• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Oh, aren't we Mr. Sakurai?

Mew doesn't have a "smash" material moveset. Example: Mew doesn't walk. He floats, and not like Mewtwo. Victini walks, therefore giving him a "platform stance". Another reason is that when Mewtwo was seen for SSBM, Mew being playable didn't suit Sakurai's eyes, obviously. Remember, Mew has been a Pokeball for awhile. But just because Mew, a totally different Pokemon, was in a Pokeball does not prove in anyway shape or form that Victini will meet the same fate.

I've done my research. I've tested and manipulated Victini liability in the SSB enviorment. You really aren't arguing anything I haven't heard before.
You are simply turning a blind eye for your own personal well-being. Victini is a "mirage" Pokemon, like Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy. Therefore, it will be stuck in a Pokeball.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anthony could even bring in a quite important aspect of Metroid into his gameplay: ice attacks. Can't tell me you'll ever beat Metroid without your Ice Beam.

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Anthony could even bring in a quite important aspect of Metroid into his gameplay: ice attacks. Can't tell me you'll ever beat Metroid without your Ice Beam.

Or, you could make an EX version of the charge beam as Ice Beam.

I still like the idea of Starfox Adventures-like chains for normals and you can get specific, combo-exclusive specials out of it, kind of like in Soul Calibur 2 where that one Link combo ends with him shooting an arrow.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I think I'm gonna like you.

If Sakurai indeed a fan of arcade shooters, then Japan would absolutely go bonkers if this got into Smash.
Is this even possible?

Idk much about Touhou games, but if this came on it omg. I'd be amazed and hug my Wii U, that'd be my main.

Also, does anybody think Samus/ZSS moveset will be/sould be changed?

I'd like ZSS to have new voice taunts, she sounds like an obnoxious girl who sounds like a word that starts with w.

Samus should have a much better recovery, be faster and have better weapon upgrades.

I'd personally like to see Samus/ZSS almost redone completely, any thoughts?

(More for fitting the character, ZSS can spam with dsmash which I don't mind but I think they could make her much more fitting like she really should be)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, does anybody think Samus/ZSS moveset will be/sould be changed?

I'd like ZSS to have new voice taunts, she sounds like an obnoxious girl who sounds like a word that starts with w.

Samus should have a much better recovery, be faster and have better weapon upgrades.

I'd personally like to see Samus/ZSS almost redone completely, any thoughts?

(More for fitting the character, ZSS can spam with dsmash which I don't mind but I think they could make her much more fitting like she really should be)
Samus, like a number of veteran characters, needs to be sent back to the drawing board. As unpopular as Samus was in Other M, I liked the way she moved in that game and would like her abilities to be based more on that in terms of movement.

For Zamus, I had this moveset made a while back.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13775410&postcount=60499

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh man, if any Square Enix song needs to get in smash, it should be this song.
I was afraid it was going to be a Final Fantasy track (unless it comes from FFIV), but you can never go wrong with Chrono Trigger. Personally though I would prefer this song out of all the Chrono Trigger soundtrack, especially for Super Smash Bros. As far as SquareEnix goes, if I had to choose just one theme it would have to be this one. It is too beautiful for me to not choose.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Samus, like a number of veteran characters, needs to be sent back to the drawing board. As unpopular as Samus was in Other M, I liked the way she moved in that game and would like her abilities to be based more on that in terms of movement.
This.

:samus:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I was afraid it was going to be a Final Fantasy track (unless it comes from FFIV), but you can never go wrong with Chrono Trigger. Personally though I would prefer this song out of all the Chrono Trigger soundtrack, especially for Super Smash Bros. As far as SquareEnix goes, if I had to choose just one theme it would have to be this one. It is too beautiful for me to not choose.
OOH. I forgot that one. I love that boss theme.

And in other news, I am apparently very philosophical when it comes to nostalgia.
Exhibit A: Read the first comment. It's mine.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
If they pull any track from FF it should be this one, given that it appeared in SMRPG as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C6iHlBN_ZM

Or, if they pull from SMRPG, definately this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQYCu5EZOGI&feature=related

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Not going to happen. If Sakurai was not willing to revamp Ganondorf in Brawl because he did not want to risj alienating players familiar with his playstyle he certainly is not going to do so now with other characters. We will get minor tweaks here and there, maybe a new down special, but nothing significant. The closest character that has come to a revamp has been Capt. Falcon between Smash 64 and Melee.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not going to happen. If Sakurai was not willing to revamp Ganondorf in Brawl because he did not want to risj alienating players familiar with his playstyle he certainly is not going to do so now with other characters. We will get minor tweaks here and there, maybe a new down special, but nothing significant. The closest character that has come to a revamp has been Capt. Falcon between Smash 64 and Melee.
Is there a source on this?

For Samus, I think changes in move properties and a new move here and there would be enough to freshen her up. Make her Morph Ball like the actual mode, make her more nimble, and few things from Other M would be enough. If anything, a number of veterans just need to be freshened up like Link, Donkey Kong, maybe Mario, Bowser, and Zelda to name a few.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
The only moved that was changed with C. Falcon between 64 and melee was his fair though.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
Mario RPG music would be awesome.

Does anyone think Geno would be possible for SMash 4?

I heard he was one of the most requested characters for Brawl or something.
Well I certainly hope so, but given that Geno is owned by Square Enix, I don't want to get my hopes up too high. If they do any collaboration with SE then Geno better be first on the list!

I see a lot of requests for Geno in the forums, but I am still not sure if there is any official poll that game developers look at. Sometimes it sounds like it (like when they refer to the popular demand for Sonic), but I have yet to see any official poll.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Well I certainly hope so, but given that Geno is owned by Square Enix, I don't want to get my hopes up too high. If they do any collaboration with SE then Geno better be first on the list!

I see a lot of requests for Geno in the forums, but I am still not sure if there is any official poll that game developers look at. Sometimes it sounds like it (like when they refer to the popular demand for Sonic), but I have yet to see any official poll.
Yea, but Sonic and Snake were in Brawl and they are not Nintendo.

So, I think it should be possible, plus Mario RPG was published by nintendo.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice

For Samus, I think changes in move properties and a new move here and there would be enough to freshen her up. Make her Morph Ball like the actual mode, make her more nimble, and few things from Other M would be enough. If anything, a number of veterans just need to be freshened up like Link, Donkey Kong, maybe Mario, Bowser, and Zelda to name a few.
One thing I wouldn't mind being changed is making Samus and Zero Suit Samus completely seperate characters that don't change after using the Final Smashes. I may be in the minority on that front, though.

As far as some of the other characters, I think Bowser could use some tweaking. In the Mario games he is actually pretty fast and can jump a lot higher. Though I do understand needing to keep him balanced.

And for God's sake, GET RID OF MARIO'S FLUDD!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
One thing I wouldn't mind being changed is making Samus and Zero Suit Samus completely seperate characters that don't change after using the Final Smashes. I may be in the minority on that front, though.

As far as some of the other characters, I think Bowser could use some tweaking. In the Mario games he is actually pretty fast and can jump a lot higher. Though I do understand needing to keep him balanced.

And for God's sake, GET RID OF MARIO'S FLUDD!
Actually, I'm with you on that one. There's no efficient way to switch between the two at your choice and using a Final Smash can screw you over. That's kind of why I want Impa over Sheik, so that Zelda plays Tekken Tag or she's completely separated from the Sheik playstyle to grow on her on.

Bowser would benefit a lot from hyper armor on his moves. Adding in tech grabs into the game mechanics would help his Koopa Klaw.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Old quote long ago from either one of his interviews after Brawl was released. Thinking it might have been GDC when he was using Ganondorf in that faux match with that girl. Not that I can find it now since the movie has since been deleted by Youtube.

You see the problem is that if Samus becomes nimble and agile than it takes away from the balance with Zero Suit Samus. Samus is fine as she is now but adding a few more killing options would serve her the greatest benefit.

The only moved that was changed with C. Falcon between 64 and melee was his fair though.
It was a lot more than that that was change. His up smash, forward smash, down smash and others were completely changed. I even think his neutral air and down tilt were different as well.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
Yea, but Sonic and Snake were in Brawl and they are not Nintendo.

So, I think it should be possible, plus Mario RPG was published by nintendo.
Yeah, but Snake only got in because his creator, Hideo Kojima, is friends with Masahiro Sakurai and he requested him. And Sonic got in because of popular demand and a new friendly relationship between Nintendo and Sega. Whether or not Square Enix will be as cooperative is yet to be seen. It all comes down to legalities.

Though it is, of course, possible. And I am sure if Nintendo wants to collaporate with SE, then SMRPG with be considered.

On the other hand, Nintendo didn't even bother to ask Capcom about Mega Man, despite him being the second most requested character after Sonic.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You see the problem is that if Samus becomes nimble and agile than it takes away from the balance with Zero Suit Samus. Samus is fine as she is now but adding a few more killing options would serve her the greatest benefit.
Which is one reason why I want Zamus separated from Zamus. This whole fast/slow thing that's been going on with her Zelda has clearly not been working because you're trying to do two balances at once. You're trying to balance Samus against the rest of the cast, but you're trying to "cancel out" her stats with Zamus'.

But yeah, more killing moves would help as that really hurt her in Brawl.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I'm with you on that one. There's no efficient way to switch between the two at your choice and using a Final Smash can screw you over. That's kind of why I want Impa over Sheik, so that Zelda plays Tekken Tag or she's completely separated from the Sheik playstyle to grow on her on.

Bowser would benefit a lot from hyper armor on his moves. Adding in tech grabs into the game mechanics would help his Koopa Klaw.
Yeah I agree. I'm not to crazy about the whole "two characters in one" thing for Smash. It works if the entire game is based around it (i.e. Tekken Tag or MvC) but Smash just doesn't seem designed that way.

As for Bowser, I think they should incorporate Koopa Klaw with Flying Slam so that you can still chomp on your opponent before slamming them. It reminds me of Zangief. :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There's a difference though between the tags and the transformations. Transforming requires a bit of time and you can't exactly do combos in between switches whereas this is the exact opposite in games like Tekken Tag and MvC. If you want a character to have an alternate moveset, make it where switching is part of it like Gen in Street Fighter. He's required both stances to be effective and you can't seriously main one stance or the other like most people can for Samus and Zelda.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I actually liked the multiple characters in one.

As for Samus/Zamus. I also vote for being individuals.

Zamus would need a new Final Smash though. The Sailor Moon transformation just doesn't cut it. Maybe summon an even STRONGER suit than the Power Suit (her movesets are the same but a lot faster and stronger... so kinda like pulling a flashier Wario here).

Samus Final Smash should be the Power Bomb or the Turbo, IMO. (Unless they could include the Power Bomb by SMASHING Down B)

Also, her Power Missiles should do as much knockback as their Melee versions.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda needs to have more moves like her Up Smash and Forward Smash. Multi hitting moves, all not too strong, but can build up damage quickly. Being less of a 'anti-Sheik' also would really work.

Samus needs her Up B to be a killerrrrr combo / damaging move. Imagine Screw Attack, to U Air, to Screw Attack, to another aerial... That's basically how Samus should fight up close. Give us super armor on the Up Smash, chargeable missiles, faster and more useful shooting (like Lucario does his B on high % damage), and a little quicker, maybe lighter to would help her. That's how I'd wanna play Samus at least. Morph Ball mode to.

mariodk

Smash Ace
i see alot who wanted Toad in SSB4
i think toad will join but as peach´s N-B not as playeble
there is bigger chance for bowser jr. or waluigi or geno or "insert a other mario char." joins as playble then Toad since he is already in SSB but as a attack on Peach

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not me who made that up.

But yeah, Samus needs work.

Oh boy, way to make yourself popular in the thread by saying Waluigi should make it over Toad... :rolleyes:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be honest here: people may think the whole "Toad being Peach's B move" argument is old and debunked, but while that indeed can't stop Toad from becoming playable, I feel like there is still some validity within that argument. We may be able to see why Toad can easily upgrade to playable status, but Sakurai may not see things our way

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Charizard upgraded to playable status. Does everyone forget that?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wut.

Start an argument on the basis of continuity and then deny it when it works towards the opposition?

It doesn't work that way.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am for Zamus and Samus being separate.

Samus's style worked in Melee. She had plenty of knock-away moves and an armament of projectiles. Give her KO power back, especially on her charged shot so it an be feared once more.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
While Toad can be upgraded to character status, I don't think it is likely. Toad works better at defining Peach (servant to the princess) than demanding his own playable character, in my opinion and I think Sakurai's opinion too.

But it is not impossible.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
... I already had in mind that Charizard becoming playable could possibly be brought up a counter point to my post when I made it, I just don't really feel like arguing against it or anything right now

And I know you'll say, "Well, why did you bring that argument up if you didn't feel like defending it", well damn, I dunno, I just felt like bringing it up

So yeah, I took the easy way out. Sue me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom