• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Cloning in forms will happen if the roster grows much bigger than it is now. And that's why Anthony is great.
Anthony = Impa 2.0 for you. :glare:

Also, cloning is what is done when the developer is low on time. I assume Sakurai and co could have made more original moves for Luigi, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Falco, Wolf, and Lucas with Brawl, but was restricted on time, especially with 38 playable characters total and Sonic being added late.

D

Deleted member

Hey, at least he isn't implying to cut someone for Anthony.

It's a far way to go before Anthony becomes Impa 2.0.

In this case Anthony to him is what Waluigi is to me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know what would've been really bad? Soul Calibur V has two versions each for two characters. One of the versions is suppossed to be Setsuka's playstyle. If that's not rushed development, I don't know what is.

Come to think of it, Soul Calibur V was developed in about 7-8 months.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Diddy with Anthony is at the same level of craziness as with Impa in the month of December.

Also, you know who should be playable in smash=??? Wa-wah-wah-wah-
MEGA MAN!!!
:cool:

Edit: @ Kuma
Agreed. Smash will never be anything like that. If it is, it will be several decades in the future and it won't involve Sakurai.

Quite frankly, the idea that Soulcalibur V had is stupid. They barely had more characters than IV had, but several cuts and way, way, WAY too many clones.

Seriously, Soulcalibur V is the definition of a rushed fighting game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you're referring to characters like Leixia and Natsu, that was kind of the point. It was meant to be a new generation cast. In terms of playstyles though, yeah it was very few new ones.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You said MegaMan. Not "MegaMan Volnutt", not "BBA MegaMan". My point is still valid.
Those all count as MegaMan. If I meant Classic MegaMan I would've said Classic MegaMan.

Don't tell me what I meant.

Your point is no longer valid. MegaMan(any) have been in atleast 4 fighting games. Almost all of them still share the Mega Buster, his trademark move, are robotic heroes, and fight deadly robots.

Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

yani

Smash Lord
I don't mind Diddy bringing up Anthony. It keeps him occupied :smirk:

But seriously Anthony seems cool. Don't have a problem with him, as long as we get Ridley.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only Soul Calibur games I really liked were the first two (never played the 3rd or 4th one, though)
I like Soul Blade/Edge, and honestly... every Soul Calibur save Legends. I haven't played V, so I can't say for that. I am disappointed in its horrible lack of some content, but that's my only opinion on it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Is Soul Calibur 4 good? I heard it's got a character editor where you could design your characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey, at least he isn't implying to cut someone for Anthony.

It's a far way to go before Anthony becomes Impa 2.0.

In this case Anthony to him is what Waluigi is to me.
I see Anthony as a bit more likely than Waluigi, because Waluigi has some serious competition around. Anthony only has Ridley, and a few other unlikely ones as the hunters, a Space Pirate, or anything. And Ridley was a boss before...

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah Soul Calibur I and II are my favorites, although I haven't played Soul Edge.

Soul Calibur IV is good, and the character creation mode is great and diverse. It isn't as good as Soul Calibur I or II IMO though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seeing my young cat going on a flea rampage now in my house, I kinda want a cat fighter in Smash now. Can we have Meowth or even Ranulf?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I see Anthony as a bit more likely than Waluigi, because Waluigi has some serious competition around. Anthony only has Ridley, and a few other unlikely ones as the hunters, a Space Pirate, or anything. And Ridley was a boss before...

IMO, Waluigi shouldn't even be in the competition to begin with but here we are. :glare:

Hunters? Pssh! None of them stands out from the bunch. They are all equally important... if you have to add one, you might as well add them all and we all know that isn't happening... at least not unless they are like Pokemon Trainer where three equally important Pokemon are in even though they are not equally popular.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You mad? Everyones crazy for Ivysaur. Ladies wanna see him shake it all night.

No fleas can harm me. I'm Strong. But a few warm bath takes care of this for sure. Still, the poor thing has it since we had him.

And yeah, forgot about Dark Samus, but then again: Anthony is future, Dark Samus is past. And Anthony would be more unique than Dark Samus. Adam had less screen time than Anthony I believe, and I think Anthony would win in popularity to Adam as well. Despite Anthony being new, the real Adam wasn't actually interesting. Guess that happens if you have to flesh out a computer as a character. :/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is Soul Calibur 4 good? I heard it's got a character editor where you could design your characters.
It's a really fun game. Computers cheat horrendously, though.

The character editor is just putting on armor with stats over a moveset with looks.

You don't select your own moves, or have unique classes. It's okay, but nothing special.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why would they do that? Then just make a ZSS, half (Lucas/Wolf) cline out of Anthony. Ice attacks instead or paralyse, plasma gun instead of whip, andnbeing heavier and much slower. There you have a workable character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Anthony + "supple martial arts" doesn't quite mix. I mean, have you see the moves Zamus has? Can you see a big hulking black man do that?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still don't think any 3rd Parties will have more than one rep. And I don't get why Anthony Higgs is so requested. Same with Ghirahim. What's the deal with them?

And Sukapon was denied(IIRC).
I've pretty much been wondering about why Anthony and Ghirahim get so much attention myself. Ridley is the only main Metroid rep who needs to be playable; there's also Dark Samus, but she'd mostly be an extra. And if anyone from Skyward Sword should be playable, Impa would be the best pick.

Besides, I never liked Ghirahim to begin with.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Seeing my young cat going on a flea rampage now in my house, I kinda want a cat fighter in Smash now. Can we have Meowth or even Ranulf?

Meowth, yes! I want either Meowth or Team Rocket. This is for Team Rocket's moveset.

Meowth alone
B - Pay Day
Side B - Fury Swipes
Up B - Faint Attack
Down B - Team Up with Arbok

Meowth and Arbok team
B - Poison Sting
Side B - Glare
Up B - Wrap
Down B - Switch Arbok for Weezing

Meowth and Weezing team
B - Smog
Side B - Poison Gas
Up B - Sludge
Down B - Call Weezing back

Final Smash - Meowth's Party
Jesse and James appear in the Meowth balloon and they throw a bunch of Pokeballs onto the stage and various Pokemon appear to attack everyone like normal Pokeball Pokemon do. These Pokemon are Rattata, Ekans, Sandshrew, Zubat, Gloom, Venonat, Machop, Grimer, Hypno, Cubone, Koffing, Murkrow, Houndour. Hey, at least this opens up space for the Pokeball roster to accompany the 5th gen Pokemon. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I could see that yes. Safe for Up Air, Down B (replace for unique attack iwth Plasma or Ice gun). Oh and Up Tilt, F Smash would also be different due to no whip, but the rest woukd work. He's at this point not even as unique as Wolf, yet has sbout the same level as personal flavor feel around him already. Heavily change statistics as weight, build, traction, jumps and of coarse speed, knockback and everything and really, he's no cline no more.

Then again, I also would seriously take Snorlax as a Luigified Jigglypuff as I would take Anthony as a Luigified ZSS.

And now I realise I actually also never should want Lucario gone really. He and Mewtwo can easily co exist in the game.

And damn right Impa is the best pick. ^^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Waluigi the Luigified Luigi clone, who was formely a Luigified Mario in Melee, and a full Mario clone before that. It'd be the greatest troll addition ever. And I dissaprove.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No matter how you slice and dice it though, Waluigi will likely be sticking around as an Assist Trophy. Still, I'll take his as an Assist Trophy over not seeing him at all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Waluigi shouldn't be in Smash... at least not before Toad gets in first and Bowser Jr. gets in second. I mean, what's it about Waluigi that makes him noteworthy to be included in Smash? What's it he's done to warrant inclusion? Tingle, while he's hated, at least had his own game series and had recurring roles in the main Zelda games. Duck Hunt Dog, while he's hated, at least is a classic gaming icon, not just Nintendo's history but video game history in general and he's practically the face of Zapper Light Gun and Duck Hunt.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toad, Bowser Jr... Am willing to reconsider Dr.Mario to all of a sudden.

Yo guys, remember Geno?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Toad, Bowser Jr... Am willing to reconsider Dr.Mario to all of a sudden.

Yo guys, remember Geno?

Geno? No, they need to add Toad and Bowser Jr. first before they resort to adding obscure one-time Mario characters like Geno. And they need to add BOTH Mallow and Geno, not just Geno... BOTH OR NOTHING. And Dr. Mario can be back as an alternate costume, but that's it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom