• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
At E3:

Confirmation that the game is in development and that it'll be a while till the game comes out
Maybe the name revealed and some details to whet our appetites

If we get that, I'll be hyped. But I just wanna know about the Wii U's pricing and online features

@Iblis- Probably because of my captalization of those three letters LO- nvm

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
It makes a difference because Sakurai has probably not even made up his mind on who he wants to add, let alone begun the process of obtaining licenses from the various subsidiaries within Nintendo.

Nah, Nintendo usually saves big reveals for their Fall summit.
Wasn't Brawls roster decided within the first or 2nd month of development? I don't think this would be an issue at all.

Fighting games usually have their rosters decided pretty early.

@ Johnknight - Mario? Joke or not he had his major installment and countless spin offs during the 64 era. Samus was completely dead except for first Smash Bros. Besides no one knew back then how well she would be received after actually playing with her.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At E3:

Confirmation that the game is in development and that it'll be a while till the game comes out
Maybe the name revealed and some details to whet our appetites

If we get that, I'll be hyped. But I just wanna know about the Wii U's pricing and online features
Yeah that would be pretty hype worthy.

Also, I got a feeling the Wii U is gonna cost at least $300, seeing as how that controller looks expensive. If it costs more than $400 I would be surprised! :laugh:

@ Romance
Fair point I guess. Regardless, Prime and Fusion were excellent games, and worth the wait! :bee:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It probably doesn't take too long to DECIDE on the roster, but the legal issues could present a problem. Maybe.

Obviously it's one of the first things that gets done considering the game is built around the characters.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Looking at it, the analog stick placing is awkward in tagent with the other button placing, specifically the face buttons. I rather the face buttons be above the right analog stick, I mean the PlayStation controllers are like that, the Xbox controllers are like that, Nintendo controllers until this have been like that. It's an awkward transition, and not to mention where does the stylus come into play with everything else that is going on. I still have to feel the controller for myself to see if it actually is comfortable you know.

@John: No the Wii U controller. If we were to be speaking of the GCC my only changes would be to remove the obnoxious springs in the trigger buttons that cause input delay. I don't fine much problems with the control pad but then again I don't use it that's probably why XD, it could use a second z button i guess. Anything else doesn't really matter to me.

@Metal: Don't get me wrong, I'm just being nitpicky on the gameplay experience, I'm sure its other functionalities will be fine. I hope.
Xbox has one above the buttons and one below. The way I see it Nintendo wanted to be nintendo and do what hasn't been done and do both above the buttons. It's kinda funny how all the companies have different set ups.

@star
Wasn't melee in development for ~13 months? Melee came out Novemberish, that means it was about 7 months in development? Either way that's much longer than sakurai had now.
:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It probably doesn't take too long to DECIDE on the roster, but the legal issues could present a problem. Maybe.

Obviously it's one of the first things that gets done considering the game is built around the characters.
I also got a feeling Sakurai will put out another poll, whether public, private, or done in secret with a sample audience. :smirk:

Also, it is two games, so it takes away. Brawl's roster wasn't completed (Sonic aside) according to Sakurai until a bit after that Brawl poll. :bee:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
yeah, Metroid was an oddball. after poor sales in japan and yokoi's death, Nintendo didn't relly know what to do. then one day Miyamoto just said "let's have someone in the US make it since it's more popular there" and the Prime series was born.:bee:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I mean, I figure it takes him a couple weeks to FIGURE OUT THE ROSTER, the legal stuff probably takes forever, and it defnitely can change his roster vision. (Has in the past)

So the roster isn't FINALIZED until the legal mumbo jumbo is out of the way, I'm sure.

Brawl's poll means a lot this time around. Ridely, Goroh, Krystal, all had a lot of votes in there I'm sure.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Iblis- Probably because of my captalization of those three letters LO- nvm
Crackbaby.

Xbox has one above the buttons and one below. The way I see it Nintendo wanted to be nintendo and do what hasn't been done and do both above the buttons. It's kinda funny how all the companies have different set ups.

Wait, they do?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Plus there is always optional late add-on characters or characters that are pending (as shortie just noted) that need to be considered.

Oh, and how long each should be expected to have their frames completed, their move set concept finished, and balanced.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah the Wii U'll probably cost around $300. I wonder if it'll have some good launch games, it better after what happened with the 3DS. I remember when I first got my GameCube in 2003; it came with Super Mario Sunshine :love:

@Iblis- Stank hoe :glare:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Man, I wonder how huge the roster will be this time?

And will it be just be expanding the existing franchises /incase Sakurai thinks the less-than mainstream franchises must stay in the sideline/ or actually introduce a lot of new franchises ala playable reps?

(-'^'-)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
IF IT DOESN'T SELL OVER 1,000,000 COPIES IT'S NOT GETTING A SEQUEL

haha

EDIT: Dis, tsk, tsk, tsk, you tried to call me a noob. hahaha :p

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Plus there is always optional late add-on characters or characters that are pending (as shortie just noted) that need to be considered.

Oh, and how long each should be expected to have their frames completed, their move set concept finished, and balanced.
This is why rosters are decided very early in development because these things can take a long time. Melee had many last minute inclusions but each one of them was a clone that is hardly building from the ground up a brand new character. You're speaking as if they tweak the characters and balance them first, then move on with the rest of the game. That tweaking and balancing lasts up until the last minute.

Sonic is the only known late character.

I don't expect any type of video, but it isn't at all impossible for a CGI teaser, 15-30 seconds long showing a few new concepts and a couple of new characters. That has absolutely nothing to do with the final roster or actual production of what we will be playing.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So yeah, the roster doesn't even need to be finalized for there to be a trailer. Just a few characters Sakurai KNOWS he wants in the game.

Don't know a thing about legal stuff though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is why rosters are decided very early in development because these things can take a long time. Melee had many last minute inclusions but each one of them was a clone that is hardly building from the ground up a brand new character. You're speaking as if they tweak the characters and balance them first, then move on with the rest of the game. That tweaking and balancing lasts up until the last minute.
Oh no, I was listing several of the things that must be done with each cahracter in no particular order.
Sonic is the only known late character.
*coughMeleeclonescough*
I don't expect any type of video, but it isn't at all impossible for a CGI teaser, 15-30 seconds long showing a few new concepts and a couple of new characters. That has absolutely nothing to do with the final roster or actual production of what we will be playing.
I dunno about 30 seconds. I think 20 seconds is the best we can hope for.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Iblis- You know what? I'm tired of this. BATTLE

Donald Duck, Goofy Mickey Mouse
IMMA PAUNCH YA IN YA ****ING MOUF
I'm a Care Bear *****
You was NEVER there, *****!
I was on da block, playin' with toys and EATIN' CANDY THERE, *****

Please tell me you remember that video lol

I don't expect a trailer anymore, honestly

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I had a thought a while ago about how the trailer could play out. It's not a refined idea, as it's pretty vague. It's just my ideal trailer. Just insert certain newcomers that you'd like to see.

It opens with the standard four: Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu, much like the Brawl trailer. They begin to fight. Sonic and Snake show up at some point and join in to confirm that they're coming back. During the fight, newcomers continually reveal themselves. Perhaps a couple more veterans appear as well. (Like DK or Samus if K. Rool, Dixie, or Ridley get revealed.) The fight grows in intensity until Megaman appears out of nowhere. Everyone is taken by surprise, and he systematically eliminates each and every one of them. Fade to black. Logo and name appear on screen, possibly with a release date.

Fade back in to reveal the battlefield after the brawl is over. Two pairs of feet are seen treading along, eventually stopping. The camera slowly pans up to reveal the faces of Mewtwo and Roy, just to assure us that they're back. Abrupt finish.

I don't know how that actually sounds. I started to dislike it halfway through, but there was no way I was just going to delete it and waste that much typing. Anyway, let me know what you think. Note that this isn't the greatest example of my writing skills, as I wrote it in three minutes. I typically do a lot better.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Whatever ***** :rolleyes:

Peace anyway

Kirbunny, that's awesome! 'Specially the last few parts. I always thought that if there was a trailer confirming Snake's return that he should start off hiding in his box and then when one of the fighters sees the box and lifts it up, he would be "accidentally revealed to return" by someone blowing his cover haha

D

Deleted member

No, I'm not picking on you. 'Twas a joke because you aren't a bad or annoying Waluigi fan at all (or Shadow for that matter). I can't believe you didn't know that. :embarrass:

Edit: Consider it a very nice compliment Golden. ;)
Oh, sorry. :embarrass:

I guess I was reading it the wrong way, as it came off to me that you were saying I am a crazy Waluigi fan, though there are worse than me.

Again, I apologize for taking it the wrong way.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, sorry. :embarrass:

I guess I was reading it the wrong way, as it came off to me that you were saying I am a crazy Waluigi fan, though there are worse than me.

Again, I apologize for taking it the wrong way.
Shaddup with your apologizing and start annoying people like a "normal" Waluigi fan. :p :troll: ;)

@ Kirby
Where do I leave my moneys=???

Still, I wouldn't expect anything except one B-tier newcomer and a few veterans.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, Metal! :) I like that idea for Snake's entrance.

John, you can give your money to me. I'll make sure it gets to Nintendo one way or another. ;)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Awesome. Looks like Oil Ocean dried up. lol

It's also nice to see there'll be lock-on style content like Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Nice to also see a shoutout to Stardust Speedway.

SSBF is fine. He contracted me a while back when he transfered the power of the backroom over to me. I invited him back for E3, and if you look at his profile it says that he has infact been checking in everyonce in a while.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
y.toonlink messages me from time to time.

Omega... I saw a post of his on another site recently. I won't say where! :smirk:

As for SSBF, he rage left, so that no count... although we would like to have his butt back here so we can spam our Zoroark support! :awesome:

@ Kirby
Okay. Instead of a pyramid scheme this is a straight scheme! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom