• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
DAT DIXIE THEME
DAT GOROH THEME
DAT KNUCKLES THEME

John done got me all hyped up for no reason lol
I am the hype creating expert, especially when I use da musics! ;)
We will see something prior to 2013, but I wouldn't bet on E3.

I like how Ridley and Sheik got the most hype. I'm telling you, the unexpected characters are going to give as much hype as the fan favorites.

What I mean is, Ghirahim is going to get around as much applause as Ridley.
If Ghirahim is confirmed, it won't get as much hype as Ridley. Maybe in the trailer he will if he's the 1st character revealed. For instance, Meta Knight got more cheers than any character not named Wario. However, he was usually was considered the 3rd or 4th most popular newcomer in said trailer, almost always ahead of Zero Suit Samus, and occasionally ahead of Pit.

Also, I can't believe Samus got that much cheers in that Melee trailer. I say this sincerely, but Samus Melee players aren't exactly common, in competitive or casual play. :laugh:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Heh, that's fine. Don't let this change the whole entire pace of the thread, just remember the offer is open if anyone wants to join in.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@disfunk- Yep, if there's one thing I know I love, it's Pikachu's Jukebox

@M&S Guy- Honestly, I think the controller itself is fine, but it does look kinda ugly IMO. It's too uhhh.... square-ish for my tastes? LOL

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Imo the controller is PERFECT...for things that don't require much precision or speed.

On a more technical side of things even outside of Smash, it seems lacking.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You talking about the Gamecube controller Iblis=???

If so, the Z button should be bigger (and easier to click), it should be above both the R and L buttons, it could use a select button, a bigger B button, and a slightly bigger control pad that is much easier to press.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Also, I can't believe Samus got that much cheers in that Melee trailer. I say this sincerely, but Samus Melee players aren't exactly common, in competitive or casual play. :laugh:
You have to take in consideration back then Metroid had not truly seen the light of day since Super Metroid on the SNES. So seeing Samus do anything was a warm welcome.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The controller is capable of video chat though. Now that's HYPE

I'm not a big fan of the Circle Pads instead of analog sticks, but then again, I heard those are actually really comfortable and I don't have a 3DS yet

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Looking at it, the analog stick placing is awkward in tagent with the other button placing, specifically the face buttons. I rather the face buttons be above the right analog stick, I mean the PlayStation controllers are like that, the Xbox controllers are like that, Nintendo controllers until this have been like that. It's an awkward transition, and not to mention where does the stylus come into play with everything else that is going on. I still have to feel the controller for myself to see if it actually is comfortable you know.

@John: No the Wii U controller. If we were to be speaking of the GCC my only changes would be to remove the obnoxious springs in the trigger buttons that cause input delay. I don't fine much problems with the control pad but then again I don't use it that's probably why XD, it could use a second z button i guess. Anything else doesn't really matter to me.

@Metal: Don't get me wrong, I'm just being nitpicky on the gameplay experience, I'm sure its other functionalities will be fine. I hope.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@M&S Guy- Honestly, I think the controller itself is fine, but it does look kinda ugly IMO. It's too uhhh.... square-ish for me? lol
Kitty Corp. member, Kit Ballard, pretty much hates the first revision of the Wii U controller. At least, that's what I recalled hearing her say.

Me, I don't really see the big deal, probably because I never touched it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How does that make a difference if it didn't even borrow resources.
I think Star's point is, it didn't need resources if it already had a solid foundation and was somewhat in playable stages of development.

This game is well...has it been a month yet since development started? XD
Bingo.

Do we know how far melee was in development.

:phone:
Melee was revealed E3 2001, and the game came out in both Japan and North America in 2001...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ipads aren't particularly the best things for gaming either...Sonic 4 is terrible on the Ipod/Ipad ports >___>

And go off what Star is saying, that probably speaks in how far it was in development. Smash 4 (a game without a name) is nowhere near that stage of development.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Iblis- Oh, I didn't mean my post like that, I was in agreeance with you while at the same time making my own statement on the Wii U controller. I meant it in a, "Yeah, you're right, but hey, it at least has this"-sort of way

One thing I'm really concerned about with the controller is the sound. Being able to stream games to my controller and play them on there is awesome but am I gonna have to deal with Game Boy-quality sound speakers in the process? LOL

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You have to take in consideration back then Metroid had not truly seen the light of day since Super Metroid on the SNES. So seeing Samus do anything was a warm welcome.
Metroid Fusion already had a trailer out, and Metroid Prime had a trailer that I think either debuted either in 2001 or 2002.

@ Iblis
Okay. As for my changes, I forgot the button delays. I also forgot as well as extra select button and Z button a new traditional Gamecube-esk contorller could use a Home button like all the new controllers for Generation 7 and Generation 8 gaming consoles seem to have.

@ Metal Underserf :awesome:
I think that the speaker quality will be improved. However, I doubt it will be much of an upgrade.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
OH GOD gameboy sound quality...

The controller is about 1.8 inches thick, almost 7 inches tall, and just over 10.5 inches wide. The touchscreen measures in at 6.2 inches and has a 16x9 aspect ratio. It has an integrated rechargeable battery, accelerometer, gyroscope, rumble, front-facing camera, power button, microphone, speakers, and two circle pads (Nintendo's name for the unit's not-quite-analog sticks). It's also equipped with all of the same buttons seen on a Wii Classic Controller: a Home button, d-pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, and L/R buttons, plus ZL/ZR. The controller also comes with a stylus as seen above.
Is the best I found for the Controller specs and it is refering to picture I posted.

EDIT: Yeah the sound quality of the Wiimote sounded like dying speakers.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I was just exaggerating my example for slight comedic effect, but yeah Horsetail, what JohnKnave said, I forgot about dem Wiimote speakers

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And go off what Star is saying, that probably speaks in how far it was in development. Smash 4 (a game without a name) is nowhere near that stage of development.
That's why I've been telling people not to expect anything about Super Smash Bros. from E3, wait until Nintendo's Fall Summit or whatever. That will be the best time to get a trailer this year. Instead just enjoy the other offerings, guarantee you there will be enough games to influence our speculation to keep us going for awhile.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, we may get a "sneak peak" simple and short clip, maybe a handful of characters (probably all or nearly all veterans), some pictures, some (concept) art, and maybe even the title of said games, but nothing special.

Fall 2012 (Nintendo Space World=???) is when we should expect the good stuff to go down. :cool:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Still don't see how that makes a difference, Star.

The development of a CG trailer is for the most part independent of the game's development. Just have to know what characters to put in it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
That's why I've been telling people not to expect anything about Super Smash Bros. from E3, wait until Nintendo's Fall Summit or whatever. That will be the best time to get a trailer this year. Instead just enjoy the other offerings, guarantee you there will be enough games to influence our speculation to keep us going for awhile.
I hope you're wrong on the fact of the trailer, I hope you're right on the fact of games to keep me entertained.

I still need to get a 3DS and KI:U.

So... are those speaker specs even remotely decent=??? I don't want my controller's speakers to sound like it's having a heart attack! :laugh:
I didn't give me specifcs so I wouldn't be able to tell. It just says "speakers" LOL

Ohh, naah. Speakers would be good enough for like, a portable gaming system.

:phone:
The gameboy was a portable system...:smirk:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I was gonna say maybe we could get a trailer at the Spike VGA's this December, but then again, I don't wanna have a reason to torture myself for 2 hours. LOL

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Still don't see how that makes a difference, Star.

The development of a CG trailer is for the most part independent of the game's development. Just have to know what characters to put in it.
It makes a difference because Sakurai has probably not even made up his mind on who he wants to add, let alone begun the process of obtaining licenses from the various subsidiaries within Nintendo.

I was gonna say maybe we could get a trailer at the Spike VGA's this December, but then again, I don't wanna have a reason to watch that **** for 2 HOURS doe. LOL
Nah, Nintendo usually saves big reveals for their Fall summit.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
I'm not sure if Brawl's trailer was CGC. Well, parts of it were, but not much. Most of it looked just like Melee with better graphics.

Seriously, re-watch the game play of the 1st trailer. Meta Knight friggen wave lands, TWICE! Also, Mario has Doc's stats and moves! :laugh:

@ Iblis
Okay. As long as the speakers don't sound too hazy, it's fine by me. There's really no reason the controller shouldn't have high quality speakers.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Metroid Fusion already had a trailer out, and Metroid Prime had a trailer that I think either debuted either in 2001 or 2002.
I should have rephrased it then, Metroid did not have a release for a very long time. You know what I meant. Anything Samus shown anywhere was going to get a major response. Even with the sizzle real showing Samus running and realistic Link fighting Ganondorf and Fusion on the horizon, no one knew Metroid was going to come back in full force. Aside from Smash it had skipped an entire generation. People were Samus hungry, thus the reaction.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I should have rephrased it then, Metroid did not have a release for a very long time. You know what I meant. Anything Samus shown anywhere was going to get a major response. Even with the sizzle real showing Samus running and realistic Link fighting Ganondorf and Fusion on the horizon, no one knew Metroid was going to come back in full force. Aside from Smash it had skipped an entire generation. People were Samus hungry, thus the reaction.
Meah. Very few people play Samus in smash often. That's overall why I was surprised. Ness didn't have a game in a long time (or ever since EarthBound), but he didn't get that reaction. Also there hadn't been a brand new canon Mario game in 5 years at that point in time! :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah Sakurai isn't deciding everyone to add right now. Many characters, yes, but not all.

I got a feeling the full roster won't be complete (aside from a few late add-ons possibly) until the end of the summer to the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom