• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Color was original Metroid, design was Super Metroid artwork (as posted above).

Color =/= Design.

Other M also uses a drastically different design for Ridley 2. (I dare not call the clone Ridley that died the same game the same.)

Also, "Blue Ridley" is Neo Ridley. It's Ridley 2's dead body infused with an X-Parasite.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Give us Metroid Prime Ridley. :smirk:
Watch him troll you and give you MP3 Meta-Ridley. :troll:

That has to be one of his ugliest designs yet. At least, his Omega Ridley form was. I believe he looked different the first time you encounter him.

Ridley X, Omega Ridley, and Other Ridley. So ugly.

Also John doesn't know what he's talking about. TYPICAL.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, I am instead saying that perhaps that he may have thought of it before. Of course that doesn't prove that he will be considered for Smash Wii U/3DS, but it is something interesting to think about. It's too bad Sakurai wasn't as vocal about what characters he considered for Brawl as he did with Smash 64 and Melee... :bee:
Probably because he knew this day would come.

Dixie is so much more likely than K. Rool. If you would just LOOK at Smash, you would see what I mean.

Oh, and Hanenbow is awesome.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Can you imagine how GORGEOUS a Metroid game on the Wii U would look?

I mean, look at the Prime games and Other M, the graphics of all of those have aged pretty well, I'd say, and the consoles they were on didn't even have HD

Metroid. In 1080p. Do want

D

Deleted member

Watch him troll you and give you MP3 Meta-Ridley. :troll:

That has to be one of his ugliest designs yet. At least, his Omega Ridley form was. I believe he looked different the first time you encounter him.

Ridley X, Omega Ridley, and Other Ridley. So ugly.

Also John doesn't know what he's talking about. TYPICAL.
MP3 Meta looked like a watered down Omega. Which, in all, made sense, I guess.

@Horsetail: No. He said look into Smash itself. He means the fact Dixie was planned.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
What's with the hatred of Other M btw?

Ridley seems to come alive a lot.

I was kinda sad when I saw Ridley in Other M at the end, I felt bad for him.

Also at the above post I've been talking about that, and imagine a MULTIPLAYER FEATURE ARENEA with like 8v8, and a few types of playable characters or more. A bit like Kid Icarus in terms of types of players, or Metroid Prime Hunters I should say.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shorts =/= John silly.

And no, it's because Dixie was almost in Brawl. Dixie has been fleshed out, and we KNOW IT. The mechanic implemented for her and Diddy didn't work (As far as we know) she was fine.

K. Rool, never had reason to believe he was chosen for Brawl. Although, Sakurai does notice he is fighting Material, which is good.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
D

Deleted member

Ridley has only died once. Super Metroid: Blown up on Zebes.
He has ESCAPED death quite a few times, but he died for good in Super Metroid.

Other M has his accidental clone, Ridley 2 (as I call him), who died in the same game, but not by Samus' hand. (Which is one of the reasons why I hate associating that Ridley with the original)

Then Ridley 2 was brought back as Neo Ridley, though it was an X-Parasite fusing with his dead body, so technically, it was the Parasite you fought in Ridley form, not Ridley or Ridley 2 themselves.

BAM! (needed that somewhere with all this Ridley talk...)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
John: Is it because Rool's absence from Returns?
I didn't mention Dixie or King K. Rool at all today... until you brought this up... :smirk:
Probably because he knew this day would come.
Oh God, don't tell me it's time to do taxes! :scared:
Dixie is so much more likely than K. Rool. If you would just LOOK at Smash, you would see what I mean.
Not sure what you mean (o accomplish. I mean, sure, Sakurai tried to put Dixie in, and sure, Dixie has data on the Brawl disc. However, that doesn't mean it will carry over to the next smash bros game. K. Rool is getting lots of support from every country and many ages groups. Plus he is the main villain of said franchise.

Regardless, both are excellent choices. I fully support both characters, and I think there is a good chance we could get both.
Oh, and Hanenbow is awesome.
EEYYYNNNHHH! WRONG OPINION! :troll:
What's with the hatred of Other M btw?
Many of us didn't like Samus' personality from that game, Ridley's look (God, he looks AWFUL!), the gameplay, the controls, or Team Ninja's vibe with the series.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Did they make Omega Ridley explode just because it looked cool.

"Well, he didn't REALLY explode..."

D

Deleted member

Ridley has escaped death. Usually by eating the flesh of other beings, as said in the canon e-manga. Or revival by Space Pirates (became Meta Ridley). Or fusing with Phazon energy (became Omega Ridley).

Though given that he lost his mechanical upgrades inbetween Prime 3 and Super Metroid, one is left to wonder why that is...
Did he happen to eat enough people to grow back all his lost organic parts?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
JOHN DIXIE WAS PLAYABLE AT ONE POINT. K. Rool has never been.

"What are you talking about? Does he have a complete moveset for her? Yeah. But that doesn't mean anything"

You crazy Knight.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yuui: That still irks me so baaad...

Hmm, wanna ask you guys something:

Do you think that Kid Icarus-franchise is now a Sakurai's new "baby"/"Kirby", or you know like, adopted series? I heavily disagree. Many just use that excuse to expect way too much representation for Kid Icarus-series now. (-'-'-)

:phone:

D

Deleted member

"What are you talking about? Does he have a complete moveset for her? Yeah. But that doesn't mean anything"

You crazy Knight.
Well, it could end up a case like Dedede and Meta Knight.

Dedede had been planned for 64 and Melee, but Meta Knight was revealed first for Brawl.

K. Rool could be revealed first followed by Dixie in the same manner.

EDIT: Although, to be fair, Dedede (and Ike) seemed to have been planned to be unlockable beforehand....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, it could end up a case like Dedede and Meta Knight.

Dedede had been planned for 64 and Melee, but Meta Knight was revealed first for Brawl.

K. Rool could be revealed first followed by Dixie in the same manner.
Sure why not. Doesn't change that Dixie is a much earier add, and probably more "likely" as well. Ew I hate that word.

And, my opinion on KI can change at any point, but Im betting Palutena if anyone. Idunno if we will even get her though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

You crazy Knight.
Regardless, that doesn't mean her chances of being playable are any better or worse. Chances, according to us, are subjective anyways. Dixie's chances are, most likely, extremely high for being strongly considered for Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS. However, I think that if King K. Rool is strongly considered (as is Dixie Kong), he will have a better chance of ending up playable in the final game. I think his overall wackiness, the need for more heavy characters, his worldwide popularity, his huge role in the now resurrect DKC franchise, and all the unique things he could bring to smash give him the edge. Regardless, I see both of their chances as really good.

Still, if you see Dixie or King K. Rool as more likely than the other, there is clear evidence to say either or, and not really much to debate.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I personally want to see both Dixie and K.Rool. They're both very important, missing reps of DK-franchise to be waiting their time to come. I'm sure everyone agrees with this.

D

Deleted member

Watch Sakurai be a **** and add Magna instead. (Formerly known as Magnus)

EDIT: Never mind, it's still Magnus. NoA just had a translation error, as Manga is his JPN name.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Arguing who is more likely between Dixie and K. Rool is pointless as hell

They're both great choices, so just have 'em both in and get it over with lol duh

That's like arguing over who's more likely between Peach and Bowser/Zelda and Ganondorf

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Oasis, I feel the same way about K. Rool. Im not excited to throw crowns. Unless he has a sailor scout costume.

D

Deleted member

I already edited that a minute beforehand.

@Shortie: Not before Marth is given a Sailor Mercury outfit and he can throw his tiara.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
STAY CANON. We must. For the sake of this Sailor Scout.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yuui: Lool, my friend in DA drew a pic depicting Marth secretly being Mercury, Ike just finding out about it all startled. XD

Peach should be in his DIC Toadstool-attire as an alternative costume. Kirby too, give him dat American Kirby: Megaman and Roll as well.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I meant a picture gallery mode, like, depicting the official art and concept art around SSB4, it's characters, their moves, items, stages, assist trophies' moves, all detailedly drawn like Kid Icarus Uprising's official art. I would seriously cream my pants...

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I meant a picture gallery mode, like, depicting the official art and concept art around SSB4, it's characters, their moves, items, stages, assist trophies' moves, all detailedly drawn like Kid Icarus Uprising's official art. I would seriously cream my pants...

Lol yea, that would be great.

D

Deleted member

Didn't someone say they were going to make a Palutena moveset? How's that going along?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Someone's supposed to make a goomba moveset too unless I already missed it I tend to skip over groups of posts if I miss too much/the topic is boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom