• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
1. Rosalina
2. Palutena
3. Medusa
4. Takamaru
5. Shiida
6. Genesect
7. Travis Touchdown
8. Megaman X
9. Little Mac
10. Mewtwo

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
1. Isaac
2. Saki
3. Paper Mario
4. Palutena
5. Kuh Rool
6. Lip
7. Ephirim or Eirika
8. Cubchoo/sawk/Timburr/lickitung/one of the hitmons/ one of the poli's
9. Dillon
10. Pittoo

Third parties:
1. White bomber
2. Black bomber
3. Max
4. Mujoe
5. Hige Hige bandit

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They see themselves in Travis, considering he is a Wapanese fanboy who is into anime, pro wrestling, and video games.

D

Deleted member

You know, an unlikely suggestion that I heard the other day, which I think would make an interesting fighter in terms of being a fighter is the T-Rex from Fossil Fighters.

I mean yeah the series has only been established after Smash and is still really young, but you can't deny that playing as a T-Rex wouldn't be awesome. :embarrass:
Seeing as I was a dinosaur nut back in my childhood, I would love to have T-Rex. :bee:

But how would he use items? He has a big head and little arms. I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through. :troll: (lolreferences)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Seeing as I was a dinosaur nut back in my childhood, I would love to have T-Rex. :bee:

But how would he use items? He has a big head and little arms. I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through. :troll: (lolreferences)
He would pick up most items with his mouth and swing them or throw them, though basting things like the ray gun or super scope he could hold in his teeny tiny little arms and it would be adorable and awesome at the same time. :embarrass:

D

Deleted member

He would pick up most items with his mouth and swing them or throw them, though basting things like the ray gun or super scope he could hold in his teeny tiny little arms and it would be adorable and awesome at the same time. :embarrass:
Well, I was overall making an obligatory Meet the Robinsons reference with the "Big head, little arms" bit, but that is pretty funny. :awesome:
If Nintendo can make Ivysaur work, they could make T-Rex, so I'm cool.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
They see themselves in Travis, considering he is a Wapanese fanboy who is into anime, pro wrestling, and video games.

AND HE GETS LAID BY HOT CHICKS! So yeah, it's just self-idealization.

1. K. Rool
2. Professor Layton
3. Starfy
4. Tom Nook
5. Ridley
6. Geno
7. Black Shadow
8. Dillon (I've managed to come to terms with his stupid name. RIP Jiro.)

That's about as far as it goes for me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Top 10?

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Krystal
MegaMan
Medusa
Kamek
Deoxys
Genesect
Ashley(need more spellcasters)
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's my personal Top 10!

1. King K Rool
2. Toad
3. Takamaru
4. Palutena
5. Medusa
6. Issac
7. Zoroark
8. Saki Amimiya
9. Shulk
10. Samurai Goroh

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's my top ten list (most wanted first)

01) Balloon Fighter
02) Little Mac
03) Mii
04) King K. Rool
05) Dixie Kong (No team-ups of any kind)
06) Magnus
07) Hammer Bro.
08) Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
09) Waluigi
10) Saki Amamiya

I also have #11-30 but I've already posted those twice here so find them yourself.

D

Deleted member

Eh, my Top 10? People tend to flame mine...

1. Shake King
2. Mewtwo
3. Dr. Mario
4. Shadow
5. Waluigi
6. Johto Trainer w/Chikorita, Quilava, and Feraligatr
7. Meta Ridley
8. Magnus
9. King K. Rool
10. Black Shadow

Granted, Not the most likely bunch, but still.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Samurai Goroh is so goddamned likeable

"Our motto: Steal, but never kill!"
Instead of "Show Me Yo' Moves!" Samurai Goroh would say "Your Moves Have Been Shown!" (awful grammar for the win!)

As for my Top Ten Most Wanted Characters:
10. Snake Pliskin (Escape from L.A. version)
9. Ultimate Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson version)
8. Rachel Dawes (Katie Holmes version from Batman Begins)
7. Gríma Wormtongue (that creepy guy from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)
6. Venom Suit Spider-man (Spider-man 3)
5. Emo/Sway Dance Moves Peter Parker (Spider-man 3)
4. Sam Witwicky (from Transformers)
3. Jabba the Hutt (dat up smash!)
2. The Spirit (movie version)
1. Jar Jar Binks

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Damn, pretty much all of these have lists Dixie and/or K. Rool on them.

Not that I'm complaining, of course :cool:

EWWWWW EMO PETER PARKER

The BB version of Rachel Dawes, too? Even SM3 Venom? LOL

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
  1. Mewtwo
  2. Crono
  3. Saki Amamiya
  4. King K. Rool
  5. Waddle Dee
  6. Slime
  7. Porky
  8. Dark Samus
  9. Mach Rider
  10. Palutena

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
1. Ridley
2. Dixie
3. Little Mc
4. Sukapon
5. Geno
6. Kamek
7. K Rool
8. Ray
9. Samurai Goroh
10. Bowser Jr

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
All right, I've returned after vanishing for no good reason. So, it looks like we're talking about our Top 10 picks.

1. Mewtwo (He's a necessity)
2. Ridley (Also a necessity)
3. K. Rool (Again, a necessity)
4. Megaman (If Snake and Sonic come back, I need him)
5. Bandanna Dee (Unlikely, but so be it)
6. Roy (I'd really like to see him back, but he has lower priority than the others)
7. Ghirahim (Beat me up if you must)
8. Victini/Zoroark/Genesect (I like all three options)
9. Bowser Jr. (I just like him, but not enough to be higher)
10. Palutena/Medusa/Magnus (I haven't played enough Uprising to find out which one I like most)

Others include Dixie, Little Mac, and Goroh or Black Shadow.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So... with less than 2 months to go until E3, and let's say we actually DO get some significant Smash news at E3... there's gonna be even more activity on here than usual. This forum already randomly 502's us from time to time, is this forum gonna be able to handle the increased amount of activity?

Just curious because I wasn't here pre-Brawl, obviously

Jakor

Smash Ace
1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Dixie Kong
4. Krystal
5. Tingle
6. Toad
7. Samurai Goroh
8. Tom Nook
9. Isaac
10. Mii

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
You are just jealous of his sway dance moves. ;) Also, he's still better than that new lame Spider-Twilight wanna be.

Also, I forgot the Rainbow Ring of Death from a Superman comic in the 50's! DANG IT! That rainbow ring is so straight! :laugh:

Edit: As for your last post, expect about 5,000 posts the day we get a trailer, 1,000 posts the day we get any real news or confirmations. ;)

If Mega Man is confirmed, expect Smash Boards to go down for 2-3 weeks, and a 5,000-10,000 daily post surge! :laugh:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I never got that. People show up during the peak of the hype of a trailer or bit of news, make two posts, and then leave forever. It just doesn't really make sense to me.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It happens. Often they want answers, or just to hype the crap up.

Also, there will be a lot of new members asking questions and stuff... kinda like all the n00bs that stop by every time a new fake roster is "revealed."

Edit: If you guys were here for Sonic, you would understand. The Boards crashed... and stayed hard to get on until a few weeks AFTER BRAWL CAME OUT! The only time I didn't have troubles getting on was Christmas Eve through the Day after New Year's Day! :laugh:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I missed all of that.

Although I can imagine the pain of having to put up with all of the noobs asking, "Is this real?" to a roster with Superman and Spongebob in it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
None of the Spider-Man movies were that good at all except for J. Jonah Jameson and uh... Doc Ock, I guess?

And Kirbunny, people used to do that all the time on the Mortal Kombat forums lol. Like John said, they're really only there just to get answers and whatnot

Oh god, don't mention Spongebob, please, y'all gonna make me rant again lol

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
1. Mewtwo
2. Ridley
3. Ghirahim (bite me)
4. Genesect
5. Roy
6. Bowser Jr.
7. Little Mac
8. Takamaru
9. Isaac
10. Krystal

Doc Ock was the only tolerable part of the movies. the green goblin looked like a power rangers reject. the sad thing is that the reboot isn't shaping up to be any better.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, I missed all of that.

Although I can imagine the pain of having to put up with all of the noobs asking, "Is this real?" to a roster with Superman and Spongebob in it.
The Spongebob and Superman stuff comes up in 1 of 50 n00bs, so it isn't that crazy. Darth Vader, thanks to Soul Calibur IV, comes up quite a lot more sadly. :urg:

Edit: The first 2 Spider-man movies were pretty good, even if the Green Goblin's outfit sucked and there were a lot of poor/fan service shots. :disco:

Regardless, I doubt the Spider-man reboot will be any good. If it's worse than Spider-man 3, I wouldn't be surprised. :laugh:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
And Kirbunny, people used to do that all the time on the Mortal Kombat forums lol. Like John said, they're really only there just to get answers and whatnot

Mhm. Yeah, I see all the reasoning behind it. I guess I'm just a little to used to Smashboards being a pretty cool place that it seems odd to me that someone would only stick around for a few minutes.

And I must have missed something in my short absence.

The Spongebob and Superman stuff comes up in 1 of 50 n00bs, so it isn't that crazy. Darth Vader, thanks to Soul Calibur IV, comes up quite a lot more sadly. :urg:
Good grief...

I kinda liked the Green Goblin's costume from a standpoint of just looking at it and thinking, "Hm, that's cool." It didn't suit Gobby at all, though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't worry, maybe 3 in 100 people will bring up something Star Wars or Lord of the Rings-character related. While there are way too many 3rd party character requests (some people request literally only 3rd party characters), at least most of them have a shot (minus stuff like Cloud and Squall, who sadly get brought up a lot).

Also, expect a lot of annoying fans of characters like Geno (that's coming from a Geno lover), Groose (it will return, but much smaller with kids who don't realize the joke is over), and Waluigi (if you though Golden was the worst of it, you need to lower your expectations; lmao that Golden just arrive!). :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The MINUTE, no, the SECOND the director said the reboot would be a more "gritty re-imagining" of Spider-Man, I became disinterested. I'm tired of all these filmmakers thinking that just because BB and TDK were good at being "gritty" and "dark", that EVERY movie can be like that

But then again, I'm getting REALLY burnt out on all these goddamned comic book superhero movies. Other than the Iron Man movies, the first couple of X-Men movies, Watchmen and Nolan's Batman movies, I don't think I've enjoyed ANY superhero movie that I've seen. **** that noise, just give me a good suspense thriller or a good comedy and I's be aight

/rant

Oh, and Daffy Duck for Smash, *****es

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
None of the Spider-Man movies were that good at all except for J. Jonah Jameson and uh... Doc Ock, I guess?

The 2nd movie was pretty good and like you said Jameson was really funny. I was extra excited when I found out he'd be doing the voice of Jameson in the ultimate spiderman cartoon even if the cartoon is a bit of a let down. I would've much preferred season 2 of spectacular spiderman but I digress.

Im pretty hyped for the new spiderman for a few reasons- the lizard finally gets some attention, Parker is in highschool like he was supposed to be, Emma stone.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For some reason, it looks like people think we don't like Ghirahim here.

It's just M&S Guy who doesn't like him.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, maybe 3 in 100 people will bring up something Star Wars or Lord of the Rings-character related. While there are way too many 3rd party character requests (some people request literally only 3rd party characters), at least most of them have a shot (minus stuff like Cloud and Squall, who sadly get brought up a lot).

Also, expect a lot of annoying fans of characters like Geno (that's coming from a Geno lover), Groose (it will return, but much smaller with kids who don't realize the joke is over), and Waluigi (if you though Golden was the worst of it, you need to lower your expectations; lmao that Golden just arrive!). :awesome:
Is it weird that I'm terrified of yet slightly excited for when this time comes? I think it could be kind of funny, in a horrible sort of way.

GUYS

what about bugs bunny and captain crunch wouldnt they be awesome charicters
No, man. We need the Trix Rabbit and the Roadrunner.

For some reason, it looks like people think we don't like Ghirahim here.

It's just M&S Guy who doesn't like him.
Whew. That's a relief.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
GUYS

what about bugs bunny and captain crunch wouldnt they be awesome charicters
Yo Captain Blackbeard, Captain Red Beard, and Captain Jack Sparrow, I'm really happy for you, and I'ma gonna let you finish, but Captain Crunch is the most deadly pirate of all-time! All that sugar has killed so many smash hoes, it is MADDENING! :awesome:
The MINUTE, no, the SECOND the director said the reboot would be a more "gritty re-imagining" of Spider-Man, I became disinterested. I'm tired of all these filmmakers thinking that just because BB and TDK were good at being "gritty" and "dark", that EVERY movie can be like that

But then again, I'm getting REALLY burnt out on all these goddamned comic book superhero movies. Other than the Iron Man movies, the first couple of X-Men movies, Watchmen and Nolan's Batman movies, I don't think I've enjoyed ANY superhero movie that I've seen

/rant
The first two Superman movies were good. Batman and Batman Returns were good. X-Men 1, 2, and First Class were pretty good. Also, Nolan's reboot of Superman will RAWK!

Edit: @ Kirby
Letting the n00bs down and informing them of what is realistic to expect is fun. Also, messing with their heads! :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Johnny Bravo and Ed, Edd n Eddy for Smash

Their logo can even be the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays symbol (or the old Cartoon Network logo)

@Sage of Ice- I would say so, unfortunately. Well, as a playable character, at least, it's possible he can be even an Adventure Mode boss, maybe? I would like to see him in too, after all, he did inspire the most the most badass Pokemon in history :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom