• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yoshi's partner could be Birdo or Baby Mario?

Boo was with Bowser before Junior was created, now... I don't know. lol, King Boo? If Nintendo was cool, he would be paired with a LM ghost, but he probably is paired with like, Dry Bones.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'unno, he was in the Nintendo Direct thing though.

It must have been fate that I noticed him right away.

Destiny.
If Paratroopa and Fly Guy come back and team up, Yoshi's partner will probably be Koopa Troopa again. And Boo might get Shy Guy again. Dunno.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Oh, forgot to mention. Wiggler and Petey Piranha better come back as a team.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want a new Mario Golf.

Nintendo, fulfill my dreams of casually doing 18 holes while on the go

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How much Alcohol was consumed before making the Power Tennis teams? That game wasn't even that good anyways. Prefer both the teams in 64, and the game altogether.

Seriously, those teams suck, and don't make sense. I need things to make sense. Wiggler and Petey? Are they the gay giant team? Other than that they have nothing in common.

And none of this in on topic. *clapclap* no more of this children, to the pool room with you~

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
How much Alcohol was consumed before making the Power Tennis teams? That game wasn't even that good anyways. Prefer both the teams in 64, and the game altogether.

Seriously, those teams suck, and don't make sense. I need things to make sense. Wiggler and Petey? Are they the gay giant team? Other than that they have nothing in common.

And none of this in on topic. *clapclap* no more of this children, to the pool room with you~
It probably references the fact that a Wiggler(albeit, a different one) and Petey were bosses in Sunshine.
Same thing with Petey and King Boo teamed up in Double Dash.

D

Deleted member

Kirby Air Ride getting a sequel will probably be when Sakurai quits being a game developer.

The reason he left Hal ended with Air Ride, even though it was frigging awesome.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Chrono: The Masked Guy looks like a mix of Marth and Sirius (Camus).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Probably my favorite character from FE:

[COLLAPSE="MEOW"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Have NOOOO idea what she does, but I love her design.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have actually played most of the Fire Emblem games, and here are my favorite characters:

Favorite units:
[COLLAPSE="Favorite unit"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Favorite antagonist:
[COLLAPSE="Favorite Antagonist"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Favorite girl:
[COLLAPSE="Favorite girl"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Cleod

Smash Cadet
The new smash should have wash-dashing. Roy and Mewtwo should be brought back definitely and overall it should be rather quick and competitive.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys seen the new Kid Icarus Uprising teaser with Sakurai? I think it has a lot of hints as to what will be in the new Smash Bros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nwg0vFVyHo
I wonder what parts of that video you think are hints into the next smash bros?

Kid Icarus Uprising does look like a cool game but honestly I didn't see many aspects that I would think fit into super smash bros.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm rather impressed by the depth in this game. It looks like Sakurai's starting to find the happy medium by basically let us decide for ourselves.

MOTHER****ING AWESOME!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm rather impressed by the depth in this game. It looks like Sakurai's starting to find the happy medium by basically let us decide for ourselves.

MOTHER****ING AWESOME!
Too bad I don't give two ****s about this game. Let's see this transfer over to Smash4, and then we can rejoice

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know? Let's talk about that.

Sakurai has seemed to find an excellent means of pleasing everyone. His biggest concern has always been beginner players, but this would often be at the expense of experienced players (i.e. Brawl). How do you suppose that Sakurai will try to achieve similar, if not better, results in Smash 4?

The way I see it, this leaves room for legitimate advanced techniques and things like being able to do specials, normals, jumps, dashes, etc. on IASA frames. Putting that stuff in allows you to go into the deeper trenches of the game, but you could still enjoy the game if you were to disregard those canceling options and techniques and play Smash like you could in the past. That's one thing Street Fighter hasn't been able to do in years and still be fun: Play without combos.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The way I see it, this leaves room for legitimate advanced techniques and things like being able to do specials, normals, jumps, dashes, etc. on IASA frames. Putting that stuff in allows you to go into the deeper trenches of the game, but you could still enjoy the game if you were to disregard those canceling options and techniques and play Smash like you could in the past. That's one thing Street Fighter hasn't been able to do in years and still be fun: Play without combos.
That's the big thing for me. Oasis would argue you're asking too much from a party game, but Smash has PLEASED ME IN THE PAST. I just want to be able to play SIMILAR to the way we once could. I don't need fancy shmancy stuff. Just faster paced, less floaty, with comboability. You can still have immense amounts of fun by NOT using any canceling or trying to combo, BUT in the past we have had the option to do those things. Which is something a lot of people enjoyed doing.

I may be a little too optimistic, but I think the dark days of Brawl are behind us. We may NEVER get Melee, but, anything is better than Brawl.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

MOTHER****ING AWESOME!
Hate to burst your bubble, but that's the same with Smash. Heck, same with Meteos and Kirby's Air Ride too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hate to burst your bubble, but that's the same with Smash. Heck, same with Meteos and Kirby's Air Ride too.
So then why did Brawl not provide this kind of option? And I'm not talking about the difficulty levels in single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom