• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, with PC trophies, I'd like to see something like the Bios in Smash 64.

D

Deleted member

I said I was postponing it because a friend of mine (Ariand/AEM, the guy who makes my Rosters) wants to sprite it for a potential expansion for SSF2.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
We got a sound test mode, so sure, a gallery mode would be sweet

And I agree with Poppy

BTW, in addition to Trophy Hoard, we need THIS beauty back in Smash:

[COLLAPSE="I wish this were my room as a kid"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I said I was postponing it because a friend of mine (Ariand/AEM, the guy who makes my Rosters) wants to sprite it for a potential expansion for SSF2.
Was it you? I thought it was kuma but I wasn't sure. You should at least give us a sneak peak I was actually looking forward too it.

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I was playing through Donkey Kong Country 3 all through this week and just completely finished it. I definitely feel this game is underrated. Although it does not have the atmosphere or soundtrack of the previous two DKC games, it is definitely top-notch gameplay wise. Replaying through it has made me respect Dixie Kong more. She is definitely Nintendo's best female character outside Samus, Zelda, and Peach.

I definitely think that Smash 4 should have K. Rool and Dixie Kong. However, I still feel that K. Rool is much more likely than Dixie Kong, due to how much more requested he is. The only reason why I think Smash 4 getting Dixie Kong is a possibility is due to the fact that Dixie Kong is quite requested herself and the fact that Sakurai already made out a moveset for her during Brawl. I think K. Rool will be revealed before Smash 4's release, while Dixie Kong would definitely be a hidden character.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, that's gonna be fun for me when I play the final version.

"HEY MARIO, REMEMBER ME?!"
"Uh... No."
"Really? I'm the first Goomba you jumped over in Super Mario World. You stomped my brother!"
"Which one was he again?"
"YOU MEAN YOU STOMPED MORE OF THEM?! OH, THAT'S IT, YOU'RE GOING DOWN!"
This game's winner is: Goomba! :troll:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I was playing through Donkey Kong Country 3 all through this week and just completely finished it. I definitely feel this game is underrated. Although it does not have the atmosphere or soundtrack of the previous two DKC games, it is definitely top-notch gameplay wise. Replaying through it has made me respect Dixie Kong more. She is definitely Nintendo's best female character outside Samus, Zelda, and Peach.

I definitely think that Smash 4 should have K. Rool and Dixie Kong. However, I still feel that K. Rool is much more likely than Dixie Kong, due to how much more requested he is. The only reason why I think Smash 4 getting Dixie Kong is a possibility is due to the fact that Dixie Kong is quite requested herself and the fact that Sakurai already made out a moveset for her during Brawl. I think K. Rool will be revealed before Smash 4's release, while Dixie Kong would definitely be a hidden character.
I would say Dixie Kong and K. Rool have a pretty equal chance of getting in.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: YEEES, someone noticed it too, finally!!!!
Did you love the Scandinavian atmosphere around DKC3? I though disagree: Both have EQUAL CHANCES.

Also, few more weeks to Uprising and OVA's~

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The strangest thought just occurred to me... I thought of a perfect Final Smash for Goomba! :laugh:

Remember New Super Mario Bros. DS? World 4's Boss? How it starts as a regular Goomba, then BOOM! it turns into a gigantic powerhouse of death? Yeah. That's it. :awesome:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrono: YEEES, someone noticed it too, finally!!!!
Did you love the Scandinavian atmosphere around DKC3? I though disagree: Both have EQUAL CHANCES.

Also, few more weeks to Uprising and OVA's~

Yeah, replaying through DKC3 I noticed it was going for a Northern Europe atmosphere (as a matter of fact, I am pretty sure the region in which DKC3 takes place is called the Northern Kremisphere). This really became obvious with the fjord world. However, there were some level motifs that seemed out of place for this theme, most notably the coral reef levels.

As for the OVAs, I am hoping that they will start to be uploaded next week. Uprising is less than three weeks away from release anyway.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: DKC3 was my first DKC-game. so of course. Forests, snowy mountains, sunny lakesides... it feels so home where I am, especially when going to camping at to other cities' natural camping resorts.

Chrono: Next week already? I can't see that much happening... but you can hope. (-lvl-)

D

Deleted member

Was it you? I thought it was kuma but I wasn't sure. You should at least give us a sneak peak I was actually looking forward too it.

Ah ah ah. No spoilers. ;)
But I WILL say a unique gimmick I had for him.

If Goomba is Footstool Jumped on, he will flatten, but like in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, this won't kill him. Instead he is near immune to attacks, and he is controlled like Flat Wario in the Wario Land games for a second or two, then he pops back up.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That fella goes so far as to buy a ****in Virtual Boy, GAASP

I have a Virtual Boy and have a few games for it. The best game for it is easily Virtual Boy Wario Land (which I think is the best game in the Wario Land series). Galactic Pinball is another really good for that system (it even has a Metroid mini-game where you control Samus's starship). Other notable games include Mario Clash (which plays like a sequel to Mario Bros.), Mario's Tennis (the first Mario tennis game), and Teleroboxer (which is basically Punch-Out except with robots).

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Oasis: DKC3 was my first DKC-game. so of course. Forests, snowy mountains, lakesides near sunny days... it feels so home where I am, especially when going to camping at to other cities' natural camping resorts.

The DKC is such a beautifully crafted series.

I love DKC3's atmosphere especially, I must admit.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
alright, im back... no one did a syrup moveset? screw it... imma do one... be back in a weekend... latezzzzzzzzzz!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: I see- Heh. But you get any eye strains? (-'?'-);

Been near-end at Paper Mario 64 now, venturing through the Bowser's Castle. A game overdue to be cleared after 6 years...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I've played Skyward Sword a little more, and I'm starting to vote for Ghirahim for SSB4. Mainly because he's actually alot cooler than I thought.

A little fabulos, but...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey Oas, I'm trying to remember this other fella which has a GB-game published by Nintendo... His name was Kevin... and his game was released at the same day Sin & Punishment was.
(-l.l-)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrono: I see- Heh. But you get any eye strains? (-'?'-);
Funny enough, I got more eyestrains from playing the 3DS than I did with the Virtual Boy. Whenever I play the 3DS, I almost always turn the 3D off.

As for the OVAs, I was hoping that they would be uploaded before Uprising's release as a thing to build hype for Uprising. However, its quite possible that they may not come up until Uprising's release. Either way, we are probably going to be seeing more of Palutena and Medusa in three weeks at most.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
So, I've played Skyward Sword a little more, and I'm starting to vote for Ghirahim for SSB4. Mainly because he's actually alot cooler than I thought.

A little fabulos, but...
I agree, Ghirahim would be such an awesome character for smash 4.

What do you guys think his moveset would be like?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aah, maan, I just can't wait to see what they have for us in the OVA's. Poor Pit, he has the least waited OVA of the bunch. XDD

SHAFT, I know you'll do some Palutena-fanservice. I just know it! (Because watching Pani Poni Dash and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei already proofs that studio loves doing that)

Oas: Yeah, that's the one. Though I couldn't remember it too at the moment and I'm using 3DS, so...

And my eyes have never hurted anymore when using 3D in 3DS.
(-'_'-)?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I probably won't use the 3D much on the 3DS if/when I ever get it, I'm already burned out by all the movies with the crappy, converted 3D as is

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For those who do not know about the Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs:

Pit's story: 3 parts
Palutena's story: 2 parts
Medusa's story: 1 part

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm happy no one gives a **** about my ******* avatar.

inb4oasis

Oh, btw, is there any news on SSB4? :troll:
You made it sound like "Oh lol yeah I lost a bet so I HAVE to use this avatar" when in fact you wanted nothing more than to use it, but you were just too embarrassed to, SO you had to make it sound like it was against your will or something. In a week, you'll probably be like "Well I kind of got used to it so I guess I'll just stick with it, lol." I think maybe you WANT people to say something about it.

Of course, I never pay any attention to your avatars. I mean, you like ponies. No big deal.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Bronies, lolis, furries... can't we just get along?

Chrono: I wonder how LONG these will be, 6 minutes per part? Because that's how long many videos in Nintendo Video are in duration.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
You made it sound like "Oh lol yeah I lost a bet so I HAVE to use this avatar" when in fact you wanted nothing more than to use it, but you were just too embarrassed to, SO you had to make it sound like it was against your will or something. In a week, you'll probably be like "Well I kind of got used to it so I guess I'll just stick with it, lol." I think maybe you WANT people to say something about it.

Of course, I never pay any attention to your avatars. I mean, you like ponies. No big deal.
Ponies are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom