• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I re-did my roster with Jakor's Roster Maker 2.0. Same roster, just with the unlockabilities listed.

I tried to keep a good amount hidden, while keeping some marketable newcomers and obvious veterans as starters.

Red = Locked

Blue = Starter

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah it is quite odd that Crisis City existed in Sonic Generations, despite the fact that Sonic 2006's story was erased.

Now that I think about it though, a stage that's based on Sonic Generations would be neat. It would play similar to Castle Siege in that as time passes, you'll fight on a different stage.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
@Wizzy- Well, to get it, you have to own BOTH Sonic 4 Episode 1 and 2. Best part is it's free :smirk:[/QUOTE]

Well, I own episode 1 on Wiiware and I'm going to get episode 2 on pc. Would that not work? do they have to be on the same system or how would it work?

D

Deleted member

Welp, guess Metal Sonic is now a legitimate potential candidate for Smash.
Though he, like Knuckles, won't get in before Tails. :awesome:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah it is quite odd that Crisis City existed in Sonic Generations, despite the fact that Sonic 2006's story was erased.

Now that I think about it though, a stage that's based on Sonic Generations would be neat. It would play similar to Castle Siege in that as time passes, you'll fight on a different stage.
Exactly and yes a time traveling stage would be interesting.

What I wanna know is what the HELL Metal Sonic was doing during Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Preparing for Sonic Heroes to become Metal Overlord. Maybe they'll explain that. He did make 2 cameos in Sonic Adventure though

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Wizzy- Same system, I'm certain

@Golden- This is why I want our alt character idea to go through

@Iblis- I guess that makes sense. I still wanna know how exactly he prepared for it tho

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have no complaints about Metal Sonic, but he should come after Tails and Knuckles, if they ever manage to make the playable spots.

D

Deleted member

It still seems odd that Metal Sonic would become playable in Sonic 4 before Knuckles...
Perhaps Episode 3 will be Knuckles' return?

Or watch as Amy becomes playable before him. :troll:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Looks like I might not get episode metal if thats the case :urg:

I'm so tired of Nintendo missing out of new sonic games just cause of graphics. stupid excuse.

D

Deleted member

It's not graphics, it's the data and engine.
It was said that the Wii wouldn't be able to handle Episode II due to the sheer amount of content compared to Episode I.

Now, wait until the Wii U comes out. It might get a port there.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So not only is Episode Metal gonna explain what happened to Metal Sonic after CD, it's also supposed to tie together the events of Sonic 4 and CD. I guess that explains why we're getting Episode Metal and why it's so important (BTW, Metal Sonic is such a goon, just had to say it)

@Opossum- I love that roster, only character I would personally add is Roy

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
It's not graphics, it's the data and engine.
It was said that the Wii wouldn't be able to handle Episode II due to the sheer amount of content compared to Episode I.

Now, wait until the Wii U comes out. It might get a port there.
Well Sega said that graphics were the problem for Sonic Generations. But I guess that could be saying that the Wii couldn't handle it or something. I doubt we will get a port for both sonic gen and sonic 4 ep 2.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So is Episode Metal free Day 1 DLC or something? If so then I'm cool with this.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Question it looks like recent sonic games give you spring pads or dash pads that go straight into enemies.

What's the point? LOL, I understand spikes or something if you are going out of the way but enemies?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
In a way, yeah, Falchion

You have to have both Episode 1 and 2 to get/unlock it. Not sure if they'll offer it seperately as paid DLC at some point one or not

Jakor

Smash Ace
Now that I think of it, I haven't posted my roster here in a while, so here I go.

35 starters, 20 unlockables. I tried to make characters who are more similar to others unlockable, and still put many newcomers as starting characters, since people will want to try the new characters first when the game is released.

This image was made the version 2.0 of my Maker, now available!!! (sorry, little publicity right here).

Jakor

Smash Ace
So you basically added to the existing franchises.

Not a lot of new ones. I don't like it.
Well, there are 4 new series represented in my roster, but yeah, I admit I could put more. I'll think about it when I update it.

I don't like having two times the same character (Link), when that slot could be used for more unique ones. I don't think Fire Emblem will have 4 rep, and I'd much rather have a new character than a clone coming back.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How could Hoots call Isaac a true sword-wielder, but at the same time say Saki wouldn't be a true sword-wielder? >:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@disfunk- Don't know if he's playable in Episode 2, actually

@Jakor- Well, it's not like Roy'll stay a "cloney clone" if he gets back in. He'd at least be luigified just like every other clone in Brawl

I get what you mean, though, and I respect your opinion

D

Deleted member

I wonder if JohnKnight is going to crap his pants at the fact that Knuckles has been once again upstaged, this time by Metal Sonic. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally, I only see Isaac using his sword for a few Tilts, Dash Attack, and his Forward Smash being that leaping sword thing he does. I see him using Psynergy for his other attacks.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think Isaac has a lot of potential to be more than just a sword fighter. He could be similar to Link in that regard, having his specials use something else than his sword.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Personally, I only see Isaac using his sword for a few Tilts, Dash Attack, and his Forward Smash being that leaping sword thing he does. I see him using Psynergy for his other attacks.
Yeah, he'll surely USE his sword some, but labeling him a sword-wielder seems a bit much.

I mean, not that I want to bring Saki down or anything. They'd both be great and interesting additions.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I can't decide who I like more between Isaac and Saki

Huh, I just found out, Metal Sonic has another ultimate form besides my namesake. Metal Sonic Kai. It was in Knuckles Chaotix (a game that I played but never finished). Here it is:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not even just the specials. For example, Growth as his Up Smash, Rockfall, or whatever it's called, as an aerial.

Plus it still leaves some for Specials. For example, and I have never played Golden Sun so bare with me, have Quake as a Down Special, Move as a Side Special, Lift as an Up Special, Neutral Special using a Djinn, and Gaia as a Final Smash.

I see where you're coming from Oasis. I agree. Frankly, I don't see Isaac or Saki as "sword users." I'd classify them more like Pit, if anything. They just offer so much...more, than swords.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Anyone have ideas for Isaac's throws?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't use MOVE like this, but I'd love to see him shoot out a giant hand for his grab, lol.

NO ESCAPE.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Saki would be fun to use. Like a mix of Fox (or moreso Samus, due what his gun could offer) and Link. He'd use his gun mostly but close-ranged attacks would use the sword. Wish they give him variety of uses for his gun, like Samus has.

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyone have ideas for Isaac's throws?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't use MOVE like this, but I'd love to see him shoot out a giant hand for his grab, lol.

NO ESCAPE.
Funny. I was thinking the exact thing xD.

I had a similar idea for his recovery. Technically Lift is used with a giant hand to lift obstacles.
But...what if, it lifted Isaac? Just a funny idea.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Forward Throw should have him using miniature version of Move.

Side B also must be Move. I tell ya. Great move for camping enemies. /and maybe projectiles?/

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom