• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
Though Mewtwo having Shadow Ball, Lucario with Aura Sphere, and Zoroark able to use Dark Pulse/Night Daze (his signature move), they DO seem quite similar as projectiles that are made of energy and slightly darkish. But don't be fooled. All are different types. Real talk.

So today I watched a few videos on Youtube showing gameplay of The Legendary Starfy. I. Love. Him. I saw someone mention having him slow and slightly clumsy on the ground, but floaty and fast in the air (awesome). He's freakin' adorable.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm still not too sure on Starfy, I'll have to watch some more gameplay videos, but with all of his spin attacks he reminds me way too much of Meta Knight.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm still not too sure on Starfy, I'll have to watch some more gameplay videos, but with all of his spin attacks he reminds me way too much of Meta Knight.
Or Sonic. :troll:

And Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere are literally the only thing Mewtwo and Lucario have in common(besides body shape by a bit).

Anyway, I doubt Zoroark is going to continue the trend of having a Charge Shot remake.(let's be honest, they're all based upon it so far)

Also, if Plusle & Minun were finished, do you think their Neutral B would've been Thunder Jolt again? :troll:

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Just to be clear to everyone who hasn't looked at Bulbapedia, Night Daze is the sig move Skyleaf was referring to, and Dark Pulse seems to fit the continuation of the charge-and-fire Pokémon trend.

D

Deleted member

If they were actually PLANNED, as people jump to conclusions that "pra_mai" is Plusle and Minun just by their names, I wouldn't expect Thunder Jolts from them.

Also:
"Contrary to popular belief, Roy was not placed in at the request of Intelligent Systems, but rather it was Sakurai's idea. Sakurai said that placing in Roy was his idea and that he did it primarily to promote 'not just a new game, but the series as a whole.'"

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Since I haven't exactly found the time to compile the whole thing, and I would like to retain its relevance somehow, I'm going to give you guys a sneak-preview into Isaac's potential moveset, starting with his specials:

[COLLAPSE="B-moves"]Neutral-B: unleashes the Venus Djinn Flint, throwing the Djinn forward at the enemy like Olimar and his purple Pikmin, causing 20% damage. The power of Isaac's attacks decreases, and a one-minute cooldown is required before Flint can be set again with Neutral-B, in which case Isaac begins flashing in a subtle color. After Flint is set, power returns to normal levels.

Up-B: leaps into the air and smacks down a fiery rock with his sword, Megiddo-style. The pieces of rock from the shattered ball cause splash damage, much like Charizard's Rock Smash. The enemy erupts into flames.

Side-B: Ragnarok Psynergy gets thrown as far as the equivalent of 2/5 of Final Destination's stage length, penetrating multiple enemies. It can be charged for distance.

Down-B: Isaac casts Gaia, wrenching pieces of rock from the ground and slamming back down. This knocks back enemies immediately surrounding him and gives moderate damage. Heavier enemies fall back and take slightly more time to recover.[/COLLAPSE]

I realize that these attacks may seem overpowering, but a GS player can dream, can't he?

This post will be edited for later completion.

----------------

BTW, I've played GS and GSLA, but not Dark Dawn. If anyone had bought into DD, and has played at least one of the first two, was it worth the buy?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they weren't planned, they would have no character data, simply put. I'm not going to say anything about the Plusle & Minun, since, well, that COULD be them. And I would, since their designs are a copy of Pichu. So them being a Pichu clones? Pretty believalable at this point. I also believe they were the replacement of Pichu, presuming they existed for real.

So Roy repped the whole series, and had nothing to do with relevance in the end. Nice. :D

@Sonjicboom: Because Gen V is popular as hell, and leaving out another one(like they did 3rd Gen) would definitely not make fans happy. And Alakazam is not a very heavily notable Pokemon besides being "cool". He's not that popular. Meowth is pretty much, of the many Pokemon, one of the still most popular 1st Gens. In fact, I've seen many people want him in Smash, but you're the first Alakazam wanter I've seen.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
K.Rool for Smash Universe

K.Rool for Smash Universe

please God.. gimme back my K.Rool, I wanna main him with pride

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If they weren't planned, they would have no character data, simply put. I'm not going to say anything about the Plusle & Minun, since, well, that COULD be them. And I would, since their designs are a copy of Pichu. So them being a Pichu clones? Pretty believalable at this point. I also believe they were the replacement of Pichu, presuming they existed for real.

So Roy repped the whole series, and had nothing to do with relevance in the end. Nice. :D

@Sonjicboom: Because Gen V is popular as hell, and leaving out another one(like they did 3rd Gen) would definitely not make fans happy. And Alakazam is not a very heavily notable Pokemon besides being "cool". He's not that popular. Meowth is pretty much, of the many Pokemon, one of the still most popular 1st Gens. In fact, I've seen many people want him in Smash, but you're the first Alakazam wanter I've seen.
Just goes to prove that if a suitable replacement exists, why not add them?

Toon Link replaced Young Link.
Plusle & Minun was planned to replace Pichu.
Lucas was going to replace Ness but Sakurai likely added Ness back to buff the roster, IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf was planned to replace Falco but Sakurai decided to keep both to buff the roster.

Lucario and Ike replaced Mewtwo and Roy... there's no other way around it. Yes, Mewtwo and Roy were planned to be in Brawl... but when faced with time constraints... who had the higher priority? Lucario and Ike.

To me, it looks like newcomers, especially replacements, have higher priority over old characters.

That's why I think Impa could replace Sheik, Chrome could replace Ike, and Zoroark could replace Lucario. Hell, even Demise could replace Ganondorf (considering Ganondorf is the reincarnation of Demise). It is not impossible.

:phone:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Arc, if anything PT replaced Mewtwo, not Lucario. There was going to be a recent gen Pokemon regardless of Mewtwo being in or not. The one thing that really changed there was the implementation of PT.

Also its very unlikely that Wolf was intended to replace Falco seeing as Wolf is pretty much the second latest addition to the roster, and is only ahead of Sonic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Could happen, isn't likely, but it could be. If they go Skyward Sword -extreme mode like Melee did with Ocarina of Time why the **** not? The Demise final battle was everything the last few Ganon battles should've been. At least the spiritual succesor of Ganon would have that one moveset we wanted him to have from the start. I'd take Demise any day of the week if that is what it takes to have a de cloned Ganondorf.

Unrelated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPrjy1NWf-M
Happy birthday Mr.Marley!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not in Hero Mode.

Barely took damage against Ganondorf the first time in Twilight Princess.
Demise killed me quite a few times, even in regular mode.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As long as Diddy is there I'm cool. If he's cut I'll simply won't buy this.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
You guys can visit Twitter to form your own thoughts on this, but Sakurai Tweeted this just a little bit ago (my Japanese isn't too awesome, this is a rough translation): "Ready to raise game company Sora once from office now." Accompanying it is a picture of some of the game consoles in the studio, like the orange N64.

Call me sensational, but that sounds like today is the day SSB4 officially starts development.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You guys can visit Twitter to form your own thoughts on this, but Sakurai Tweeted this just a little bit ago (my Japanese isn't too awesome, this is a rough translation): "Ready to raise game company Sora once from office now." Accompanying it is a picture of some of the game consoles in the studio, like the orange N64.

Call me sensational, but that sounds like today is the day SSB4 officially starts development.

I'd like to take a look. Can I have a Link please?

yani

Smash Lord

Lucas was going to replace Ness but Sakurai likely added Ness back to buff the roster, IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf was planned to replace Falco but Sakurai decided to keep both to buff the roster.

Lucario and Ike replaced Mewtwo and Roy... there's no other way around it. Yes, Mewtwo and Roy were planned to be in Brawl... but when faced with time constraints... who had the higher priority? Lucario and Ike.

To me, it looks like newcomers, especially replacements, have higher priority over old characters.

That's why I think Impa could replace Sheik, Chrome could replace Ike, and Zoroark could replace Lucario. Hell, even Demise could replace Ganondorf (considering Ganondorf is the reincarnation of Demise). It is not impossible.

D

Deleted member

I swear, whatever comes out of your mouth makes me want to punch a baby.
Ike and Lucario had NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR REMOVAL. They were added PRIOR TO THE TIME CONSTRAINTS.
You know who CAUSED the time restraints? Sonic.
You know who Mewtwo and Roy were among during the last few that needed to be finished? Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf.
Welp, I guess Lucario had higher priorty to Jigglypuff, if she had to fight to stay on the Roster.

And again, no one knows that "pra_mai" is Plusle and Minun, and we never will at this point. So don't act like it was them for sure.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I want a variety of characters and stages, as well as balance for the next installment.. if he doesn't add a whole lot of content then what would be the point of "universe"?

D

Deleted member

I want a variety of characters and stages, as well as balance for the next installment.. if he doesn't add a whole lot of content then what would be the point of "universe"?
Maybe because "Universe" is only a rumor.
And so far, any rumor regarding "Universe" has been false.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...I was midway typing that, Golden, and you ninja'd me D:

I do hope for a lot of content, though. In fact, I made a list of 75 Assist Trophies I'd like to see...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, she's a Stage Element :awesome:

Either way, for Zelda Assist Trophies, I chose Tingle, Kaepora Gaebora, Epona, and Goron. I feel they're more liked and important.:awesome:

D

Deleted member

...I was midway typing that, Golden, and you ninja'd me D:

I do hope for a lot of content, though. In fact, I made a list of 75 Assist Trophies I'd like to see...
Ah. I ninja'd someone for once. Lol :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Aren't you ALWAYS lost?

1) Get lost and shoot around aimlessly.
2) Happen to stumble upon a place you hadn't gone before.
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you reach Tourian.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Correct.

If they even existed, so this is a very baseless statement.

That was only in Melee, and no rumors even exist for Brawl on that.

You'd be completely wrong. He's one of the last minute additions, even in the data.

That's NOT a replacement. If it was a replacement, then Mewtwo and Roy would not have data. They were planned to be in. Listen very carefully to GY. Only character that was replaced was Pichu(and technically Young Link), nothing more. Pichu got replaced by Luccario, the only non-1st Gen. If any.

Two replacements mean pretty damn little, though. In fact, the only complete and utter replacement(and pretty much not a remake like Toon Link was) is Pichu. And some bosses. Mainly the next Fighting team replacing the old one. Giga Bowser's role was replaced by Tabuu, but not the character. And so on.

Impa will never replace Sheik and Demise will never replace Ganondorf. They're beyond unrealistic completely. Chrome can only replace Ike if there is no data for Ike in SSB4. Otherwise, not a replacement. Same applies to Lucario and Zoroark.

Thus, in Smash history, there have been ONLY 3 total replacements that actually count. Upgrades do not. Or 4, if you want to get picky enough with Toon Link. Pichu is replaced by Lucario, Fighting Polygon Team was replaced by the Wire Frames, and then the Alloys.

That's pretty much it. In addition, cut =/= didn't make it any time. If Sakurai had enough time, we'd have all of them, so saying they were cut is an incorrect statement. That data throws the theory out of the water.

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
My character picks for the next one.

I hope everyone from Brawl makes it. They should bring back Mewtwo for sure. Now for new characters, I would like to see Little Mac from Punch-Out, Geno from Super Mario RPG, Andy from Advance Wars, Ridley from Metroid and Heracross from Pokemon Generation II. If I would pick a 3rd party character it would have to be Megaman from Capcom (though he apparently gets no more love from them.....) and a Chocobo from Square-Enix (It would be a perfect choice considering there* are many games that they appear on Nintendo consoles.)

I'm hoping that they release a popularity board for the next one where we can vote for characters we want to appear in the next game. Didn't they do that with the last one?

*-edit

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: Not really (X-RAY SCOPE~) just don't have a damning MAP!!!
(-l^l-);

Once I got map data for Norfair, I literally looked through every nook and cranny of it. :awesome: Got all the extra missiles/power bombs.

Maridia will suffer the same...

Ridley indeed has a STRROOONG intruder system to his entrance. And so damning simple too: a pool full of BOOOILING LAVA!

Anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom