• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I know. And I really want Toad to happen, otherwise we might end up with far less interesting characters as Bowser Jr., Waluigi or Dr.Mario. Or Rosalina. And really, I don't think either one of those 4 WON'T have similarities to the characters we already have. So yeah, Toad.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Underworld-stage ported straight from the game... noooo. (It wouldn't seriously work...) But a stage based around it is good.

But I agree with the whole city-stage idea. Maybe it could like the new Halberd with on rail madness!
It might be overkill, but it would be neat. Imagine playing in the classic Kid Icarus Underworld with 8-bit graphics in the Adventure Mode! That would rock my socks bro! :cool:
Samus, like a number of veteran characters, needs to be sent back to the drawing board. As unpopular as Samus was in Other M, I liked the way she moved in that game and would like her abilities to be based more on that in terms of movement.
How's about we keep her moveset fairly the same, try to go back to what made her so fun in Melee (epic missiles, good neutral B, infinite bombs, a good up B [make it stronger] and a few aerials). Overall, Samus' moveset is pretty good. Then maybe we add a move or two from Metroid Prime, Metroid Fusion, or Other M. Also, let's put nearly all of these new moves in newcomers instead of veterans. :reverse:
I was afraid it was going to be a Final Fantasy track (unless it comes from FFIV), but you can never go wrong with Chrono Trigger. Personally though I would prefer this song out of all the Chrono Trigger soundtrack, especially for Super Smash Bros. As far as SquareEnix goes, if I had to choose just one theme it would have to be this one. It is too beautiful for me to not choose.
Yeah, anything, whether it be a trophy, sticker, Chronicle reference, Masterpiece, NPC, boss, cameo, assist trophy character, item, stage, song, or even a playable character from Final Fantasy I-VI, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Dragon Quest/Warrior 1-6, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, etc. would be great IMO. Square Soft and Enix were both so awesome back in the 80's and early to mid 90's with so many classic games! I love all those games (plus more) to death bro! :)

Also, if Toad is playable, he could be BOTH Peach's neutral B and a separate character. That or Peach's neutral B could be Toadsworth (which would be funny). :smirk:

Edit: Personally, I would like Charizard and the Pokémon Trainer to remain the same, but on the other hand, I want a Charizard as a Pokéball Pokémon again. That or I would want to see another Pokémon use that flamethrower attack the same way. Infernape or Dragonite perhaps=??? :cool:

D

Deleted member

Oh, aren't we Mr. Sakurai?

Mew doesn't have a "smash" material moveset. Example: Mew doesn't walk. He floats, and not like Mewtwo. Victini walks, therefore giving him a "platform stance". Another reason is that when Mewtwo was seen for SSBM, Mew being playable didn't suit Sakurai's eyes, obviously. Remember, Mew has been a Pokeball for awhile. But just because Mew, a totally different Pokemon, was in a Pokeball does not prove in anyway shape or form that Victini will meet the same fate.

I've done my research. I've tested and manipulated Victini liability in the SSB enviorment. You really aren't arguing anything I haven't heard before.
This has to be the worst argument I've seen.
No "Smash" material moveset just because it doesn't walk? I'm sorry, but are you Mr. Sakurai? Just because someone happens to float and not stand on the ground means they can't work?
Solution: Have Mew hover close to the ground, and have it touch the ground when it crouches, lands from the air, trips (lol. float trip. :troll:), is dizzy, or is smashed to the floor.
And what does it's stance have to do with no "Smash" material moveset? I guess it doesn't matter that it has access to every TM/HM move among other moves it can learn, the fact it doesn't walk means it can't do anything. :glare:

At first glance, would you think of Ivysaur as being a workable character? I mean, the bugger is a full quadroped with tiny legs. How about R.O.B.? No feet at all and has (outside of Smash) arms that are stiff as Hell.

I know you love Victini and all, but don't make up random crap to support your cause. I was going to add Victini to my Roster, but after this, I'll pick someone else.

@Everyone in general: I also find the sheer stupidity of the concept that Waluigi would be a clone of Luigi to be deplorable.
I mean, I understand that some of you hate Waluigi. But to make up ******** claims such as "he'll be a clone" shows how foolish people think.
Such arguments can be made of Bowser Jr., as he can EASILY be a smaller, faster clone of Bowser. :glare:

Ranting over. If I seem over the edge, I apologize, but I wake up and try to catch up from pages before, and ignorance REALLY irks me when I wake up.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
One thing I wouldn't mind being changed is making Samus and Zero Suit Samus completely seperate characters that don't change after using the Final Smashes. I may be in the minority on that front, though.

As far as some of the other characters, I think Bowser could use some tweaking. In the Mario games he is actually pretty fast and can jump a lot higher. Though I do understand needing to keep him balanced.

And for God's sake, GET RID OF MARIO'S FLUDD!
This is why I want Dr. Mario though -- we change Mario more to suit a Galaxy/Sunshine-esque moveset, and have Dr Mario with his old Melee-ish moveset.

inb4 nerdrage

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, I when R.O.B. was confirmed as a enemy (and in most people's minds he was "unconfirmed") in Brawl, I actually thought based on what we saw of him he could make a great playable character. Boy was I right! :laugh: However, I was thinking about Smash 4, not Brawl then! :laugh:

With Ivysaur, I'm not totally surprised. He doesn't scream "PLAYABLE IN SMASH!" but neither did Jigglypuff.

@ Golden
The difference with Waluigi is he would probably be almost all gimmick-based specials. Piranha Plants? Throw shells? Puling out a dice? Using a tennis racket (Peach already does that)? Please. The only move that is a gimmick like that would be a Mario Kart racing Kart, and Wario already uses something similar (a bike).

There is no character like that in smash, nor should there ever be. Characters with gimmick moves are okay, but with Waluigi, that would consume most of his specials, and possibly most of his moves. Plus, quite frankly, the idea of a Mario spin-off based moveset bores most of us here (and many people have tried to "prove me wrong" with their movesets dozens of times after I jumped off the Waluigi bandwagon, all of which bored me), and would probably bore most Super Smash Bros. fans.

Edit: I do agree that Bowser Jr. could be a Bowser clone, though. I wouldn't mind that if Bowser Jr. was a late add-on clone, however. Personally though, I would like to see Bowser Jr. be original if he is playable, but have a similar "awesome" feel you get when you play Bowser, and some play style similarities. To me that would not just be appealing, it would also make for a potential great playable character in Bowser Jr. Truthfully, just about any newcomer could be a clone! Ganondorf is all the proof you need! :laugh:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Sorry i couldn't follow again,i'll post my idea,and i'll follow what you guyz are sayin'

So,the 3DS has demo now and the Wii U probably will,and when they will work on smash bros. we will surely have a demo,right?it's the most important game!
But what will there be in it?My hopes are:training,battle,and character we all know with a few new ones!
And you?

P.S:everytime i'm here,it doesn't update when someone else posts,but it did the first time i was here,a glitch?if it's not,where do i click to refresh(if there is something to click)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Everyone in general: I also find the sheer stupidity of the concept that Waluigi would be a clone of Luigi to be deplorable.
I mean, I understand that some of you hate Waluigi. But to make up ******** claims such as "he'll be a clone" shows how foolish people think.
Such arguments can be made of Bowser Jr., as he can EASILY be a smaller, faster clone of Bowser. :glare:
I think I'm in the minority here, but...
I don't think Waluigi would be a clone, as he could pull a lot from the Party/Kart/Sports games. I have actually somewhat stopped my Bowser Jr. support too, because of mainly the reasoning you gave. I just... don't want to see Waluigi over a much more prominent character, some of which that have their own series to rep(Paper Mario).

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Ok hold up a second. People seriously think that Higgs is the next best choice after Ridley?

I...I don't even...

So you guys are saying that a semi-important character in one game who was likely added just to be the token black guy, is more likely than Dark Samus, the MAIN VILLAIN of the Prime series, and Adam Malkovich, a HUGELY IMPORTANT character in TWO GAMES?

Hell, I'd put Melissa Bergman, the MP3 Hunters, and the MPH Hunters above him in terms of likelihood. At least they were important characters. All Anthony ever did was fall onto a lava golem and survive to come back at the end of the game.

I could MAYBE see him as Adam's alternate costume if Adam makes it in, but there's no way in hell he's making it in over Dark Samus or Adam.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Sorry i couldn't follow again,i'll post my idea,and i'll follow what you guyz are sayin'

So,the 3DS has demo now and the Wii U probably will,and when they will work on smash bros. we will surely have a demo,right?it's the most important game!
But what will there be in it?My hopes are:training,battle,and character we all know with a few new ones!
And you?

P.S:everytime i'm here,it doesn't update when someone else posts,but it did the first time i was here,a glitch?if it's not,where do i click to refresh(if there is something to click)
We might get a demo if the Wii U gives demos of new games coming out.

I sure hope we get one.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah it's probably a glitch (unless you aren't on a computer) or your browser. That or you are on a console.

But yeah, if we get a demo, it won't be for 2 or 3 years. The game just started development. We didn't get a Brawl demo until Brawl was 2 years in development, and it was only at E For All (in Los Angeles) and three other demos (all with a character difference or two) at various such Expos. One other one was in America, the third demo I forget where it was (either America, or Japan methinks), and a last one in Japan.

The E For All Demo people had to secretly film the game, and we actually discovered stuff that was in the game. Meta Knight was still the strongest then (followed oddly by Mario), King Dedede was also good, Bowser was great, and I believe Yoshi was pretty good, too. Yoshi, Bowser, and Mario got changed a lot (mostly weakened). The rest of the playable roster was mostly left the same. The only noticeable changes was that wavelanding went from excellent to awful, L-cancelling was cut, and a few Melee advanced techniques were removed with stale and slow gameplay! :laugh:

The characters on it were Mario, Bowser (all but one demo I think), Donkey Kong (one of the demos only), Diddy Kong, Link, Samus, Yoshi (I think only like 2 of the 3 or 4 demos), Meta Knight, maybe King Dedede or Kirby at a demo or two, Pikachu, the Pokémon Trainer at one Japanese demo, Wario at the second American demo, Pit, and Sonic at most (if not all) of the demos.

Snake, Fox, and Peach may or may not have been in one of the demos, too. I don't remember them that well, though.

@ wildvine
It's Impa all over again.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ok hold up a second. People seriously think that Higgs is the next best choice after Ridley?

I...I don't even...

So you guys are saying that a semi-important character in one game who was likely added just to be the token black guy, is more likely than Dark Samus, the MAIN VILLAIN of the Prime series, and Adam Malkovich, a HUGELY IMPORTANT character in TWO GAMES?

Hell, I'd put Melissa Bergman, the MP3 Hunters, and the MPH Hunters above him in terms of likelihood. At least they were important characters. All Anthony ever did was fall onto a lava golem and survive to come back at the end of the game.

I could MAYBE see him as Adam's alternate costume if Adam makes it in, but there's no way in hell he's making it in over Dark Samus or Adam.
I agree that Higgs is not the most probable choice. He is a secondary character at best, and a tertiary character at worse.

There are two villains, Ridley and Dark Samus. While I was not an advocate for Dark Samus when speculating for Brawl I would take her/it? over Higgs.

Sakurai should just suck it up, and make Ridley playable.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
If bowser jr is a clone i'd be dissapointed,i really want this one with no clone or poorly cloned character(similar moves,but REALLY not too much)

And it doesn't glitch anymore,i'm on a bad computer(it is so broken i'm actually on two computers)!

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I see lots of things here that want to make me argue.

At the same time, arguing with people here (even if it's not angry) is almost always the most futile thing one could possibly do. So I'll let it ride.

*puts on sunglasses and rolls down car window*

:phone:

D

Deleted member

@ Golden
The difference with Waluigi is he would probably be almost all gimmick-based specials. You don't know that. And to make assuptions like that would be the same as the Krystal "fans" that assume she can't be a clone in any way, shape or form because she has a magic stick. Piranha Plants? Throw shells? Puling out a dice? Using a tennis racket (Peach already does that)? She also uses a frying pan. I guess Game & Watch should not have his Chef move. Ice Climbers have hammers; Dedede should not have been in Brawl. See where I'm going with this? Please. The only move that is a gimmick like that would be a Mario Kart racing Kart, and Wario already uses something similar (a bike).

There is no character like that in smash, nor should there ever be. Game & Watch says "Beep." (Hi.)Characters with gimmick moves are okay, but with Waluigi, that would consume most of his specials, and possibly most of his moves. Plus, quite frankly, the idea of a Mario spin-off based moveset bores most of us here (and many people have tried to "prove me wrong" with their movesets dozens of times after I jumped off the Waluigi bandwagon, all of which bored me), and would probably bore most Super Smash Bros. fans.[/COLOR]
All I've seen for arguments against Waluigi in this are pure assumption and personal bias.
I'm dropping this here, seeing as this will only end up like arguing with Shortie about Krystal.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Suck it up? I don't recall Sakurai ever being reluctant to make Ridley playable
Sakurai pretty much has NEVER tried to make Ridley playable. It's pretty obvious he had never thought of Ridley as playable material prior to that interview.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I don't recall Sakurai ever being reluctant to make Ridley playable

Wich reminds me that Sakurai always wanted a lot more content than what's in the games but he always couldn't,and they were many characters,we may don't even know all the deleted characters and maybe ridley was a deleted...but we also may never know!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This has to be the worst argument I've seen.
*just woke up* Sigh.... Let's hear it.
No "Smash" material moveset just because it doesn't walk? I'm sorry, but are you Mr. Sakurai? Just because someone happens to float and not stand on the ground means they can't work?
If you used (A)v normal with Ness or Lucario, you won't hit Mew. Therefore, he hasprotection to some moves. Yes that's bad.
Solution: Have Mew hover close to the ground, and have it touch the ground when it crouches, lands from the air, trips (lol. float trip. :troll:), is dizzy, or is smashed to the floor.
Oh yeah, that's a moveset looking for abuse. Competitive players will hog over that :rolleyes: Sorry, but I don't see that happening. Not Sakurai'in, but when has a character even done this?
And what does it's stance have to do with no "Smash" material moveset? I guess it doesn't matter that it has access to every TM/HM move among other moves it can learn, the fact it doesn't walk means it can't do anything. :glare:
How long has Mew been a Poke ball? I rest my case.
At first glance, would you think of Ivysaur as being a workable character? I mean, the bugger is a full quadroped with tiny legs. How about R.O.B.? No feet at all and has (outside of Smash) arms that are stiff as Hell.
Here's a lil' bio about my movesets: I've done Bulbasaur and Ivysaur back in pre-Melee. I know about likeliness. As for ROB, I had no idea who he was at the time, but when I did, I understood how he could work as soon as they released character reveal. There's a difference between immunity and rolling. As for stiff arms, that's not even close to Jiggz's tiny stubs.
I know you love Victini and all, but don't make up random crap to support your cause. I was going to add Victini to my Roster, but after this, I'll pick someone else.
Make up random crap? LOLOLOLOLOL Mew has been a Pokeball forever, now. Like **** it matters. Also, I don't care what you put in your Not Sakurai Approved roster (I don't give a **** about any of the rosters made here anyways.)
Realistically, I can bump Mew just because he's been a PokeBall legend for the entire Smash series. Charizard is more popular than Mew, so him becoming a playable character doesn't count. Also note that Mew didn't become playable again in SSBB. Do the math; chances are he won't come back. Into movesets, any character can have a moveset, but it's how it works in the Smash enviorment. Example: Mewtwo worked because he was tall (yeah, that does count when you talk about floating) and was known for his fighting. Mew in the SSBB era went into a movie with Lucario. This movie shined Lucario more than a, please note, Pokemon from the 1st generation. Clearly outclassed once again by the newcomer rookie, Mew is clearly pushed to the side for fighty Pokemon. Victini is fighty. Hell, he blew up a sheild that Reshiram and Zekrom couldn't blow up. But that's getting off track.
My point is that Mew has been pushed to the side for other characters many times. By the past bias, this proves that Mew, along with Impa and DHD, aren't likely because they haven't even been thought of as characters (If I'm wrong, please give me a link. I fear I might of missed something, but I have heard nothing of Sakurai and Mew).
Responses in red. I go by what Sakurai has done before, minus the mistakes. Mew has been a Poke Ball for the last three games. Chances are, his Poke Ball is taking a feather duster to his pride.

Victory over Pink cats :glare:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You don't know that. And to make assuptions like that would be the same as the Krystal "fans" that assume she can't be a clone in any way, shape or form because she has a magic stick.
Every single moveset I have seen has had that. What makes it any different=???

No, it is nothing like Krystal. You see, pre-Brawl I felt Krystal wasn't a shoe-in, but pretty close. Then I realized "hey, Star Fox Adventures, Assault, and Command don't matter to the smash bros development team." Sakurai and co have not shown an ounce of interest in making a Mario spin-off character a playable character, except Yoshi and Wario, who now are the main characters of three separate series (much like how the Mario series is arguably a spin-off of the Donkey Kong franchise).

The thing, again, with Krystal is that is that she is seen as a Scrappy Doo of the franchise. Once she showed up, it was okay. But afterwards, gold turned into feces, and the series became largely forgotten by the same people who grew up with it, such as myself. It is also likely that the series will move on without her, or with minimal involvement.
She also uses a frying pan. I guess Game & Watch should not have his Chef move. Ice Climbers have hammers; Dedede should not have been in Brawl. See where I'm going with this?
The difference is they all use them in their games, they are the only ones to use those moves, and they aren't gimmicks. Peach uses the frying pan in Super Mario RPG. Mr. Game & Watch used his chef move, which is a standard projectile.

The thing is, the "Piranha Plant" move... what you control a Piranha Plant. That will make a lot of people want to play as Waluigi.

Ice Climbers use a hammer that is small, and attack at different angles, styles, etc than King Dedede and his mallet. Some moves they do use it similarly (their forward tilt, their down smash), however, overwhelmingly they use their weapons much differently. Ice Climbers do a lot of stabs and typical "hit the gopher" hammer moves (along with "ice" moves. King Dedede uses his mallet only for a few stabs, a power attack, and lunges.

King Dedede has about 6 moves that involve his mallet (I'm not counting grab hits). The Ice Climbers use their hammers for almost all of their tilts, aerials, and smash attacks.

Plus quite frankly, the idea of a character moveset that involves using golf clubs, tennis rackets, karts, Mario Party items, and other moves that other Mario franchise characters don't use bores me, and I think it would bore most smash bros fans.
Game & Watch says "Beep." (Hi.)
Game & Watch's special moves are not much different from every other characters' special moves. His down B is a counter/reverse move (there's lots of those in fighting games), his neutral B is a projectile attack, and his up B is very similar to Peach's up B. His down air is similar to Toon Link's. The only real "gimmick" are his movement, forward B, and the way some of his moves look. If you think about it, Game & Watch's style and gameplay isn't much different from everyone else.
All I've seen for arguments against Waluigi in this are pure assumption and personal bias.
I'm dropping this here, seeing as this will only end up like arguing with Shortie about Krystal.
Yeah because all of the movesets involve Waluigi are based on gimmicks. Krystal, while she could be a clone, could actually make for an interesting character. The prospect of Waluigi being a playable character with all those gimmicks in all those awfully boring movesets bores me to death. And if you don't have biases, you don't have an opinion. Sakurai, in all honesty, is as biased as anyone on here, which helps influence him as to which characters to choose (along with the biases of the staff that helps choose characters for each smash bros game).
Sakurai pretty much has NEVER tried to make Ridley playable. It's pretty obvious he had never thought of Ridley as playable material prior to that interview.
Not really. In the pre-Brawl reading of the Japanese poll, he mentioned Ridley 3 times. He may or may not have considered him. Truth be told, there could be a dozen characters Sakurai and co considered in Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl that were never playable.

@ Kuma
I think Capcom is showing they are w***ing off Roll the same way they have w***ed off their fans... :smirk:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
On a lighter note, anyone else remember the Congratulations screens from 64? I'd like Smash 4 to have those kind of screens again
They actually did that with Melee, too (although it didn't look like a comic strip).

Personally, I like the "victory" little clips (preferably 2-6 of them) for each character, along with perhaps multiple pictures, including ones from gameplay, and ones that are stylistically like Smash 64's/Melee's/maybe even a new direction. You know, have a few different pitches and stuff. :cool:

Also, you know what everyone always want in a new smash bros game=???
LOTS OF STUFF!!
LOTS OF STUFF FOR THE WIN!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Edit: Imma gonna start centering a lot more of my posts! It looks way cooler bro! :awesome:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
And finally,the glitch is still there...

I would like the screens,it was funny when it was silly screenshots,but i like the unique screens better.Some of the screens looked like they came from a game(maybe some did,but my 64 don't have lots of game)

WTF NOW IT DOESN'T GLITCH!!!

D

Deleted member

Responses in red. I go by what Sakurai has done before, minus the mistakes. Mew has been a Poke Ball for the last three games. Chances are, his Poke Ball is taking a feather duster to his pride.

Victory over Pink cats :glare:
You really don't understand my argument, do you? I'm not arguing FOR Mew. I'm arguing AGAINST the bull**** excuses on why Mew can't work. I couldn't care less about Mew being playable.

As for when has a character floated in a fighting game before, there's Uranus from the Bloody Roar games when she's in her human form. Low attacks still work against her, as they would for Mew.

Furthermore, I want to mention, that while Charizard is more popular in America, Mew is within the Top 10 in Japan. Charizard is not even in the Top 10 there (sadly, the only non-Legendaries are Pikachu and Eevee.). And Mew is still very popular within America as well.

And once again, I'm not arguing for Mew to be playable. However, there is something interesting. Mew was within the Top 10 in Japan for the Pre-Melee poll. So it's not like Mew being playable would've been Farfetch'd. Nowadays, that is the case, but still would like to point out that tidbit.

You can't handle anything you percieve as opposition to Tini, can you?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I thought Melee and Brawl both had the congratulations screens, but had ingame pictures, rather than those things that 64 had.

So anyways, how was everyone's interpretation of how the power system works in Kid Icarus Uprising?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Pieman
You are correct, but many of us like the cartoon/anime/comic book art of the "Congratulation" screens from Smash 64.

@ asgae and Golden
Any Pokémon could be a playable character. I don't think Sakurai has ever shown any "love" towards Mew as a potential playable character. However, that doesn't mean he has or hasn't (in the past or present). Heck, a pile of dirt could be a playable character in smash.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You really don't understand my argument, do you? I'm not arguing FOR Mew. I'm arguing AGAINST the bull**** excuses on why Mew can't work. I couldn't care less about Mew being playable.
I didn't say you were, nor do I can what you're arguing about.
As for when has a character floated in a fighting game before, there's Uranus from the Bloody Roar games when she's in her human form. Low attacks still work against her, as they would for Mew.
Yeah, this is SSB, not Bloody Roar games. That *almost* sounded like Kuma talking.
Furthermore, I want to mention, that while Charizard is more popular in America, Mew is within the Top 10 in Japan. Charizard is not even in the Top 10 there (sadly, the only non-Legendaries are Pikachu and Eevee.). And Mew is still very popular within America as well.
Sadly Pikachu? Lol... Sorry, but Pikachu's the most popular Pokemon around. AKA Mascot. Anyways, it seems that it didn't matter, because Mew was still a Poke ball, and Charizard became playable.
And once again, I'm not arguing for Mew to be playable. However, there is something interesting. Mew was within the Top 10 in Japan for the Pre-Melee poll. So it's not like Mew being playable would've been Farfetch'd. Nowadays, that is the case, but still would like to point out that tidbit.
If this was Melee time, I wouldn't argue this at all because I know Mew would have a huge chance at the time. But also note that three games have passed. Moveset-wise, Mew could throw a good moveset, but he'd have protections.
You can't handle anything you percieve as opposition to Tini, can you?
Mew is not opposition; he's a joke.
Answers in Red.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So anyways, how was everyone's interpretation of how the power system works in Kid Icarus Uprising?
It is basically an advanced form of the sticker system implemented in Brawl. Which is what I was wagering was going to end up being implemented into Super Smash Bros 4. However, it looks like Sakurai implemented the system into Kid Icarus first.

Why are we arguing over Mew? As far as floating characters go, does everyone suddenly forget Mewtwo?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Tbh the argument is a joke

He is making a point for why any character can be added or made playable, not just pokemon per se.

On other hand

You are defending Victini.

Neither side has a real point to meet and make an actual debate where points and counters can be exchanged due to the stances are not on same spectrum to be opposing forces.

@Star: It's more like we've forgotten how actually address an opposing position.

Sadface.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I might secondary Mew just for that.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 86,676
User Name Posts
♛SuperOmega™ 9,520
Oasis_S 4,385
Starphoenix 3,606
Shortiecanbrawl 3,530
Super Smash Bros. Fan 3,276
xIblisx 3,057
berserker01 3,023
Metal Overlord 3,004
asage94 2,937
Diddy Kong 2,387
HyperFalcon 2,338
KumaOso 2,135
nLiM8d 2,060
Johnknight1 1,700
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy 1,552
PsychoIncarnate 1,370
ChronoBound 1,335
GoldenYuiitusin 1,245
TheFirstPoppyBro 1,222
Young Horsetail 967
Opelucid 944
MechaWave 919
Luco 914
Arcadenik 844
y.toonlink 793
Kantrip 793
augustoflores 785
HextupleyooDOT 741
JavaCroc 657
yani 635
xXIke-SamaXx 621
yusuke 603
army man 592
Opossum 582
SmashChu 566
Chris the Ripper 560
disfunkshunal 559
Steam 558
Sonic Poke 548
yani_ 485
Hoots 484
SwayneGang 442
shinhed-echi 435
Thino 403
Master Rapier 402
Barbasol 380
Sephirothxxx 363
BirthNote 334
majora_787 275
Pichu Fan 274
Phostopheles 267
Thrillhouse-vh. 265
BlueberrySyrup 262
refugee 248
Madame puff 237
vicgur 232
Pieman0920 228
Sunnysunny 225
LC-DDM 215
GiantBreadbug 209
Wow I can't believe Chris, I mean Willis, is still that high compared to how much some people post in here. I'm surprised I'm still that high. LOL Omega

D

Deleted member

Every single moveset I have seen has had that. What makes it any different=???

No, it is nothing like Krystal. You see, pre-Brawl I felt Krystal wasn't a shoe-in, but pretty close. Then I realized "hey, Star Fox Adventures, Assault, and Command don't matter to the smash bros development team." Sakurai and co have not shown an ounce of interest in making a Mario spin-off character a playable character, except Yoshi and Wario, who now are the main characters of three separate series (much like how the Mario series is arguably a spin-off of the Donkey Kong franchise). You misinterperet. I said assuming that Waluigi would only have gimmicks for moves is like assuming Krystal won't be a clone just because she has a staff. I was in no way comparing Waluigi to Krystal herself.
Also, making Waluigi a Fighter styled Assist Trophy showed at least an "ounce" of interest. Otherwise, he could've just used Bowser Jr. That, and he even states within the Dojo that being an Assist Trophy means he won't be playable, but Waluigi appears nonetheless, as if he was happy to see him in some form.
And even on Waluigi's trophy description, he is said to have had "many brilliant game appearances since his debut".
I'm not arguing that Waluigi is "deserving", as I agree that Toad and Jr. come before him, nor am I arguing that he is most likely. I'm just arguing that Waluigi doesn't have as low a shot as people want to believe.

The thing, again, with Krystal is that is that she is seen as a Scrappy Doo of the franchise. Once she showed up, it was okay. But afterwards, gold turned into feces, and the series became largely forgotten by the same people who grew up with it, such as myself. It is also likely that the series will move on without her, or with minimal involvement.

The difference is they all use them in their games, they are the only ones to use those moves, and they aren't gimmicks. Peach uses the frying pan in Super Mario RPG. Mr. Game & Watch used his chef move, which is a standard projectile. I really don't think you understand what a "gimmick" is. Either way, Waluigi has shown abilities that no other character in his series can do as well. For example, controlling thorns (including a thorn whip) and teleporting in shadows in Mario Strikers Charged, swimming in air in various titles, create tornados, and even use various mechanical contraptions, like the four-armed ball/puck shooter from Sports Mix. This is only a taste of what Waluigi has shown.

The thing is, the "Piranha Plant" move... what you control a Piranha Plant. That will make a lot of people want to play as Waluigi. Ooh. A magic stick will make people want to play as a space furry.
Waluigi's got more abilities unique to him available, as stated.

Ice Climbers use a hammer that is small, and attack at different angles, styles, etc than King Dedede and his mallet. Some moves they do use it similarly (their forward tilt, their down smash), however, overwhelmingly they use their weapons much differently. Ice Climbers do a lot of stabs and typical "hit the gopher" hammer moves (along with "ice" moves. King Dedede uses his mallet only for a few stabs, a power attack, and lunges.

King Dedede has about 6 moves that involve his mallet (I'm not counting grab hits). The Ice Climbers use their hammers for almost all of their tilts, aerials, and smash attacks. Peach only uses the Tennis Racket for one move. Waluigi, as shown in Brawl, would likey use it as a general weapon such as the mallet users and sword users.

Plus quite frankly, the idea of a character moveset that involves using golf clubs, tennis rackets, karts, Mario Party items, and other moves that other Mario franchise characters don't use bores me, and I think it would bore most smash bros fans. Except for, you know, moves only Waluigi could do anyway?

Game & Watch's special moves are not much different from every other characters' special moves. His down B is a counter/reverse move (there's lots of those in fighting games), his neutral B is a projectile attack, and his up B is very similar to Peach's up B. His down air is similar to Toon Link's. The only real "gimmick" are his movement, forward B, and the way some of his moves look. If you think about it, Game & Watch's style and gameplay isn't much different from everyone else. Again, we need to go over what "gimmick" means. As to call Waluigi spawning various tools to fight being "gimmicky" while Game & Watch doing the exact same thing is not is hypocritical.

Yeah because all of the movesets involve Waluigi are based on gimmicks. Krystal, while she could be a clone, could actually make for an interesting character. The prospect of Waluigi being a playable character with all those gimmicks in all those awfully boring movesets bores me to death. And if you don't have biases, you don't have an opinion. Sakurai, in all honesty, is as biased as anyone on here, which helps influence him as to which characters to choose (along with the biases of the staff that helps choose characters for each smash bros game). Again, stop generalizing and misusing the word "gimmick".
Responses in red. Seriously, I know you hate Waluigi, but would it kill you to do research before you accuse him of being "gimmick" based and not having abilities of his own?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm 14th=??? o.O

I'm surprised I'm that high. I never posted on this thread (aside from once or twice) until this Summer and Spring. 1,700 even eh (now 1701). That's pretty cool bro! :laugh:

LOL at Omega. His posts were almost always three lines are less! XD :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Tbh the argument is a joke

He is making a point for why any character can be added or made playable, not just pokemon per se.

On other hand

You are defending Victini.

Neither side has a real point to meet and make an actual debate where points and counters can be exchanged due to the stances are not on same spectrum to be opposing forces.

@Star: It's more like we've forgotten how actually address an opposing position.

Sadface.
This. asage, can you turn off your "Victini Rage" mode for once to hear out what I'm actually arguing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom