• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think his point was that there is the contrast that the character is useless outside of his transformation, and his transformation would only be a Final Smash if anything.

D

Deleted member

Is Medeus really all that useless outside of his Dragon form, or is it just that you never fight him except in his Dragon form?

If it's the former, then I would understand. If it was the latter, then that's no real reason why he wouldn't work.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You mean as counterproductive as Ganondorf using his Ganon state as simply a Final Smash? (Who's been in more games, the beast Ganon or the human Ganondorf?)
Or Captain Falcon performing flaming bird punches and kicks and using his car only for a Final Smash?
Or making a peripheral like R.O.B., who could only slowly move his top half and move tops and blocks, able to use lasers, *near* full movement, rocket boosts, etc.?

Not that I'm trying to start an fight, but Captain Falcon and R.O.B. throw sense out the window.
I don't think making an old draconic man use pyrokinesis, magic, and his own claws is anymore :083:
No, Medeus would still be more out of place than those. Cap's always human and doesn't have anything to go off of. Ditto for ROB but instead he's a robot. Medeus though has the potential to fight, but him working like that isn't how he does things at all. (And actually the Earth Dragon form can be resized) Also he doesn't have claws and is totally an old guy.

And yeah while Ganondorf isn't actually fighting like he's supposed to, no one really wants a repeat performance of that.

Seriously though, boss material through and through.

Is Medeus really all that useless outside of his Dragon form, or is it just that you never fight him except in his Dragon form?

If it's the former, then I would understand. If it was the latter, then that's no real reason why he wouldn't work.
Manakete's can't do jack outside of their dragon forms. Like if you run out of uses on a dragon stone, they are as good as a unit that has no weapon.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Both actually. You never do fight him outside of his dragon form, but based on the manaketes from the rest of the series including Tiki, they can't fight in their normal forms.

Probably dumb to mention, but characters like Gotoh and Xane, who lost their ability to turn into dragons, learned to use weapons like magic.

D

Deleted member

@Pieman: If he doesn't have claws, what do you call those things on his fingers? Tumors?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Totally claws of a beastial(if you will on the term).

Don't kid yourself. Those hands aren't human. Hell, at best it looks like Ogre hands if we're going for partial humanoid.

Also, even if it's implied they cannot fight, that means nothing. Anybody can fight, really. Slime, a little kid, Baby Mario(Super Mario World 2 he goes temporarily invincible), etc. Mind you, they just need enough intelligence and/or instinct, and it's all good.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Has anyone suggested Meowth's palette swaps be various coat colors for cats? With a collar to indicate what COLOR they're supposed to be...

Awh... Calico Meowth. TABBY Meowth. TORTOISESHELL MEOWTH JUST LIKE MY KITTY! I want it... >:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I love reading the google translations of his tweets though haha, they always come out making no sense in such a strange and mysterious way.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Following Sakurai on Twitter is a torture.
I don't even know why I keep clicking in every pic he posts on that ****...
It's always his ****in' cat!
That's frustrating.

Unless... MEOWTH CONFIRMED FOR SM4SH!!
He should learn from Ono. Make his cat his Blanka. Bring the cat to work to only get in the way of photos.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That's because google translate is awful. On the show, "Spicks and Specks", one of the games involves the lyrics of a song, translated in to Japanese using google translate, and then translated back using google translate. The contestants then have to figure out what the song is by the warped lyrics. Some of them are seriously rediculous. I'll see if I can find one for you that they did...

Also, I know someone on my AIM who's AIM avatar just has a little cat in a frog beanie. It's seriously the cutest thing around. >.>

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like using Bing translate. I find it to be much more accurate, although it doesn't translate katakana for some reason. That is when taking a Japanese class pays off.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ok here's the example. You should be able to pick it up from the first stanza, but i'll let you know that the second is from the same song. O.O

If there is strange something
At your neighborhood
Whether who calling if
Destructive person

Incomprehensible something
Of the illusion which has done and it is
Whether who calling carefully
The destructive person of the illusion which that it has gone does not see

Yea. That's right. It's Ghostbusters. >.<

And that was from the episode of spicks and specks.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
BAHAHA that is absolutely great. XD I don't have the heart to not use google translate or else I'll lose so many laughs and smiles..

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
FE13 Final Chapter pic.

I'm suprised but looking at it, it doesn't look like it'll make for much of a stage. Maybe Dragon's Altar isn't unreasonable. :3

No pics of the final boss yet, it does seem to be
Gimle
and not Medeus. Certainly looks tough though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I tested out McDonalds wi-fi again try-hi but no luck, it comes in and then cuts out after a few seconds. I'm unsure of other places that would have similar wi-fi. >.<

In the meantime though i've been playing white. Took me 3 days to get through all 8 gym leaders and beat Ghetsis. Suddenly everything is lvl 60 or higher. O.O

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I tested out McDonalds wi-fi again try-hi but no luck, it comes in and then cuts out after a few seconds. I'm unsure of other places that would have similar wi-fi. >.<

In the meantime though i've been playing white. Took me 3 days to get through all 8 gym leaders and beat Ghetsis. Suddenly everything is lvl 60 or higher. O.O
So you finally got White? Good to hear (I got Black). Bummer on McDonalds, just got to keep trying I guess. I used to carry my DS around and just search for signals at random.

I actually had all 3 legendary dogs for the Zoroark event, but when I tried to upload one of them to my Black cart, the game for some reason deleted the other two. :mad:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah i'll probably try that. Actually, I didn;t get white, I borrowed it from my cousin. She was up to chargestone cave, I powered through there on my second day of playing. :p

I'll end up going back and checking out things i've missed, after looking for the seven sages probably, but I suggest keeping your legendaries on heartgold/soulsilver because I was planning to get the legendaries for my friend who lent me platinum >.>

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll end up going back and checking out things i've missed, after looking for the seven sages probably, but I suggest keeping your legendaries on heartgold/soulsilver because I was planning to get the legendaries for my friend who lent me platinum >.>
Don't worry, I've kept those legendary and the event Pokemon on my HG cart. Probably should take this to VMs...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yea, hehe. Well to get back on topic, since I haven't been around for a while, is there any news on sm4sh? Any confirmed things?

Also, less than 1000 more posts and this thread hits 100,000 posts :o

grizby2

Smash Lord
Hector or Lyn would be a good choice. Plus they were the protagonists of the very fist FE title to be localized for Europa and the Americas.
i love hector~
i mean we have ENOUGH sword/hammer users as it is in smash bros. (even if they use them to fight or NOT)
i'd LOVE to see an axe wielder for a change.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Following Sakurai on Twitter is a torture.
I don't even know why I keep clicking in every pic he posts on that ****...
It's always his ****in' cat!
That's frustrating.

Unless... MEOWTH CONFIRMED FOR SM4SH!!
Don't mock me! :glare: :urg: :(

D

Deleted member

I bet Sakurai just LOVES Nintendogs + Cats.
Wonder if he would have a cat just like his.....?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I bet Sakurai just LOVES Nintendogs + Cats.
Wonder if he would have a cat just like his.....?
I am pretty much certain that a Nintendog+Cat Assist Trophy is a shoe-in. I bet the kitten would look like Sakurai's cat. :awesome:

Oh, and Meowth needs a "Sakurai's Cat" palette swap if he gets in. ;)

:phone:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Ghirahim > Vaati > Toon Zelda/Tetra > Young Link >>>>>>>>>>>> Impa. ANYDAY!

D

Deleted member

All this talk about Sakurai's cat has got me wondering....do we even know it's NAME?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ghirahim > Vaati > Toon Zelda/Tetra > Young Link >>>>>>>>>>>> Impa. ANYDAY!
Nah.

Vaati and (young) Toon Zelda are pretty much outdated by now. Best bet was for them being in Brawl. And why would they go for an older version of Toon Zelda? Skyward Sword Zelda is way more likely, and could even be THE Zelda, as well as Skyward Sword Link being THE Link.

Young Link depends on wether we have Majoras Mask for 3DS or not. But I could see him make it in the 3DS version (which I think would have the Melee Zelda cast, including Sheik yeah).

I still say Impa > Queerahim though. This 'Fabulous' drag queen wasn't even the main villain. Even though I liked him for being so different, I'm really not expecting him at all.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom