• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is the only time where I'll accept a downgrade in characters; when the previous game's roster had terrible balancing issue. Overall, I really do like MvC3's roster (Still need to get the game, thought probably won't be able to due to this game and me needing to save up money for it).
Balance wasn't the only thing. The thing with first two MvC games was that they used sprites from other games and then put them into the game. There was no real thought put into balancing the characters, just stuffing a bunch of them in. MvC3 was both aiming for balance and was creating models from the ground up.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Chris the Ripper, you need to learn behave yourself. Your antics indicate you are obviously a child, so listen to me well. On the internet, as in everyday life, there is a level of respect you must show everyone. Throwing tantrums and arguing with each person is not respectful. No one is singling you out, only you are placing yourself in these situations.

Just as at work, or school or any place else; you can't misbehave. So here you should not do so either. Your membership is a privilege, not a right.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Lawl! Do you guys ever check the Currently Active users?i was gone for how long?30 min mabey? I was Freeforalling with the Falcon. I owned with 3 knees and 5 Pawnches. Oh and Star,can you plz make a Earthworm Jim gif? i'll behave

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Balance wasn't the only thing. The thing with first two MvC games was that they used sprites from other games and then put them into the game. There was no real thought put into balancing the characters, just stuffing a bunch of them in. MvC3 was both aiming for balance and was creating models from the ground up.
Off topic: Well while the balancing was decent enough for the characters, the roster was significantly slashed in half, I believe because of balancing it may have been so, that why the MvC3 was somewhat dissappointed with it.

But yea, I hope Sakurai includes such features as DLC, I doubt though that Megaman would even be part of DLC content because he would clearly be the money maker for Smash 4

Chris the Ripper

Make a Jim one plz?@star / To some1's earlier comment: I ran across Earthworm Jim on a ssb vid,and I thought "this will be a great character suggestion for Smashboards"

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
How was it you said that this fella could be ignored? Or was that just a mental practice you proposed...
If a user is bothering you, you can add them to your ignore list which is located under "edit ignore list" in the User CP.

D

Deleted member

It didn't help that the game went from having 15 characters in the first game to 50+ in the second game. Another prime example of why even with good games, if you jump too much, you have to press the restart button.

I'll admit it, as much as I'm against a below 40 slot roster for SSB4, I am equally as against a 55+ slot roster game with poor balancing. I'd like a noticeable, but gradual increase in it, which is why I have no problem with 44-49 slot roster. I think this way, the team will be able to try to make noticeable improvements with the balance so that people who worry about it will be satisfied (For the most part) while keeping it's selling point; the character roster (Why most people buy the game, thought other factors certainly play a major part).
Lawl! Do you guys ever check the Currently Active users?i was gone for how long?30 min mabey? I was Freeforalling with the Falcon. I owned with 3 knees and 5 Pawnches
You obviously ignored what Starphoenix was saying.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Make a Jim one plz?@star To some1's earlier comment: I ran across Earthworm Jim on a ssb vid,and I thought "this will be a great character suggestion for Smashboards"
Well you won't hear any complaints from me.I've always had a secret desire to see him in a Smash Broad game, as he would be a very interesting character. Never going to happen, but he is my oddball character choice.

Chris the Ripper

Well you won't hear any complaints from me.I've always had a secret desire to see him in a Smash Broad game, as he would be a very interesting character. Never going to happen, but he is my oddball character choice.
So are you with me or against me? Plz don't be one of "Them"

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, @Chris:

Before I make you anything, you need to start shaping up and not acting as you have a few pages ago.

Chris the Ripper

Who still thinks Master Hand should have a bigger role and the starting chapter of the story mode should be called "Master Hand's Master Plan"? :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Whoa Star, just ignore the guy, no need to get worked up over some childish comments, I feel he'll learn in time.

OmegaXXII

Who still thinks Master Hand should have a bigger role and the starting chapter of the story mode should be called "Master Hand's Master Plan"? :awesome:
I'll like the idea, it fits him, I believe both Master Hand and Crazy Hand should play a bigger role in SSE along with...
Sakurai

D

Deleted member

I think Medusa would be the perfect final character to unlock in the new SSE mode. Beat her as the final boss and if you win, you get to play as a more balanced version of Medusa that is balanced with other players.

Chris the Ripper

I'll like the idea, it fits him, I believe both Master Hand and Crazy Hand should play a bigger role in SSE along with...
Sakurai
But....Sakurai isnt evil...but what if the tripping effect he created manafested into a evil entity?......."The Fall!"

D

Deleted member

@OmegaXVII: Going into characters that would work as DLC, I think it should go to characters that are highly demanded, but were not relevant enough to be in the initial roster, ones they planned but could not put in time (For free), and third-party characters not in the roster. Would cost $2-$3 a pack for those you have to pay.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
You know another Mario character that would be interesting.

Birdo

Why, may you ask?

Popularity
Is very popular in Japan and Transsexuals (Being the first transsexual character)

Personality
"She" (It proper to refer to one as the gender they wish to be) has played roles as both a villain and supporting good guy. (e.g. SMB2, Wario Woods)

She has a very complex emotions and issues being a transsexual and neutral character

Roles in Videogames
People say we need more female characters well what about transsexuals?

She has been in more games then most of the wanted Mario characters (Geno, Waluigi, Fawful, Daisy, and even Bowser Jr.)

She is friends with many of the Mario character even though they have battle each other too.

Romantic involvement with Yoshi (Japanese)

Many cameo's such as Captain Rainbow, Smash, Kirby Superstar

Gameplay/Movesets
You would think because Birdo uses eggs she would be a Yoshi clone but the truth is she uses them differently and she doesn't have the tongue attack either. This is some moves that could be used her.

Egg shot: Classic spits and egg out to do damage. She can occasionally spit a fireball to do extra damage.

Extreme Egg Shot: A charging version of Egg shot (like Mario strikers)

Egg Roll: Just like Yoshi's

Vacuum Grasp: She can suck in air similar to Kirby to grab her opponents and even swallow them.

Birdo Kiss: Leaps forward to embrace her opponent and gives a kiss. This stuns them similar to Mewtwo's stun attack

Wierd Ball: She throws and egg but it moves in an akward angle

I'm kind of half joking on this since Toad is much better and there is already a lot of Mario characters. I lot of people keep throwing out character ideas and their reasons are usually really half brained.

I would like to see Birdo in Smash at least as an assist trophy. (The idea of Birdo running around trying to kiss everyone just popped into my head lol).

OmegaXXII

I think Medusa would be the perfect final character to unlock in the new SSE mode. Beat her as the final boss and if you win, you get to play as a more balanced version of Medusa that is balanced with other players.
She is my most wanted villain besides Wart.

She could definetly work like Porky, but afterwards be playable with a possible stage.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Kuma, I think the roster was a tad too obscure for my taste. I'm talking from the Marvel standpoint the firey guy, I have absolutely no idea who he is. As well as MODOK and the white skull faced guy. I can see why you would tag Hsien Ko, she is pretty dang obscure, but felicia has been in a few other cross overs. She is one of the more popular DarkStalker characters. Arthur i see as the sort of Game and watch of the Capcom side. I suppose the only characters I see problems with are:

Hsien Ko
MODOK
Skull face man

They all are too obscure. Even though I'm familar with Hsien, I still think she may be too obscure. I have never heard of the Skull face man. MODOK is just rediculous.

Here are the equivelants to these three in the Nintendo universe:

Hsien Ko - Daisy She's known, but only has only appeared (In a non-spin off game) a few times.

Modok - Jill Dozer They lack proper limbs, and it's weird to see them fight. (Jill to a lesser extent though)

Skull Face Man - Giygas No one but super fans know who they are!

With that being said, I rhink lesser known (But still popular characters) should be given a chance.

I'm all for some LGBT love, but not Birdo. She is kind of rediculous and a major laughing stock. Plus. she has about five other characters who are more deserving (unique then her)

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Well Im not interested in Megaman for ssb4,so ha!......... don't know who Klonoa is

That's Klonoa.

And I agree with SSBFan's idea for how DLC should work. It just makes sense that they'd do that.

While on the topic of DLC, which reminded me of unlocking characters for some reason, should they be unlocked via Melee's methods of unlocking, or Brawl's easy-way-out ones (Flower 1 HP stamina matches were bland for 400 matches)?

Chris the Ripper

Beware of my fanboy mentality! No matter how much sense and logic you throw at me,you are wrong all the same! < Thats gona be my new signature

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
She could definetly work like Porky, but afterwards be playable with a possible stage.
It would feel much more rewarding to go into a SSE-like game, fighting major antagonists like her, and unlocking them.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Modok - Jill Dozer They lack proper limbs, and it's weird to see them fight. (Jill to a lesser extent though)
I think this means that Slime is not out of the question just because he doesn't have limb.
Kazyx said:
While on the topic of DLC, which reminded me of unlocking characters for some reason, should they be unlocked via Melee's methods of unlocking, or Brawl's easy-way-out ones (Flower 1 HP stamina matches were bland for 400 matches)?
I'd like for it to be challenging and exciting. Keep the option to fight for X number of matches, but make it harder then Melee's (The final character should require at least 1,500 matches). Requirements in other areas should be harder.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm all for some LGBT love, but not Birdo. She is kind of rediculous and a major laughing stock. Plus. she has about five other characters who are more deserving (unique then her)
Who is more deserving or unique. She was the first LGBT character in videogames, she used egg attacks before Yoshi, and has a huge following in Japan and with other LGBT. She's featured in tons of television commercials as well.

D

Deleted member

I've been meaning to ask, Jill Dozer is a Game freak creation, right? I just recently noticed Protoman on the shop channel (big GAME FREAK logo). Has anybody played this?

Let me tell you, THAT fella has limbs.
Yes, Jill Dozer is a creation of Game Freak.

Also, don't you mean Pulseman?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hsien Ko - Daisy She's known, but only has only appeared (In a non-spin off game) a few times.
What? Lei-Lei (Hsien Ko) is a Vampire (Darkstalkers) series character. That game is most definitly NOT a spin off. She's been in spin offs to but comparing her to Daisy is stupid. Esp. considering she's probably more known than Felicia.

Skull Face Man - Giygas No one but super fans know who they are!
This is also wrong. Most people who are in to nintendo in general know who Giygas is. Only you said you aren't familiar with the Mother series. He's actually a pretty infamous character in Mother but he has NO FORM, so how the **** could he be a character?

OmegaXXII

You know another Mario character that would be interesting.

Birdo

Birdo? I love her color, but to be honest I'd rather see Wart instead, he has a much more significant role.

Why, may you ask?

Popularity
Is very popular in Japan and Transsexuals (Being the first transsexual character)

Personality
"She" (It proper to refer to one as the gender they wish to be) has played roles as both a villain and supporting good guy. (e.g. SMB2, Wario Woods)

She has a very complex emotions and issues being a transsexual and neutral character

Roles in Videogames

She has been in more games then most of the wanted Mario characters (Geno, Waluigi, Fawful, Daisy, and even Bowser Jr.)

She is friends with many of the Mario character even though they have battle each other too.

Romantic involvement with Yoshi (Japanese)

Many cameo's such as Captain Rainbow, Smash, Kirby Superstar

Gameplay/Movesets
You would think because Birdo uses eggs she would be a Yoshi clone but the truth is she uses them differently and she doesn't have the tongue attack either. This is some moves that could be used her.

Egg shot: Classic spits and egg out to do damage. She can occasionally spit a fireball to do extra damage.

Extreme Egg Shot: A charging version of Egg shot (like Mario strikers)

Egg Roll: Just like Yoshi's

Vacuum Grasp: She can suck in air similar to Kirby to grab her opponents and even swallow them.

Birdo Kiss: Leaps forward to embrace her opponent and gives a kiss. This stuns them similar to Mewtwo's stun attack

Wierd Ball: She throws and egg but it moves in an akward angle

I'm kind of half joking on this since Toad is much better and there is already a lot of Mario characters. I lot of people keep throwing out character ideas and their reasons are usually really half brained.

I would like to see Birdo in Smash at least as an assist trophy. (The idea of Birdo running around trying to kiss everyone just popped into my head lol).
As much as I love Birdo, I think Wart would make a better villain, Birdo has only appeared in spin offs recently, while Wart had a more significant role in SMB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom