• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Ridley and Little Mac get in Smash 4, it will be entirely due to their Western fanbases and Sakurai recognizing their importance. Also, if you guys saw the Mario characters that Japan wants the most, I think most of you would pass on Mario newcomers.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
LOL tell us xD

Also I personally don't want Lil Mac anything more than an assist trophy, I just don't want a boxing character in Smash tbh :\

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Also, both K. Rool and Dixie Kong get a lot of demand in Japan, with Dixie Kong having a slight edge in requests from the current trove I am picking at. For some reason, Toad's popularity in Japan does not extend to requests to be playable by the Japanese Smash Bros. fanbase.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why would Lucas be replaced by Kumatora?

Also Chrono, is it Waluigi...?

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

*facepalms

I am starting to think reading comprehension is a serious problem at this forum.

I have already said that poll was a "IF LUCAS WAS CUT, WHAT CHARACTER WOULD YOU WANT TO TAKE HIS PLACE?".

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Freakin' Doc. Always screwing up my chances for Paper Mario.

Sheesh.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They could just have Wolf call in an airstrike while he jumps offscreen, complete with some banter from the Starwolf crew.

Also, DK needs to stop getting jungle stages, and Samus should stop getting lava stages. They could have someone else get jungle/lava-related stages, and there's a good number of series that have them. There's Mario, Yoshi, Starfox, Kirby, Zelda, Wario, etc.
Donkey Kong's home is basically the jungle though, so it would seem awkward to not give him a jungle-themed stage. At least a lava-themed stage can always be affiliated with Bowser, since his castle has yet to take a bow.

Freakin' Doc. Always screwing up my chances for Paper Mario.

Sheesh.
I really don't see any reason to make Dr. Mario a separate entity. He's basically better off as one of Mario's alternate outfits, similar to how Wario has his WarioWare and Classic outfit options.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To be fair quite a few of the Japanese Smash fans that said they wanted Dr. Mario back said that they want him back as a costume. However, there were also quite a few that did not make this distinction.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be fair quite a few of the Japanese Smash fans that said they wanted Dr. Mario back said that they want him back as a costume. However, there were also quite a few that did not make this distinction.
At least Wario went the right direction. Frankly, it makes no sense to make two characters who are one in the same to be completely separate entities.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh, lookey. I found a poll that would get KumaOso grinning from ear-to-ear.

Basically, it was a poll asking what Mother series character they would like in Smash 4, if Lucas were to be cut:
One Kumatora 65
47.45%
Two Not forgive the omission of Lucas! If you no longer have cry! ! 48
35.04%
Three Klaus 20
14.60%
Four Duster Three
2.19%
Five Increase One
0.73%
Looks like there's still love for C. Tiger Kumatora. I still need to get back to playing MOTHER 3.

Also Chrono, is it Waluigi...?

Even if Lucas got replaced, it wouldn't make that much sense to me at all to replace Lucas with Kumatora. It just seems odd to just take out the main character and then put a party member in his place.

At least Wario went the right direction. Frankly, it makes no sense to make two characters who are one in the same to be completely separate entities.
What exactly do you mean by "one in the same" does this apply to characters available via transformations?

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I would rather have Paper Mario anyday over Doctor Mario tbh.

Doctor Mario could be an alternate costume that has the pills but do the same effect.

Just like the wario thing but attack fx are changed a bit.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What exactly do you mean by "one in the same" does this apply to characters available via transformations?
In a way, yes.

This is pretty much the worst solution for Doc coming back that I've ever seen
So you're saying that making Dr. Mario Mario's alternate outfit is stupid. We already have Mario, so I see no point of wasting a Mario Universe slot on Dr. Mario if there's Toad and Bowser Jr. to think about.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Do y'all even understand the reason why people want Doc back?

Making Doc an alt pretty much defeats the purpose of us even wanting him back. Doc may have the same moves, but he doesn't handle the exact same way as Mario. We liked Doc because of his slightly altered playstyle; we found him to be more fun to play as than Mario. It isn't just the fact that Doc was "A-HYUCK MARIO WITH PILLS"; that's ONE reason but not the ONLY reason. If he were to be just a skin for Mario, then that would mean he would play the exact same as Mario. Ughhh, DO NOT WANT

Like I said, there are only three acceptable solutions:

1. Make him an alternate CHARACTER like the three Gohans (Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan and Great Saiyaman) in the first DBZ: Budokai game. Look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about. That way he wouldn't take up his own slot, his Melee playstyle would stay intact and everyone wins in the end. You can even apply this to Young Link and Pichu

2. Don't bring him back at all

3. Give him his own slot, and have people ***** about it as usual

NOT this alternate costume BS; get that stupid **** on somewhere

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I definitely don't think Dr. Mario will be brought back with his own slot, but its definitely possible that if he is brought back as a "costume" that he would be more like his Melee incarnation than Overalls Wario.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I definitely don't think Dr. Mario will be brought back with his own slot, but its definitely possible that if he is brought back as a "costume" that he would be more like his Melee incarnation than Overalls Wario.
In what way exactly? Alternate outfits aren't supposed to have moveset differences after all.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If an alternate costume were to alter the playstyle of the character it belongs to, then it's not really an alternate costume as alternate costumes are only supposed to change up its character aesthetically

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So, crazy idea.

Smash 4 should be all Kirby enemies, one for each ability that is complex enough to warrant being in a fighting game.
Sounds interesting at first, but when you look at the bigger picture, enemies from other franchises need some representation too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Metal
What do you say to Mario coming back with most of Dr. Mario's differences? I mean, he was also considered better than Mario.

Still, as I mentioned before, Dr. Mario would make for a great DLC pick if they pull a KOF.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Kuma- Never thought of that. That actually isn't a bad solution at all; sure, he'd most likely lose the pills, but that's a minor sacrifice as Doc's playstyle wouldn't go to waste

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I may come up with a new Samus moveset (at least in specials) along with chain combos for her to gauge your opinions on the whole idea.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, crazy idea.

Smash 4 should be all Kirby enemies, one for each ability that is complex enough to warrant being in a fighting game.
So, just like the SSE minus the actual unique Smash Bros. characters.(that is, the playable ones)

@Metal Overlord: Damn straight about Doc. I'd rather he get his own slot like he was planned for in Brawl, or he just isn't available. I love the guy, but Word of God stated he won't be basically a skin for Mario.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hmm...It does seem that that pool is agreeable. Although, do we really bring up Jimmy T that much? I recall more times that we brought up Orbulon than Jimmy T...
Shorts was BOTHERING me about Mona, so I was like "She's nothing special, and if you want her on there then I may as well add Jimmy T. since they're pretty much equal."

But you're right, this is much better:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shorts was BOTHERING me about Mona, so I was like "She's nothing special, and if you want her on there then I may as well add Jimmy T. since they're pretty much equal."

But you're right, this is much better:
Adding in perhaps another retro or two could help flesh out the edges. Perhaps Muddy? I've gotten a few others here to support him.:awesome:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's also a page on Toon Link being a combination of Toon Link, Young Link, and 64 Link.
I did, at one point, input some special move changes for Toon Link to represent the Toon Link portion of the Zelda timeline. One of those specials included the Gust Jar.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

"Masked Marth" looks really feminine, even for Marth. I think we should even stop calling this character Masked Marth, and instead call him/her/it Martha. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom