• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I get it. Because you're Star.

@HyperFalcon: His tail is actually stretchy, so having it short while idle and long while in use would be no big deal.

D

Deleted member

@HyperFalcon: His tail is actually stretchy, so having it short while idle and long while in use would be no big deal.
This.

Yoshi does the same thing, and his tail's pretty damn short in comparison.

@asage: I've seen enough to know where this conversation is headed....

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273

Well then.

That's what she said.

@Kolorado In order:

Mario: I kinda like FLUDD, but definitely make it, and moves like it (e.g. Water Gun) do damage. It's a neat way to incorporate Sunshine into the moveset.

Luigi: Yes. A million, thousand times yes. Hopefully Luigi's Mansion 2 introduces some new Poltergust mechanics.

Bowser: Sure, why not. More of an aesthetic change, but you raise a valid point. I'd like to see his B moves made less generic; give them a more Mario-series feel.

Ganondorf: Also yes. Sweet Jesus, why do we still have a Ganondorf that's a Luigified Falcon clone.

Kirby: Yeehaw. I'm thinking a move based on either his new Leaf or Water abilities from Return to Dreamland.

Pit: Yep. I'd say his moveset is in less need of a revamp, but Uprising is going to be so filled with content, it'd be a crime to not incorporate it.

Sonic: Eh, I kinda like the spinning specials moveset. It really suits him well. But his air moves certainly need changed.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited for new characters, but I think I am just as excited to seem some returning characters improved. Some personal suggestions:

Mario: Change his down B back. Flood is terrible.

Luigi: Give him some moves based on the Poltergust.

Bowser: When performing his down B, he should land on his feet. In the Mario games he always stomps with his feet, not his butt.

Ganondorf: Complete overhaul.

Kirby: Change side B. There are enough hammers in the game already.

Fox, Falco and Wolf: Make more diverse. At least give them different Final Smashes.

Pit: New moves based on Uprising.

Sonic: Change side B to his boost, so that all his moves don't consist of spinning. Give him more KO potential.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
OASIS found something regarding the poltergust thingy on the Melee blog. Basically he didn't incorperate it into Weegee's moveset because he wasn't sure how LM would turn out. Now that we have a second one... maybe he will look at it again? I hope.

D

Deleted member

@Shortie: With LM2 coming out it's a possibility.

Also, Vinyl said Ridley can't talk?
LOL. He may not talk in the games (why would he waste time talking to Samus when trying to kill her is much more efficient?), but in the canon (as confirmed by Nintendo) e-manga for Metroid, Ridley has shown to be capable of speech.

Example: http://imageshack.us/f/442/scmetroidv02ch008010.png/

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Because I have an inexplicable love for making height charts:

That's how the Smash Pokemon, and our top newcoming candidates, stack up to each other in height. :3

(The heights are in centimeters like they SHOULD be)

((I was going to put Meowth up there, but I didn't want to make ANOTHER 40cm one))

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Because I have an inexplicable love for making height charts:

That's how the Smash Pokemon, and our top newcoming candidates, stack up to each other in height. :3

(The heights are in centimeters like they SHOULD be)

((I was going to put Meowth up there, but I didn't want to make ANOTHER 40cm one))
I can agree with this. If you're making a weight chart, my suggestion is that Victini should be one click heavier than Mario. Mewtwo inspired.

That's what she said. :awesome:
I know. I was just recapping what Tentacruel she said. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

For good measure, throw in Deoxys and Keldeo as well. Just as a comparison.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wouldn't say "agree." Those are just the official heights of the Pokemon in Smash. You can only accept it.

Keldeo can suck a lemon.

D

Deleted member

Is that why you haven't made my Keldeo request for the Make Your Own Roster? :glare:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Fun Fact: I actually made Keldeo on a troll roster image, I just didn't think anyone would ask for it.

I would HOPE no one asks for it. It's even worse than Genesect.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
There are reasons why I don't visit this thread very often...

But let's face it, Pikachu, jiggz, and mewtwo are the biggest choices for ssb4.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Awh, Yani is gone? Why do I always miss these things? Anyone know why? I liked him :I
Yani went cause of Impa discussions and stuff. I dunno, I've been coming on less and less to this thread as time goes on. I doubt I'll fully leave, i'll def be around when info is released, but school takes it's toll, and this discussion goes around in circles alot.

In any case, good to see ya all. :)

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
There are reasons why I don't visit this thread very often...

But let's face it, Pikachu, jiggz, and mewtwo are the biggest choices for ssb4.
Yeah, but all three of those characters (plus Red) not getting in would cause most fans (myself included) to rage uncontrollably. The real debate comes down to why Genesect is the obvious choice for a 5th gen rep :troll:.

Seriously, though, the Pokemon franchise is huge and deserves to have a pretty huge playable character presence, regardless of what characters aside from the three mentioned above make the cut.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh God, I came in about to ask for news (by the way, anything worth mention happening since Saturday=???) and you guys are going on fanboy rants over which new Pokémon will be playable in smash. This is why I hate Pokémon discussions; not enough Pokéballs or bosses, and too many "Victini vs. Zoroark vs. this flavor of the month." Honestly, I have stopped giving a crap which new Pokémon will get in because of it... :laugh:
I think that has already happened, but that is just me.
Maybe. We won't know until we know. :cool:
Edit:
B Moves. You give me new B Moves, until then. Semi clones they will stay.
I agree it should happen, but those require the most work. So far with the clones in terms of "different B moves," we have:
[COLLAPSE="B Move Changes for all Brawl clones"]Luigi: He has totally different side B from Mario (his side B is more like Pikachu's, Pichu's, and Jigglypuff's). His down B is also totally different from Mario's, thanks to Mario's down B changing. All the other changes are moves with the same frames, but either different effects or executions.

Toon Link: Mostly moves with different effects or executions. You could argue his Boomerang is different enough from the Gale Boomerang, but I wouldn't. Personally I think the Gale Boomerang is awful and Link needs a new B move
(especially since Link didn't use a Boomerang in Skyward Sword)
, and then Toon Link's other 3 specials either need to be changed or heavily altered.

Ganondorf: Regardless of whether he gets a new moveset or not (involving a sword), I think his specials all have to go... except for his forward B. I think his Forward B should remain fairly similar. The rest should just be changed entirely or thrown out. Maybe bring some moves that would allow him to play like his Melee-self without still being a clone.

Falco: His down B now is used differently, and I would argue is okay as it is. His other specials got a bit more different from Fox's, but I would still like to see them change more. I think he could use two blasters instead of one (that are used differently with new frames) and perhaps a new up B recovery in particular (something involving him being a bird or technology... maybe?).

Wolf: His forward I would argue is his most different move. His up B I think is almost as different as it could be. Maybe add some new technological aspect to it to where it comes out differently or makes Wolf teleport. I think his neutral B should be a claw or some sort of close range weapon. As for the down B, something new entirely needs to be that move.

Lucas: Aside from his B moves, he is dang near totally different from Ness. His neutral B I think is different enough from Ness to be called original, although I think it needs to come out faster and be able to go farther. I think PK Thunder is fine, but if it were to change, something similar I think would be best. Perhaps a missile like recovery or a more simple blast (maybe give Ness his super teleport from EarthBound, too). Meanwhile, I think either or both his forward B or down B need to change. I think we all see those as moves that belong to Ness. Maybe make PK Love Ness' forward B, and perhaps some PK psychic Wave as Lucas' down B.[/COLLAPSE]
Edit 2: Has a certain SSBF come to his senses yet=???
Remember, I predicted (within) three months...

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Shh shh shh
so SAKURAI has officially started with the next Smash Brothers! :)
I'm hoping and praying for a good smash bros this time.
We must all let him hear us and say we don't want floaty physics, tripping, toadstooling,MK being OP, and have Melee's fast paced style.
I hope they bring back the single air dodge to have the exploit of wavedashing omg im excited but worried D:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
First off, just read that Sakurai officially began working on these two smash bros games two days ago. About dang time! YIPEE!!! :) It's been so short yet so long until the last smash bros game. By the time I get my claws on these two new games, I won't even be in college, which astounds me. I couldn't even imagine of the concept of this "Brawl" being a real, tangible, playable game! :grin: Now we are within 3 to 5 year of the release of the next smash bros game. And not just one smash bros. game, but TWO! Boy this is exciting! It's like we could get a Christmas present any day randomly, possibly multiple times this year, and dozens of times in the upcoming years! :cool:
I just had this day dream y'all coming in my house at night with chain saws and samurai blades to slaughter me in my sleep for wanting Impa in Smash.

So far I'm making preparations...
This is when you know you crossed into the land of extreme fanboyism. Diddy Kong, you have gone farther into the fanboyism of Impa than Hyper Falcon is into Waluigi, Kuma is devoted to wanting Smash Bros series to become a Street Fighter clone, asage is into Victini , *gasp* I was/am into Toon Link, and Oasis is into himself. :glare: :reverse: :awesome: :grin: :laugh: :chuckle: :bee:
You weren't around for the Hamtaro discussion quite a few pages back. Nintendo owns the IP when it comes to video games, and one of the games was even referenced in Brawl's Chronicle.
Plus, I needed a WTF character that was actually a WTF. Not like Diskun or Duck Hunt Dog.
The "had to originate on a video game" rule was only stated as a minimum requirement for 3rd Parties.
Kobe Bryant from NBA Courtside 2 featuring Kobe Bryant, which was made by NINTENDO! :awesome: BAM! AWESOMES!!! Kobe Bryant for smash!!!
(btw I hate him, LA, and the Fakers)
BTW, anyone else think that it was weird that Snake got the MGS Game Over theme for his victory theme?
That always surprises me, no matter how many times I hear it. It is just... weird to hear when Snake wins. The MGS3/4 version of the Metal Gear Solid theme I think would make a more "suitable" victory theme.

The MGS Game Over theme should be Snake's defeat theme. By the way, defeat themes need to happen! :laugh: Mario can get the Super Mario Bros death music, Luigi can get whatever death music plays in Luigi's Mansion, Peach can get the Bowser Castle theme, and Bowser can get whatever theme plays when he fails in the Paper Mario games! :laugh:

Kuma is devoted to wanting Smash Bros series to become a Street Fighter clone
You have the right to say that if he's still devoted or um.... Encouraging his control revamp idea with all that LMH stuff (Which he isn't). If he is though, then I would be aiming my pointing finger to him right now.

Right now though, it's just subtle gameplay changes and minor to major moveset adjustments so you can't say that he wants Smash to become a traditional fighter. I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom