• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Okay... but that still doesn't totally sell me on it. I agree that having a tennis racket or golf club as a smash attack would be dumb. I would much rather see something that "fits" the character. And quite frankly, I don't think Waluigi is enough of a unique "character" to have such moves to fill out a moveset without feeling the least bit forced.

Of course Claus/the Masked Man wouldn't be a Lucas clone... but that would be their only chance to be playable (that or an alternate costume).

@ Zero
Slow down dude and stop getting offended. Neither Oasis or dysfunctunal (sorry if I misspelled your stupid [lol jk bro!] ;) username) are serious in the slightest. Like for example when Oasis tells a story about throwing dead baby heads at people at Wal-Mart. He didn't really do all that. Instead, he did something like throwing dead alligator heads in the Dollar Tree, which we all know isn't anywhere near as bad! :laugh:

Also, dude, you are contradicting yourself. SLLLLOOOOOWWWWW DOOOWWWNNNN!!!!
(even if you are 19 though, I am still older than you... although not by much. I ain't that old my fellow smash brothas)
I was about to drop this before i saw this dammit lol anyways im as serious as hell so i dont joke alot as much as you guys do, also the Only thing that offended me was Oasis saying that i dont have sisters and referin that was some werido dude that loves chick stuff. I went along for the ride on everything else... im on my phone im bored Lol.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think Cloud would generate the same type of reaction as Snake.

Speaking of Final Fantasy VII, its the 15th year anniversary for the title.
No, because unlike Mickey Mouse there is a large enough amount of people that dislike Cloud. At least with Mickey Mouse it would be surprising, but I seriously doubt there would be many people with the same type of disdain as with Cloud.

Plus Mickey Mouse has been on a Nintendo system.

D

Deleted member

Why not represent a good anime AND a classic film?
Kambei Shimada from Seven Samurai/Samurai 7.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You forgot Metroid Prime Pinball, John.

Noob.
I friggen lost it at this! :chuckle:
I win. :) Give up. :reverse: You lost! :smirk:
I have been thinking. Even before Brawl was announced, even if you brought up the topic of third-party characters then, nobody would have brought up Snake due to his perception as being a "Sony" character (in addition to the serious, "realistic" nature of his series in comparison to most other Smash Bros. games).

Snake honestly shocked everyone. However, he still managed to draw massive hype, because he was Snake, one of the most popular video game characters.

I have been trying to think of another third-party character besides Mega Man that would draw as massive hype as Snake and Sonic did, but I cannot think of anyone else besides Cloud (who never had his own game on a Nintendo console).
I think Ryu from Ninja Gaiden (NOT STREET FIGHTER!) fits that. He originated on the NES/Famicom, he was pretty big in the day, he is still relevant, and he is pretty cool. Plus he's a friggen NINJA!!! The only problem is all the blood and guts in his series, but that can be excluded (like how that was excluded with Snake and the Metal Gear franchise in Smash).
Something tells me Shortie really hates One Piece....
Maybe it was the (awful?) English dub and changes... :facepalm:
Nah, if we're going to have a cartoon character, it should be Popeye.

Donkey Kong was originally going to be a Popeye game.
Spinach is still underrated... :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Cloud would generate the same type of reaction as Snake.

Speaking of Final Fantasy VII, its the 15th year anniversary for the title.
Ooh. We could finally get a PS3 remake of FFVII. The game's regular graphics look HORRIBLE.

Also, he appeared in a Nintendo handheld, so he's totally plausible. He's in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

Joking aside, I'm still for Terra first.

@Starphoenix: If you didn't know or forget, they must've first appeared as a video game character(unless it's a first party or second party Nintendo-wise) for a 3rd party to be eligible.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No, because unlike Mickey Mouse there is a large enough amount of people that dislike Cloud. At least with Mickey Mouse it would be surprising, but I seriously doubt there would be many people with the same type of disdain as with Cloud.

Plus Mickey Mouse has been on a Nintendo system.
I am not a fan of Cloud either, and I am aware of FFVII's hatebase. However, FFVII certainly is the most popular RPG of all time, and Cloud probably the most popular character originating from a RPG.

I also previously mentioned that Cloud is not qualified to enter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Okay, then back to Yusuke.

Da **** up
I'll take the Fullmetal Alchemist. Easily one of my favorite anime. Or we can have Applejack and Twilight Sparkle Panty and Stocking.

If we had to have an unexpected 3rd party, I still say Travis Touchdown.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
My last post for the night:
If sakurai really wants to shock the world, he'd ressurect bomberman.

@zero
Like John said we're only joking. After you get pass the new guy hazing you'll be one of us and playing along for the next new guy.

In the immortal words of iblis,

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: If you didn't know or forget, they must've first appeared as a video game character(unless it's a first party or second party Nintendo-wise) for a 3rd party to be eligible.
It's Mickey Mouse.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
My last post for the night:
If sakurai really wants to shock the world, he'd ressurect bomberman.

@zero
Like John said we're only joking. After you get pass the new guy hazing you'll be one of us and playing along for the next new guy.

Lmao. I seriously doubt an anime based character would show... although bomberman could happen.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Star, I can't help but notice you have a link in your signature in the SAME color as mine, BUT WITH A BIGGER FONT.

Are we about to have an arms race? I can size 6 this **** all day.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh God Kuma, not Panting and Stockings!

You can put me in the FFVII hatebase, because that started the gradual decline of the franchise, including uninteresting characters, dumb fetch quests, and awful, just awful, romances. Plus the characters, story, and especially the game play is nowhere near the level of Final Fantasy VI. I would personally love to see Terra in smash. She was awesome. Cecil was another great character. Final Fantasy V, while no the strongest plot-wise, was still IMO a much better game than Final Fantasy VII. Final Fantasy VII I think only got popular because of the graphics... >.>

Also, Bomberman, Tails, and Pac-Man (and again, Ryu from Ninja Gaiden) would be great "WTF?" 3rd party characters.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If it were up to me, I would choose Crono from Chrono Trigger as Square-Enix's character. I am not a fan of Final Fantasy VII either.

D

Deleted member

I would pick Slime, but the more I hear about Crono and Chrono Trigger, the more I'm quite interested in him being in Smash.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
...So?

I love the guy too, but Sakurai won't do it unless he changes his criteria.
It's Mickey Mouse. Not some crappy flavor of the month anime. A legend, on just about every continent.

Anyways, I am not going to try and push forth Mickey Mouse anymore. It is just silly.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not too picky on third party characters since I'm a huge Nintendo junky but if I must I'd like MegaMan, and maybe Rayman as well as keeping Sonic and Snake.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Are you really going to try to ignore this, Star.

@Golden: Perfection.

Awh MAN. Was hoping my signature would Show.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Star: Okay. Honestly, he'd be awesome to have if he was possible.

...I do hate that Cloud has a better chance, sadly.

@GY: Wait, Ridley has a hatebase?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
It's Mickey Mouse. Not some crappy flavor of the month anime. A legend, on just about every continent.

Anyways, I am not going to try and push forth Mickey Mouse anymore. It is just silly.
Mickey mouse could work if they made a kingdom hearts verison with a keyblade and such.
Just sayin'

D

Deleted member

Screw KH Mickey.

If Mickey HAD to be in, Epic Mickey version or nothing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If it were up to me, I would choose Crono from Chrono Trigger as Square-Enix's character. I am not a fan of Final Fantasy VII either.
Yeah, Crono would be great, but I think the Black Mage (lol at me last night accidentally typing "the Black Knight") and Slime would be Crono's best chance to get into smash via a non-playable role.
I would pick Slime, but the more I hear about Crono and Chrono Trigger, the more I'm quite interested in him being in Smash.
Son, go play Chrono Trigger. Right now. That game is amazing Drop what you are doing right now. DO IT! DO IT! I SEE YOU NOT DOING NOW! If what you break is worth less than $50, it's okay if it breaks.

Chrono Trigger will change your life. You will lose 20 pounds, be able to bench press 450 pounds, be able to run so fast that you impress 3rd graders, become 50% smarter on the subject of small intestines, learn the ability to pick your nose in public without being seen, be able to look so deep into the eyes of strangers that you see their inner spirit animal, and most importantly, learn how to communicate with women!
:reverse: :smirk: :cool: :bee: :grin: :glare:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Crono would be great, but I think the Black Mage (lol at me last night accidentally typing "the Black Knight") and Slime would be Crono's best chance to get into smash via a non-playable role.

Son, go play Chrono Trigger. Right now. That game is amazing Drop what you are doing right now. DO IT! DO IT! I SEE YOU NOT DOING NOW! If what you break is worth less than $50, it's okay if it breaks.

Chrono Trigger will change your life. You will lose 20 pounds, be able to bench press 450 pounds, be able to run so fast that you impress 3rd graders, become 50% smarter on the subject of small intestines, learn the ability to pick your nose in public without being seen, be able to look so deep into the eyes of strangers that you see their inner spirit animal, and most importantly, learn how to communicate with women!
:reverse: :smirk: :cool: :bee: :grin: :glare:
Lol, I would, but I'm not a big RPG guy. Except Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

But of course Ridley is too big....for Samus. :troll:

inb4someonepostssamusxridleyhentai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom