• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Waluigi shouldn't be in Smash... at least not before Toad gets in first and Bowser Jr. gets in second. I mean, what's it about Waluigi that makes him noteworthy to be included in Smash? What's it he's done to warrant inclusion? Tingle, while he's hated, at least had his own game series and had recurring roles in the main Zelda games. Duck Hunt Dog, while he's hated, at least is a classic gaming icon, not just Nintendo's history but video game history in general and he's practically the face of Zapper Light Gun and Duck Hunt.
Apart from the fact that he's appeared in several spin-offs, Waluigi really doesn't offer much. His history is real sketchy anyway. At least Toad, Bowser Jr., and even Rosalina, have backstories.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toad and Bowser Jr., take priority. But I'd also say we should take a look at the likes of Paper Mario, Rosalina and even Birdo (to replace the Sheik as a travestite character :troll: ) before Waluigi.

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Apart from the fact that he's appeared in several spin-offs, Waluigi really doesn't offer much. His history is real sketchy anyway. At least Toad, Bowser Jr., and even Rosalina, have backstories.
That reminds me. I really love the backstory they gave for Rosalina. The music really set the mood for that part of the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want Toad more, cause then we have a Mario light weight character.

Also, can I say regarding Anthony how he would make a more logical inclusion over Dark Samus: it's to make the regular Samus stand out more. She deserves that special attention so to say.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No matter how you slice and dice it though, Waluigi will likely be sticking around as an Assist Trophy. Still, I'll take his as an Assist Trophy over not seeing him at all.
I can apply that to Samurai Goroh, Isaac, Saki, Kat and Ana, and so on.

Sure we want to go there with the "likely" bit?

I agree that he shouldn't be playable before more important characters, but applying "likely" is a bad idea, since he's already more likely than Toad or Jr., as stupid as it seems.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This. Toad, Bowser Jr. and even Rosalina debuted in a main Mario game and had major roles in them. This isn't about why Waluigi isn't deserving... it is about why Waluigi shouldn't get in before other noteworthy Mario characters. I mean, the general public likes Toad, Bowser Jr., Rosalina, and Waluigi, yes... but the fans, the ones who nitpick things about Mario games, would rather have Toad and Bowser Jr. before they move on with the likes of Rosalina and Waluigi. If Toad and/or Bowser Jr. are added, the general public and the fans are both happy. If Rosalina and/or Waluigi are added, the general public might be happy but the fans might not.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oddly, Rosalina pretty much has the most detailed backstory among all the Mario Universe characters.
Her backstory also goes into some rather dark elements, not things you'd easily want to bring up to a child. Then her "theme" is an instant tear jerker that is impossible to hate.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah Waluigi shouldn't come before the likes of Bowser Jr. and Toad. Waluigi may have been around longer than Bowser Jr., but the latter actually had mainstream involvement.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Geno? No, they need to add Toad and Bowser Jr. first before they resort to adding obscure one-time Mario characters like Geno. And they need to add BOTH Mallow and Geno, not just Geno... BOTH OR NOTHING. And Dr. Mario can be back as an alternate costume, but that's it. ;)
Mallow is too whiny and childish. Geno is cool, calm, and awesome. A true Buba Fett-esk silent BAMF character.

Also, you guys gotta stop using the "deserving" argument. Anyone could argue Issac is more deserving to be playable in smash than the Ice Climbers, but that doesn't make him automatically playable, and the Ice Climbers automatically out of the playable roster! :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anthony AND Impa for racial diversity. Italy is overrepped man... What is Smash, some mafia meeting?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yea right man. Luigi and Lucas (in Subspace atleast) are just as whiney.
Well to be fair, that story sucked more balls than Perez Hilton, and quite frankly nobody else remembers anything from the Subspace Disaster.

Luigi in the Mario series isn't whiny. Maybe a bit timid, but not whiny. Luigi also is a source of humor in the Mario franchise.

Lucas doesn't talk, and really is you in the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In Mario & Luigi he's the comic relief, in often some pseudo homosexual activities.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, who cares about "racial representation"=??? Seriously, who cares about representation=??? Characters represent THEMSELVES! You don't play as "representation," you play as PLAYABLE CHARACTERS! Characters are put in smash because they fit in the game, they balance the game, we like them, and they make us want to play the game!

Geesh, this "representation" thing/craze is getting out of control. First it takes over all the other Smash forums, and now it's taking over things here man. It's annoying.
You can't debate with the logic of non-logic... :glare:

@ Triple Dash
I've been doing/saying that stuff since like 2005 boi! :laugh:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Well to be fair, that story sucked more balls than Perez Hilton, and quite frankly nobody else remembers anything from the Subspace Disaster.

Luigi in the Mario series isn't whiny. Maybe a bit timid, but not whiny. Luigi also is a source of humor in the Mario franchise.

Lucas doesn't talk, and really is you in the game.
Fair enough. :/

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want Toad more, cause then we have a Mario light weight character.

Same here. He's my #1 most wanted Mario character. I hope he gets in Smash 4 as a playable character, not just as Peach's shield. I think Toad would be interesting with a mushroom-based moveset.

B - Poison Mushroom (from computer-controlled Toad in Super Mario Kart)
Toad does the same thing Peach does with Toad... when the enemy punches the mushroom, the enemy shrinks temporarily. This evens the battlefield, especially when Toad is facing bigger and stronger opponents like Ganondorf, Bowser, and Ridley.

Side B - Golden Mushroom (from Toad's special item in Mario Kart: Double Dash)
Toad charges and runs really fast. He can tackle the enemy. This move would be comparable with Luigi's Side B, Pikachu's Side B, and Ike's Side B. This could function as a horizontal recovery move.

Up B - Propeller Mushroom (from New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
Toad flies up with the helmet and falls slowly. Just like in this video. This is ideal for vertical recovery.

Down B - Pick Up (from Super Mario Bros. 2)
Toad does a ground pound like Yoshi's Down B but instead of hitting the enemy from above, Toad immediately picks them up and he can carry them around like Donkey Kong does with his Forward Throw.

Final Smash - Lucky 7 (from Mario Kart 7)
Toad gets on his racing kart and drives around. He gets 7 items from Mario Kart games.

Poison Mushrooms & Bananas = A button (random, these are the passive items)
Green Shells & Bob-ombs & Fire Flowers = B button (random, these are the offensive items)
Feather = Jump button
Chain Chomp = L + R buttons

I know the moveset is mostly from Mario Kart games but Sakurai keeps mentioning Toad's kart driving in Toad's trophies. So why not? :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anthony is better than that, but am just advertising him a bit.

He got majorly friendzoned by Samus.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anthony (Higgs) desires no war with Ridley, cause infact a rematch between the two would be the best thing ever. Same as Impa vs Queerahim.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Anthony was never a boss... :troll: Seriously though, both need to be in. I want 4 Metroid, 4 DKC, and 4 Fire Emblem reps. The motto: these are no lesser franchises.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Anthony will be lucky if he's even an Assist Trophy.

Would be great though. Pops out. "Remembuh Me? *BAZOOM*"

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Even though I do not have a 3DS I'm excited for Kid Icarus to come out. Have a feeling the game will do well if Nintendo markets it.

Seems like the general consensus for the composer is that it is Motoi Sakuraba. Cannot wait to find out who it is. Those few couple of tracks we heard were phenomenal.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Totally stole this from Toise's post in the back room. :troll: Okay, this is what he had to say about Saki.

*** Saki Mammamia ***

Anyone else notice Sakurai's obsession with arcade shooters?

Kirby's Dream Land - Kabula Fight
Kirby's Adventure - Nightmare Fight
Kirby Super Star - Heart of Nova

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Credits
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Roll Call
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Coin Launcher
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Flight Gameplay

Not to mention all the Star Fox love and endorsing Sin & Punishment on the Dojo. My money says this is relevant, even if S&P2 bombed hard.

That's fine and dandy... but I think Duck Hunt Dog would be a good choice considering Duck Hunt is Nintendo's most famous arcade shooter from the beginning of the video game history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom