• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's sad, I've been looking at gameplay videos for Custom Robo. The series might have done well in America if it had hopped shores. Not sure why it never did. During the 90's robot fighting games were all the rage. I would constantly load my Playstation just so I could play this one Gundam game. Had Nintendo released the original 64 titles I am sure the series wouldnt be in stasis right now.

Shame, here is hoping for a stage.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, Custom Robo was WAYYYY LAAATEEE to the robot game party.

Another game that never caught wind despite being pretty good was (Rare's) Jet Force Gemini back on the N64. That game was great. :cool:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Huh, I just found an obscure Nintendo game I have never, ever heard about before. Basically it is A Link to the Past meets Earthbound. It was actually Eiji Aonuma's first game, Miyamoto was so impressed that he got Aonuma to help work on Ocarina of Time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I miss Super Smash Bros. Fan, too...

Oh, and ya'lls ugly for liking Zorodork instead of Victini.

I ride away. My Victinis need me, now.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Huh, I just found an obscure Nintendo game I have never, ever heard about before. Basically it is A Link to the Past meets Earthbound. It was actually Eiji Aonuma's first game, Miyamoto was so impressed that he got Aonuma to help work on Ocarina of Time.
Marvelous something or other?

Dion, Max, and Jack confirmed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, considering how Phosty left in a fit of rage and dissed everyone here...I doubt it xD

I miss Hex, as well. He should come back; he had great ideas!
I've never heard of this Phosty guy.

Must be because I work a lot

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Marvelous something or other?

Dion, Max, and Jack confirmed.
Yeah, Marvelous. It was interesting to look at. Sad it never was released, looks like a game I probably would have played as a child. Has that "Secret of Evermore" feel.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've never heard of this Phosty guy.

Must be because I work a lot
PhostyPotholes, or some similar spelling, was the guy with the Tingle avatar from like November. From what I remember.

That Marvelous game...never heard of it. That's rare for me.

D

Deleted member

@John: Lolk. How do I be an annoying Waluigi fan?

Anways, Meta Ridleh Tiem.
Seriously, why is it people want plain ol' Ridley instead of this sexy beast?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMeQp-4hYk&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBGpna9WC4&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPUE2HAA2jQ&

I mean, it's still Ridley, just as an even more badass cyborg, and has more things up his disposal taken right from Metroid Prime 1. (Kinetic Breath Weapon, Ultrathermal Flamestrike Projector, Meson Bomb Launcher, and Multi-Missile System).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@John: Lolk. How do I be an annoying Waluigi fan?

Anways, Meta Ridleh Tiem.
Seriously, why is it people want plain ol' Ridley instead of this sexy beast?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMeQp-4hYk&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBGpna9WC4&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPUE2HAA2jQ&

I mean, it's still Ridley, just as an even more badass cyborg, and has more things up his disposal taken right from Metroid Prime 1. (Kinetic Breath Weapon, Ultrathermal Flamestrike Projector, Meson Bomb Launcher, and Multi-Missile System).
Maybe because regular Ridley has been in more games, and was in the BEST game in the series

D

Deleted member

Maybe because regular Ridley has been in more games, and was in the BEST game in the series
Again, Meta Ridley is still Ridley.
Does that mean we should've had blue pig Ganon instead of Ganondorf because that form has been in more games? (Even to this day.)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lucas must not have made a good enough impact with north american audiences, because Mother 3 STILL hasn't been imported...

I don't have my "translated version" anymore

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lucas must not have made a good enough impact with north american audiences, because Mother 3 STILL hasn't been imported...

I don't have my "translated version" anymore
I'm baffled as to how Nintendo has yet to say anything regarding so much as a Nintendo E-Shop exclusive.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Just an odd thought here, but I think one of the best early announcements Sakurai could make is that all Brawl characters will return. I mean, newcomer reveal trailers are nice, but just knowing that nobody's getting cut would also make me happy, and oddly hyped.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just an odd thought here, but I think one of the best early announcements Sakurai could make is that all Brawl characters will return. I mean, newcomer reveal trailers are nice, but just knowing that nobody's getting cut would also make me happy, and oddly hyped.
No, he has to torture us.

Like how everyone thought Captain Falcon was cut until a day or so before the game was released

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Where is the fun in that?

I wanna be in the suspense and find out who are coming back, who aren't coming back, who are joining, and who aren't joining.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd only be happy if all Brawl and Melee characters return. Otherwise, the announcements isn't worth it.

There's Brawl choices I'd rather see traded out for newer characters. The Wii U isn't going to be THAT spacious as we thought, so... some cuts/replacements are fine. Ike for a new FE character. Toon Link for Young Link, Lucario for a 5th Gen, Pokemon Trainer for a 3rd Gen, and that's really about it for reasonable replacements.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'd only be happy if all Brawl and Melee characters return. Otherwise, the announcements isn't worth it.

There's Brawl choices I'd rather see traded out for newer characters. The Wii U isn't going to be THAT spacious as we thought, so... some cuts/replacements are fine. Ike for a new FE character. Toon Link for Young Link, Lucario for a 5th Gen, Pokemon Trainer for a 3rd Gen, and that's really about it for reasonable replacements.
Sakurai is going to have more space than he could need. A 60 character roster would mean nothing as far as space is concerned.

I'm not sure how much you thought the Wii U would hold but 25 GB is 3 times what the Wii discs held, and that was after they were duel layered. So no worries at all.

http://kotaku.com/5809701/wii-u-discs-will-be-25gb-in-size

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai is going to have more space than he could need. A 60 character roster would mean nothing as far as space is concerned.

I'm not sure how much you thought the Wii U would hold but 25 GB is 3 times what the Wii discs held, and that was after they were duel layered. So no worries at all.

http://kotaku.com/5809701/wii-u-discs-will-be-25gb-in-size
Kotaku isn't an official source. Unless Nintendo outright says it, take what they say with a grain of salt, just like any other news. Other news sites says only one controller TOTAL will work. That means one Wii U or Wii controller. No others.

So no, I don't take that as fact.

I also don't believe he'll have space for everyone. 60 characters doesn't get enough new characters in, as he'd want to finish the Brawl forbidden 7. That's 46 characters. 14 new ones is bleh. And if we include all Melee characters, that's 48. 12 new guys?

Yeah, we're going beyond that already. 70 is a reasonable roster if we want returns. Otherwise, don't expect all your favorites back. While it does make sense he'd lesson the amount of new guys, it would be silly to do so. Brawl had exactly 13 newcomers. 12 is entirely possible, but it was planned to have 20 newcomers.

I'm sure the plan'll be atleast 25 minimum. But as seen, newcomers are considered more important than one-time veterans. Cuts may happen. Not saying to expect them, but don't think he won't do it for a second. He cuts two characters in total from Melee, not counting the NPC's with the Fighting Wire Frames.

Here's some data;

Melee cut exactly 12 total characters.(the Polygons) Technically, Metal Mario and Giant Donkey Kong were also cut. They're the same slot as the original, just turned Metal and Giant.

Brawl cut exactly 4 characters. Pikachu, Young Link, Male Wire Frame, Female Wire Frame. The other Forbidden 7 didn't make it due to time. And to be frank, Brawl would've ran even slower if they did. Unless he remakes a finish version of Brawl for the Wii U... those characters may not even get into Smash 4, save for the completely new characters.(Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik, Plusle & Minun)

Due to this, he would probably want to finish off that 4. That means 43 playable characters. 17 is a very tiny amount for him to choose unless he cuts a few more for space/time.

So yes, don't be surprised if cuts happen. He does not have a problem with them whatsoever, as shown already.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
For real, though, the Wii U IS gonna have 25 GB discs, they just won't be Blu-Ray discs. That's been confirmed since about E3, I think

@Hyper- I dunno if I would consider characters like Male and Wire Female Frame and the Polygons on the same scale as cutting actual playable characters

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For real, though, the Wii U IS gonna have 25 GB discs, they just won't be Blu-Ray discs. That's been confirmed since about E3, I think

@Hyper- I dunno if I would consider characters like Male and Wire Female Frame and the Polygons on the same scale as cutting actual playable characters
This. I really don't think many people really give a **** about those kind of cuts that much.

EDIT: It just dawned to me... does anyone honestly expect Sakurai to add this many new sword fighters in Smash?

Isaac (or Matthew)
Krom
Magnus
Masked Man
Saki (or Isa)
Samurai Goroh
Shulk
Takamaru

I don't. I really don't. Sakurai added only one new sword fighter who isn't a clone in Melee - Marth. Sakurai added only two new sword fighters who aren't clones in Brawl - Meta Knight and Ike. I think we would probably see two or three at most in Smash 4. I have a feeling Sakurai might pick Krom, Takamaru, and possibly Magnus (lol bias).

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It really depends. Considering Nintendo hasn't made many new characters after Brawl.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
This. I really don't think many people really give a **** about those kind of cuts that much.

EDIT: It just dawned to me... does anyone honestly expect Sakurai to add this many new sword fighters in Smash?

Isaac (or Matthew)
Krom
Magnus
Masked Man
Saki (or Isa)
Samurai Goroh
Shulk
Takamaru

I don't. I really don't. Sakurai added only one new sword fighter who isn't a clone in Melee - Marth. Sakurai added only two new sword fighters who aren't clones in Brawl - Meta Knight and Ike. I think we would probably see two or three at most in Smash 4. I have a feeling Sakurai might pick Krom, Takamaru, and possibly Magnus (lol bias).
Lol at thinking Magnus stands a chance. First of all, I believe the only "true sword users" that will be added will be Isaac, Krom, and Maybe Shulk and Takamaru. You have to remember that Saki isn't really a true sword user and I think he'd probably only use the be sword for a few A moves and maybe a B move. Also, Isaac and Takamaru use a lot of magic, which would help differentiate them. I don't know what Shulk does, but 'll find out a little tonight when I play Xenoblade. However, this oversaturation of sword users is why I think Sakurai will add Black Shadow if he adds an F-Zero rep. He could also very well leave out Takamaru and Shulk, but I'd say that at least Isaac and Saki are safe.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd be patient for now. To be frank, these are subject to change as is.

Actually, they're full character slots in the data. So yes, they are playable, even if only through a cheat device. This isn't one of those cases where it's a random enemy. They're fully playable characters, just not selectable through normal gameplay. You can play as Master Hand in Melee without even an Action Replay. He's also the first banned character. If he was cut, people would have a fit since he's the main boss of the series.

One-offs are easy to cut regardless. They're the only ones to have been cut before. As long as they can be played(doesn't matter how), they're PC's. Also don't twist this into things like texture hacks. You know exactly what I mean.

D

Deleted member

Those don't count unless they are legitimately selectable (Master Hand doesn't count, as that's exploiting a glitch.)

Also, we only know Mewtwo and Roy were cut due to time (though I heavily speculate Dr. Mario was as well).
We know that Dixie was cut for a different reason; because Sakurai couldn't get her to work with Diddy.
Toon Zelda/Sheik and Pra_Mai, whether Plusle and Minun or not, we have no idea why they were cut, but evidence leads to them getting cut early like Dixie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom