• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Also, return those NES games. I loved those. Excite Bike, Balloon Fight, Super Mario Bros, the Legend of Zelda, Ice Climber, Mach Rider, Punch-Out!!, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, DK Jr., DK Math (LOL!), Clu-Clu Land, the 2nd Clu-Clu Land (I think it was called "D"), Pinball, Baseball, Soccer, etc.
Those NES games (19 in total) were the reason why I picked up Animal Crossing to begin with. I actually ended up loving the game by itself though. You are definitely right though that the original Animal Crossing had a certain "charm" that its two sequels lacked. I did not play City Folk, but from what I have seen, it looked like Wild World 2 (though with real holidays).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Some characters had never fight before being in SSB. Zelda and Captain Falcon comes to my mind.
Zelda only made it because of Sheik, and you're forgetting exactly what I said; Various media. She fought in two of the CD-i games and the Zelda TV Show.

Captain Falcon fights in a comic that was including with the SNES F-Zero.

Fighting in their own games =/= Fighting in general. I was quite specifically vague for a reason. :p

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
*****, don't start with me or I'm going to send you so many angry letters in AC3DS.

You're probably just jealous that I'm much Stronger at making patterns or something.

Typical.
Lol i welcome those letters... it will be more entertaining then my "mom" letters lmao. And im so scared at pissin off a monkey who emphasizes the letter S and and a shirt that says sht lmao. Me jealous? no, I barely knew ye. And i have no idea what patterns you can make so ill say nothin about that.

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Mach Rider wasn't in the original Animal Crossing. >:

The games in Animal Crossing were:

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Donkey Kong 3
Golf
Tennis
Soccer
Baseball
Pinball
Clu Clu Land
Clu Clu Land D
Balloon Fight
Excite Bike
Mario Bros.
Ice Climber
Punch-Out
Wario's Woods
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda

Animal Crossing for the GameCube was a must-have just looking at the NES games it had.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Animal Crossing helped me understand that when Toad supporters bring up Wario's Woods, they're hoping you never played it because he was still useless in it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If I'm not mistaken, SMB & TLoZ were only available via hacking
Yes, Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda can only be attained through Action Replay. Mario Bros. and Ice Climber can also only be attained through specific Animal Crossing e-reader cards, otherwise you need an Action Replay to attain them too.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Those NES games (19 in total) were the reason why I picked up Animal Crossing to begin with. I actually ended up loving the game by itself though. You are definitely right though that the original Animal Crossing had a certain "charm" that its two sequels lacked. I did not play City Folk, but from what I have seen, it looked like Wild World 2 (though with real holidays).
Yeah, that's part of why I bought Animal Crossing, too. Now those games on the Virtual Console cost what=??? Nearly 100 bucks! :glare:

I don't own Wild World (I borrowed it from a friend and enjoyed it), but it was just not the same. I own City Folk, and it's just kind of stale.

I also forgot Wario's Woods (as you listed). Man, I thoroughly enjoy that game.
If I'm not mistaken, SMB & TLoZ were only available via hacking
I got it through my friend's Action Replay, so I don't care. :troll:

I also got Mario Bros. and Ice Climber through a friend's E-Reader cards (boy those things were dumb). Seriously, why would you need E-Reader cards to play those sub-par games=??? The only version of the classic Mario Bros. I enjoyed was on Super Mario Bros. 3 and on the 4 Super Mario Advance games. :cool:

@ Asage
To compare Toad and Ridley's roles in their respective franchise is rather silly. Ridley is Samus' main enemy, rival, and the person who killed her parents. Now unless the Toads are hiding some super dark secret from Mario or go up the Mario ladder to "hands down the 5th most important character" (behind only Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser), then they are not even in the same ballpark. :cool:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Animal Crossing helped me understand that when Toad supporters bring up Wario's Woods, they're hoping you never played it because he was still useless in it.
What are you talking about? Wario's Woods is a masterpiece. I played the Super Nintendo version long before I got to the NES version in Animal Crossing. Wario's Woods is the main reason why I even prefer Toad as the Mario newcomer for Smash 4.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Lol i welcome those letters... it will be more entertaining then my "mom" letters lmao. And im so scared at pissin off a monkey who emphasizes the letter S and and a shirt that says sht lmao. Me jealous? no, I barely knew ye. And i have no idea what patterns you can make so ill say nothin about that.

You know he's joking right?

He doesn't emphasize the S's, they do it automatically to symbolize his unmatched strength. But you probably figured that out when your knees started shaking after reading his posts.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@ Asage
To compare Toad and Ridley's roles in their respective franchise is rather silly. Ridley is Samus' main enemy, rival, and the person who killed her parents. Now unless the Toads are hiding some super dark secret from Mario or go up the Mario ladder to "hands down the 5th most important character" (behind only Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser), then they are not even in the same ballpark. :cool:
Toad is the mirage of Mario's true enemy. Duh.
Toad said:
Thank you! But our princess is in anothe castle!
CLEARLY he is actually the stall/pimp man who *insert nastiness Toad/Peach here* and then passes her to the next Toad of the next castle. It's a conspiricy ALMOST comfirmed :awesome::awesome::awesome:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yeah, that's part of why I bought Animal Crossing, too. Now those games on the Virtual Console cost what=??? Nearly 100 bucks! :glare:

I don't own Wild World (I borrowed it from a friend and enjoyed it), but it was just not the same. I own City Folk, and it's just kind of stale.

I also forgot Wario's Woods (as you listed). Man, I thoroughly enjoy that game.

I got it through my friend's Action Replay, so I don't care. :troll:

I also got Mario Bros. and Ice Climber through a friend's E-Reader cards (boy those things were dumb). Seriously, why would you need E-Reader cards to play those sub-par games=??? The only version of the classic Mario Bros. I enjoyed was on Super Mario Bros. 3 and on the 4 Super Mario Advance games. :cool:

@ Asage
Well if you want AC GC for the snes games i guess you could go for the emulation route... And yeah thats why nintendo took them off so that they wouldnt be in wild world because they would resell them later in virtual console...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*Shakes Disfunk's hand* BD

@Chrono: Sure, but Toad is still useless.

*Picks up thing. Places thing on top of other thing.*

Unrivaled potential.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ Asage
Yeah there is really no comparison. Ridley is basically the Bowser of the Metroid series, while Toad is simply a supporting character that has been there since the beginning.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You know he's joking right?

He doesn't emphasize the S's, they do it automatically to symbolize his unmatched strength. But you probably figured that out when your knees started shaking after reading his posts.

I dont give a fk about the S. I laugh after reading his posts thanks. And its nice that he has a fanboy which is you. Unless he/she uses another account idk i dont really care its just a forum.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What are you talking about? Wario's Woods is a masterpiece. I played the Super Nintendo version long before I got to the NES version in Animal Crossing. Wario's Woods is the main reason why I even prefer Toad as the Mario newcomer for Smash 4.
The Super Nintendo/Famicom and the NES/Famicom version are both excellent.

Also, I'm pretty sure Oasis was (mostly) joking...
CLEARLY he is actually the stall/pimp man who *insert nastiness Toad/Peach here* and then passes her to the next Toad of the next castle. It's a conspiricy ALMOST comfirmed :awesome::awesome::awesome:
Uh-oh, we've gone into conspiracy theory grounds, in which there is no turning back. That's when you know the thread has officially gone insane. Good, because insanity in the sanest state of mind! :troll:
Yeah there is really no comparison. Ridley is basically the Bowser of the Metroid series, while Toad is simply a supporting character that has been there since the beginning.
Ridley is not just the antagonist, but the anti-hero and rival character to the protagonist (Samus) as well.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I dont give a fk about the S. I laugh after reading his posts thanks. And its nice that he has a fanboy which is you. Unless he/she uses another account idk i dont really care its just a forum.

Bro you need to calm down, XD none of this is serious

I understand, sometimes I laugh to keep from crying too. It's OK, ok? You may pretend like you don't care, like it's just a forum, like this has no bearing on the rest of your life, but the truth is this saddens you and everyday you are denied to right to call yourself an oasis fanboy, you die a little inside.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Bro you need to calm down, XD none of this is serious

I understand, sometimes I laugh to keep from crying too. It's OK, ok? You may pretend like you don't care, like it's just a forum, like this has no nearing on the rest if your life, but the truth is this saddens you and everyday you are denied to right to call yourself an oasis fanboy, you die a little inside.

@john
Highlight this post and my last post.

Lol whatever man, its nice to know that stupid people assume that can read someones emotions when the person is miles away (joking aside or not) i honestly dont care about what you just said I know you like riding oasis... but honestly im chill and again... its just a forum. Lol i would die inside for not being a fanboy of some random dude who posts alot? ya i dont think so :D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would respond to this Zero loser, but I have to go play my sister's games. She just bought Barbie's Horse Adventure: Mystery Ride.

brb.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lol whatever man, its nice to know that stupid people assume that can read someones emotions when the person is miles away (joking aside or not) i honestly dont care about what you just said I know you like riding oasis... but honestly im chill and again... its just a forum.

Can you comfirm your emotions from the haze of your own anger?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ridley is not just the antagonist, but the anti-hero and rival character to the protagonist (Samus) as well.
Ridley is most definitely not Samus' rival, and do you even know what an anti-hero is?

An anti-hero is someone who does good through questionable means. When the heck has Ridley done any good?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Can you comfirm your emotions from the haze of your own anger?
Again its funny that people think something of you when they are way off... ik oasis is mad since hes callin me a loser but ya go ahead and play with your barbies cause AC is the only girl thing I play.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ridley is most definitely not Samus' rival, and do you even know what an anti-hero is?

An anti-hero is someone who does good through questionable means. When the heck has Ridley done any good?

He ate my homework for me. And my neighbor's annoying weiner dog.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Again its funny that people think something of you when they are way off... ik oasis is mad since hes callin me a loser but ya go ahead and play with your barbies cause AC is the only girl thing I play.

That's the spirit! Play what you want to play! No one should have a say in what you play.

Double post=Apology.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ridley has been canonically referred to as Samus's arch-nemesis. He is pretty much the most notable Nintendo character outside the Mario universe to not be playable in Smash Bros.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey kid, Zero, whatever the heck your name is: don't go at to my bro disfunkshunal. You are welcome here as long as you don't come at people.

Always remember the sacred Smash Boards rule (I just invented): Be a SMASH BRO, not a SMASH HOE!

Challenge Postpone'd. I got to go.
That's right, run asage. But be warned: I WILL hunt you down!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Yes, I know what an anti-hero is (although I was wrongly using that word because I rushed my posts there; I admit it).

However, Ridley is definitely Samus' "I kill you if I see you" rival (not rival as in like competitive rival) and primary enemy. They both compete to defeat each other once and for all in nearly every game they both appear in.

I also think that Ridley is also neutral to "ethics." He doesn't see others as "worthy" or equal to his space pirates. He hates other species, and sees them as unfit to live. Ridley would be the first such character in smash to openly think his species is better than other species, whereas characters like Ganondorf think themselves personally were born superior to others of the same species (lol Ganondorf is racist).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom