• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That comes on teen nick sometimes. 90's are all that has been amazing.

So this is on topic, I think dillon has descent moveset potential. From his roll attack to his claw attack to ice stones to dynamite etc. thoughts?

:phone:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Oasis: Oh shut up, if you can't tell by now I suck at coming up with usernames. :p

You may be Strong, but I'm Mighty. :troll:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I gess we had our off topic moment,let's talk about SM4SH,shall we?

but what could we talk about...what about the characters moves,what you would like to see and all!(Wario lacks wario land's move!!!)

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Oh, aren't we Mr. Sakurai?

Mew doesn't have a "smash" material moveset. Example: Mew doesn't walk. He floats, and not like Mewtwo. Victini walks, therefore giving him a "platform stance". Another reason is that when Mewtwo was seen for SSBM, Mew being playable didn't suit Sakurai's eyes, obviously. Remember, Mew has been a Pokeball for awhile. But just because Mew, a totally different Pokemon, was in a Pokeball does not prove in anyway shape or form that Victini will meet the same fate.
In other words your argument can be summed up as follows:
- Mew doesn't walk and would not have an appropriate(in your view) moveset fit for Smash
- Victini walks and would have an appropriate moveset(in your view) for Smash

Therefore Victini should be in the game herpa derp derp derp.

Um, no... hell no. Mew was a 'Pokeball Special' in SSB64 - before Mewtwo. The only argument you've put forth here is the fact that Victini can 'walk' therefore increasing the likelihood of him being playable. Really?

I'll be damned if they do end up putting him in as a playable character but solely based off of the fact that he has the ability to walk does nothing. I only cite past examples in an attempt to indicate the fate of Victini in the next Smash 4. Mew, Celebi, Manaphy and Jirachi were all Pokeball specials. Victini being the Base 100 tiny uber of this generation would be no exception to this rule. As things stand, considering the parallels between Zoruark/Lucario as the non-legendary representatives of their respective generations it is NO stretch of the imagination to speculate that Zoruark would be a playable character. Anyone familiar with the Pokemon franchise and the Smash games would understand what I'm saying.

Let go of the wishful thinking.

I've done my research. I've tested and manipulated Victini liability in the SSB enviorment. You really aren't arguing anything I haven't heard before.

And he calls ME Mr. Sakurai. Very cute. O:

D

Deleted member

I've already caused a bit of Uncle Ruckus with his argument, so be warned, he's going to attack for going against the glorious rat with buttwings.
But anyways, logic dictates that Genesect will be in at this point.

Mewtwo vs. Genesect shall be the battle to end all battles.

Mechanized Predator > False Victory.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I had some family business to attend to earlier, but now I'm just catching up with the recent posts...

I am for Zamus and Samus being separate.

Samus's style worked in Melee. She had plenty of knock-away moves and an armament of projectiles. Give her KO power back, especially on her charged shot so it an be feared once more.
Separating Samus from Zero Suit Samus would feel very awkward if you asked me.

I know. And I really want Toad to happen, otherwise we might end up with far less interesting characters as Bowser Jr., Waluigi or Dr.Mario. Or Rosalina. And really, I don't think either one of those 4 WON'T have similarities to the characters we already have. So yeah, Toad.

I don't know. Bowser Jr. isn't exactly like his father, since lately, he's been quicker and less powerful than him. And Rosalina would easily have an easier time getting a unique moveset, considering her status.

Ok hold up a second. People seriously think that Higgs is the next best choice after Ridley?

I...I don't even...

So you guys are saying that a semi-important character in one game who was likely added just to be the token black guy, is more likely than Dark Samus, the MAIN VILLAIN of the Prime series, and Adam Malkovich, a HUGELY IMPORTANT character in TWO GAMES?

Hell, I'd put Melissa Bergman, the MP3 Hunters, and the MPH Hunters above him in terms of likelihood. At least they were important characters. All Anthony ever did was fall onto a lava golem and survive to come back at the end of the game.

I could MAYBE see him as Adam's alternate costume if Adam makes it in, but there's no way in hell he's making it in over Dark Samus or Adam.
Yeah I just don't see much out of Anthony. There are probably better options than him, such as Dark Samus.

If only Falco had an Arwing as a Final Smash... I love Falco in Smash sooooooo much
It was quite lazy of Nintendo to reuse the same Final Smash three times. Falco could've had the Arwing, while Wolf got his Wolfen. Fox keeps the Landmaster to himself.

I personally want to see both Dixie and K.Rool. They're both very important, missing reps of DK-franchise to be waiting their time to come. I'm sure everyone agrees with this.

I agree, 100% with you.

Shoukd there be a gallery mode for SSB4? It wouldn't replace the trophy mode, just be a new addition?

I meant a picture gallery mode, like, depicting the official art and concept art around SSB4, it's characters, their moves, items, stages, assist trophies' moves, all detailedly drawn like Kid Icarus Uprising's official art. I would seriously cream my pants...

That would be a good addition, and it would also expand the list of unlockables during the process.

So, I've played Skyward Sword a little more, and I'm starting to vote for Ghirahim for SSB4. Mainly because he's actually alot cooler than I thought.

A little fabulos, but...
At this point, I'm still leaning towards Impa.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I gess we had our off topic moment,let's talk about SM4SH,shall we?

but what could we talk about...what about the characters moves,what you would like to see and all!(Wario lacks wario land's move!!!)
Kirby pretty much needs an overhaul, since he hasn't been at his best since the first Super Smash Bros..

I did mention making his Final Smash be Ultra Sword, but another change should probably be the Hammer, since it's hardly useful by any means.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Golden- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That show is so godforsakenly funny

But yeah, am I the only one who actually liked playing as Wolf in Brawl when I actually started playing as him? I wonder what they'll do to him this time around

D

Deleted member

Wolf kind of felt rushed, and the fact he doesn't have a Victory theme file while Mewtwo and Roy do kind of hints that he WAS a rushed character.
I feel Sakurai will change up his Specials a little more this time around. And possibly give him a different FS that actually makes sense.

@Metal: I agree. Ruckus is my favorite character. NOT because he hates African Americans, but because he's hilarious and hypocritical.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm pretty sure that Wolf's victory theme could've easily been a remix of the Star Wolf theme. On the other hand, Meta Knight's victory theme is just a heavy metal version of Kirby's victory theme.

D

Deleted member

No, what I'm getting at is that in the files, EVERY character has a victory theme file. Including Sheik and Zero Suit.
Everybody but Wolf, that is.
Mewtwo and Roy strangely have one while Wolf doesn't.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Too many clones and overpowered people in Brawl.

Clones attacks that is, character clones there are a few that feel are the same.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Huh, would you look at that

A Boondocks reference in this very thread
I applaud him for that reference.

Too many clones and overpowered people in Brawl.

Clones attacks that is, character clones there are a few that feel are the same.
The semi-clones in Brawl could defintely use some un-cloning or at least Luigification. While I'd prefer Toon Link remain at least a semi-clone, I want to see Ganondorf, Wolf, and Lucas with new moves to replace the clone moves they still have left.

And Luigi should totally get his Poltergust for his grab ability.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
It was quite lazy of Nintendo to reuse the same Final Smash three times. Falco could've had the Arwing, while Wolf got his Wolfen. Fox keeps the Landmaster to himself.
They could just have Wolf call in an airstrike while he jumps offscreen, complete with some banter from the Starwolf crew.

Also, DK needs to stop getting jungle stages, and Samus should stop getting lava stages. They could have someone else get jungle/lava-related stages, and there's a good number of series that have them. There's Mario, Yoshi, Starfox, Kirby, Zelda, Wario, etc.

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I applaud him for that reference.

The semi-clones in Brawl could defintely use some un-cloning or at least Luigification. While I'd prefer Toon Link remain at least a semi-clone, I want to see Ganondorf, Wolf, and Lucas with new moves to replace the clone moves they still have left.

And Luigi should totally get his Poltergust for his grab ability.
I agree. I think Lucas could have an fsmash similar to Mewtwos in Brawl(I picture him gathering some energy Hadouken/Single handed Kamehameha style while charging the Smash and upon hitting the smash the ball explodes). Idk just a thought.

As for Wolf, thankfully his physical moveset is completely different from either of the Spacies. I don't consider the Wolf flash as a clone move. I'm having trouble imagining a viable replacement for his recovery though - that alongside his shine being the most 'clone' oriented moves Wolf has in relation to Fox/Falco.

Luigi having a Poltergust grab sounds brilliant. I'm surprised they never incorporated a move involving the Poltergust in Brawl to begin with.

Oh, and Mario's current D-air could be his new N-air, with his new D-air being his classic ground pound.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He thought about giving Luigi his Poltergust back in Melee, but wasn't sure if he should. Can't remember the exact reason he gave. Think it had to do with it not being out in time. It wasn't relevant in Brawl, so I guess that's why he didn't add it then. With Luigi's Mansion 2 though, he may reconsider?

D

Deleted member

I hope he does reconsider. He could make Luigi suck less by sucking more. :troll:

JK. Luigi's a good character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder if it could work as an ITEM? It'd be neat if we had items that changed Specials. The FLUDD could work even better as one of those.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Avatar change. His name is Goombultra. Near invincible Goomba. :awesome:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Infinite grabs for next smash.

Lucas and Ness need to have a worse grab release so the whole cast can grab them, they already basically can.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Is this still an AGREEABLE potential character pool.

Sometimes I see STRANGERS viewing this thread, and I feel like they're only coming to see what character ideas we're kicking around, instead of us being ********. This pool should be on, like, every page.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay, I am looking some polls at a Japanese Smash Bros. fansite.

Daisy seems to be the Waluigi of Japan (as in a character that only appears in the spinoffs that has far more popularity than he/she should). I also noticed that generally they don't want Pichu and Young Link to come back. Dr. Mario has a small fanbase like he does here.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is Daisy being the Waluigi of Japan your own interpretation, as in, you mean Daisy is topping a lot of those polls you're looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom