• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think a lot of debates in here could be reduced to that. It'd be nice XD

Anyways, I'm going to bounce and see if my next neighbor is home. Time to benchpress again
That is what people want to say, but don't have the guts too. At least Golden is trying to be reasonable. I agree with him on Waluigi, I just don't care for him [Waluigi] over some other Mario characters.

When you see my previous post and imagine it in Bender's voice from Futurama it is a thousand times funnier. lol

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Way ahead of you Star. LOL

Oh, don't worry. Next time I feel need to I'll do it! I just got to save your quote because that's the form I'm going to use it in.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
One last thing, Omega has like, more post than me, shorts, and the person below him combined. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but who's to say Daisy, Birdo, Toad, or even Baby Mario could use those moves=???
Because they didn't. While the moves Waluigi do fit Waluigi, they don't fit other characters.

I mean, would it make sense for Toad to all of a sudden be able to use purple thorny vines like a whip?

Or Baby Mario to swim in midair?

How about Biro distorting her body into the shape of an upside-down L and create a tornado?

Daisy using mechanical contraptions because she's a cheater?

It's like you ignored me.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Yes but they don't,well,it's hard to have those characters with purple vines,4-armed electric machine,ect.
but i'm not going farther,i'm stoping here and will talk about something else but i don't know what...

EDIT:golden says it all!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'm tied with Chris now ^_^. I'd probably have more posts but this thread is on a downward spiral. Even the trolls we have aren't as funny/interesting as the old ones.

:phone:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'd say I'm surprised I'm so low, but it makes sense. I mean, I kind of lost interest after the new thread was made, since nothing came up. Most of my posts are in the old thread, which while there wasn't much to talk about then either, at least not having anything to talk about was new!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I mean, would it make sense for Toad to all of a sudden be able to use purple thorny vines like a whip?
Maybe a white thorny whip.
Or Baby Mario to swim in midair?
I'll give you that one! :laugh:
How about Biro distorting her body into the shape of an upside-down L and create a tornado?
What the hell...???...
It's like you ignored me.
No, I just haven't responded to your last post yet. I am too busy doing other stuffs. You guys do realize I am usually multitasking when I'm posting, right=??? :laugh:

Right now I'm posting here, reading a book for school, playing Skyrim, doing my laundry, and watching a basketball game! :chuckle: :smirk: :grin:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
so... i only posted like, 400 posts in the old thread? (i only ever posted in smash 4 discussions and groups... groups don't count your overall posts)
hex posted here about the same amount i have... and i am still here and i still post... wow.

but wait... how did you encounter this data?

D

Deleted member

And so that asage doesn't think I'm "backing down":

"I didn't say you were, nor do I can what you're arguing about."
If you don't "can" what I'm arguing about, why twist it in such a way that makes it seem like I'm trying to fight against Victini? It's like all you live for is to protect Victini at all costs.

"Yeah, this is SSB, not Bloody Roar games. That *almost* sounded like Kuma talking."
Yes, because giving an example of floating working for another character from another game without being "protected" means I'm being like Kuma, who will go as far to say that certain characters should fight like other characters, like his case of Kumatora copying C. Viper.
I'm merely saying that being a floater wouldn't necessarily make a character immune in any way. Not that Mew should fight like Uranus just because they both float.
Next, I suppose you should argue against people that say Little Mac could work in Smash because Dudley and Balrog work in Street Fighter because they sound like Kuma.

"Sadly Pikachu? Lol... Sorry, but Pikachu's the most popular Pokemon around. AKA Mascot. Anyways, it seems that it didn't matter, because Mew was still a Poke ball, and Charizard became playable."
Read again, fool. I said "The ONLY Non-Legendaries sadly, are Pikachu and Eevee.". As in "There are too many Legendaries on the list IMO". It was nothing against Pikachu, so quit percieving what I'm saying as something else entirely.
And "mascot" does not mean "most popular". "Mascot" means "most iconic". After all, Pikachu isn't the most popular Pokemon in America, nor is it in Japan. That's right; Pika's no longer top dog in Japan either. As of pre-Unova, Arceus is. With Darkrai 2nd, and Deoxys 3rd.
The list came AFTER Brawl, smart one. And it's like you're trying to make multiple arguments after another, because again, and I'll make it clear to you, I AM NOT ARGUING FOR MEW TO BECOME PLAYABLE IN SMASH.
I mean, think of what you're saying for a minute:
A: "Charizard is WAY more popular than Mew!"
G: "In America yes, but not in Japan."
A: "Doesn't matter! It wasn't playable in Brawl!"

"If this was Melee time, I wouldn't argue this at all because I know Mew would have a huge chance at the time. But also note that three games have passed. Moveset-wise, Mew could throw a good moveset, but he'd have protections."
Seeing as you can't get it through you're thick skull that I'm not arguing for Mew to be in Smash, I can see why you can't bear to actually use your brain to figure out that Mew wouldn't necessarily have protections.

"Mew is not opposition; he's a joke."
And yet you treat the issue as if were against the oh so glorious flaming rat with buttwings.
With an attitude like yours, it's any wonder people would support Victini in the first place. At least SSBF was reasonable, and what he said actually lead me to believe that Victini was great for a long time.

Ranting over. Sorry you had to see that, everyone.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
^^^
Well Damn.

so... i only posted like, 400 posts in the old thread? (i only ever posted in smash 4 discussions and groups... groups don't count your overall posts)
hex posted here about the same amount i have... and i am still here and i still post... wow.

but wait... how did you encounter this data?
Click on the number of posts in this thread. Syrup and sephiroth have way more posts than they should.

VVV When you see the title of this thread under general brawl, next to it should be the time of the last replay and the # of replies. Click on the latter.
:phone:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i still don't know where but it's moot to smash speculation... speaking of Syrup... Captain Syrup. I want someone to give me a moveset... an original moveset. act like you're sakurai. he's made movesets from personality, from their backgrounds, from their art, from their game/s.

What can you take from anything to do with C. Syrup? she is a pirate, use that information... i want to see the best damn moveset period.... all of you do that, while i go to my background design class. (i might fail the class if i continually neglect doin the homework)

i want to see her on foot, no riding a mech... unless it's a final smash...

D

Deleted member

@ Metal
So that means Snake's bootie is confirmed for smash=??? :awesome:
Are you kiddin'? Snake will be cut, that's for sure, but Snake's *** will stay FOREVER.

...................at night.

D

Deleted member

^ Trololololo, that last part reminded me of that one episode of SpongeBob where SpongeBob and Squidward had to work night shifts
Yup. It's one of the many great sentence enders.

My top three would be:
"At night."
"On the bwead."
"SEXUALLY!"

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Back from working out, sad I have to get rid of my underarmor, it's being too Small.

Anyways, my sentence enders would be
  • yeah mother****er
  • Well Damn

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Anything else to talk about?i just want this to talk about what it has to talk about :/!(well,i just don't think everyone want to talk about it but,if you want to do so and let the others do something else it's fine)

I though of characters with multiple final smash,being because of some kind of second smash ball or an alternate one(ex:do it in air and it be different,press taunt and it changes)but i think it's kinda a crazy idea@_@

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Anything else to talk about?i just want this to talk about what it has to talk about :/!(well,i just don't think everyone want to talk about it but,if you want to do so and let the others do something else it's fine)

I though of characters with multiple final smash,being because of some kind of second smash ball or an alternate one(ex:do it in air and it be different,press taunt and it changes)but i think it's kinda a crazy idea@_@
Well, back when Brawl was new, I had a crazy idea that when you had a Smash Ball, pressing the B button with a direction on the control stick would create as many as 4 different Final Smashes. But I don't think my idea will ever happen since that would be too complicated and hard to remember all of them.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, I propose two final smashes to keep it simple. One super transformation (think Bowser transforming into Giga Bowser, Diddy Kong's Peanut Gun/Jetpack Barrage, Yoshi's Dragon form, the 3 Landmasters, Pikachu's Volt Tackle, Wario's Wario Man, R.O.B's laser beam thing Sonic's Super Sonic, etc) and one super attack (Mario's super fireball, Luigi's Negative Zone, Link's/Toon Link's Triforce Slash, Zelda's/Sheik's Light Arrow, Jigglypuff's Balloon Puff, Snake's Helicopter shooting thing, etc).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not really. In the pre-Brawl reading of the Japanese poll, he mentioned Ridley 3 times. He may or may not have considered him. Truth be told, there could be a dozen characters Sakurai and co considered in Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl that were never playable.
Well then, he considered him, and LOLed in that interview because its never happening, and then made up for it by saying "uh he could be slow? Is that okay?"

Which would you rather believe?...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It was FOUR times, and it's too bad we don't know what they said. They could have all been mentions of Ridley's Theme for all we know.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Still Shorts, we'll never know. Sakurai didn't rule out Ridley (or anyone) in the next smash bros. Given the small amount of characters anywhere near as significant to Nintendo as Ridley, he's obviously going to be towards the first characters discussed by the staff as to which to add as a playable character. I mean really, there are maybe half a dozen characters at most as important to Nintendo as Ridley or as well-received by the smash bros community as Ridley that haven't been playable in a smash bros game yet.

Also Ridley, before he became a boss, was originally suppose to be an assist trophy character, according to data found by hackers. ;)

Falco's Final Smash was also an Arwing. :awesome: "Personally, I prefer the air." :glare:

Wolf's should have been the Submarine from that one level in Star Fox 64, which should include the uber lag of that level from Star Fox 64. :laugh:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Come to think of it, it's pretty funny that just finding the names of characters mentioned on Sakurai's poll was the priority, instead of seeing what Sakurai actually said about the characters. IF ANYTHING.

Sakurai probably wasn't even the one doing the MENTIONING. That poll really means so LITTLE to us, yet for some reason we lived by it back in the Brawl days. >:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nah it was Sakurai alright... at least on that fan response thing SamuraiPanda translated. I asked around with some smashers who can read/translate Japanese, and from what I can gather Sakurai really likes communicating with fans... and he can be a d**k sometimes. :laugh:

Edit: I think it may have been SamuraiPanda who told me that Sakurai always was careful with his words, he used words wisely, and was always smart to reveal something that might spark interest out of nothing. I think Ness has been in Super Smash Bros. "up until now" is a perfect example of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom