• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You shouldn't be looking at those polls.
I am trying to get some more insight on Japanese opinion. However, I think it does show that the Japanese Smash fanbase has just as many idiots as the Western one does. Examples of polls that Daisy got first in were "what female character do you want the most in the next Smash Bros." and "what Mario character do you want the most in the next Smash Bros."

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is Toad still balls? And is K. Rool still HIGHLY REGARDED?

I guess I can wait until you write up a summary of everything you've TAKEN IN.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Can you link me to the sites?

Dunno any good Japanese brawl sites, but I'd like to go there to see their opinions.

PM me or w/e

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Chrono: Daisy only currently appears in the Spin-offs. She origined in a non-spinoff, being Super Mario Land. She isn't like Waluigi in that regard. He's pure spin-off, she's just more known in the spinoffs.

Anyway, maybe her japanese voice isn't terrible?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Is Toad still balls? And is K. Rool still HIGHLY REGARDED?

I guess I can wait until you write up a summary of everything you've TAKEN IN.
The female poll was started in January 2008, so Palutena and Medusa were not options in the poll. The character choices in the poll were also incredibly dumb. They were mostly female Mother characters (Kumatora, Paula, Pippi, Ana) and Mario characters (Daisy, Toadette, Birdo, Baby Peach) and there was Ashley.

Note: Catherine is Birdo's Japanese name. Kinopiko is Toadette's Japanese name.

Here are the results to it:

One Daisy 38
62.30%
Two . Kumatora! 12
19.67%
Three Catherine (Cathy) Four
6.56%
Four Paula Two
3.28%
Five Kinopiko (impossible) Two
3.28%
Six Ashley Two
3.28%
Seven The strongest queen Ana! ! One
1.64%
Eight Pippi (the Mother) Zero
0%
Nine To begin with, or Ana, Who is Paula? ? Zero
0%
Ten Bebyipichi (~O ~I Zero
0%
11 Sarria (impossible) Zero
0%

Here are the results to the Mario poll:
Note: Teresa is the Japanese name for Boo.

One Daisy 19
36.54%
Two Bowser Jr Eight
15.38%
Three Teresa Eight
15.38%
Four Waluigi Five
9.62%
Five Dr. Mario Four
7.69%
Six Kinopiko Three
5.77%
Seven Toad Two
3.85%
Eight Daisy Bee all Two
3.85%
Nine All Byimario One
1.92%
Ten Bee Luigi should Zero
0%
11 All Byipichi Zero
0%
12 Catherine Zero
0%

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Toadette beating Toad? Boo tying with Jr? I guess Japan does have some odd voters. :0

Interesting find though Chrono.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Toadette beating Toad? I guess Japan does have some odd voters. :0

:phone:
In the official pre-Melee poll Toad got a lot of votes, more than most other characters. However, Daisy just seems to be really popular at this poll site.

I would not put too much weight in that small Mario poll. I usually need to have my observations backed up from a lot of polls to really say something, and it does seem as though Daisy has a Waluigi-like following.

However, there were no other polls done for Mario characters on that site.

From what I have seen elsewhere, Toad is a really popular Mario character in Japan.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Where do they do the polls? I wanna see :x (That way I can check their opinions sometimes)

Also, Mother girl would be amazing, Kuma/Paula/Ana I would love to see :\

I'll never get over my Mother series <3

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have been reading Japanese reviews of games too. They seem to think very highly of Star Fox and Star Fox 64, but there is a lot of anger toward Adventures, Assault, and Command. 64 3D was also viewed highly.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I will talk more about my observations later. This was a while ago, but there was a topic on a Japanese Smash forum that had a topic asking people what characters they would like to see in Smash 4. Here is what I saw:
- Lots of whining about Mewtwo and Roy being cut.
- K. Rool, Takamaru, Mega Man, and Mii came up quite a bit.
- Lots of idiots asking for anime characters.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No, what I'm getting at is that in the files, EVERY character has a victory theme file. Including Sheik and Zero Suit.
Everybody but Wolf, that is.
Mewtwo and Roy strangely have one while Wolf doesn't.
Which is strange because neither Mewtwo or Roy were made an AT or anything like that. In fact Roy did not get a trophy even though Mewtwo did.

Okay, I am looking some polls at a Japanese Smash Bros. fansite.

Daisy seems to be the Waluigi of Japan (as in a character that only appears in the spinoffs that has far more popularity than he/she should). I also noticed that generally they don't want Pichu and Young Link to come back. Dr. Mario has a small fanbase like he does here.
That is bizarre to say the least. What about third party characters? What about former Assist Trophy characters?

D

Deleted member

Looking back on it, I think that if there is any one shot ally to Samus would be awesome for Smash, it would be Rundas.

Shame he's dead. He was voiced by Christopher F-ing Sabat, which added to his epicness. Too bad he has little to no chance; he could've been a major ice fighter, which we're limited in.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Interesting stuff, I may want to add it to the info thread together with the other Japanese fanbase posts.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh, lookey. I found a poll that would get KumaOso grinning from ear-to-ear.

Basically, it was a poll asking what Mother series character they would like in Smash 4, if Lucas were to be cut:
One Kumatora 65
47.45%
Two Not forgive the omission of Lucas! If you no longer have cry! ! 48
35.04%
Three Klaus 20
14.60%
Four Duster Three
2.19%
Five Increase One
0.73%

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Only 1 vote for MORE Mother characters? Yet they clearly want Kumatora? EVEN MORE THAN LUCAS?
No. It was a poll asking what character they would want if Lucas was CUT. The second option was basically an option for RAGE if Lucas was cut. Lucas is quite popular as a newcomer in Japan.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
show me the info thread please

Epic picture.

So, I'm on a depression run today -~- Not feeling good in the head today. So, I'm just gunna be writing poems today. SSB4's becoming more and more closer, as ya'll becoming further and further away. Surprise, big not.

Sorry, cupcakes, but ya'll startin' to dissolve into nothing to me. It doesn't matter, but any convo I see happen here always ends with a "No u" or "Trololol". Nothing's real serious when discussing anything. I only come back with hopes of SSB4 news or to display Pokemon news anyways.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
While I was searching through Japanese websites, I found this:

This "Masked Marth" looks very feminine, and I would not be surprised if this was indeed a female. We should instead called Masked Marth the name, Martha. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Is this still an AGREEABLE potential character pool.

Sometimes I see STRANGERS viewing this thread, and I feel like they're only coming to see what character ideas we're kicking around, instead of us being ********. This pool should be on, like, every page.

Hmm...It does seem that that pool is agreeable. Although, do we really bring up Jimmy T that much? I recall more times that we brought up Orbulon than Jimmy T...

Also, that's pretty interesting about the Japan polls Chrono.

By any chance, do they ever bring up non-Takamaru retros?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Is this still an AGREEABLE potential character pool.

Sometimes I see STRANGERS viewing this thread, and I feel like they're only coming to see what character ideas we're kicking around, instead of us being ********. This pool should be on, like, every page.
You have no Impa. And no Anthony. How am I supposed to get hype from this?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wanna make me argue that Impa should be there over Queerahim?

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
If Lucas gets cut for Kuma next smash, it'll take me a while to get over it.

If Kuma was planned but get's cut it'll take me a while to get over it

If Lucas and Kuma both get put in I'll be in heaven.

Kuma/Ana would work, Ninten Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom