• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Chris the Ripper said:
Nintendo will forever be different from the other 2 companies!If Nintendo tried to be like them,they would have never introduced new technology like the Wii and the new Wii U. Who knows,mabey in a few years Nintendo might actually be on the brink of virtual reality.
That's why I love Nintendo. I know that they'll offer something different from it's competitors and more of the games that I enjoyed back in the day.

D

Deleted member

exactly and theres rumors of individual accounts like xboxlive or psn.
I think it's pretty much confirmed that Nintendo is done with Friend Codes. Thank effin' god, that was horrible.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
EarthWorm Jim for Ssb4!......and Goku :awesome:
Earthworm Jim may not seem like it, but he was once Mario/ Nintendo's biggest competitor. If he had made the awkward transition during the 64 days to 3D instead of becoming a big flop...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
you guys play brawl right? yea........ ok..... you worried about the next smash guys? or do you only care about the characters? because im one of the few that actually cares about the gameplay. :/ Alot..
You aren't the only one. a lot of the veterans on this thread care about gameplay a lot. It's just not really fun to talk about. Plus all the newer members go nuts with characters, so thats where we stay most of the time.

D

Deleted member

Earthworm Jim may not seem like it, but he was once Mario/ Nintendo's biggest competitor. If he had made the awkward transition during the 64 days to 3D instead of becoming a big flop...
I thought that was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
I think it's pretty much confirmed that Nintendo is done with Friend Codes. Thank effin' god, that was horrible.
Actually,everyone knows why Nintendo used friend codes. To keep sexual preditors from harming ppl's kids and stuff. ..........................hmmmm..........Mabey Chris Harris came up with that idea.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
I know hopefully they make a better way of online friending. I just hope it is individual accounts. Though i wonder if we'll be charged like xboxlive.... Idk what do you think?

D

Deleted member

Actu,everyone knows why Nintendo used friend codes. To keep sexual preditors from harming ppl's kids and stuff. ..........................hmmmm..........Mabey Chris Haris came up with that idea.
There was no need for Friend Codes. Nintendo was very overprotective with that move and I doubt it did anything.
I know hopefully they make a better way of online friending. I just hope it is individual accounts. Though i wonder if we'll be charged like xboxlive.... Idk what do you think?
I don't think we'll be charged for the service; I'd despise having to do that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I thought that was Sonic the Hedgehog.
I know that Sonic died with the last SEGA system. I lot of people say he hasn't made a good game since. (Although I liked Heroes and Adventure)

I know he was big competition as well and so was Earthworm. I recall in one of the DK games at the end you see Diddy is number one, Mario is second, Link is third and Earthworms blaster and Sonics shoes are on the ground. I think it was a cute jab at the competition. And, look who won?

No way. Nintendo always tries to keep things consumer friendly so I really doubt it.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
You aren't the only one. a lot of the veterans on this thread care about gameplay a lot. It's just not really fun to talk about. Plus all the newer members go nuts with characters, so thats where we stay most of the time.
Yea i know but im one of the few :/ I think its fun :O that is an opinion son. lol
but yea it can go crazy with a new smash bros with new characters. Its just that im stressing too much on gameplay because I was one of the few competitive gamers that weren't satisfied with brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Did he now? :O
I know he doesn't want recognition when playing online like in xboxlive or psn where it shows there account and all.
Nintendo has to change that and become like their 2 rival companies.
I want a ranking system!
Eh... Maybe my memory is a bit off. I'm looking at the DOJO, but what I found doesn't really sound like a personal opinion of the concept.

"There will also be no battle records kept for [online play], so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play."

Woops.

Also ranking systems are addictive. I couldn't stop playing Super Meat Boy until I was in the top 100.

D

Deleted member

I have to agree that Earthworm Jim would be a great for SSB4 just like Sonic, but his chances are slim.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
I know that Sonic died with the last SEGA system. I lot of people say he hasn't made a good game since. (Although I liked Heroes and Adventure)

I know he was big competition as well and so was Earthworm. I recall in one of the DK games at the end you see Diddy is number one, Mario is second, Link is third and Earthworms blaster and Sonics shoes are on the ground. I think it was a cute jab at the competition. And, look who won?
I don't think Sonic ever died, just had a very bad fallout in the mid 2000s that left a lot of disgruntled fans. Sonic is slowly but surely coming back and getting back on his feet.

And that game is Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yea i know but im one of the few :/ I think its fun :O that is an opinion son. lol
It's a widely shared opinion. I don't mind talking about how characters will change, but most of us can't get into a lot of detail with physics combos/juggling and whatnot. I play smash a lot, but I'm a casual player so the little I do know about that end of the game isn't enough to keep up with gameplay discussions. Now imagine most people here know less then I do(Which is not a lot), so gameplay discussions are best done in a private group thread. You'll get more out of it there.

I would pay $100 to see EarthWorm Jim beat up Mario and Sonic at the same time
He's too busy not being cared about.

Chris the Ripper

To be honest guys,its not that I don't like Sonic. Its just that I don't like his games. :awesome: ....oh and the fact that his cartoon series "Sonic X" basically ripped off everything from Dragonball Z

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To be honest guys,its not that I don't like Sonic. Its just that I don't like his games. :awesome: ....oh and the fact that his cartoon series "Sonic X" basically ripped off everything from Dragonball Z
Even fan made Sonic series rip off dragon ball Z

Sonic's story is he collects the 7 chaos emeralds and can transform into Super Sonic.

Usually, Sonic's final enemy can only be defeated by him in Super Sonic form.

Sonic series SCREAM Dragon Ball Z

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
There was no need for Friend Codes. Nintendo was very overprotective with that move and I doubt it did anything.
If they say they'll have better online, then I think theres a chance they might charge. though Idk Psn has free online so maybe.

Eh... Maybe my memory is a bit off. I'm looking at the DOJO, but what I found doesn't really sound like a personal opinion of the concept.

"There will also be no battle records kept for [online play], so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play."

Woops.

Also ranking systems are addictive. I couldn't stop playing Super Meat Boy until I was in the top 100.
WOW that is BS! :O lol but that was brawl they can fix that since its a brand new fresh game. lets hope there is a ranking system.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, even with Nintendo's over-protectiveness Animal crossing, of all games, had news backlash talking about pedo's hunting children through it

WOW that is BS! :O lol but that was brawl they can fix that since its a brand new fresh game. lets hope there is a ranking system.
Actually, I do quit games if my ranking drops. So I know what they mean by that

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Want to know what would make a cool enemy in Adventure Mode/Subspace... remember those walking tanks from Advance Wars?

Chris the Ripper

I bet you guys your Mom's life that EarthWorm Jim will be a secert character in ssb4. If Sonic made it,so can Jim. Nintendo doesn't forget characters,only fans do.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Nine, did you actually think that we aren't fond of competetive games? Why do you think most of us bought brawl? For Pit? lol no. But reallly, shorties got a good point. Trying to convey techniques can be very vague, and I'll just say, stale to listen to.

-

Who's looking out for Sonic Gen?
I bought brawl but it wasn't competitive IMHO but most brawlies prefer playing casually wouldn't you agree? some will try to be competitive but like you don't see brawl in the Evo or MLG(even though MLG is BS now) anymore.
I'll say we need ATs so it'll be like melee both casual and competitive. got any problems with that? lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bet you guys your Mom's life that EarthWorm Jim will be a secert character in ssb4. If Sonic made it,so can Jim. Nintendo doesn't forget characters,only fans do.
Earthworm Jim isn't owned by Nintendo and hasn't appeared in ANY media in at least 10 years

SEGA works with Nintendo, and Sonic had appeared in a game with Mario BEFORE Brawl even came out

Earthworm Jim doesn't really have much of a chance

I bought brawl but it wasn't competitive IMHO but most brawlies prefer playing casually wouldn't you agree? some will try to be competitive but like you don't see brawl in the Evo or MLG(even though MLG is BS now) anymore.
I'll say we need ATs so it'll be like melee both casual and competitive. got any problems with that? lol
Wouldn't calling them "Brawlers" make more sense, since it's a real word

Chris the Ripper

EarthWorm Jim is so in. So is that Layton guy,but he might be a charcater or a helper who gives tips like Mr.Re-something

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Earthworm Jim isn't owned by Nintendo and hasn't appeared in ANY media in at least 10 years

SEGA works with Nintendo, and Sonic had appeared in a game with Mario BEFORE Brawl even came out

Wouldn't calling them "Brawlers" make more sense, since it's a real word
lol brawlies is my word son not brawlers

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
EarthWorm Jim is so in. So is that Layton guy,but he might be a charcater or a helper who gives tips like Mr.Re-something
Layton way more possible than Earthworm Jim (although still a "reach" character, albeit one I have a feeling will make it). After all, Layton has only shown up on Nintendo consoles (although I have heard he might have a Cell Phone game in the works), has been in a lot of games over the last five years.

Earthworm Jim, however, hasn't been in a original game since 1999.

Chris the Ripper

"Earthworm Jim doesn't really have much of a chance"

So how did Rob(10+ years of inactivity) and Mr.Game and Watch (10+ years of inactivity) make it in brawl?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

So how did Rob(10+ years of inactivity) and Mr.Game and Watch (10+ years of inactivity) make it in brawl?
ROB HAS appeared in games over the last 10 years, unlike Earthworm Jim. ROB has made a number of cameos including being playable in the Mario Kart series.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
That connotation would have been all the more convincing if you added a question mark, don't be afraid to pull a ron burgundy.

Anyhow... Sigh......................... it's his word and he won't lose it.
yes sigh is my word too :) i use it to release stress like any other human ma boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom