• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm still betting against him though. As Oasis has said, he's boring and what not. :p
No boring is Little Mac. People can say what they want about Toad, but at least he can be more than one dimensional in his play style. Just saying.

Besides, the only correct choice for a Mario newcomer is Birdo.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I dunno why people are getting upset with the Toad support lately... it is as if they don't want Toad to be in the competition against Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario and they want Geno and Waluigi to be serious contenders for the coveted 5th Mario slot.
I'm not mad about it. However, I got a feeling that unless a new canon Mario title for the Wii U (maybe the 3DS) is revealed soon, that Toad, Bowser Jr, and Waluigi support will slowly die down. Meanwhile I think the upcoming Paper Mario game will increase the amount of supporters Paper Mario has for Smash.

Also, anyone else find it creepy how in the last month or two Matthew support has collapsed out of nowhere=??? I went to GameFAQs a few weeks ago and nobody was even mentioning him anymore. It is really strange. He went from being popular, to controversial, to hated by older Golden Sun fans, to gone from the light of day... :ohwell:

@ Llumys
You are a terrible troll. :p

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
On a lighter note, if nobody has heard this song from Kid Icarus: Uprising everyone really should. At some parts I get a Sonic Adventure 2/Megaman X/Xenoblade vibe. This song will definitely be in the next game.

http://youtu.be/vACnYjfu4IM

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Augh, I hate all this Captain Falcon support. I mean, how will he fight? I guess you could make his Blue Falcon do a barrel roll...
Pretty much this.

And also...
Augh, I hate all this ROB support. I mean, how will he fight? I guess he could squish people with pillars by pushing a button...

Just saiyan.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No boring is Little Mac. People can say what they want about Toad, but at least he can be more than one dimensional in his play style. Just saying.

Besides, the only correct choice for a Mario newcomer is Birdo.
You haven't read very many movesets have you? :p

It's all subjective.

Also we all know that Goomba is the best choice for a Mario newcomer. Has been in most every Mario game, has a large popularity fanbase as well. Totally deserving. :awesome:

On a lighter note, if nobody has heard this song from Kid Icarus: Uprising everyone really should. At some parts I get a Sonic Adventure 2/Megaman X/Xenoblade vibe. This song will definitely be in the next game.

http://youtu.be/vACnYjfu4IM
Agreed. I liked that song. :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
F-Zero will rise again. Unlike Star Fox, it's quality has always remained high (although some of those Game Boy Advance games weren't as great as say X or GX).

Also Star Fox is not well. 90% of the sales of the series come from the same game being remade twice and the original version of said game.

If anything, the series is still in the gutters. The series needs a new game with a new plot that is well-received and sells well! :laugh:
I know right?

I hated the GBA F-Zero game I got as one of the 20 Ambassadors' games. This and that lame golf game.

I am beginning to think that in order for Star Fox to be popular again, it needs to be dormant for 20 years... make an entire generation of gamers forget about Star Fox 64 and how great it is and stop comparing the newer games to Star Fox 64.... and then when Star Fox is revived, a new generation of gamers will hail it as the greatest game ever. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hate Mario supporter. That fat plumber hasn't been relevant since that incredible live action film about him.

The same goes for Link. Ever since his awesome television show that inspired Leonardo DaVinci to craft that statue of David where he has a tiny vagina, the Legend of Zelda series has really gone down the drain.

@ Arcadenik
That's pretty much all Nintendo can do with the Star Fox franchise now. They can't make a game like that again. It was terribly cheesy, amusing, funny, revolutionary, had great controls, and amazing. That's a hard combination to master.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate Mario supporter. That fat plumber hasn't been relevant since that incredible live action film about him.

The same goes for Link. Ever since his awesome television show that inspired Leonardo DaVinci to craft that statue of David where he has a tiny vagina, the Legend of Zelda series has really gone down the drain.

@ Arcadenik
That's pretty much all Nintendo can do with the Star Fox franchise now. They can't make a game like that again. It was terribly cheesy, amusing, funny, revolutionary, had great controls, and amazing. That's a hard combination to master.
I wasn't allowed to watch the Zelda series because my mom said it was evil.

Now that I have watched it. I agree with her

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You haven't read very many movesets have you? :p

It's all subjective.

Also we all know that Goomba is the best choice for a Mario newcomer. Has been in most every Mario game, has a large popularity fanbase as well. Totally deserving. :awesome:
I have, and they still have yet to fully win me over to his camp. Besides, fan movesets are different than how in game movesets will and do function. So meh.

A long time ago I really really wanted Fawful to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Why don't they just make a new Star Fox game? :/

I LOVED Assault.
I have this weird love-hate relationship with this series that supersedes rationale.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I have, and they still have yet to fully win me over to his camp. Besides, fan movesets are different than how in game movesets will and do function. So meh.

A long time ago I really really wanted Fawful to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Oh, gross. That pathetic little beanhead? Ew.

I used to support King Boo... And Carnivine, for whatever stupid reason...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I use to support Porygon-Z and actually gained some followers.

I should do that again. But, that was already a gen ago

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We all need to make a cult character to support. Someone no one has really gotten behind as a playable character before guys. ;)

What characters do you guys think we should support=???

I say Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land and Clu-Clu Land D! :cool:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I used to support Porygon-Z and actually gained some followers.

I should do that again. But, that was already a gen ago
Once, a long time ago, I randomly thought up a Teddiursa moveset on the fly. Wigglytuff, too.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Cult character? Octoman from F-Zero, hands down

Only boss *** mutha****as can appreciate Octoman

Oh, and Starmie and Psyduck, too, for no obvious reason whatsoever :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cult character? Octoman from F-Zero, hands down

Only boss *** mutha****as can appreciate Octoman
We need to find someone with history we can manipulate.

Such as "Inspired the creation of" or "Made by the brilliant man who also made"

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
John, we should support Impa! Nobody thinks about her!
Oh wait... :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Claus from MOTHER! MOTHER inspired Pokémon, and Claus inspired the rest of the MOTHER series! That's the perfect character to manipulate!

@ Poppy
No, because smash doesn't need another chick with a mustache. We already got Wario! :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say we hype Sukapon.

He already has some followers and other smash (Internet) fans have heard of him

He seems easy enough to manipulate events inflating his importance

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about this Sheriff guy Oasis goes on about. I think he'd do as well

Sukapon or Sheriff are my bet

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hype Magikarp. He used to be the Strongest Pokemon in the world.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
YEAH GUISE, RHYDON IS THE MOST DESERVING CHARACTER for SMASH BECAUSE HE WAS THE FIRST POKEMON EVER CREATED AND HE CAN BE UNIQUE AND POKEMON IS A HUGE SERIES and HE WAS FROM THE MOST POPULAR GENERATION OF POKEMON SO YEAH RHYDON FTW GUISE

^^^^ There you go, Geno 2.0 right there. I'm serious too lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
YEAH GUISE, RHYDON IS THE MOST DESERVING CHARACTER for SMASH BECAUSE HE WAS THE FIRST POKEMON EVER CREATED AND HE CAN BE UNIQUE AND POKEMON IS A HUGE SERIES and HE WAS FROM THE MOST POPULAR GENERATION OF POKEMON SO YEAH RHYDON FTW GUISE

Walked right into that.

But regardless.

GENO YOUR MOM

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Sable in the only answer you guys. Get to backin him.

-Inspired future Zelda games such as Link's Awakening.
-Was an innovative and undeniably unique game at it's time, although it was neglected and didn't get localized.
-Got several mentions on Sakurai's poll for previous smash games.
-Could easily have his series revived much like Kid Icarus. Sakurai has already stated that if he were to revive another dormant retro franchise, that character would probably already be planned for SSB4.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Muddy is a bit manipulable with the whole, "retro but interesting moveset from a Classic GBA game." And "He was made by Miyamoto himself." And "Sakurai mentioned him on his sacred list." And "PUZZLE HYPE!"

Just tossing it out there.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Rhydon needs more love though. He'd be awesome to have.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom