• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So anyway, size is adjusted out of necessity. It has never been necessary for Ridley to be around Samus's size since Metroid doesn't have a lot of silly party games.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
DK64 was a good game and is canon, but k rool being that big is just not what I had in mind. It should've been like bowser from super Mario 64.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
DK64 was a good game and is canon, but k rool being that big is just not what I had in mind. It should've been like bowser from super Mario 64.
I vote for Rainbow Dash. But she's too MLP for SSB4.

Technically, DK's original game is... DK :troll: So ya'lls wrong.

D

Deleted member

These are also true:
Super Mario 64 is not canon due to 64 DS.
Red/Green/Blue are not canon due to FireRed/LeafGreen.
Gold/Silver are not canon due to HeartGold/SoulSilver.

:troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Vinyl: Um... I'm pretty sure the original Metroid is canon. And let's face it. Ridley is the only possible choice. Dark Samus would probably be a clone, and Anthony Higgs is a one-shot. The only other distantly potential candidate is Kraid. And I'm talking NES/SNES(Fake Kraid) size here.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
@Vinyl: Um... I'm pretty sure the original Metroid is canon. And let's face it. Ridley is the only possible choice. Dark Samus would probably be a clone, and Anthony Higgs is a one-shot. The only other distantly potential candidate is Kraid. And I'm talking NES/SNES(Fake Kraid) size here.
What about one of the other bounty hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters?

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Woah woah woah. Lucas is a guaranteed cut because America isn't getting Mother 3 within the forseeable future, or even ever?

Noooooo no no no. I disagree.

And also Ridley is likely going to be in Super Smash Bros. 4. I'm very sorry for any dissonance within the thread, but he's one of the most requested Nintendo newcomers, and he's kinda awesome. The size argument literally never works anymore after Olimar. Ever.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
No. Not ever. Think about the main characters and the Main enemies. Those are the ones that are likely to be in ssb4. Except ridley. He's a boss and you guys know it. That character never even talks.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No. Not ever. Think about the main characters and the Main enemies. Those are the ones that are likely to be in ssb4. Except ridley. He's a boss and you guys know it. That character never even talks.
Why are you breathing my airspace, Trollolinyl?

Pokemon Trainer doesn't talk in FR & LG. He does in Brawl. Pit never talked in ALL of his games. He did in Brawl. ZSamus never talked in any of her games, to my knowledge. She did in Brawl.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
If Capcom can make characters as big as Sentinel and Gold Lightan work for fighting games, why can't Nintendo make Ridley work for SSB?

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
@Oasis It didn't hold water before Olimar, but he certainly cemented the idea that excluding characters based on size is kinda f*cking dumb. I mean, he's an inch and a half tall. Done and done.

Characters that don't talk fancy audible words in their games or in Brawl: Mr. G&W, R.O.B., Donkey and Diddy Kong (text in some games), Ice Climbers (they only have grunts and noises in Brawl), Kirby, Link, Olimar (only says his name in Pikmin 2).

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
Well, that's a different game overall. But still, resizing can be done.
Yes, but I think the same principle can be applied to Smash without having to down-size Ridley. They have plenty of characters with odd mechanics. Ice Climbers fight as a team, Pokemon trainer switches out characters, Olimar depends on Pikmin, Mr. Game and Watch is flat. Captain Falcon didn't even appear outside of his vehicle before Smash. I think the Smash Bros. team has enough creativity to figure out how to make Ridley work.

Then again, they did shrink Charizard...

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
@Oasis It didn't hold water before Olimar, but he certainly cemented the idea that excluding characters based on size is kinda f*cking dumb. I mean, he's an inch and a half tall. Done and done.

Characters that don't talk fancy audible words in their games or in Brawl: Mr. G&W, R.O.B., Donkey and Diddy Kong (text in some games), Ice Climbers (they only have grunts and noises in Brawl), Kirby, Link, Olimar (only says his name in Pikmin 2).
Yeah, and isn't Kirby supposed to be only 8 inches tall?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Really, the size debate? Olimar is the size of a quarter, Kirby is 8 inches, and the Pokemon that have been in Smash vary vastly from their stated sizes in the games, at least when compared to each other.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait we're having a size argument? It's certainly been a while since we've had one of those.

Although, I don't know why you're only talking about Ridley when we should be talking about Medusa. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ridley's large size makes no difference. His tail size is another story. That thing is long as a tentacle.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is our shock character for the next Super Smash Bros.

Since everyone loves suggesting some of the most bizarre choices when it comes to retro characters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom