• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Am I the only one hoping they don't use the same fast pace OR slow-floatyness as melee or brawl respectively? Tech skill was required for melee and quit reflexes in order to be "good" while brawl you were good if you were just smart with your characters/matchups/spacing. I hope they make a good balance. I don't want to cramp my hands up from the tech skill/high learning curve like Melee does to me today (though I still love it)... I want something new and fresh that also doesn't go the same path brawl did.
PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE STAYING KRY, IT'D BE NICE TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE FROM THE COMPETITIVE TO STAY AROUND HERE SINCE STEAM LEFT ME V____V

/cap plea

Anyways, yeah I want something new. Which is why I love all 3 smash games. They are all something new. I personally would have been happy with Brawl being Melee 2.0 but I'm happy that's something different as it is now.

I got you Kryz

We want, a game that is mentally draining like Brawl while having the tech skill+reflex capacity that Melee demanded.

Oh my god...just imagining a game like that :smirk:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You know guys, while I know there's special Brawl, couldn't there be any sort of settings that can let us edit the engine to our liking, like the speed, hitstun and such?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

You know who I feel should've been Fox's clone instead of Falco in Melee?

He WAS the Player 2...
Falco was the Player 4....

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Oh, I can't wait for the day I can legitimately say, "I'm going to get the new Smash Bros. game." Ah, what a glorious thought... :awesome:

Shrutil said:
What? I saw Swiss Roll and instantly perked up.
And I'm honestly surprised not everybody agrees with Ridley. That was a shock. Semi-old news, I know, but I'm honestly surprised.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Kid Icarus: Uprising looks so fun, makes me wish I had a 3DS.

Speaking of the Nintendo Direct trailers, someone said that Krom uses fire like Roy. Is this true?

If it is, then I will accept Krom as Roy's competition.
Was this supposed to be from the video just released?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
just aminor thing.

here is gamefaqs' most wanted character poll.
1. Mewtwo: 137
2. Ridley: 129
3. Fawful: 89
4. Ghirahim: 88
5. Toad: 66
6. Isaac: 64
7. Jill: 55
8. Zoroark: 52 (Had Overtime In Round 1)
9. Paper Mario: 51
10. Krystal: 46
11. Medusa: 45
12. Little Mac: 42
13. Lip: 41
14. Micaiah: 30
15. Victini: 29 (Had Overtime in Round 1)
16. Tom Nook: 27
17. Hector: 26
18. Krom: 16
19. Palutena: 16
20. Ephraim: 15
21. Saki: 15
22. King K. Rool: 14
23. Lyndis: 14
24. Ray MK III: 13
25. Waluigi: 13
26. Balloon Fighter: 12
27. Bowser Jr.: 11
28. Tingle: 10
29. Funky Kong: 8
30. Slippy Toad: 8
31. Takamaru: 8
32. Roy: 6

they had a finalvote with the overall winnerbeingridley. theysure like them villains.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I used to be dead set on Roy, but I don't know anymore. I wouldn't mind Krom really. Course, what do I know? I want Caeda over everyone else.

Speaking of polls, I'm fairly sure that before March, I will reach 500 votes. So be looking out for that next week.

Krom could be the new rep indeed... and if the whole fire based sword-rumor is true, troublesome for Roy there.
That means absolutely nothing. I was thinking more aong the lines of the fact that he got skipped over in brawl for a reason, and then if we look at the Lucario > Mewtwo thing, I think he could have the same fate as Mewtwo did back in Brawl. Only he got skipped over for a single new character, not two... Still, he's probably the best choice for the series. The fire based moves have little to do with it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
just aminor thing.

here is gamefaqs' most wanted character poll.
1. Mewtwo: 137
2. Ridley: 129
3. Fawful: 89
4. Ghirahim: 88
5. Toad: 66
6. Isaac: 64
7. Jill: 55
8. Zoroark: 52 (Had Overtime In Round 1)
9. Paper Mario: 51
10. Krystal: 46
11. Medusa: 45
12. Little Mac: 42
13. Lip: 41
14. Micaiah: 30
15. Victini: 29 (Had Overtime in Round 1)
16. Tom Nook: 27
17. Hector: 26
18. Krom: 16
19. Palutena: 16
20. Ephraim: 15
21. Saki: 15
22. King K. Rool: 14
23. Lyndis: 14
24. Ray MK III: 13
25. Waluigi: 13
26. Balloon Fighter: 12
27. Bowser Jr.: 11
28. Tingle: 10
29. Funky Kong: 8
30. Slippy Toad: 8
31. Takamaru: 8
32. Roy: 6

they had a finalvote with the overall winnerbeingridley. theysure like them villains.
Slippy? Funky Kong? Balloon Fighter? Tom Nook? FAWFUL?! WHAT THE **** IS THIS?!

@Metal: What's the word? Me like new Tennis. Gamecube game fun. GIVE INFO!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay, I've noticed a same ballot being voted on over the span of the past few weeks. The person keeps voting for like, basically toad. You've voted probably six to ten times, and I just want to remind everyon

DONT VOTE MORE THAN ONCE. I CAN TELL WHEN YOU DO.

Basically, if I get one more double vote, I'm simply going to take a tally of them all and subtract those votes. It will be a MAJOR pain in the ***, but I'll do it if I have to.

****s.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oas: Practice makes perfect. Besides, it's gonna a lot different in means of gameplay progression. (Land battles ahoy)

Mario Tennis Open better have power shots like in Gamecube version.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm, I guess KI Uprising may be a way to sort of test how people would react to a 3D Smash in a certain sense....I mean it certainly seems like Smash in many regards. Heck, the knock out animations are basically them right there.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Slippy? Funky Kong? Balloon Fighter? Tom Nook? FAWFUL?! WHAT THE **** IS THIS?!

@Metal: What's the word? Me like new Tennis. Gamecube game fun. GIVE INFO!
I honestly don't see what's wrong with the choices you listed. The overall poll was pretty silly, but those are some of the more solid choices. Perhaps not likely, but still good.

Except Funky Kong. He can go away.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
~Like a good neighbor, Asage is there. Poof.~

Serebii said:
Nintendo Direct - Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition Localisation

The Nintendo Direct conference in Europe is currently airing and has stated the possible localisation of Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition. It didn't provide too many details but did state that "European plans are to be confirmed". While this does not guarantee that localisation of this upcoming game, it does provide some hope. We'll provide more details on the localisation as and when they come
~Like a homeless *******, Asage disappears into the night, scavaging for more intel~

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ooooooh, my bad, Poppy, you said you wanted more info on the game, sorry for not catching that earlier :embarrass:

But yeah, there's online play, leaderboards, gyroscope support, and a few others bells and whistles, let me look

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ooooooh, my bad, Poppy, you said you wanted more info on the game, sorry for not catching that earlier :embarrass:

But yeah, there's online play, leaderboards, gyroscope support, and a few others bells and whistles, let me look
YEAH; ALL RIGHT! ONLINE TENNIS! :awesome:
I at least want to know all the characters, but only 4 have been revealed to my knowledge, and they're pretty obvious ones, too(Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser). And Yoshi, because of the cover. And if the same teams are kept from Power Tennis, that auto-confirms Koopa Troopa, Daisy, and Bowser Jr.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Speaking of the Nintendo Direct trailers, someone said that Krom uses fire like Roy. Is this true?

If it is, then I will accept Krom as Roy's competition.
That was Oasis thinking because Chrome's sword is called Sealed Sword Falchion, that it might be like Roy's Sword of Seals.

Also, the the masked man who looks like Marth is featured prominently on FE13's box art.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, I'm really looking forward to Mario Tennis 3DS. I loved the Mario Tennis series.

D

Deleted member

That was Oasis thinking because Chrome's sword is called Sealed Sword Falchion, that it might be like Roy's Sword of Seals.

Also, the the masked man who looks like Marth is featured prominently on FE13's box art.

Oh. In that case, Roy's our boy.

EDIT: We have to automatically assume Waluigi's going to be in Mario Tennis Open, since he debuted in that series.
And by default, Wario as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Actually, I'm really looking forward to Mario Tennis 3DS. I loved the Mario Tennis series.
Me too. It's probably the next 3DS game Im going to buy lol. Not much into KI, although it does look decently fun.

I would prefer Wario to have Captain Syrup or Mona as his Partner.

D

Deleted member

Wait, both of them (Wario and Waluigi, I mean) are in it. Lol.

Confirmed characters:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Mii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uckc9UwW1Ak&

Expecting Waluigi to not appear in a Mario Tennis is like expecting Toad to not be in a Mario Kart. Lol.

D

Deleted member

Mario Wiki said something about Boo and linked to the video, but I haven't seen Boo.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I've seen Boo.

Also Birdo is probably in since Yoshi doesn't have a partner yet.

Which also means Boo needs a partner. Unless Boo is Yoshi's partner.

SMASHCHU DO YOU HAVE IDEAS FOR SAKI'S SPECIALS? :V

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Me too. It's probably the next 3DS game Im going to buy lol. Not much into KI, although it does look decently fun.

I would prefer Wario to have Captain Syrup or Mona as his Partner.
I wasn't into KI, but that new trailer changed my mind. I see myself having a good time for a while with it

D

Deleted member

I've seen Boo.

Also Birdo is probably in since Yoshi doesn't have a partner yet.

Which also means Boo needs a partner. Unless Boo is Yoshi's partner.

SMASHCHU DO YOU HAVE IDEAS FOR SAKI'S SPECIALS? :V
Can you point out where in the video it is? I might have not been paying attention.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'unno, he was in the Nintendo Direct thing though.

It must have been fate that I noticed him right away.

Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom