• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
Well Cloud I don't think would be as universally wanted as... say the Black Mage. Plus why not just put in Terra (the main character from Final Fantasy VI)=??? She is literally the same character as Cloud, just not a whiny little girl (which is odd, because usually the female character is the generic whiny character), easier to relate to, and starred in a game that was actually on a Nintendo console (the Super Nintendo/Famicom).

Regardless, I still think the only Final Fantasy character with a chance is Black Mage and Chocobo, and I don't think they have much of a chance. However, Slime (the mascot character of Dragon Quest) I think does have a chance, given that canon (and numbered) Dragon Quest games are again exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

PS1: Speaking of which, sooner or later I need to get Dragon Quest VIII (I played a demo of it and absolutely fell in love with it, and haven't gotten around to getting in in the past 7 years) and Dragon Quest IX.

PS2: Anyways, later y'all, I'm hitting the hay.

~His Knightliness Himself~,
-Johnknight1 Watson
(you guys thought I forgot about my old, super awesome, and extra deluxe line, didja=???)
:cool:

PS3: Keeping smashing, dashing, and thrashing my friends.
Personally, if I could pick any FF characters to be in Smash Bros, it would be either Cecil or Terra. I think FFIV and FFVI are the best in the series, and it was before the protagonists became either endlessly sulking (Cloud, Squall), obnoxiously annoying (Tidus), or dressed like an idiot (Vaan).

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Keldeo is a ugly little thing... imagine if he got in over Victini and Zoroark?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still find it strange that no release date was given yet for the Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs. I was hoping the OVAs would at least give us something to talk about in the lead up to Uprising's release. Looks like it is going to be another month of simply mumbling about the same topics we always do.

Next month will also be interesting in that we will get Nintendo's release schedule for the second quarter of 2012. I wonder if Paper Mario 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Tennis 3DS, or Animal Crossing 3DS will be released during the second quarter. I think even just one of these titles releasing would give us something to talk about in the run up to E3 2012 (which is in the first week of June).

Its funny how we could very well be less than four months away from an unveil of Smash 4. I am not expecting an unveil, but I would nonetheless be glad to see this game being shown sooner than expected.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@Opelucid

Wow, Keldo sure looks different in its official artwork (the nostrils bother me). :o

I actually think it might be amusing to see how it would work if it did make it into Smash; however, I personally don't see it playable. Perhaps riding on it as a Pokeball assist? :p I'd still prefer Victini or even Zoroark over it.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
What HF said.

In fact, Toad is actually Miyamoto's favorite character asides from Mario. Damn it. I forgot the source but pretty much everyone here remembers that he said that
oh, didnt realize he was just talking about mk. Disregard.

@HF: Do you hate Ryu the character or the idea for him to get in Smash 4?

Honestly, I don't care if he gets in. Lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@HF: Do you hate Ryu the character or the idea for him to get in Smash 4?

Honestly, I don't care if he gets in. Lol
Character. He's the blandest hero I've ever seen. He's flat as cardboard.

As for him in Smash, we've had 3 Shotoclones already. I'd rather MegaMan due to him having more unique gameplay alone. Or Bison atleast.

Posted in the Victini group

Anyway lately, I've stayed here a little longer..... That's because my PS3 isn't functioning well so I'll have to wait for a while. Also, my gut feeling of Toad getting in has rose up drastically for some reason.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Posted in the Victini group

Anyway lately, I've stayed here a little longer..... That's because my PS3 isn't functioning well so I'll have to wait for a while. Also, my gut feeling of Toad getting in has rose up drastically for some reason.

Which Victini Group?

Also, for you lil' Keldeo fans:

http://www.serebii.net/keldeo2big.jpg

so whats the topic >.<

The topic is on you. We're discussing what magic makes you dance around here like an MLP.

Jking

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Character. He's the blandest hero I've ever seen. He's flat as cardboard.

As for him in Smash, we've had 3 Shotoclones already. I'd rather MegaMan due to him having more unique gameplay alone. Or Bison atleast.

The reason Ryu seems so bland is because he's the first fighter capcom ever created. A lot of people never played the original street fighter. There you could only play Ryu unless you did multiplayer and then 2nd person played Ken. That's why Ryu and Ken have identical moves.

Now I don't care if Ryu or Megaman gets in but Ryu would be a top contender. It makes sense adding Capcom's no.1 fighter into a fighting game.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Speaking of third parties, I really don't understand the notion that there's a chance that Snake and Sonic won't return.

I mean, I understand that any character could be cut, but I see a lot of "guest = one timer" thinkers here. Just because someone is a guest character does not necessarily mean that they only show up once. I don't know about you guys, but I've had the same guest over to my house several times.

Guest- someone invited to take part in a function organized by another.

Why would Sakurai throw away two incredibly popular (though admittedly controversial) characters that the team worked so hard to make fit into Smash Bros.?

I dunno, it just doesn't make sense for them to be considered for cuts to me.

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
They don't have to be cut, there's no reason to do it. It's up to Sakurai and th eowners of the respective characters rights. If either of them says no then they're not in but there's no reason to say no yet, we'll see if there's some sort of fight over how many characters sonic should get in the future.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of third parties, I really don't understand the notion that there's a chance that Snake and Sonic won't return.

I mean, I understand that any character could be cut, but I see a lot of "guest = one timer" thinkers here. Just because someone is a guest character does not necessarily mean that they only show up once. I don't know about you guys, but I've had the same guest over to my house several times.

Guest- someone invited to take part in a function organized by another.

Why would Sakurai throw away two incredibly popular (though admittedly controversial) characters that the team worked so hard to make fit into Smash Bros.?

I dunno, it just doesn't make sense for them to be considered for cuts to me.

I would also like to point out that the Assist Trophies are referred to as "guest characters" as well on the Dojo. And I'm not just talking about Gray Fox and Shadow. I'm talking the entire AT line.

So Keldeo showed it's face, eh? Victini's time in the spotlight is going to fade. Keldeo for Sm4sh.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I agree that a different guest character appears once everyother game. If they keep that said guest, it would be too repetetive.

@asage94 You're Maplestory character reminds me of Mike Jones from StarTropics.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I agree that a different guest character appears once everyother game. If they keep that said guest, it would be too repetetive.

@asage94 You're Maplestory character reminds me of Mike Jones from StarTropics.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
MapleStory, used to play that a little back in the day...

Anything of worth being discussed though?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It also annoys me when people are always like, "DURR SOUL CALIBUR DOESN'T KEEP GUEST CHARACTERS SO SMASH WON'T, EITHER"

How about how people will use these as precedents FOR CHARACTERS, but when it comes to gameplay, they want nothing to do with them.

lol double standards

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Gameplay discussions has to be when this thread is the most boring.

Especially when HyperFalcon gets involved.

D

Deleted member

Any argument against Snake and Sonic returning for being "guest characters" also applies to the Assist Trophies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think in that particular context, though, he might have been referring to how Assist Trophies only "pop in" to assist the player who summoned them and how they don't stay on the battlefield for very long

D

Deleted member

Well ain't that something?

Maybe Sakurai just likes that word. Magnus is even a "guest."
This seems plausible

How can Magnus even be a guest, when he doesn't exist in any other continuity (or none that exist yet)? That would be like calling Anthony Higgs a guest character in Metroid: Other M.
Sakurai doesn't seem to understand the concept.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or Magnus is planned to be a mainstay in another series, and this is just his first appearance. Like Roy was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom