• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The official art for the My Unit in FE13 looks a lot like Marth:

Oh, and Multiplayer in Uprising has three-part weapon similar to Dragoon called Genesis.

Cilan said:
But it doesn't hurt to play safe and serve your best (meal) a second time for ones who liked it before, does it?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
OH, I just realized. If Krom's SEALED SWORD is like Roy's, and it too can produce flames, then I think that would MURDER Roy's chances.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
WHY do Brawlies talk about Rosters? its been years pretty sure a lot of you have grown up by now :/
I am not excited for the 3ds smash bros it'll be something retarted but I'm excited for the Smash Bros WiiU hoping it'll be a good smash brothers this time

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Not just that, but the trailer heavily implies that FE:A is connected to the Akaneia (Marth) duo.
I saw the Shield of Seals (or something that looked practically the same as it) at the end of the trailer (with the logo), but I saw nothing linking FE13's universe with Akaneia. Though they did mention that characters from other Fire Emblem games would show up as DLC for FE13.

Sealed Sword Falchion also looks more like it is a two-handed sword, and My Unit has Chrome/Krom's holy sword too.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So basically, don't bring back Marth, Ike, OR Roy, and just have Krom as some sort of amalgamation of all three.

Special: Eruption/Roy's whatever move
Up Special: Aether
Side Special: Dancing Blade
Down Special: COUNTER

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm still holding to the opinion that this will somehow tie into the original two games. For those interested here is official artwork for Krom.

Sealed Sword Falchion also looks more like it is a two-handed sword, and My Unit has Chrome/Krom's holy sword too.
As far as I can tell no where in the video did it look any heavier than a normal blade.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So basically, don't bring back Marth, Ike, OR Roy, and just have Krom as some sort of amalgamation of all three.

Special: Eruption/Roy's whatever move
Up Special: Aether
Side Special: Dancing Blade
Down Special: COUNTER
Marth would NEVER EVER be cut. He is Mr. Fire Emblem.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, Starphoenix, you now think Krom is likely?
Never said I did, I simply like his design the more I see him. Personally, outside of Marth and Ike I really don't care what happens to the Fire Emblem series, much like Pokémon. Even then the only reason I like Ike is because he is main. Just because I like a character (at this moment) does not mean there is conflict with what I have previously stated.

For those who have a 3DS Dillon's Rolling Western is available right now. He still sounds like Zero from MMZ.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There are apparently a lot of people that think the masked man in the FE13 trailer is Marth. If it is indeed Marth, will this be like FE10 where Micaiah was upstaged by Ike?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There are apparently a lot of people that think the masked man in the FE13 trailer is Marth. If it indeed Marth, will this be like FE10 where Micaiah was upstaged by Ike?
I doubt it. It also seems to me like the My Unit is more like an adviser (like in that one FE game) than an actual fighter. Could be wrong on that though.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Shh shh shh
so SAKURAI has officially started with the next Smash Brothers! :)
I'm hoping and praying for a good smash bros this time.
We must all let him hear us and say we don't want floaty physics, tripping, toadstooling,MK being OP, and have Melee's fast paced style.
I hope they bring back the single air dodge to have the exploit of wavedashing omg im excited but worried D:
I still don't get why people want Melee 2.0... Sakurai isn't going to bring those mechanics back the same way he isn't going to bring Pichu or the Dr. back, get over it. >_>

That always surprises me, no matter how many times I hear it. It is just... weird to hear when Snake wins. The MGS3/4 version of the Metal Gear Solid theme I think would make a more "suitable" victory theme.

The MGS Game Over theme should be Snake's defeat theme. By the way, defeat themes need to happen! :laugh: Mario can get the Super Mario Bros death music, Luigi can get whatever death music plays in Luigi's Mansion, Peach can get the Bowser Castle theme, and Bowser can get whatever theme plays when he fails in the Paper Mario games! :laugh:
I always have to explain this, since people forget it, but...

Metal Gear Solid had a VR Training mode. If you completed a VR mission in there, you'd get a clear tune. Can you guess what it is?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Okay, it has been confirmed that the masked man is not a "My Unit".

It shows the My Unit on the official site for FE13, and none of the examples are of the masked man.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/afej/index.html
Yeah, it's Marth. Considering he is a part of the opening cutscene that also means he is a part of the story and not solely a DLC character. Might also explain why both him and Krom have Falchions.

I know right?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i don't know if people would like this, but would you like it if a Centurion becomes playable? if so, what playstyle/weapon would you give him?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's Marth. Considering he is a part of the opening cutscene that also means he is a part of the story and not solely a DLC character. Might also explain why both him and Krom have Falchions.
I am not going to say its Marth unless its confirmed. However, if it is Marth.... Masked Marth as an alternate costume for Smash 4?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
does that really warrant a separate costume? i mean it's wy i don't like the idea of masked dedede.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
i don't know if people would like this, but would you like it if a Centurion becomes playable? if so, what playstyle/weapon would you give him?
If ya mean those fighters in multiplayer, they're not "Centurions". (-l,l-);

But I dunno, they better do lots of impact on players first and make them think that they kick Miis' *****.

I thought of something like that too. But like Chrono, not gonna hold my breath on that one. I would be wierded so much out if they revealed Marth was "an antagonist" or something. (just doesn't fit him at all)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well damn... i thought the centurions got a overhaul in appearance... so the centies still look like crap from brawl?

I don't like calling them "fighters"...

EDIT: he could be an antagonist based on the story, not necessarily a bad guy.... y'know... shades of gray.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I thought of something like that too. But like Chrono, not gonna hold my breath on that one. I would be wierded so much out if they revealed Marth was "an antagonist" or something. (just doesn't fit him at all)
Well a good guy being possessed by a demonic force has happened before in the Fire Emblem series.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well a good guy being possessed by a demonic force has happened before in the Fire Emblem series.
Makes sense then. MASKED MARTH....

Augusto: Pfft, I love Centurions. OPTION!!!!! (ala Gradius) in Kid Icarus. TRIPLE. TIMES.

INFINITE. Until they run out.

It really, really helps defeating em bosses. Right Tri-Hy?

Tri-Hy?

TR33333HYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am not going to say its Marth unless its confirmed. However, if it is Marth.... Masked Marth as an alternate costume for Smash 4?
I thought Marth was in from the very first trailer shown at the first Nintendo Direct, but I did not pursue it further because there was so little to base that on. Now I feel much more confident that the character I saw from the very first trailer is Marth.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If that masked man IS Marth, then.....

Krom is no longer a potential candidate.

@Whoever suggested "defeat themes" and asked about a Luigi's Mansion one for Luigi: This one's perfect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2iCIF6p7CU
I don't see how that would disqualify him? Granted, being the latest lord should not give him priority over other characters, but Marth playing a secondary role does not hurt him just the same.

D

Deleted member

Krom would then be like Caeda, Nabarl, My Unit, etc.
Just secondary characters within Marth's chapters.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Krom would then be like Caeda, Nabarl, My Unit, etc.
Just secondary characters within Marth's chapters.
Krom is the central prince of the story, not Marth. Hence why I said Marth is in the role of a support character. Considering we do not even know the story we have no idea why Marth is even present.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I thought Marth was in from the very first trailer shown at the first Nintendo Direct, but I did not pursue it further because there was so little to base that on. Now I feel much more confident that the character I saw from the very first trailer is Marth.
I know what you are talking about. I thought that Marth-like character looking like that enemy unit looking like that was simply a coincidence.

There is probably going to be some clarification about the masked man in a week or so.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is another point. Fire Emblem: Awakening is going to have DLC that includes new maps and missions that also include older characters. In a way it is possible that this game may also be, in a round about way, the Fire Emblem all star game Intelligent Systems talked about awhile back.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is another point. Fire Emblem: Awakening is going to have DLC that includes new maps and missions that also include older characters. In a way it is possible that this game may also be, in a round about way, the Fire Emblem all star game Intelligent Systems talked about awhile back.
The funny thing is that if you count the DLC of older Fire Emblem characters as "FE All-Stars", then two of three desired future projects from that Shadow Dragon interview have now happened. I remember there was one of them that said they wanted to remake Akaneia Senki and see how the system could change for the DS. There was a remake of Akaneia Senki (AKA BS Fire Emblem) in FE12.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You have the right to say that if he's still devoted or um.... Encouraging his control revamp idea with all that LMH stuff (Which he isn't). If he is though, then I would be aiming my pointing finger to him right now.

Right now though, it's just subtle gameplay changes and minor to major moveset adjustments so you can't say that he wants Smash to become a traditional fighter. I guess.
No, I was merely making fun of Kuma, Diddy Kong, Oasis, asage, etc. I also made fun of myself. It was merely a joke making fun of all of us. Can't we all have fun making fun of each other without personal attacks=??? *proceeds to call berserker a Toad-aholic*
Brofist. Now.
After living in Anaheim when people would light entire streets on fire (and L.A. was much worse), I have no respect for anything from L.A.
Oh ****. I forgot that Sakurai will start making the game. Now my guts regarding Toad are playing safe. I MUST PLAY SAFE. *Does not expect Toad*. I still want him and believe he's supah likely but *Still plays safe*
Toad and Bowser Jr. are both still up in the air and a bit of wild card characters. I still view the Mario newcomers as wide open.
Brofist. Now.
After living in Anaheim when people would light entire streets on fire (and L.A. was much worse), I have no respect for anything from L.A.
Oh ****. I forgot that Sakurai will start making the game. Now my guts regarding Toad are playing safe. I MUST PLAY SAFE. *Does not expect Toad*. I still want him and believe he's supah likely but *Still plays safe*
Toad and Bowser Jr. are both still up in the air and a bit of wild card characters.
@Whoever suggested "defeat themes" and asked about a Luigi's Mansion one for Luigi: This one's perfect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2iCIF6p7CU
That was my idea. :cool: And HAHA, that theme is awesome. That would be perfect.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Also, we got no new information today about the Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs. We are now a month away from the game's release date and there has not been any new information about them since they were revealed back in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom