• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The DSI/ 3DS ware company "WayForward" has made some interesting games with some great characters.

Shantae would make an excellent character in smash

I just bought Risky's Revenge and Mighty Switch Force

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Totally stole this from Toise's post in the back room. :troll: Okay, this is what he had to say about Saki.

*** Saki Mammamia ***

Anyone else notice Sakurai's obsession with arcade shooters?

Kirby's Dream Land - Kabula Fight
Kirby's Adventure - Nightmare Fight
Kirby Super Star - Heart of Nova

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Credits
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Roll Call
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Coin Launcher
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Flight Gameplay

Not to mention all the Star Fox love and endorsing Sin & Punishment on the Dojo. My money says this is relevant, even if S&P2 bombed hard.

That's fine and dandy... but I think Duck Hunt Dog would be a good choice considering Duck Hunt is Nintendo's most famous arcade shooter from the beginning of the video game history.
I c wut u did there...

Anyways, it is kind of funny but the aerial sections in Kid Icarus look a lot like Sin and Punishment: Star Successor. Even though Sakurai loves arcade shooters I doubt that is really a boon for Saki.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even though I do not have a 3DS I'm excited for Kid Icarus to come out. Have a feeling the game will do well if Nintendo markets it.

Seems like the general consensus for the composer is that it is Motoi Sakuraba. Cannot wait to find out who it is. Those few couple of tracks we heard were phenomenal.
I pre-ordered Uprising last night. When I am doing the survey on Club Nintendo, I am going to ask for Palutena and Medusa as new playable characters, Eggplant Wizard as an Assist Trophy, and Underworld as a new stage. It might not mean much but at least every little support helps. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rather have medusa in every way as a playable character than Palutena.

I ordered Kid Icarus the other day when I saw Gamestop had the original Kid Icarus in 3D as a preorder bonus

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I pre-ordered Uprising last night. When I am doing the survey on Club Nintendo, I am going to ask for Palutena and Medusa as new playable characters, Eggplant Wizard as an Assist Trophy, and Underworld as a new stage. It might not mean much but at least every little support helps. ;)
Yeah, I have a feeling the Kid Icarus: Uprising stage we have in the next game is going to be based around somewhere in the Underworld. In my stage poll alone the Underworld is one of the top requested stages, so for what that is worth it is something. Plus it would be a nice contrast. You have Skyworld returning, and then you have the Underworld.

Which reminds me. Sakurai should not split up the returning and new stages again. Should have them all on one screen, so that way some of the psychological problems can be taken care of.

Also been rethinking my ideas on a Sin and Punishment stage.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm not too interested in the stage for once, more of the music. :p

I do have doubts, however, that it will be Underworld. Just a feeling I'm getting from the focus of the trailers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have they shown any of the underworld from Uprising yet?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Please tell me more.

IneedtomakeanAiranoneofthose. :3

And of course Underworld will be a stage, since Medusa will of course be playable.
I'm calling the first song for My Music in the Underworld stage:
http://youtu.be/u2S2h24xuZI

Also, my idea was that if Saki is playable it does not make much sense to have a stage from Sin and Punishment: Star Successor as a stage. I was thinking of a stage from the first level, in the city, on the roof top where Saki fights Radon. Standard Battlefield type pattern, but with a lot more Sin and Punishment flair going on in the background. The design can be a mix between the original Sin and Punishment and Star Successor. After all, what are a few design liberties to Super Smash Bros? Still would go by the same name, Urban Ruins, but the design would be focused more on the original game.

Just kicking around ideas

I'm not too interested in the stage for once, more of the music. :p

I do have doubts, however, that it will be Underworld. Just a feeling I'm getting from the focus of the trailers.
No, it will be. Or at least one.

Have they shown any of the underworld from Uprising yet?
In bits and pieces between the trailers. It looks pretty fantastic, for an Underworld that is.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Assist Trophy Anthony Dojo update would be a sad day... :c
He'll be lucky if he's even that.

@ Ark
The Underworld totally NEEDS TO BE A STAGE! YESSSS!!!!

Also, I got a "gut feeling" we might get two Kid Icarus stages (or that at least two will be worked on) with at least one coming straight from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Edit: This song would be perfect in an (aquatic) Mario stage or even a Mario Kart stage!

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No, it will be. Or at least one.
I wouldn't say will, but it is an area that stands out. Anyway it's just a feeling I have looking at the trailers and all of the urban areas.

Admittingly though, two stages would make sense, Underworld just doesn't sound like a starter.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Star
You are correct. Keep all the stages on one screen. Have a button for the Custom Stages, and have them scroll out when you select it. Easier access = easier to navigate= I want to look at the HUGE amount of stages! :cool:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't say will, but it is an area that stands out. Anyway it's just a feeling I have looking at the trailers and all of the urban areas.

Admittingly though, two stages would make sense, Underworld just doesn't sound like a starter.
Just you wait mister, I'll convince you yet. ;)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Underworld and a City stage from Uprising should both be starter stages, just like Frigate Orpheon and Norfair for Metroid. :samus: They just... "are." :pit: The Underworld is where you start in Kid Icarus, and it just feels like a perfect starting stage. ;) It could be big, have multiple levels, and possibly be a moving level! Heck, it could even be the level straight out of the original Kid Icarus, graphics and everything! :cool:

A city from Uprising maybe doesn't fit as well, but it should at least be one of the first stages you unlock. :bee: Those city levels on Kid Icarus: Uprising would make great stages, and could be like a cross between Saffron City, Onett, and Mute City. :) Or at least, that is how I envision it working. :cool: I see them as slow moving stages that go from ground to building to sky like that bro Pit when he shoots down all dem enemies. :grin:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, why? And that's pretty cool. let's see how unplayable at a high level they try to make it this time.

Edit: Shoutouts to the people preordering a game they haven't even bother to see gameplay for.
I think I'm gonna like you.

If Sakurai indeed a fan of arcade shooters, then Japan would absolutely go bonkers if this got into Smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, that song is up there with the best overworld themes man. The original Legend of Zelda Hyrule Overworld, the A Link to the Past Hyrule Field theme, the Great Sea theme from the Wind Waker, "the Great Sea is cursed" theme from the Wind Waker, the Ocarina of Time Hyrule Field theme, the Final Fantasy VI Overworld theme (also known as the theme or Terra), the EarthBound Onett theme (if you don't tap your foot or do something to the rhythm, you are a depressing person), the EarthBound version of the Snowman theme, the Mega Man 3 title theme, the Donkey Kong Country title theme (the first time I heard this, I was BLOWN AWAY!), the DKC map theme, the Metroid Prime title theme, the Super Metroid title theme, the Metroid title screen theme, the Metroid Brinstar theme, the Metroid: Zero Mission Brinstar theme, the Kid Icarus title/Underworld theme, the Sonic the Hedgehog title jingle, and the Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island map screen (how is this not in smash=???) are up there, too.

Personally, my favorite title theme/overworld theme of all-time has to be the Metroid Prime 3: Corruption title theme. It's just so... perfect. It feels like everything Metroid. The drama, the tension, the fear, everything wrapped up into one song. I heard it when I first put in the disc, and I didn't play the game for an hour. AN HOUR! I got the game brand new, and I straight up didn't play it! It was one of those surreal moments where you think "this is a song and a moment I will never forget." If this song, a variation of this song, or parts of this song aren't in the next smash, I will personally infect the Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS development team with Phazon! :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Screw it, just return every song from from Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl in Smash Wii U and 3DS.

Any complaints=??? No=??? Good, let's move on to which songs to add. Like the title theme of Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Edit: As much as I like the original and the Brawl remake of the Athletic theme, a cutesy, funny, unique remix of the Athletic theme is required in smash. End of discussion.

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
LOL He doesn't know who I am when we speak of the Victorious Victini... Cute.

Here's my response via what we've learned about the Pokemon series. It's in my Victini blog as a rough draft. No one commented on it, so I guess now's the perfect time to post it.

Victorious Keys: Victini’s for SSB4 (Title)

Okay, so let’s face it- Playable Pokemon characters is and has been the most argued over section of Super Smash Brothers. The reason for this is quite simple. There are more than 600+ Pokemon, each having their own unique capabilities, but we can narrow down who might actually get into a Smash game due to their overall appearances/abilities.

For example, where we’d start figuring who might get in started with Mewtwo. Let’s see here… He had a popular movie and overall huge popularity in the Smash community and outside, which is the Pokemon community. Also, to make sure we don’t point at Magikarp and Feebas for being liable playable characters, he has a Smash-reliable moveset, including (A) moves and jumps.

To also add to the assumption that movie, popularity, and relevancy are the keys of discovering a new Pokemon character, we have Lucario. Lucario had a movie, became more popular than Blaziken and Deoxys, which would have been valid options at the crunch time for Brawl’s release, and was more close to Brawl’s release then the two options. Pichu was in SSBM because of his popularity, while being second banana to the mascot of Pokemon, Pikachu. Jigglypuff is part of the original 12, allowing her a VIP pass in SSB, so to speak, and Red (Pokemon Trainer) was in because of his Pokémon’s popularity, along with his. So, in short, Pokemon characters are chosen by their significance of the present date. Some would argue that Red is the breaker of that logic, but his appearance in Fire Red and Leaf Green denies the perishing.

Okay, now that I said that, let me explain why we can push Zoroark aside, and put Victini into SSB4. Zoroark did have a movie and is very popular in Japan, please note that. Victini has superiority in all slots, except Popularity, which he’s catching up on. He had two movies, being Victini and Reshiram and Victini and Zekrom. This, alone, beats Mewtwo and Lucario, along with Zoroark. Though he isn’t as popular as Zoroark, Victini is still quite popular, and one of the people who like him directs the Pokemon series itself: Junichi Masuda. Junichi Masuda is one of the founding members of Game Freak and serves as the Director of the Board. He is best known as a game director and composer for the Pokémon games. According to an IGN interview, Victini is Junichi Masuda's favorite Generation V Pokémon. Also, as a fun fact, he also likes Pichu, as he did in pre-Melee. Also, his arrival on the scene is much bigger than Zoroark’s.

The point I’m trying to break to you is this. Pokemon characters are argued over by far more than any other series for SSB. With what we’ve seen, there are three basic elements, or keys, that let a Pokemon be playable: Popularity, movie appearance, and relevancy.
And I don't really disagree with anything you really said. But solely using the past as a basis for Smash 4, I think it's safe to assume that Victini will be relegated to the mentioned 'Pokeball Special' status. You also mentioned something about Victini having two films, trumping Zoruark and Lucario...irrelevant considering Mew was featured in two films of his own at the very least(I lost track of featured Pokemon after Zoruarks film). Where was he? 'Pokeball Special' says hi.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
And I don't really disagree with anything you really said. But solely using the past as a basis for Smash 4, I think it's safe to assume that Victini will be relegated to the mentioned 'Pokeball Special' status. You also mentioned something about Victini having two films, trumping Zoruark and Lucario...irrelevant considering Mew was featured in two films of his own at the very least(I lost track of featured Pokemon after Zoruarks film). Where was he? 'Pokeball Special' says hi.
Oh, aren't we Mr. Sakurai?

Mew doesn't have a "smash" material moveset. Example: Mew doesn't walk. He floats, and not like Mewtwo. Victini walks, therefore giving him a "platform stance". Another reason is that when Mewtwo was seen for SSBM, Mew being playable didn't suit Sakurai's eyes, obviously. Remember, Mew has been a Pokeball for awhile. But just because Mew, a totally different Pokemon, was in a Pokeball does not prove in anyway shape or form that Victini will meet the same fate.

I've done my research. I've tested and manipulated Victini liability in the SSB enviorment. You really aren't arguing anything I haven't heard before.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The Underworld and a City stage from Uprising should both be starter stages, just like Frigate Orpheon and Norfair for Metroid. :samus: They just... "are." :pit: The Underworld is where you start in Kid Icarus, and it just feels like a perfect starting stage. ;) It could be big, have multiple levels, and possibly be a moving level! Heck, it could even be the level straight out of the original Kid Icarus, graphics and everything! :cool:

A city from Uprising maybe doesn't fit as well, but it should at least be one of the first stages you unlock. :bee: Those city levels on Kid Icarus: Uprising would make great stages, and could be like a cross between Saffron City, Onett, and Mute City. :) Or at least, that is how I envision it working. :cool: I see them as slow moving stages that go from ground to building to sky like that bro Pit when he shoots down all dem enemies. :grin:
Underworld-stage ported straight from the game... noooo. (It wouldn't seriously work...) But a stage based around it is good.

But I agree with the whole city-stage idea. Maybe it could like the new Halberd with on rail madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom