• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Chrono you sure as heck are into those Kid Icarus Uprising OVA's. I think you are possibly more into that then you are/were into Ridley, lol. :bee:

Chrono, do you think they will be really great=??? :confused:
Or do you think they could reveal some information about Paletuna and/or Medusa as to whether they could make great playable characters in smash bros=??? :smirk:

Whatever you see as a possibility, it certainly has made you hone in on the Kid Icarus Uprising OVA's. :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pfft Johnknight, I'm into OVAs as much as Chrono. Always approving an animated canon stuff. And also, really interested to see how Medusa came back to life, and how Palutena deals with a huge army (and please let there be Shaft-fanservice...)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Somebody had to mention fan service... :rolleyes: :laugh: :chuckle:

I think that it sounds interesting, and it has a bunch of potential. :bee: :reverse: :smirk:

However, it could always turn out awful. Remember the Devil May Cry anime... :urg: :facepalm: :(

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrono you sure as heck are into those Kid Icarus Uprising OVA's. I think you are possibly more into that then you are/were into Ridley, lol. :bee:

Chrono, do you think they will be really great=??? :confused:
Or do you think they could reveal some information about Paletuna and/or Medusa as to whether they could make great playable characters in smash bros=??? :smirk:

Whatever you see as a possibility, it certainly has made you hone in on the Kid Icarus Uprising OVA's. :laugh:
That's it. Its just that I want something to learn more about Palutena and Medusa, and whether they could be characters that would be able to transition into Smash Bros. I still don't have an opinion supporting or against the two goddesses, though I hope Uprising and the OVAs convince me on them since there are so few characters that I am interested in being newcomers for Smash 4.

Also, no character could ever replace Ridley for me as my most desired newcomer. He has been my most wanted character for Smash Bros. since Melee was unveiled.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sakurai is too busy working on the E3 Super Smash Bros 4 reveal trailer to post any more information on the OVAs

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I'm probably late to the party, but not much of the new news interests me all that much outside of Uprising and Project Rainfall succeeding again.

OVAs? As another thought, maybe they'll be included as unlockables in-game?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakurai is too busy working on the E3 Super Smash Bros 4 reveal trailer to post any more information on the OVAs
Are you being serious?

I am not expecting Sakurai himself to give more information on the OVAs, but rather perhaps the official Uprising website.

Also, I think Sakurai is simply at the very beginning of Smash 4's development. It would really be asking a lot of him to show something at E3 this year when development has just started. Heck, Sakurai said that he wished he had not showed Kid Icarus Uprising as early as he did (which was already a year into development when it was unveiled).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oas: Of course, pfft. It makes a lot of sense anyway. Medusa's stare turns you into a stone. Explains also why Centurions were statues in Kid Icarus which is why you had to free them by getting lotsa mallets and breaking them free in dungeons.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would be a pretty neat SPECIAL MOVE to turn people into a rock like Kirby's Down Special.

What's a stage with a lot of slopes. Distant Planet? Banned.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it was HER head specifically, I think it was just A Medusa Head, like in Castlevania.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think the REAL question is, when does this thread die and SSB4 get it's own little part of the boards? Was anyone around HERE for Pre-Brawl and know when Brawl got its own section?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think the REAL question is, when does this thread die and SSB4 get it's own little part of the boards? Was anyone around HERE for Pre-Brawl and know when Brawl got its own section?
I think Smash 4 will get its own section once it is formally unveiled (gets a trailer that confirms some newcomers).

As for your second question, I was around here for pre-Brawl, but I don't remember when Brawl got its own section. I did not become active on SmashBoards until the second half of 2007.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
I remember three sections (but I think there were more) a general speculation, a character one, and a (after the game was released in Japan and spoilers were running rampant) a no spoiler forum.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Once the game releases in Japan, Youtube and SWF are off limits to me. I'm SERIOUS. I don't want to know any of the hidden characters.

With Melee, I didn't know any of the hidden characters, and so unlocking them was a big suprise, and I loved the cast. However, with Brawl, I knew the whole cast prior and thought it fell flat. I think it's mainly because of me not being suprised. So I might as well make my 50 bucks worth it.

That's gameplay aside too ;D

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
WHY do Brawlies talk about Rosters? its been years pretty sure a lot of you have grown up by now :/
I am not excited for the 3ds smash bros it'll be something retarted but I'm excited for the Smash Bros WiiU hoping it'll be a good smash brothers this time
Didn't we and your own Melee people take care of you like 5 months ago? LOL

Nine, did you know that Sheik is going to be replaced?
You guys are learning at least... ^^

:phone:
These two quotes made me die.

Once the game releases in Japan, Youtube and SWF are off limits to me. I'm SERIOUS. I don't want to know any of the hidden characters.

With Melee, I didn't know any of the hidden characters, and so unlocking them was a big suprise, and I loved the cast. However, with Brawl, I knew the whole cast prior and thought it fell flat. I think it's mainly because of me not being suprised. So I might as well make my 50 bucks worth it.

That's gameplay aside too ;D
The sooner the spoilers come the better for me. I need to know what I'm looking out for as a competitve player and to be a pioneer player in the new-born scene.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I've known who every hidden character was in both Melee and Brawl before I got them

Although Ness, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff being in Smash 64 surprised me. Smash 64 was my first Smash game (and I played before Melee came out), but the only character my friends had unlocked was Luigi, so I didn't actually find out that Ness, Falcon, and Jiggs were in 64 until I was like 14 when I got the game for myself from one of the pawn shops I go to. LOL

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
What was the Brawl section like? Like, what were the subsections and whatnot

Go into your settings and chanhe it so that you see all the threads, not just the ones posted in within a year or something like that, and then go to brawl characters and you can see what that part of the boards was like. Fun fact: the last thread posted in was Bomberman's alliance ^_^

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What was the Brawl section like? Like, what were the subsections and whatnot

There was a LOT of character lobbying, and I was, sadly, part of it. In fact, that's all I can remember being in Brawl discussion for the longest time.

Basically, it was a giant version of this thread.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Am I the only one hoping they don't use the same fast pace OR slow-floatyness as melee or brawl respectively? Tech skill was required for melee and quit reflexes in order to be "good" while brawl you were good if you were just smart with your characters/matchups/spacing. I hope they make a good balance. I don't want to cramp my hands up from the tech skill/high learning curve like Melee does to me today (though I still love it)... I want something new and fresh that also doesn't go the same path brawl did.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Am I the only one hoping they don't use the same fast pace OR slow-floatyness as melee or brawl respectively? Tech skill was required for melee and quit reflexes in order to be "good" while brawl you were good if you were just smart with your characters/matchups/spacing. I hope they make a good balance. I don't want to cramp my hands up from the tech skill/high learning curve like Melee does to me today (though I still love it)... I want something new and fresh that also doesn't go the same path brawl did.
This is kind how I feel honestly. I mean I love Melee & Brawl don't get me wrong, however like with Brawl I want a nice change of pace in terms of gameplay.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
All I can say about SSB4 in terms of gameplay is, don't expect it to be anything like Melee, or even Brawl really. It's going to be itself.

Also, check out the video of Sakurai explaining some of the KI stuff. Not only has it got me interested in the game, but he's already referenced Smash bros.

"These particular beam claws have paralysis properties" Anyone else thinking that might be a way to "customize" your character? Giving their attacks new/unique properties?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
No this is actually a common hope.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Honestly, as a casual Smasher, I'd like to have the faster pace that Melee had simply because I never liked slow paced fighting games (I'm looking at you, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance); fast pacing in a fighting game just seems second nature to me

D

Deleted member

I feel a happy medium between Melee and Brawl would be best, but that's just because Brawl is slow, and I doubt it would ever be Melee fast again.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Game is looking pretty boss. Sakurai also has a video explaining more of the game. It's times like these that I really wish I had a 3DS.

Two things. The daybreak is defiantly this game's Dragoon. I wonder if they'll add it in Smash as an alternative to that weapon. Second, maybe Palutena could use some of the powers. I thought that they were powers she gave to put, so maybe.

That's it. Its just that I want something to learn more about Palutena and Medusa, and whether they could be characters that would be able to transition into Smash Bros. I still don't have an opinion supporting or against the two goddesses, though I hope Uprising and the OVAs convince me on them since there are so few characters that I am interested in being newcomers for Smash 4.

Also, no character could ever replace Ridley for me as my most desired newcomer. He has been my most wanted character for Smash Bros. since Melee was unveiled.
I mean, they probably will. They will fit really nicely into plus, plus they fight with the AR cards.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Honestly, as a casual Smasher, I'd like to have the faster pace that Melee had simply because I never liked slow paced fighting games (I'm looking at you, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance); fast pacing in a fighting game just seems second nature to me
Like you, I consider myself a somewhat casual Smash player. I only use that term to separate myself from the competitive community, which I pretty much abhor; not a great idea for me to come on SWF, then, but eh.

That being said, I never understood why Brawl was considered very slow-paced. I mean, I am aware that the physics are much floatier than Melee's, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the gameplay is slower. The pace depends on the player(s), and how he/she/they choose to play the game. If you've got four human players (which is often how I'm playing), then the game has a pace that I consider appropriate. I mean, yes, it is a bit slower than Melee in terms of the way matches progress, but I'm fine with that. I guess my point here is that Melee was very fast, and Brawl is a good bit slower. That doesn't make Brawl slow, it just makes it average in terms of speed.

But apparently, many people aren't (an overwhelming amount of which are competitive/meta players), which is something that I don't quite understand.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'm laughing at the emotionless, generic voiceovers on all of the Nintendo videos right now. The action is cool, but the voices just make it seem more boring than it should. :laugh: Nevertheless, KI Uprising is looking good.

Probably late to say this, but Dillon's Rolling Western was just recently released on the 3DS e-Shop. The names of those rock monsters in the trailers are Grocks... how original...

In terms of the pacing of the gameplay, I'm fine with either Brawl or Melee's approach to speed, but a faster game makes the action more exciting, IMO. I consider myself a casual player.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'm pretty casual I'm just competitively educated if that makes sense. I've never been to a tourney, play with items sometimes, and play 4 player FFA on lolbroken boards majority of the time but I still know about DACUS, jump cancelled throws, DI vs Smash DI, etc.

@bread
Brawl wasn't average-speeded but I see how you could come to that conclusion. Brawl was slow by many standards not just because if the floatiness, but also because of the hitstun, and iirc the engine. With that being said if ssb4 was brawl's speed I would be happy, if it was Melee's I'd be disappointed, if it was in between I'd be the most satisfied.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of the Nintendo Direct trailers, someone said that Krom uses fire like Roy. Is this true?

If it is, then I will accept Krom as Roy's competition.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Fasterpaced game for me please. And the ability to slam up combos. Something to keep me being quick-reflexed.

That's all I want. Fast, frantic and quick, action-packed fun. I'm not very competitive, but the quick-hit paced battles are always fun. (-òvó-)

Cilan said:
Can you keep up with it?

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I myself prefer the Melee speed. Although a compromise of speed (somewhere in between Melee and Brawl) might be a great alternative.

Also, here's a Steam group I made supporting Beedle. I think it's a good way to support any characters you might want in the next Smash. Just don't bash it. Make your own page for the character(s) you want instead. ;)

Beedle's Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom