be a fine addition, just like Girahim.
My point was that him being in a knock-off of the Balloon Fighters simply does not increase his chances. And just about every move set I see involves him using balloons somewhere, at least his recovery, which may or may not be passable. (It would be hard for us to say whether they can balance such a move to the point where he can get back on stage most of the time without his balloons being popped).

I never said he couldn't work in the game. My reasons against him are everything that I've said up to this point. There is just not an adequate reason to put him in yet, if ever.

Alice from Balloon Kid has a damn balloon pump.Aforementioned problem fixed Sakurai.
How does that fix it? XD

Also... Hot Springs Palutena for SSB4. :awesome:

...Okay I agree with this.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't recall that being anywhere near Sakurai's criteria for character selection. o-o In fact, he wants unique characters that offer something different to the game.

Tingle is essentially a Zelda Toad. His move set even would be just as gimmicky and itemized.
God, you are clueless, aren't you? Take a good look at the Brawl roster.

Protagonist/Mascot
- Mario
- Luigi (it isn't called Super Mario Bros. for nothing)
- Donkey Kong
- Yoshi
- Link
- Toon Link
- Samus / Zero Suit Samus
- Pit
- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.
- Kirby
- Olimar
- Fox
- Captain Falcon
- Pikachu
- Pokemon Trainer
- Marth
- Ike
- Ness
- Lucas
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Snake
- Sonic

Main Female
- Peach
- Zelda / Sheik

Series Villain/Main Rival
- Bowser
- Wario
- Ganondorf
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Wolf

Main Sidekick
- Diddy Kong
- Falco

Pokemon (only because I cannot come up with an appropriate name to classify them)
- Lucario
- Jigglypuff

It does seem that a protagonist gets priority over a villain. And the only eligible villains seem to be the main villains of the series, not one-time villains. Hence why I believe that Tingle (and Toad) has a priority over Ghirahim.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Calm down there sport. D: It's kay, promise.

Protagonist/Mascot
- Mario
- Luigi (it isn't called Super Mario Bros. for nothing)
- Donkey Kong
- Yoshi
- Link
- Toon Link
- Samus / Zero Suit Samus
- Pit
- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.
- Kirby
- Olimar
- Fox
- Captain Falcon
- Pikachu
- Pokemon Trainer
- Marth
- Ike
- Ness
- Lucas
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Snake
- Sonic

Main Female
- Peach
- Zelda / Sheik

Series Villain/Main Rival
- Bowser
- Wario
- Ganondorf
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Wolf

Main Sidekick
- Diddy Kong
- Falco

Pokemon (only because I cannot come up with an appropriate name to classify them)
- Lucario
- Jigglypuff

It does seem that a protagonist gets priority over a villain. And the only eligible villains seem to be the main villains of the series, not one-time villains. Hence why I believe that Tingle (and Toad) has a priority over Ghirahim.

First off, I am going by what Sakurai has said. You know, words from his mouth, saying what he uses to determine characters. That may supersede anything you have to say.

It is also quite humorous how at the end there you put in how this shows Tingle is superior to Ghirahim. Tingle doesn't fall under any of those categories.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: No, I must be an Old Man Pervtail. Like those pervertic old men in animes... jk.

SHAFT never disappoints with the fanservice.
(-^▼^-);

HOH:Make Alice playable or give that pump for Balloon Fighter.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wario isn't really just a series vilain or a main rival anymore, he has his own series now so he could be considered a main protagonist

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hear that, dighfkddy? Sorry, my dog just jumped me. But in all seriousness, if SSB was based off attitude, then Tingle would never be in it. He is:
  • A child molestor
  • A rupee-collecting freak(that makes him rich, though.)
  • A middle-aged man who thinks he's a reincarnated fairy. And...
  • A RECURRING PLOTLINE CHARACTER!!!!!
Unless it's the main character, the main antagonist, or the princess, helper, horse, whatev, they don't deserve to repeat. Unless it's the Goomba or Octorock. :?:
You are ********. Where was it ever stated in the games that Tingle does in fact have sex with children? You are just desperate to keep Tingle out of Smash just to make room for Ghirahim or any other Zelda character. That's why you are pulling crap out of your ***. Disgusting.

And Tingle is in fact the protagonist of his own game series. Hey! If you cannot be important in a game series, get your own game series!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think he was trying to make a funny in that post Arcadenik, at ease.

So you think Tingle should be in and not represent the Zelda franchise and represent his own?

Edit: Being very serious, the idea actually seems somewhat more acceptable in my eyes.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
We need BOTH Ghirahim and Tingle in Sm4sh. There can never be enough homoeroticism to go around, but DARN IT Sakurai needs to try.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think he was trying to make a funny in that post Arcadenik, at ease.

So you think Tingle should be in and not represent the Zelda franchise and represent his own?
Yes. Like what Yoshi and Wario did. They appear in Mario games all the time but represent their own game series. Instead of having the Mushroom symbol, they had the Egg symbol or the W symbol. So, in Tingle's case, he wouldn't have the Triforce symbol but a Rupee symbol.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Okay, I'll take that. Though, I would expect more games for his franchise then, otherwise his character would go from What-the-**** to Why-the-****? As long as the Zelda series can still have another character and doesn't possess one like Tingle.

I don't support the idea, but I can accept it and find it humorous all the while.

D

Deleted member

I really don't see why people say Tingle is gay.
He's currently the only Nintendo character to have a censored in-game BJ. :smirk: By a woman, I assure you.
You know what that means? He has had more action than frigging MARIO, who's lucky enough to get kisses on his big nose.

EDIT: Also, must I post my Tingle moveset again for the people that say he has no moveset potential?

vicgur

Smash Ace
Has anyone noticed the randomly generated names for the CPUs in the multiplayer of Kid Icarus Uprising?
The names aren't limited to 5 digits, like in the SSB games. This time, they're full names with up to, i dunno, 12 digits?

There are:
  • Obvious names of elements in the game. From names of characters, to enemies and even items.
  • Random common names, like Peter, or Fred.
  • Weird ****. And come emoticons like (^_^)
  • Nintendo names. Even Captain N is included.

I don't really think the Nitendo names could mean something about Sm4sh, or anything like that, but it's kinda fun to pay attention to them.
My favorite of all is Floor Food! :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While y'all hatin', Tingle be pullin' all the hoes

Probably why Sakurai won't let him become playable. :troll:

But in all seriousness, we're arguing about Tingle? Really? I thought we were Stronger than that.

D

Deleted member

Probably why Sakurai won't let him become playable. :troll:

But in all seriousness, we're arguing about Tingle? Really? I thought we were Stronger than that.

Admit it; you just jelly of the fairy man getting the hoes. :troll:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think Ghirahim's SS appearance held more water than every role that Tingle has played. I mean, there's no arguing that Tingle will likely continue to make minor appearances and is more prevalent in Zelda, but I disagree that he's more important. He's just that weird guy that everyone sees and goes, "Oh, there's Tingle."

I guess that means his chances are better, but I think he was his most significant (within Zelda) in MM.
Good point. I think the other thing people are forgetting is people hate Tingle. Sakurai has said that the inclusion is suppose to make people want to play the game. Tingle would draw people away from Smash, not in. Heck, Tingle hasn't appeared in a main Zelda game since Wind Waker.

Also, Sheik. People are fighting tooth and nail against Diddy over her, and she'll probably never appear again. I do know that Sheik = Zelda, but that doesn't change the fact that Zelda has appeared as Sheik only once. I think people were upset that Midna wasn't in Brawl, so they now think that Zelda one-offs are super-unlikely, but Sheik says otherwise. Zelda could've very easily appeared in Melee without Sheik, and should've according to the "No Zelda One-Off" Theory.
The reason we argue against Diddy is there is no reason to take Sheik out. Remember that Smash does not play by the rules of the series. Doesn't matter that Sheik is only in one game because Zelda is Sheik in Smash.

HEY! You DO NOT talk to the Heropon that way. Watch your mouth!

Heropon make Nopon proud.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Tingle is one of those characters that you just should not expect.

And in a way, his trolling AT status really suits him. Give people an actual REASON to hate him.
"You all hate me that bad, huh? Well here! Tripping for everyone!"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Has anyone noticed the randomly generated names for the CPUs in the multiplayer of Kid Icarus Uprising?
The names aren't limited to 5 digits, like in the SSB games. This time, they're full names with up to, i dunno, 12 digits?

There are:
  • Obvious names of elements in the game. From names of characters, to enemies and even items.
  • Random common names, like Peter, or Fred.
  • Weird ****. And come emoticons like (^_^)
  • Nintendo names. Even Captain N is included.

I don't really think the Nitendo names could mean something about Sm4sh, or anything like that, but it's kinda fun to pay attention to them.
My favorite of all is Floor Food! :awesome:
You know... I have been thinking about this for a while now... I think it is very probable that Captain N could very well be the WTF character of Smash 4... think about it...
the dog in chapter 18 in Uprising? Doesn't that dog look similar to Captain N's dog?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Good point. I think the other thing people are forgetting is people hate Tingle. Sakurai has said that the inclusion is suppose to make people want to play the game. Tingle would draw people away from Smash, not in. Heck, Tingle hasn't appeared in a main Zelda game since Wind Waker.
Yes because Tingle's inclusion in Smash 4 will surely discourage people from playing as Ridley, Mega Man, Little Mac, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Palutena, etc.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Im sure it will discourage some players but the amount will be so small it'd be negligible.

VVV You'd be surprised.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Gotta agree with Arcade on that one. I mean, what dumb *** would willingly pass up potential weeks upon weeks or even months upon months of fun and replayability just because the green tights wearing ****** made it in Smash lol

grizby2

Smash Lord
im all for goofy characters in sm4sh, but i'd like to hear all the great reasons why tingle should even be in there.

ALL of them.... besides, G&W should not be knocked off his throne. (so what if i like slap-stick comedy :))

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes because Tingle's inclusion in Smash 4 will surely discourage people from playing as Ridley, Mega Man, Little Mac, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Palutena, etc.
Damn straight.

And quite a lot of people like him too.

Also, lol. He was in Minish Cap, SmashChu, a MAIN Zelda game.

There are a total of 4 spin-off/non-main Zelda games. the 3 CD-i games, and of course, Link's Crossbow Training. That's IT.

The rest all count. And certain remakes are possibly alternate stories, but don't make them any less a main game. Also, he was in Four Swords Adventures too, a clearly main Zelda game.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I need imput on something.
I'm currently in debate with a friend of mine about Sonic Newcomers.
He claims that because of the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics series, Sonic should be allowed to have both Tails and Knuckles show up in Smash 4.

I say that it should allow only one new character rather than two.
What do you guys think?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Only one guy at most. Being a third-party, it's very hard to say even if that's possible.

Sakurai would have a lot of trouble getting both in due to how much he'd have to spend.

Unless Sega is suddenly bought out by Nintendo, that is. XD

D

Deleted member

Only one guy at most. Being a third-party, it's very hard to say even if that's possible.

Sakurai would have a lot of trouble getting both in due to how much he'd have to spend.

Unless Sega is suddenly bought out by Nintendo, that is. XD
That may be true, but then there's the whole Namco situation with Lucasfilms for 3 Star Wars characters, which I would assume would cost more money than 3 Sonic characters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Additional Sonic characters?

Simply pull up any of the promotional material advertising a fighting game featuring Nintendo's All-Stars.

One inclusion per third party franchise is sufficient. Adding more is opening up a can of worms...if this company gets two reps, why doesn't this one as well?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Krom officially learns the Skill Aether in the game, and
his daughter (Masked Marth) Lucina inherit it from him
so that will make him a good replacement for Ike which would make me sad :(.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Additional Sonic characters?

Simply pull up any of the promotional material advertising a fighting game featuring Nintendo's All-Stars.

One inclusion per third party franchise is sufficient. Adding more is opening up a can of worms...if this company gets two reps, why doesn't this one as well?
Never mind them they only say these things because they don't understand how it works...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That may be true, but then there's the whole Namco situation with Lucasfilms for 3 Star Wars characters, which I would assume would cost more money than 3 Sonic characters.
Namco doesn't seem to have a problem with 3 characters of a same franchise. Likewise, they don't have any "third party specifications" or rules for it. In addition, they've never repeated a guest.

We don't know if Smash will repeat any guests. Sakurai may not. Because of this, it's better to assume one per franchise until Sakurai shows otherwise.

I do admit it's hard to give a good explanation, though. Likewise, it's hard to compare to Namco anyway. If they had a consistent style in Guests...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Just one, because you KNOW people are gonna ***** about Sonic getting 3 characters in Smash. And, it's already hard enough to get third parties in Smash as is so Sakurai doesn't need to go overboard with it (which having three Sonic reps in one day would be, much as I would like it)

Just Sonic and Tails with Robotnik as a key Adventure Mode boss would be PERFECT Sonic representation in Smash, anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom