• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@: the golden sun bit

If you had only mentioned that the release of this series was too close to that of melee's, I would understand, but japan only? Trick please, marth and Ken might have a few words to say about that. I do recognize the series popularity over in the pacific, but I doubt that many of us even knew who ol blue hair was, let alone his clone with the fire brand.

Marth and Roy (not Ken) was originally going to be in the Japanese version of Melee but Sakurai apparently didn't want that... that, and/or the game testers at Nintendo of America liked them and wanted them to stay in the American version as well... something like that.
My comments in red.

Off topic, this is what I found on Sakurai's Twitter page... :bee:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My comments in red.

Off topic, this is what I found on Sakurai's Twitter page... :bee:
If Sakurai is gonna pull an Ono on Smash 4, he should do so by putting those cards or Kirby in the way of everything to get everyone mad.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Its only happening again :/ ....................
We can't just start going crazy about the characters like when brawl was coming... That is why smash Brawl turned out to be such a failure. We must notify Sakurai or Project Sora that us competitive smash players want the hype that there was in smash 64 and smash melee with all the high level gameplay. Casuals wouldn't notice a difference if there was advanced mechanics such as wavedashing, L-canceling, and everything else. come on guys lets notify him! spread it around the web. Let us be heard!

This is exactly what I'm talkin about, all up on the fella's twitter

vv lol whats a twitter?
you guys play brawl right? yea........ ok..... you worried about the next smash guys? or do you only care about the characters? because im one of the few that actually cares about the gameplay. :/ Alot..

Hoots

Can Be Combative
We can't just start going crazy about the characters like when brawl was coming... That is why smash Brawl turned out to be such a failure. We must notify Sakurai or Project Sora that us competitive smash players want the hype that there was in smash 64 and smash melee with all the high level gameplay. Casuals wouldn't notice a difference if there was advanced mechanics such as wavedashing, L-canceling, and everything else. come on guys lets notify him! spread it around the web. Let us be heard!
Who is us? I think you're horribly mistaken pal. Brawl was not a failure. Just because the hardcore tourney **** were mad that they didn't get Melee 2.0 doesn't mean that Brawl sucked. And now you're upset that were talking about characters we want in? What should we be saying. "Man, I really want wavedashing back!" "Yeah! I miss heavy gravity!" "Herp derp, now what?" We can't spend our time reminiscing on a ten year old game. Sorry. Some of us loved Brawl and care more about characters and Nintendo representation than being able to autism out over a game.

Also, we care about the gameplay too but we also liked Brawl's gameplay. As long as it's Smash it will be fun. Besides, like I said earlier, how are we gonna talk about gameplay like you want other than whining about how much we miss melee?

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Who is us? I think you're horribly mistaken pal. Brawl was not a failure. Just because the hardcore tourney **** were mad that they didn't get Melee 2.0 doesn't mean that Brawl sucked. And now you're upset that were talking about characters we want in? What should we be saying. "Man, I really want wavedashing back!" "Yeah! I miss heavy gravity!" "Herp derp, now what?" We can't spend our time reminiscing on a ten year old game. Sorry. Some of us loved Brawl and care more about characters and Nintendo representation than being able to autism out over a game.
yea OK many smash melee players left the smash scene for SF and MVC because of Brawl.
I remember when i was excited about brawl i wanted characters too but that was only cause i knew that the other smash games were both casual and competitive (with high level gameplay).
But now I've been looking back and seeing what we can do to make sure smash doesn't go wrong again. You Brawlies wouldn't complain if wavedashing, L-canceling and all that would come back would you?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized. With the release of OoT, and the potential to remake MM we might be able to see some old school 64 Zelda stuff in the game. Now if only they unveil MM between now and Smash 4 trailer. Skull Kid for Smash 4?

D

Deleted member

Nine said:
We don't need more of the "Brawl sucks, we need moar competitive game play!" stuff we got early on. Hoots is right, we are a minority and even so, many people here like me who frequent the forum don't do competitive gaming. I for one don't care about wavedashing, L-canceling, etc, I just want the character roster to be of a decent size (Stage as well), great online play, and a game that feels new that lives up to it's predecessors.

Please enlighten us how speculating about characters lead to Brawl being a failure in your eyes. Character selection is not our only concern, stop assuming that is the case. If all you're going to do is complain about us speculating on characters, you really should not be here. Give us a topic that most of us will care about and then we'll switch subject.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
yea OK many smash melee players left the smash scene for SF and MVC because of Brawl.
I remember when i was excited about brawl i wanted characters too but that was only cause i knew that the other smash games were both casual and competitive (with high level gameplay).
But now I've been looking back and seeing what we can do to make sure smash doesn't go wrong again. You Brawlies wouldn't complain if wavedashing, L-canceling and all that would come back would you?
Smash Bros is NOT a fighting game. If people consider SF and Smash as interchangable they are looking at the wrong game. The whole point of Smash is that you don't have to have some form of autism to be good. You don't need to buy an arcade stick, memorize stupid move commands, and tard out to win a game. Why are you melee **** so upset with Brawl? Without wavedashing and L Cancelling you still win if you're good, right? Or is it you want to have an even huger advantage over someone who hasn't spent as many brutal hours memorizing the AT's?

D

Deleted member

PsychoIncarnate said:
I just realized. With the release of OoT, and the potential to remake MM we might be able to see some old school 64 Zelda stuff in the game. Now if only they unveil MM between now and Smash 4 trailer. Skull Kid for Smash 4?
That's why I think there's a 50/50 chance that Young Link will replace Toon Link. Hopefully this time, he's not a clone (Or Toon Link if he stays). However, I'm not sure why people want Skull Kid in the game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would say Melee was competitive mostly by coincidence... So I guess you can hope for that again? :V

Anyway, does anyone think Chibi-Robo has a rather good chance? I replayed it so now I'm kind of wanting him in Sm4sh, lol. He's had 3 games now, plus a re-release. Last game was in '09... He's lacking in the popularity department I suppose. Also I'm not sure what he could bring that's "new." Maybe some gimmick involving his power cord... picking it up to run faster... DUNNO.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, does anyone think Chibi-Robo has a rather good chance? I replayed it so now I'm kind of wanting him in Sm4sh, lol. He's had 3 games now, plus a re-release. Last game was in '09...[/b\ He's lacking in the popularity department I suppose. Also I'm not sure what he could bring that's "new." Maybe some gimmick involving his power cord... picking it up to run faster... DUNNO.

So I guess this means Chibi-Robo is somewhat relevant after all and has a chance. Still probably not getting in, but he would be cool.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
We don't need more of the "Brawl sucks, we need moar competitive game play!" stuff we got early on. Hoots is right, we are a minority and even so, many people here like me who frequent the forum don't do competitive gaming. I for one don't care about wavedashing, L-canceling, etc, I just want the character roster to be of a decent size (Stage as well), great online play, and a game that feels new that lives up to it's predecessors.

Please enlighten us how speculating about characters lead to Brawl being a failure in your eyes. Character selection is not our only concern, stop assuming that is the case. If all you're going to do is complain about us speculating on characters, you really should not be here. Give us a topic that most of us will care about and then we'll switch subject.
OK adding more characters is not a bad idea, BUT imagine a game where there are all the characters you guys want kool. but like i've said if they focus only on characters and not gameplay.... what can possibly happen? I say Brawl had enough of a roster it was getting close to MVCs roster. Im sure the next smash will have more, GOOD. but like all i've been seeing is roster ideas. what about gameplay? online system(rankings/leaderboards) the control methods ( cause the Wii U's control seem impossible for smash). I'm sure the majority plays with gamecube controls right? we can't play with wii remotes or that tablet. maybe classic controls but Have you thought of this?: an adapter to connect gamecube controls from a usb port. there you go son.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OK adding more characters is not a bad idea, BUT imagine a game where there are all the characters you guys want kool. but like i've said if they focus only on characters and not gameplay.... what can possibly happen? I say Brawl had enough of a roster it was getting close to MVCs roster. Im sure the next smash will have more, GOOD. but like all i've been seeing is roster ideas. what about gameplay? online system(rankings/leaderboards) the control methods ( cause the Wii U's control seem impossible for smash). I'm sure the majority plays with gamecube controls right? we can't play with wii remotes or that tablet. maybe classic controls but Have you thought of this?: an adapter to connect gamecube controls from a usb port. there you go son.
Technical information about smash isn't very interesting to discuss.

Anything we discuss here isn't going to reach the creators of the game anyway.

Also, I use a wiimote.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Controls problem - solved by pluggin' Classic Controller in your wiimote.

Even tho I prefer GCN pad, I'm entirely fine with that.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Smash Bros is NOT a fighting game. If people consider SF and Smash as interchangable they are looking at the wrong game. The whole point of Smash is that you don't have to have some form of autism to be good. You don't need to buy an arcade stick, memorize stupid move commands, and tard out to win a game. Why are you melee **** so upset with Brawl? Without wavedashing and L Cancelling you still win if you're good, right? Or is it you want to have an even huger advantage over someone who hasn't spent as many brutal hours memorizing the AT's?
Exactly. You are the people who don't care about the competitive scene. Its nothing bad. Glad you like smash. thats why smash is both casual and competitive. Brawl focused to be only casual and they managed to. smash 64 and Melee were both casual and competitive. so why make the competitive gamers leave?

D

Deleted member

Like we said, adding characters isn't the only thing we're concern about. While characters has been the main topic, we have been going into other discussions {Online, stages, music, etc}. No I don't play with the Gamecube controller, I don't understand the love for it. I'll use the Classic Controller or Wii-U controller, but that's just me.

As for online, what do you want to see in the online?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Also, whoever posted Sakurai's twitter, I think that comfirms a suspicion of mine about Captain Falcon. Sakurai apparently loves SUPER SENTAI, and that's what he saw in Captain Falcon, lol.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Like we said, adding characters isn't the only thing we're concern about. While characters has been the main topic, we have been going into other discussions {Online, stages, music, etc}. No I don't play with the Gamecube controller, I don't understand the love for it. I'll use the Classic Controller or Wii-U controller, but that's just me.

As for online, what do you want to see in the online?
stages and music are the small addings to the game. well good for you but there are a lot of people who love gamecube controls such as myself. thats why i support the idea of usb ports for gamecube controls.
What i want to see for online is:
Ofcourse a good network that doesn't lag exaggeratedly.
A ranking system.
complete online match options like if you were playing offline.
DLC for patching.
Replays like SSF4AE.
well yea those are my thoughts.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Sakurai said somewhere that he doesn't like the idea of a ranking system?

But yeah, who doesn't want better online.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
who wants to make the competetive gamers leave? OH thats right it was the competetive scene that ditched brawl in the first place. Like a ex-girlfriend , it just didn't suit her needs. Anyhow, I accept and respect the direction that the director brings to the table, being that he made the game in a way that was not simply a fighter, although that is a strong componenent. Brawl as it is makes the idea of a new one all the more sweeter, it got your attention did it not?

@ Controller: WiiMote + Nunchuk (custom controls) romps
They were forced because of how impossible it was for them to get anygood. I mean look at Ken the 5 year world melee champion in the Evo vs a 14 year old kid nicknamed CPU. Losing to that kid. yea i know... humiliating.
the custom controls did not got my attention. I stayed with the same layout as melee with a gamecube control.

splat

Smash Lord
you guys play brawl right? yea........ ok..... you worried about the next smash guys? or do you only care about the characters? because im one of the few that actually cares about the gameplay. :/ Alot..
Personally, I'd care more about lots of new stages rather than lots of new characters.
I mean, all of us settle for a main at a certain point, leaving the rest of the roster to rot. Obviously, the more the better, but I usually play with my little brother, and it generally ends up as Diddy/Falco vs. Luigi/Fox.

Stages are more versatile in that matter. While we usually don't get bored playing the same characters, we do get bored playing on the same stages over and over again.

D

Deleted member

Well Hey guys!Hows it going? :awesome:
Uhhh, I'm doing great? BTW, what kind of music do you want to see in Super Smash Bros.?
Personally, I'd care more about lots of new stages rather than lots of new characters.
I mean, all of us settle for a main at a certain point, leaving the rest of the roster to rot. Obviously, the more the better, but I usually play with my little brother, and it generally ends up as Diddy/Falco vs. Luigi/Fox.

Stages are more versatile in that matter. While we usually don't get bored playing the same characters, we do get bored playing on the same stages over and over again.
Personally, I like to frequently switch characters because it keeps the game from being stale, but that's just me.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
stages and music are the small addings to the game. well good for you but there are a lot of people who love gamecube controls such as myself. thats why i support the idea of usb ports for gamecube controls.
What i want to see for online is:
Ofcourse a good network that doesn't lag exaggeratedly.
A ranking system.
complete online match options like if you were playing offline.
DLC for patching.
Replays like SSF4AE.
well yea those are my thoughts.
One of huge differences between Smash and other fighting games is that stages are actually an important part of the game.

It doesn't make difference for competitive players, as the most of stages is banned.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
I think Sakurai said somewhere that he doesn't like the idea of a ranking system?

But yeah, who doesn't want better online.
Did he now? :O
I know he doesn't want recognition when playing online like in xboxlive or psn where it shows there account and all.
Nintendo has to change that and become like their 2 rival companies.
I want a ranking system!

D

Deleted member

Online play is universally grounded by the tech and layout the system used. The last game was very restricted by the friending system. How can the layout change?
Nintendo is planning a much better online, so if anything, expect more content and far, far, far less lags.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Nintendo will forever be different from the other 2 companies!If Nintendo tried to be like them,they would have never introduced new technology like the Wii and the new Wii U. Who knows,mabey in a few years Nintendo might actually be on the brink of virtual reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom