• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Likes and dislikes are the result of an emotional stimuli, logic isn't

Ganondorf and Bowser disagree.

Think about it. Bowser and Ganondorf have lost to their most hated rivals many times, thus getting crazier with their plans and ideas on how to rid them. Their logic trains are obviously affected because they think more on how to accomplish their addicting missions.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Psycho is defining logical as backed up by scientific facts, hyper is defining logical as backed up by any concept (concrete or abstract) that makes sense to the person making a claim. You guys probably won't see eye to eye on this one.

Star I can't vote on your poll until you add neo bowser city.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They were obsessive bronies, not fan bronies. >_> That wasn't much of a battle if the advantage was on your side.
They're still fans.

Phillies aren't any better. Seriously, fandumb is not related to any particular series. Stop dropping the word Brony like it's the only example, oy.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Speaking to the other guys, Asage.

Well it's not the ONLY example Hyper... it's the most recent example, in more ways than one.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

The ****s wrong with bronies? I see no reason to bring'em up.

Please quiet down about them, or else the Brony mob will come, which I'd rather NOT happen...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking to the other guys, Asage.

Well it's not the ONLY example Hyper... it's the most recent example, in more ways than one.
So? I've seen rabid FFVII fans, people who hate on games and characters for pretty poor reasons, etc.

I've even met a rabid Brony that won't stop talking about it. But he's reasonable enough that we just gotta ASK. I'm a Brony too. Hell, I'm a pretty good example of Fandumb in general.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Just saying there are two flip sides to THAT fanbase, that's all.

AND GREAT JOB NOW WE HAVE TO DIG A GRAVE FOR ASAGE :V

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was hoping for a new villain. Well, hopefully he doesn't have to rescue Mario again. Also, I'm still under the theory that King Boo is the dead version of Bowser.

Mainly why I consider Luigi's Mansion its own timeline anyway. :p

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I was hoping for a new villain. Well, hopefully he doesn't have to rescue Mario again. Also, I'm still under the theory that King Boo is the dead version of Bowser.

Well, I never considered Waluigi might be the final boss. He isn't a ghost. :p

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Well at least Luigi's getting a new game again. Hopefully we can see him in new titles in the future.

...and in Resident Evil 7 for the Wii U. *shot*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I never considered Waluigi might be the final boss. He isn't a ghost. :p
Actually, speaking of that...

I once made a really crappy idea called Ultra Mario 64. It was an upgrade from Super Mario 64 that was an idea based upon the N64DD. Among the playable were Mario, Luiig, Wario, and Koopa.(not to be confused with Bowser, he's a watered-down version of him)

Anyway, they all had evil enemies to fight at the end. I forgot who Mario's was, but Luigi had Dark Luigi(or could easily be Waluigi), Yoshi had Boshi, and Koopa had Bowser himself. Mario, I think might've had Metal Mario. My notes are very faded.

But it did have nearly 10 new caps, 120 new stars, 15 new worlds, and so on. It also had codes that you could input in, including a full Debug Mode, and so on. Fun idea, because hilarious in hindsight when Super Mario 64 DS came out, though.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Okay people, let's get off our horses and get this thread back on track, it's done enough multi-track drifting derailing as it is.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

I think I read somewhere they said the story was that Luigi is hired to go into various plces to hunt ghost, though I'm not quite sure.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I read somewhere they said the story was that Luigi is hired to go into various plces to hunt ghost, though I'm not quite sure.
If it means it's not about rescuing Mario, good.

Also, if it means Waluigi could appear in some way, if Camelot allows it, even better. You know, helps Waluigi's chances for playable. :p

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of third parties, I really don't understand the notion that there's a chance that Snake and Sonic won't return.

I mean, I understand that any character could be cut, but I see a lot of "guest = one timer" thinkers here. Just because someone is a guest character does not necessarily mean that they only show up once. I don't know about you guys, but I've had the same guest over to my house several times.

Guest- someone invited to take part in a function organized by another.

Why would Sakurai throw away two incredibly popular (though admittedly controversial) characters that the team worked so hard to make fit into Smash Bros.?

I dunno, it just doesn't make sense for them to be considered for cuts to me.

:phone:
First, by calling them guest, he means they are not a part of the main stay of characters.

Second, there is a point to where a neat fun addition becomes overbearing, out of place and stupid. Sakurai has already expressed concerns and dismay with third party characters.

EDIT:Third, legal and money issues.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
First, by calling them guest, he means they are not a part of the main stay of characters.

Second, there is a point to where a neat fun addition becomes overbearing, out of place and stupid. Sakurai has already expressed concerns and dismay with third party characters.

EDIT:Third, legal and money issues.
First, how do you know he means that?
Second, we have not yet reached that point for the majority of the fanbase.
Third, what legal issues? What money issues? Sonic and Snake in brawl is mutually beneficial to both parties involved - sonic and mgs games get publicity, and the characters themselves boost sales. There should be no problem getting permission to use those characters. Smash 4 will likely have an even bigger budget than Brawl, money is not an issue for a game this big, and the returns are well worth the initial investment.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He doesn't, Subpar. However Sakurai uses Guest could just mean that they weren't generally a normal character for the game. Sonic and Snake are not Nintendo characters. Assist Trophies are not playable characters. This is just one possible theory.

And so far, what addition other than Tripping has become hated extremely?

There are no legal issues either. He has to ask the company. If they say yes, they say yes. Outside of maybe Sora from Kingdom Hearts, it's not that hard as is. Money? Pfft. Sakurai's loaded. The game would sell like hotcakes with MegaMan in it, and Capcom is all about the money.

Hell, Rare could still get a character... if it weren't for Microsoft, but Killer Instinct is always possible.

D

Deleted member

I mean, Sonic, I could understand COULD (not likely, but it's possible) have legal problems, like Sega not wanting to have Mario and Sonic together anymore except for the Olympics (those games prevented Mario from being a Wii exclusive for Sonic's racing game), but I laugh at those who say Snake would cause legal trouble.

First off, Kojima "practically begged" for Snake to be in Smash, and he is close friends with Sakurai.
Second, Snake was pretty much going to be the only non-Nintendo character in the series, but Sonic was added much later in development due to his demand.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
When I read "Metal Dr Mario" I see Mario in rocking out with a guitar, a large set of hair, and a bloody uniform (scalpels not included as part of this scenario)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
AND GREAT JOB NOW WE HAVE TO DIG A GRAVE FOR ASAGE :V

I'm... I'm...
I'M ALIVE!!!
Not Hulk, Oasis_S. Not Hulk.

So... they want Luigi to be a One Man Army Ghostbuster?

Weegee Luigi as a one man army ghostbuster..? You dare ask such a question about the GREAT Luigi?

GOD. I just don't know what people BELIEVE in anymore.

I've already had the Iblis vs. Brony battle in the summer in this thread :smirk:

/beentheredonethat

...So, that's how you spend your summerz? Arguing with pretty colored miniature horses that may have horns? Or did you contribute something while you're talking to them about the aspects of the more "fuzzy and colorful" society?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
When I read "Metal Dr Mario" I see Mario in rocking out with a guitar, a large set of hair, and a bloody uniform (scalpels not included as part of this scenario)
Scalpel is the name of his guitar, silly. It's even stylized to look like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom