• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sakurai was responding to comments/votes/ballots/whatever. Those suggestions are where the character names popped up. Obviously, Sakurai wasn't mentioning any character names HIMSELF.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Also Ridley, before he became a boss, was originally suppose to be an assist trophy character, according to data found by hackers. ;)
John, if you're building a case for "He could have been considered playable once", things like this, aren't helping.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Someone said I shouldn't have as many posts as I do? Why.

Also Ridley I'm curious of his moveset in next smash.

Also did anyone respond to my question if Touhou (Reimu) could be added to smash? Idk if they've had games on Nintendo but that'd be cool

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My brother can beat those modes (As Falco) without losing five lifes. So ive heard it, but I cant. >:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai was responding to comments/votes/ballots/whatever. Those suggestions are where the character names popped up. Obviously, Sakurai wasn't mentioning any character names HIMSELF.
Or was he=??? Perhaps he sent all of those e-mails/messages/votes... :troll:
John, if you're building a case for "He could have been considered playable once", things like this, aren't helping.
No, I am instead saying that perhaps that he may have thought of it before. Of course that doesn't prove that he will be considered for Smash Wii U/3DS, but it is something interesting to think about. It's too bad Sakurai wasn't as vocal about what characters he considered for Brawl as he did with Smash 64 and Melee... :bee:

Also, Brawl's music is already nostalgic, minus most of the Metroid music and some of the real random crap... :smirk:
...also, Hanebow will never be nostalgic, ever! :glare:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That makes me think, the little kids/preteens now who are playing Brawl today are gonna have the same feeling about that game when they get older that I'm having now with 64 and Melee

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Smash 64 isn't very fun to go back to.

"Oh wow, all those things that felt so natural in Brawl? CAN'T DO THEM."

So clunky and stiff.

Love me some low-poly graphics though.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
My friend said he wants a CoD character OVER. a robot aerodactyl (Ridley) and a naked wolf (Krystal)

I feel like clawing his eyes out and killing him.

EDIT

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
The controls work fine for me at Smash 64. Personally, I love the combos, DI, stages, and just the overall feel. It be smoother, but overall it is an excellent game that I will never, ever, ever get bored of.

@ BlueberrySyrup
And the random comment of the day award goes to...YOUR FRIEND!!!

He also described the creepy part of the Krystal fanbase pretty well... :troll: :falco: :fox: :wolf:

D

Deleted member

Funny enough, Meta Ridley is the smallest boss outside the Hands. (Haven't compared them to MR)
When compared to Bowser, the largest character of the game, Meta Ridley doesn't seem like a big jump. Especially when you factor in him hunching over like Bowser and having his wings tucked.

And somehow...Meta Ridley's legs are shorter than Ridley's....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, centered words just looks cooler. Plus all the cool kids are doing it. All the cool kids did heroin, and they look plenty fine and healthy to me... :cool: :laugh: :grin:

@ Golden
Shh... Ridley is way too big to be playable in smash. It's impossible to shrink characters! Stop with your mumbo jumbo jiving riving talk!

:troll: :grin: :laugh: :chuckle: :bee:

:088: :grimer: :ness:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I doubt there's much of a size difference between the two Ridleys.

It's weird how they went with two different Ridley designs. Meta-Ridley DOES have subtle differences from Super Metroid's. Different head, and probably most notably his HANDS. It makes me wonder if they weren't allowed to alter Meta-Ridley's design. I kind of feel, because of that, then maybe Ridley can't have a Meta-Ridley alt costume.

D

Deleted member

I doubt there's much of a size difference between the two Ridleys.

It's weird how they went with two different Ridley designs. Meta-Ridley DOES have noticeable differences from Super Metroid's. Different head, and probably most notably his HANDS. It makes me wonder if they weren't allowed to alter Meta-Ridley's design. I kind of feel, because of that, then maybe Ridley can't have a Meta-Ridley alt costume.
Trust me. Ridley is much bigger. I even used Samus as an in-universe comparison between the two.

As for regular Ridley, that's his design from the Super Metroid artwork. Just purple like classic Metroid Ridley instead of red.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Daisy's hair is different than peaches.

Claus has different hair than Lucas.

Meta Ridley isn't pushing it if they did that, it's only hands after all..

Also I hope they get rid of the record time limit and restricted camera ._.​

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
64 is an underrated beast

I'd love to see them do a remake of it (like a large scale remake similar to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary or Pokemon FR/LG/HG/SS)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I know, but it's funny they went with two different designs for the same character. He starts out in his Super Metroid look, but apparently he gets a new head and loses his fingers when you beat him.

D

Deleted member

I know, but it's funny they went with two different designs for the same character. He starts out in his Super Metroid look, but apparently he gets a new head and loses his fingers when you beat him.
Sakurai's and Micheal Bay's explanation: He exploded.
No literally. Ridley explodes when you beat him.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If a Smash 64 remake happens, online play, all the stages should be playable (Final Destination, Battlefield, the Metal Mario stage, both Kirby BETA stages, the How to Play stage, and any others originally planned), and playing up to 6 players is a must. Also, add Meowth, King Dedede, Mewtwo, Peach, Bowser, and any other characters originally planned for it.

Then, I will pay full price for a quick, cheap remake! :awesome:

@ Young Horsetail
I is being sarcastic... :cool:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Olimar though is kinda understandable.

Ridley seems weird to shrink but I want them to do it.

He's shrinkable some people just don't really see how yet.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Blueberry
Ridley was the same size as Samus is Metroid. Trust me, shrinking Ridley isn't all that hard. People just choose to be ignorant because they want to feel superior. :troll: :cool: :laugh:

Edit: No really, it is because they don't understand what they are saying.

D

Deleted member

If a Smash 64 remake happens, online play, all the stages should be playable (Final Destination, Battlefield, the Metal Mario stage, both Kirby BETA stages, the How to Play stage, and any others originally planned), and playing up to 6 players is a must. Also, add Meowth, King Dedede, Mewtwo, Peach, Bowser, and any other characters originally planned for it.

Then, I will pay full price for a quick, cheap remake! :awesome:

@ Young Horsetail
I is being sarcastic... :cool:
Except these two don't have any proof that they were planned.

Only Bowser, Dedede, and Mewtwo have proof, and that's from underneath the Pre-Melee poll.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
ALSOOO, I hope Sakurai once again skips over the newest Ridley design in favor of his Super Metroid look. He seems to prefer it. He even gave Samus her Zero Mission look, but instead ignored Ridley's design from Zero Mission.

PLEASE DONT GIVE US OTHER M RIDLEY (OR SAMUS, FOR THAT MATTER).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Ridley look in Brawl definitely was the original Metroid look (it was also the one used in Other M unless I am mistaken). Chances are he will go with that one as the default one again. Perhaps maybe we will get Green Ridley (I think from Zero Mission), Blue Ridley (Fusion), Red Ridley (Super Metroid), Meta Ridley (Prime 1 and 3), and Omega Ridley (Prime 3) as potential alternate looks.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
That'd be pretty cool, I think I'm gonna start playing the other Metroid games soon so I can see Ridley in his other forms as well as Samus' other suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom