• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
is it unrealistic to hope for giygas as a playable character? right now i have him filed under "pipe dreams" next to galacta knight and agumon, but i'm just curious.
Yeah it's a pipe dream much like those characters, Andross, Geno, Conker, Joanna Dark, and Banjo. :(

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
i put together a list of bosses i'd like to see in the next smash, but this was years ago. among others, it included regigigas, dino piranha, gohma, the man-at-legs (a pikmin boss), and the helmaroc king. if i were to do a list now... i'd have to think about it. but i still like the idea of man-at-legs. if genesect made it as playable, there could be some laser-blasting robo-deathbug showdown.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Johnny Bravo and Ed, Edd n Eddy for Smash

Their logo can even be the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays symbol (or the old Cartoon Network logo)
For Johnny Bravo, they could just port his moveset from Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL (after all, PTE is the biggest and best Super Smash Bros. clone out there.:awesome:)

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
i put together a list of bosses i'd like to see in the next smash, but this was years ago. among others, it included regigigas, dino piranha, gohma, the man-at-legs (a pikmin boss), and the helmaroc king. if i were to do a list now... i'd have to think about it. but i still like the idea of man-at-legs. if genesect made it as playable, there could be some laser-blasting robo-deathbug showdown.
I'm for all of those, although I have no idea who or what the man-at-legs is.

I'd like to see Zero Two from Kirby 64 as a boss. I'd also prefer it if Bowser got a new Final Smash and Giga Bowser became a boss again.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Agumon? Ain't that off of Digimon? Agumon vs Pikachu would be cool to see.

I never watched much of Digimon, but the theme song is so boss

DIGIMON
DIGITAL MONSTERS
DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Add third party bosses to go with playable third party characters.

That it is all.
Robotnik/Eggman (I can never remember what this forum likes to call him) for Sonic, Wily for Megaman, and Psycho Mantis for Snake? (I don't know many MGS bosses. That's the only one that came to mind.)

Agumon? Ain't that off of Digimon? Agumon vs Pikachu would be cool to see.

I never watched much of Digimon, but the theme song is so boss

DIGIMON
DIGITAL MONSTERS
DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS
That would be. For his Final Smash he could Warp Digivolve into Wargreymon or Warp DNA Digivolve into Omnimon. Ah...the possibilities...

The theme song was really great. I think I like the Japanese theme (Butterfly) more, though.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
kirbunny: this futhermucker

is man-at-legs. i remember losing so many pikmin to him because his giant crotch laser incinerated them all.

wario bros: i approve.

Modus Operandi: yessir, that's the one. what are the odds of them getting the soundtrack from the movie as songs for a digimon stage? that would be brain-punchingly awesome.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Etemon is the true face of Digimon.

Plus, Digivolving into MetalEtemon, then becoming Sukamon for a short time afterward would be much better than Agumon to WarGreymon and back down to Koromon.

D

Deleted member

Don't worry, maybe 3 in 100 people will bring up something Star Wars or Lord of the Rings-character related. While there are way too many 3rd party character requests (some people request literally only 3rd party characters), at least most of them have a shot (minus stuff like Cloud and Squall, who sadly get brought up a lot).

Also, expect a lot of annoying fans of characters like Geno (that's coming from a Geno lover), Groose (it will return, but much smaller with kids who don't realize the joke is over), and Waluigi (if you though Golden was the worst of it, you need to lower your expectations; lmao that Golden just arrive!). :awesome:
Are you seriously trying to pick a fight? :glare:
If anything, the haters can be just as bad as the fans. While I am honestly better than both groups. Like how I'm one of the only sane Shadow fans, I'm one of the only sane Waluigi fans.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Define "sane" =P

@metal
YOU'RE DOIN IT WRONG

We look to the past, As we head to the future
To reclaim the digital workd.
With trust in ourselves and faith in each other
We live by the lessons we learn.
:phone:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
kirbunny: this futhermucker

is man-at-legs. i remember losing so many pikmin to him because his giant crotch laser incinerated them all.
That's...really cool.
Why are crotch lasers always so deadly in video games? If you're a villain and you put a crotch laser on something, you're basically pressing an easy button.

@metal
YOU'RE DOIN IT WRONG

We look to the past, As we head to the future
To reclaim the digital workd.
With trust in ourselves and faith in each other
We live by the lessons we learn.
*faints*
WHY ISN'T THERE A FULL VERSION OF THAT SONG?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Are you seriously trying to pick a fight? :glare:
If anything, the haters can be just as bad as the fans. While I am honestly better than both groups. Like how I'm one of the only sane Shadow fans, I'm one of the only sane Waluigi fans.
No, I'm not picking on you. 'Twas a joke because you aren't a bad or annoying Waluigi fan at all (or Shadow for that matter). I can't believe you didn't know that. :embarrass:

Edit: Consider it a very nice compliment Golden. ;)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@disfunk- I'm not well versed in the art of Digimon lol that's the only one I know

Although I could talk to you about Pokemon anime songs all day

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
1. Krystal
2. Dixie Kong
3. Samurai Goroh
4. Genesect
5. Zoroark
6. Tingle
7. Captain Syrup
8. Palutena
9. Medusa
10. Junior

1. Geno
2. Jill Valentine
3. Nightmare
4. Banjo & Kazooie

Well, you said most wanted.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Kirbunny knows what's up. I dunno why they haven't released a full version. I'd dish out $1.29 for it.

OK METAL- " oh Jenny, if lovin you's a crime; then sentence me now and I'll do the time..." finish it.

This post is related because we need more pikachu jukebox music in ssb4

Some of these lists surprise me like I thought meowth would be arc's #1 and I thought Rosalina would be higher up on MSG's list and I knew for sure ghirahim would be on there somewhere. Equal sign capital pee

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My top 10 most wanted...

1: King K. Rool
2: Bowser Jr.
3: Ridley
4: Zoroark
5: Dixie Kong
6: Black Shadow
7: Samurai Goroh
8: Palutena
9: Rosalina
10: Leon Powalski

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
So realistically speaking, how likely do any of us think we could get at the very least a short CGI teaser introducing a few new concepts and characters at this E3? I want to say yes so badly, but I honestly think we won't be seeing any actual footage until a following expo.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That was the Melee trailer, actually.

It could be done. But it's kind of up to how Sakurai feels about churning one out in the amount of time given.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@disfunk- OH SNAP

My uniform beauty is simply the best
She got my heart under heart arrest
But before that cop names me her boy...
I'm head over heels (he's head over heels) I'm head over heels for a nurse named Joy :cool:

[COLLAPSE="Ooooh!"]
[/COLLAPSE]

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I made a topic in SSB4 Wii U board at GameFAQS where I write my own-made banters for if SSB4's Adventure Mode went "Uprising"-style...

I dunno what to expect at E3 regarding SSB4. My gut feeling tells we might not actually get anything... though I wish we would.
Though I dunno what it would be like.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Right now I just hope we actually GET some real news for Smash at E3. You know, like the name or some actual details or whatever. Sure, it wouldn't take too long to slap together a CG teaser or something, but eh

But hey, the Wii U is at least gonna be reintroduced again, so maybe some actual GAMES for the Wii U (like a new Mario game or Metroid) other than Smash'll be revealed at E3, too. And maybe Title Fight/Sony Smash Bros'll be revealed at E3, too

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
[COLLAPSE="For realZs, not including Melee cut characters, playable characters in Brawl, or any Pokémon (because I'm awesome like that), my most wanted newcomers are:"]25.
Krystal (AKA MIND GAMES SUNNN!!!)
*click here for an unrelated song from the same series theme*
Toad
*click here for the theme*
Dr. Eggman
Bowser Jr.
click here for the theme
21. (this is my unlucky number!)
The Mach Rider
Click here for the theme
Saki
*click here for an awesome song from said series*
Sukapon
*click here for the theme from said game*
Takamaru
*click here for a speed run of said game* (the final level theme is totally awesome)
Felix
*click here for said character's battle theme
Tails
*click here for a remix of a stage from said character's first game*
Wart
*click here for said character's battle theme*
Starfy
*click here for a song from said series
Bomberman
*click here for the said character's theme, as well as a theme from said franchise*
Samurai Goroh
*click here for a theme of said character*
The Balloon Fighter
*click here for said character's main theme, as well as the theme of said game and franchise*
Geno
*click here for a said theme from the game said character appears in*
Pac-Man
*click here for said character's theme and the theme of said character's debut game*
8. (my personal lucky number!)
Knuckles
*click here for an epic remix from said character's debut game*
7. (lucky number SEVEN!)
Little Mac
*click here for a song from said series*
Paper Mario (aka the Great Gonzalez)
*click here for an awesome battle music from said franchise*
Issac
*click here for the battle theme of said character*
3. (tie)
Dixie Kong
3. (tie)
King K. Rool
*click here for the first theme, click here for the 2nd theme, click here for the 3rd theme, and click here for the 4th theme*
Ridley
*click here for the awesome theme*
MEGA MANNN!!!
*clear here for the ultra awesome theme*[/COLLAPSE]
*is subject to change* (I change past the tied #3 spot A LOT!) :cool:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Falchion: Not at the moment, since I'm using a 3DS, but do google for "SSB4 Wii U Gamefaqs boards" and click a link which leads to the message board. My topics are under name "Kaabisteru"

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So realistically speaking, how likely do any of us think we could get at the very least a short CGI teaser introducing a few new concepts and characters at this E3? I want to say yes so badly, but I honestly think we won't be seeing any actual footage until a following expo.
We will see something prior to 2013, but I wouldn't bet on E3.

I like how Ridley and Sheik got the most hype. I'm telling you, the unexpected characters are going to give as much hype as the fan favorites.

What I mean is, Ghirahim is going to get around as much applause as Ridley.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hopefully there are some good launch titles, like Pikmin 3 for example, announced at E3. I would consider getting Title Fight if they have Sackboy in their roster and unique gameplay.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay listen up for a quick second.

If you had to make a roster you wanted to bet money on, make it now and post it here. I'll gather all the post and keep it for later references.

People in the two backrooms already know about this. Hey you might win a prize if you get it right when the whole roster is announced. (Sorry for throwing you guys out there by I feel we will probably keep up with it the most) If you have changes to your Bet Roster just contact me, trihypen, or Star and we'll make sure your change is made.

Haha have fun with this

***** TOISE'S SUPER MONEY LEAGUE *****

Posting:
- Post your roster in whatever format you prefer, but please try to keep it simple and easy to read. Images are acceptable (I recommend using Susan's Image Thread), but be aware of individual differences between similar characters (such as Mega Man vs. X; see below). Avoid flashy projects and huge images, get to the point.
- You may write "Everyone from Brawl" in your roster, then list any cut characters. Former Melee characters and all newcomers must be written individually.
- You may edit your roster at any point prior to (but not including) 3:00 AM EST on May 5th, 2012, the exact moment when Japan and Mexico are in perfect alignment. Any posts or edits announced after this point will be ignored. Attempting to edit rosters after the deadline will result in disqualification.
- Rosters must be posted in this thread to become eligible. You may post other people's rosters, including rosters from people who don't have access to this community. Only one roster per person. Rosters may be disqualified at the community's discretion.
- All rosters are considered universal between both platforms. In the event of version-exclusive rosters, both rosters will be merged and the new roster shall be used.
- In the event of major catastrophe, don't worry about video games.

Scoring:
- A "listed" character is a character whom appears on the user's personal roster.
- An "announced" character is an officially playable character.
- For every listed character that is announced, the user gains one point.
- For every listed character that is NOT announced, the user loses two points.
- For every UNLISTED character that is announced, the user loses one point.
- Characters included as part of movesets, stage elements, assist trophies, Pokeballs, Adventure Mode enemies, bosses, etc. will not affect scoring.
- Characters appearing as alternate costumes and palette swaps will not affect scoring.
- The series a character is associated with will not affect scoring.
- Scores will not be finalized until the full roster is determined. Current scores may be kept as soon as the game is officially revealed (as Brawl was during E3 2006).
- Characters listed as downloadable content will be counted as regular characters. Any characters revealed to be downloadable content will not affect scoring.

Individual:
- The following characters will be counted individually, regardless of implementation (this list may be expanded as needed):
Mario, Dr. Mario, Paper Mario, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik, Impa, Ganondorf, Ganon, Link, Wolf Link, Fierce Diety Link, Young Link, Toon Link, Pikachu, Pichu, Pokemon Trainer and any variations, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, any Pokemon accompanied by a Trainer, Mega Man and his countless variations
- The following characters will be counted as a single unit (this list may be expanded as needed):
Ice Climbers, Plusle and Minun, Wolf Link and Midna
- A change in a character's design (as with Zelda, Fox, Marth, etc.) will not affect scoring unless they are a separate character.
- A major change in a character's moveset (as with Ganondorf) will not affect scoring unless they are a separate character.
- Random boxes will not affect scoring.
- The entire Brawl roster, if announced, is worth 40 points.

Prizes:
- First place: one Wii U title of average MSRP value (including shipping) or item of equal/lesser value
- Second place: TBD
- Third place: TBD
- Don't complain chief, entry is free.
- Winners are required to contact Toise in order to redeem prizes. Winners outside of the United States may encounter difficulty in regards to shipping and billing, and may be unable to redeem digital prizes from Nintendo's stores.

Other:
- The rules may be discussed and changed at the discretion of the community.
- Submitted rosters will be maintained in either this thread or some site to be determined later.
For those interested in Toise's thoughts

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Right now I just hope we actually GET some real news for Smash at E3. You know, like the name or some actual details or whatever. Sure, it wouldn't take too long to slap together a CG teaser or something, but eh

But hey, the Wii U is at least gonna be reintroduced again, so maybe some actual GAMES for the Wii U (like a new Mario game or Metroid) other than Smash'll be revealed at E3, too. And maybe Title Fight/Sony Smash Bros'll be revealed at E3, too
It would be surprising if something like that does happen this year.

Regarding the Wii U, it seems that people still hate the new controller. Maybe the next update may adjust the controller's appearance.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@disfunk- OH SNAP

My uniform beauty is simply the best
She got my heart under heart arrest
But before that cop names me her boy...
I'm head over heels (he's head over heels) I'm head over heels for a nurse named Joy :cool:

[COLLAPSE="Ooooh!"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Lol wasn't really expecting you to know it. I was bumpin it on my iPod earlier.

@star
Do we know how far melee was in development.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think Star's point is, it didn't need resources if it already had a solid foundation and was somewhat in playable stages of development.

This game is well...has it been a month yet since development started? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom