• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You made it sound like "Oh lol yeah I lost a bet so I HAVE to use this avatar" when in fact you wanted nothing more than to use it, but you were just too embarrassed to, SO you had to make it sound like it was against your will or something. In a week, you'll probably be like "Well I kind of got used to it so I guess I'll just stick with it, lol." I think maybe you WANT people to say something about it.

Of course, I never pay any attention to your avatars. I mean, you like ponies. No big deal.
Called it! :grin:

Actually, I am really surprised no one said anything. I thought someone would of by first post. Mainly you. But that's just because you trololol like that. Thank god Lol...

Actually, if this does become an issue, I might reject the $20 :laugh: I can do MUCH worse, Oasis. I don't think you want me to, though.

inb4trololoasis

Yeah... Maybe i'm gunna let go of this $20 before this gets outta hand >_>

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have no problem with the OVAs being released one per week. That is six weeks of waiting for all of them from the first to the last. Generally, in the next month or so, we will have a much better assessment about the Kid Icarus goddesses due to the release of Uprising, the OVAs, and the reception that Uprising has.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I have no problem with the OVAs being released one per week. That is six weeks of waiting for all of them from the first to the last. Generally, in the next month or so, we will have a much better assessment about the Kid Icarus goddesses due to the release of Uprising, the OVAs, and the reception that Uprising has.
Medusa's is going to be the best anyway. Probably saving it for last. I mean, you can guess that Pit and Palutena are going to be doing your typical stupid hero stuff. But with Medusa, villain's-rise-to-power stories are always great.

D

Deleted member

Hate to break it to you, but the order is
Medusa
Palutena 1
Palutena 2
Pit 1
Pit 2
Pit 3

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ah ah ah. No spoilers. ;)
But I WILL say a unique gimmick I had for him.

If Goomba is Footstool Jumped on, he will flatten, but like in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, this won't kill him. Instead he is near immune to attacks, and he is controlled like Flat Wario in the Wario Land games for a second or two, then he pops back up.
That could be really cool and I don't think it'd be broken because if how seldom foot stools are used. Would it affect him any differently in the air?

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hate to break it to you, but the order is
Medusa
Palutena 1
Palutena 2
Pit 1
Pit 2
Pit 3
Do you have a source for that? Is that the order of release? I have been following Kid Icarus Uprising closely, and there has been almost no additional info about the OVAs since they were first unveiled.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Mojo jojo was like the most clever asian stereotype in my childhood. LOL

On-topic. Wait the OVAs are due to be released soon now??

D

Deleted member

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. Can't fight a villain before she has risen to power.
Yes, but Pit's and Palutena's have nothing to do with Medusa.
Palutena's has to do with vegetable monsters and it's a comedy.
Pit's is against a new villain named Thanatos.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Medusa's is going to be the best anyway. Probably saving it for last. I mean, you can guess that Pit and Palutena are going to be doing your typical stupid hero stuff. But with Medusa, villain's-rise-to-power stories are always great.
Except for Starwars 1-3.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oas: Tootally. While Palutena would provide lots of charm and laughs, I'm most interested on Medusa-one, indeed. How a villainess, who was once a huge eyeballwall of DOOM rose back from the ashes? I'm all for canon depicments around some uncovered things behind the plot... Since Nintendo usually explain many things in their games over the gameplay, pfft.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hehe, you know, it doesn't surprise me that DKC3 had all the Northern European references, seeing as how Rare is in England. I think DKC2 was inspired off Southern Europe/Northern Africa, whereas DKC1 was inspired by Central Africa (loads of terrain, but no real sea or ocean).

@ SmashChu
Good reference, given that Pit's Brawl appearance was inspired partially by Darth Maul! :laugh:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oas: No.

PLOT TWIST:

ICE CLIMBERS ARE THE REAL VILLAINS BEHIND THE VEGETABLE MONSTER

It makes lots of sense, anyway: fighting an army of vegetables?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oas: No.

PLOT TWIST:

ICE CLIMBERS ARE THE VILLAINS

It makes lots of sense, anyway: fighting an army of vegetables?
No silly. It was the condor. Who, as it turns out, was Ridley all along. Remember that the Space Pirate ship will be a stage?

That condor and Ridley look so similar, y'know.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What, you mean that little blade split thing?
Yeah, Pit fighting with the two swords was inspired by Darth Maul's double lightsaber. Sakurai revealed that at some Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco a few months after Brawl was released. ;)

@ Metal Overlord
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 was the best game in that series. Those 4 games overall were some of the best sports games ever! :cool:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that, Iblis

And I agree, John, though I thought Tony Hawk's Underground was really good

Peace Horsetail

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that, Iblis
Nobody disagrees with either of you. What we need is a snow/jungle/space level. To be honest, I'm surprised most of the Metroid stages thus far haven't been space stages, considering you are in space a lot of the time in the series. So far the only space (and non-laval) stage we got is Frigate Orpheon, which was awesome.
And I agree, John, though I thought Tony Hawk's Underground was really good
Underground 2 was great, too. American Wasteland was good. After that, though, it slowly went downhill, especially on the Wii! :laugh:

C'ya Horsetail! Don't get tail horsed! :troll:

Edit: I'ma gonna disappear too now. "Squavla!" :laugh:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Pit fighting with the two swords was inspired by Darth Maul's double lightsaber. Sakurai revealed that at some Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco a few months after Brawl was released. ;)

@ Metal Overlord
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 was the best game in that series. Those 4 games overall were some of the best sports games ever! :cool:
Love to see a source on that. Not that i don't believe you, but there is a lot of little tidbits from it that have been lost (Shortie found one on second parties a while back).

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
In one of the tiny hawk games I made a custom skatepark "mad world". I miss rocket power =[.

Adios horsetail and John.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
For a short period of time i had that skating game!once,my brother was on a spot where he could stand forever and win points forever!

Wasn't there some kind of "tony's son" or what?i think he was there,with his toony style but my bro f**ked everything by giving him a stache and a hipster shirt and didn't know how to go back!i was too young at that time...

They were so many secret,and glitches,there was aeroport i think and you could go higher than the ceiling :awesome:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Tony hawk pro stake 2 is just fun when you just dont know the movesets just go crazy

But i like tony hawk underground 2 remix throught.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
See ya later too John

Ollie the Magic Bum and Kelly Slater are still the best bonus skaters ever

And SO DO I disfunk. I miss a lot of old Nickelodeon stuff to be honest :urg:

But yeah, either Palutena or Medusa would be great choices for Smash, honestly (even though I'd prefer Medusa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom