• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
And yet he still has more of a personality than Impa. Hell, she hardly did anything worthy in the story except getting her *** kicked by Ghirahim. :smirk:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Play till the end lol

Also, Sheik had no personality either.

Durr I play my harp, volcanoes are hot, lakes are deep, my speech isn't however, but I act mysterious to keep you guessing wether I have a **** or not

:phone:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Play till the end lol

Also, Sheik had no personality either.

Durr I play my harp, volcanoes are hot, lakes are deep, my speech isn't however, but I act mysterious to keep you guessing wether I have a **** or not

No personality? What persona did Impa have then?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dutiful mostly, calm, collected and serious. She even critised Link in the beginning for being too slow to be of use for Zelda.

Also, her music theme is a thousand fold better than Sheik's repeative theme :smirk:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Dutiful mostly, calm, collected and serious. She even critised Link in the beginning for being too slow to be of use for Zelda.

Also, her music theme is a thousand fold better than Sheik's repeative theme :smirk:

All of which Sheik had. Hell even Toon Zelda has more personality. :smirk:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nostalga goggles. Sheik actually sucks. Hence why she was scrapped from Twilight Princess and Impa was revived for Skyward Sword instead.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
And yet Sheik is more likeable and recognized by Zelda & Smash fans, Impa on the other hand... Just gets **** on whenever people even bring her up.

@vicgur I did play Spirit Tracks, she definitely has more personality than most of the characters in the damn series.

D

Deleted member

Nostalga goggles. Sheik actually sucks. Hence why she was scrapped from Twilight Princess and Impa was revived for Skyward Sword instead.

If you actually had sense, you would realize that SS came before OoT in canon, thus Sheik never existed yet. As for "Why couldn't she just make up Sheik in this game to hide from Ghirahim?" I've already answered that; Ghirahim was able to detect Zelda's presence. Ganondorf is not, as Wind Waker shows.
And for TP, why would Zelda use the Sheik persona AGAIN to hide from Ganondorf? Common sense would dictate that using the same disguise on the same guy would be stupid. Unless of course, Ganondorf was an idiot, but clearly, not the case.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And yet Sheik is more likeable and recognized by Zelda & Smash fans, Impa on the other hand... Just gets **** on whenever people even bring her up.

@vicgur I did play Spirit Tracks, she definitely has more personality than most of the characters in the damn series.
Because Impa didn't get a refresh in her appearance and role until Skyward Sword.

And lol bringing Smash fans into the argument.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Diddy is wearing ****tard goggles. Doesn't realize how insane he sounds, and he actually thinks he makes sense.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I can say the same for you bringing other fighters to your posts, Kuma. :smirk:
And we are talking about Smash here, so why not.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can say the same for you bringing other fighters to your posts, Kuma. :smirk:
How dare you! /Juri

I don't think the weight of Smash fan opinions should be the same as that of people who are actually fans of the games the characters originate from. I was baffled that there was demand for Jeff and Poo when very few of those supporters have probably even played Earthbound. Then there's the whole female FE thing. We all know about that stupidity.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Actually , there are Smash players who are fans of other Nintendo games who like the actual character and not just their playstyle. People went ape**** when Mewtwo & Roy got the axe, then the whole clone issue with the PK kids, Ganon, Toon Link and the Starfox characters.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

OK. I think it is in the general interest of the public to campaign to get Diddy Kong banned. He is poison to this thread and is incapable of all logic and reasoning, which MIGHT be acceptable if he did not continue hammering the same invalid points that have to be continuously refuted (I mean, just the fact that he treats Sheik as a person from Zelda is baffling). However, every couple of pages they return. It is getting the the point that he is actively trolling. He knows exactly what he's doing and he just wants to start ****, which is easily grounds for a ban. Can we please push for this?

Also, Tingle=Girahim to me, although I would say Girahim is probably more likely.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Diddy gets upset because we "don't consider" his ideas, because "consider" in his head means "ACCEPT IT AS ABSOLUTE TRUTH." Everyone considered his idea and came to a DIFFERENT CONCLUSION. I don't know what more he wants. Well, we all know, but it's just dumb.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I wouldn't mind Impa in Smash 4 to a certain extent. But in no way shape or form in HELL should she replace Sheik.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I still say Impa > Queerahim though. This 'Fabulous' drag queen wasn't even the main villain.
Impa wasn't even the main heroine... *destroyed*

Even though I liked him for being so different, I'm really not expecting him at all.
Yeah, sounds like you like the 'Fabulous' drag queen Queerahim. o-o Mmhmm.

Ghirahim > Impa > Diddy Kong

..You make me cry womanly tears..

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Unless Ghirahim gets a game, let alone an entire series, of his own, Tingle >>>>>>> Ghirahim.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyone think the Aurum in Uprising felt more or less like an expy of the Subspace Army in Brawl? That's the vibe I'm getting from them. I kinda wouldn't mind if the Aurum came back in Smash 4. I would love a stage based on the Aurum chapters as well.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Unless Ghirahim gets a game, let alone an entire series, of his own, Tingle >>>>>>> Ghirahim.

I don't recall that being anywhere near Sakurai's criteria for character selection. o-o In fact, he wants unique characters that offer something different to the game.

Tingle is essentially a Zelda Toad. His move set even would be just as gimmicky and itemized.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You can like Ghirahim as much as people liked Midna, it will STILL, ALL DAY ERRYDAY BE

Tingle > Every other LoZ character not yet to debut in Smash.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ghirahim will, *spoiler alert* never show up in another LoZ game. Tingle shows up all the time. Unlike Impa, Tingle actually has gone far enough to replace Balloon Fighter, and be the first LoZ character to get his own spin-off game.

The care that is given to Tingle makes him more important. Tingle is more important than Ghirahim, I suppose. Ghirahim would be cool, for sure, but, he's nothing to the LoZ timeline. He doesn't, and won't, transcend history. Unlike Tingle, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Epona, and Impa.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
In fact, if Sakurai can say Toad isn't a fighter and thus not prioritize adding him, then Tingle gets it even further, for there are more games that show Toad in action scenarios than Tingle.

And he has that WTF character quality to him, which is fine, but it seems strange to include a WTF character in a big franchise, especially when there are legitimate options still left, no matter how not-so legitimate they may actually be. Especially when looking upon the two WTF characters we have now, ROB and Mr. G&W, they are two characters that represent something by themselves and that have no hope of getting any other possible additions in the same "franchise".

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I think Ghirahim's SS appearance held more water than every role that Tingle has played. I mean, there's no arguing that Tingle will likely continue to make minor appearances and is more prevalent in Zelda, but I disagree that he's more important. He's just that weird guy that everyone sees and goes, "Oh, there's Tingle."

I guess that means his chances are better, but I think he was his most significant (within Zelda) in MM.

Also, Sheik. People are fighting tooth and nail against Diddy over her, and she'll probably never appear again. I do know that Sheik = Zelda, but that doesn't change the fact that Zelda has appeared as Sheik only once. I think people were upset that Midna wasn't in Brawl, so they now think that Zelda one-offs are super-unlikely, but Sheik says otherwise. Zelda could've very easily appeared in Melee without Sheik, and should've according to the "No Zelda One-Off" Theory.

DISCLAIMER: I love Sheik, I'm jus' sayin'.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ghirahim will, *spoiler alert* never show up in another LoZ game.
Not sure how relevant that is, and I do not see how you can know this?

Tingle shows up all the time.
Again, not so sure how relevant this is.

Unlike Impa, Tingle actually has gone far enough to replace Balloon Fighter, and be the first LoZ character to get his own spin-off game.
Spin-Off games = irrelevant
Balloon Fighter replacement = irrelevant, and possibly more-so since Sakurai doesn't like the idea of Balloon Fighter

The care that is given to Tingle makes him more important. Tingle is more important than Ghirahim, I suppose. Ghirahim would be cool, for sure, but, he's nothing to the LoZ timeline. He doesn't, and won't, transcend history. Unlike Tingle, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Epona, and Impa.
I suppose you would think Fi would be important as well, considering she is the Master Sword. In this case, Ghirahim is only slightly less important because of his equivalent role, albeit less touched on, which makes it all the more mysterious and possible to be touched on later.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
He doesn't, and won't, transcend history. Unlike Tingle, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Epona, and Impa.
Hear that, dighfkddy? Sorry, my dog just jumped me. But in all seriousness, if SSB was based off attitude, then Tingle would never be in it. He is:
  • A child molestor
  • A rupee-collecting freak(that makes him rich, though.)
  • A middle-aged man who thinks he's a reincarnated fairy. And...
  • A RECURRING PLOTLINE CHARACTER!!!!!
Unless it's the main character, the main antagonist, or the princess, helper, horse, whatev, they don't deserve to repeat. Unless it's the Goomba or Octorock. :?:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Spin-Off games = irrelevant
Balloon Fighter replacement = irrelevant, and possibly more-so since Sakurai doesn't like the idea of Balloon Fighter
If he didn't like the idea of Balloon Fighter, then why he even try to put him in Melee? The reason Balloon Fighter didn't get into Melee was Sakurai couldn't think of a way to get the character to work if he lost his balloons.

Speaking of which, I GOT to back to working on my moveset for Balloon Fighter.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If he didn't like the idea of Balloon Fighter, then why he even try to put him in Melee? The reason Balloon Fighter didn't get into Melee was Sakurai couldn't think of a way to get the character to work if he lost his balloons.

That's exactly what I was referring too? XD

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well if he can't make the idea work for the game, that is the equivalent of not liking the idea of Balloon Fighter in the game. I mean, I wouldn't like a character that wouldn't work in my game. :p

But eh, no point in debating that really. Either way you word it, it still applies similarly.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

He didn't try to put Balloon Fighter in Melee. He made a passing joke about him when talking about the decision to include Ice Climbers.

Though, Tingle/Balloon Fighter would be pretty neat. No third jump, just a lot of FLAPPING. May seem tough for opponents to deal with, but all they have to do is pop his balloon(s) and he falls helplessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom