• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisinger581

Smash Cadet
Watch as the Monopoly movie is all dark and about stocks, and it makes the game seem so evil, you never want to play it again.
Well the game in vindictive and I can't believe some of the things our parents let us watch and play as kids. Go back and watch any old cartoon you want and look for all the sexism and racism in it. Especially the first season of pokemon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Nintendo is smart, they'd design the next Classic Controller to be like the GameCube controller

You know they're gonna put GCN games in the VC, and a lot of games only really work the GC controller, anyway

BTW, totally off-topic but... WHY THE HELL IS THERE A BATTLESHIP MOVIE?!?! What's next, a Monopoly movie? :/
:phone:
Didn't the GC Controller have a comfort issue for some games? I remember hearing that it was a hindrance on the GC controller to play traditional fighters. They should just move on from the GC Controller and go on to something new.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, moving on, any comments on this:
Pikachu and Meowth are in the front... Squirtle and Jigglypuff are way back. LOL

What I like about that poster is that it shows the most popular non-Legendary Pokemon of all time, throughout all five generations.

D

Deleted member

Pikachu and Meowth are in the front... Squirtle and Jigglypuff are way back. LOL

What I like about that poster is that it shows the most popular non-Legendary Pokemon of all time, throughout all five generations.

Dugtrio is one of the most popular non-Legendary Pokemon?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Are you nuts? He meant Charmander!

Yeah, this movie already looks good. With this new forme coding found, Kyurem's Forme will appear here, too, no doubt.

Ya'll also need to focus on the Pichu. He's Spikey-Ear'd! Might this... be a return from HG/SS? Maybe not, but...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's got a very distinctive appearance... iconic, too, a decent Ground type Pokemon back in the day. I think the poster looks great. I was getting real tired of Legendary Pokemon hogging all the Pokemon media and merchandise.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The goal of my rebooted roster is to make Smash 4 NOT Brawl 2.0. You want Jigglypuff, Ness, Captain Falcon, Falco, Sheik, Toon Link? Go play Brawl or ask for Smash 5.
Yeah, tell this to the Roy and Mewtwo fans.

And I though Kuma's ideas were bad.

D

Deleted member

Are you nuts? He meant Charmander!

Yeah, this movie already looks good. With this new forme coding found, Kyurem's Forme will appear here, too, no doubt.

Ya'll also need to focus on the Pichu. She's Spikey-Ear'd! Might this... be a return from HG/SS? Maybe not, but...
Fixed. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I decided to break out of the "comfort zones" with a few characters.

Changes from last time:
1. Kiddy Kong has been added to partner Dixie Kong. Sakurai is likely to look into his old idea of Diddy and Dixie, and change it to Dixie and Kiddy so that Diddy could stay alone.
This actually makes more sense, as in the main series, when Dixie was the main hero, Kiddy was by her side.
2. Ridley has been "replaced" by Meta Ridley. I'm going to be making a whole essay about why in another thread, so don't bother asking me about it yet.
3. I've added Eggplant Wizard. I expect a LOT of guff on this, so all I can say is "come at me, bro." I have my reasonings.
4. In order to make room for the Wizard, I had to cut Mach Rider. Nothing personal with him. Just wanted EW more.
5. Sheik is not gone, she's just an icon in the corner like Zero Suit Samus is to make the roster look better aesthetically.
6. The Pokemon Trainer has a Female Trainer alt that simply changes the Trainer and the voice clips.
7. No Baraman version this time. That fad is starting to get old.

Credit to Ariand/AEM for the image.
Actually, looks pretty good. Just disagree with point 5, as I honestly feel no change in Zelda characters is just bad. Poor reasoning for now due to circumstances, but I just disagree a series grown so much and being so prominent during the time from Brawl to now should get a bit more of a change in cast.

Dunno yet if I'd mix Toon Link with Link and would have the Sheik replacement solo or not yet, but that would be my choice, a long with definate revamping. EDIT: Actually, yes ; I would mix Link with Toon Link, and make Takamaru the "extra Link" in a way. Representing Toon Link's style with heavy projectile spam with similar jumping and attack speed.

All Kid Icarus characters would be fine with me, slightly would like Medusa as it seems like a character enourmously good for stalling somehow, but if it's gonna be a WTF addition as Eggplant Wizard, why not? Can't see a reason why it actually shouldn't happen.

Kiddy Kong revival = I demand Sakurai to make a DKC game next. A long with a King K.Rool even, It'd be the greatest representation DKC ever had. I actually really want this to happen, and will make a moveset even. But first gonna play DKCR Diddy Kong solo mode.

Meta Ridley would be ok, no problem as long as he's there. If he has to be Meta to be more awesome? Why not?

Would still rather see a retro as Mach Rider than Mega Man, but am ok with this actually.

Oh and I disagree with Roy, if there at least is no mention of Chrome = 3DS character.

Isaac would also have been nice.

D

Deleted member

I know your beliefs on Chrome/Krom, Diddy, but I honestly don't see him happening.

Wait, there's a Diddy solo-mode?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah, you just use the second Wii Remote only. :p

But there are cutscenes for both DK and Diddy for the same events, so in a way, it's in there.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really like egg-plant wizard over Medusa or Palutena. He was probably the single worst enemy in Kid Icarus with a close second to those thief creatures that stole your items. I don't know if he has a bigger role in Uprising but as a generic enemy I don't see much chance for him being playable.

If anything he needs to at least be an assist trophy with throwing eggplants that prevent people from using their attacks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now I have 5 questions:

1) One thing's been bothering me for a while: For Toon Link's Final Smash, why did they just give him the Triforce Slash (the last thing needed to keep him a Link clone) instead of
his parry attack as was used to eliminate Samurai Ganondorf
at the end of The Wind Waker?
He said that Toon Link's specials will always be the same as Link's(or near identical as noted in Melee with the Fire Arrow). Apparently the Final Smash counts too

2) Why do so many people want to play as Tetra and/or Toon Zelda? I didn't think Wind Waker, nevermind Phantom Hourglass, was THAT beloved.
...What. Wind Waker is EXTREMELY popular. Phantom Hourglass, not as much. Outside of the CD-i games and maybe Link's Crossbow Training, every Zelda is very, very popular. That, and the toon games are represented only by Link himself. Also, keep in mind that Toon Zelda was among the characters that could've been implemented. Tetra wasn't, but Toon Sheik was(since Sakurai clearly doesn't mind clones).

3) Is there ANY possibility of an all-new Fire Emblem game any time soon?
Why wouldn't there be?

4) If you said NO to question 3, should Smash Bros Wii U even get a new Fire Emblem character?
Yes. Regardless of a new game or not. Since relevancy is completely unimportant, if no new notable game comes out, Lyn is already model-friendly, and has a move as is.

5) Is there one single Black/White Pokemon worth considering to make playable?
Victini, Zoroark, Genesect, random stragglers like Throh, etc.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What happened exactly when you were turned into an Eggplant? I was thinking your speed would be lowered, you could only jump once, you'd be given a single really impotent attack. Of course, no blocking.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
What happened exactly when you were turned into an Eggplant? I was thinking your speed would be lowered, you could only jump once, you'd be given a single really impotent attack. Of course, no blocking.
In Kid Icarus when you were turn into and eggplant you couldn't attack at all but you could still run and jump as normal. You would have to search the dungeon for the hospital in order to get revived.

So in a smash version I think it should treat you like it does when you grab the broken hammer. You can move around and do a single jump but that's it. It wears off after a certain time.

D

Deleted member

In Kid Icarus? You just couldn't attack.

In Smash, I would imagine it'd either be like being turned into a Yoshi Egg or alternatively, where you can't attack or shield (but you can sidestep or roll), and only have one jump.

Never mind, I was ninja'd.

EDIT: The main reason I want Eggplant Wizard though, is because everyone knew him before Brawl. Not so much Palutena or Medusa. Most of that being because of Captain N: The Game Master (which also sealed King Hippo as the most popular opponent from Punch-Out!!, even if his depiction with blue skin was criticized).
AngstyGuy even made a moveset for him prior to Brawl.

And even IGN played up on him, including a piece of an interview with Miyamoto about a new Kid Icarus, where Miyamoto said that Eggplant Wizard would return if a new Kid Icarus were to ever arise. (Which did happen. We got the Wizard in Uprising.)
http://wii.ign.com/articles/800/800696p1.html

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
In Kid Icarus? You just couldn't attack.

In Smash, I would imagine it'd either be like being turned into a Yoshi Egg or alternatively, where you can't attack or shield (but you can sidestep or roll), and only have one jump.

Never mind, I was ninja'd.

EDIT: The main reason I want Eggplant Wizard though, is because everyone knew him before Brawl. Not so much Palutena or Medusa. Most of that being because of Captain N: The Game Master (which also sealed King Hippo as the most popular opponent from Punch-Out!!, even if his depiction with blue skin was criticized).
AngstyGuy even made a moveset for him prior to Brawl.

And even IGN played up on him, including a piece of an interview with Miyamoto about a new Kid Icarus, where Miyamoto said that Eggplant Wizard would return if a new Kid Icarus were to ever arise. (Which did happen. We got the Wizard in Uprising.)
http://wii.ign.com/articles/800/800696p1.html
That Kirby hat... It's staring at me. Creepy. :c ( :awesome: )

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Where'd you get that pic with Kyurem asage?
Google is your friend :cool:

I'll be outsy for now. But, as I leave from now on, I'll be leaving this message (it's allowed!):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------v Join the Victini 4 SSB4 Alliance on Facebook.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I always thought I was the one to bring the idea of Victini over here since the logic behind Zoroark didn't make sense given the time line. Now Victini doesn't make as much sense either though, but I still don't think Keldeo is the one that will get the spot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So far, nobody has brought much severely good reasoning for any of the fifth Gen choices.

The problem is that all 3 of the choices can be accused of similar body shapes or ideas.

Zoroark is another furry(sorry, but true), and I find him the easiest choice to implement personally. Save the illusion part. Maybe a mix of Wolf's feral style(but not the same moves), a few dark moves from Mewtwo, etc.

Victini may end up being a combo of Ness/Pikachu(but with fire instead of electric), and being a mouse makes too many people think he could be a Pikachu clone(which is bull, agreed).

Then there's Genesect. I can't think of a good movelist for him, but he's pretty much a lot like Mewtwo, even somewhat in design itself.

Now, it's honestly really hard to say who'll get in. All three are Event pokemon, but only one isn't a Legendary, so I could see Zoroark stand out among them for that alone. Genesect has a more unique design, and really wouldn't much reuse other characters' moves by any means.

Anyway, they're all great choices, but for all we know, Sakurai could choose somebody completely different, or even try to implement someone like Kyurem.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
He said that Toon Link's specials will always be the same as Link's(or near identical as noted in Melee with the Fire Arrow). Apparently the Final Smash counts too
Who? Sakurai? Aren't clones supposed to be a last resort, not to be used liberally?

...What. Wind Waker is EXTREMELY popular. Phantom Hourglass, not as much. Outside of the CD-i games and maybe Link's Crossbow Training, every Zelda is very, very popular. That, and the toon games are represented only by Link himself. Also, keep in mind that Toon Zelda was among the characters that could've been implemented. Tetra wasn't, but Toon Sheik was(since Sakurai clearly doesn't mind clones).
Toon Zelda could've been implemented? And how could Toon Sheik have? Sheik never appeared in any Cel-shaded games, so they're basically making a character debut in the Smash Bros series, but unlike Roy with The Binding Blade, there's no upcoming game to advertise.

Why wouldn't there be?
I didn't hear that Fire Emblem: Awakening was scheduled for 4-19-012 until today.

Yes. Regardless of a new game or not. Since relevancy is completely unimportant, if no new notable game comes out, Lyn is already model-friendly, and has a move as is.
LYNDIS? At least Hector and Eliwood were much more important characters in Rekka No Ken. Lyndis is little more than a supporting character. Besides, with more representation from Emblems 6-8, they're skating on thin ice because last I heard, Japanese gamers found those three vastly inferior to the previous five (and likely the following two).

Victini, Zoroark, Genesect, random stragglers like Throh, etc.
Never have I had this much trouble recognizing Pokemon.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
Zoroark is another furry(sorry, but true), and I find him the easiest choice to implement personally. Save the illusion part. Maybe a mix of Wolf's feral style(but not the same moves), a few dark moves from Mewtwo, etc.

Victini may end up being a combo of Ness/Pikachu(but with fire instead of electric), and being a mouse makes too many people think he could be a Pikachu clone(which is bull, agreed.)
I think it's funny that people have to throw around the word furry as if they must group the Star Fox characters with Pokemon. It's really funny, actually.

Anyway, that aside, Mewtwo's "dark moves"? What? I don't even...

And Victini, a mouse? Victini closest resembles a fennec fox or possibly a rabbit. I sure don't see a mouse at all. :/

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyway, that aside, Mewtwo's "dark moves"? What? I don't even...
Beats me. Everyone knows he fights with a spoon. :troll:

@HF: Kidding aside, Shadow Ball is a Ghost type move.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Who? Sakurai? Aren't clones supposed to be a last resort, not to be used liberally?
Since when?

Toon Zelda could've been implemented? And how could Toon Sheik have? Sheik never appeared in any Cel-shaded games, so they're basically making a character debut in the Smash Bros series, but unlike Roy with The Binding Blade, there's no upcoming game to advertise.
Giga Bowser debuted as well, and was a pure clone of Bowser with elements added to his moves. That, and Intelligent Systems suggested Roy, Sakurai didn't choose him. Also, what about Master Hand? He's playable using codes and uses a full moveset(in the first Smash, he even has a Side B). He couldn't be gotten to work outside of using Final Stage(later became Final Destination), so any chance of playing as him was scrapped, but unlike the other 14 clones, he had his own complete moveset. There's also some odd rumor that you can play as the Polygons in the Japanese version of 64. I don't believe it, but there's some option?

I didn't hear that Fire Emblem: Awakening was scheduled for 4-19-012 until today.
Ah.

LYNDIS? At least Hector and Eliwood were much more important characters in Rekka No Ken. Lyndis is little more than a supporting character. Besides, with more representation from Emblems 6-8, they're skating on thin ice because last I heard, Japanese gamers found those three vastly inferior to the previous five (and likely the following two).
Sakurai does not care about role importance whatsoever, and has never shown that. Likewise, she was an Assist Trophy in the fighter category(many of them were considered for being a playable character), so she is a more likely if they go with somebody not from the latest game. Similar to Goroh, Isaac, and Saku being choices.

Never have I had this much trouble recognizing Pokemon.
Er, what?

@Skyleaf: A furry is NOT StarFox related. It's basically a humanoid animal with just too much damn fur. Zoroark's a pretty good example of this. Victini's also a mouse shape too. Or is often confused with one, which is kind of obvious why. His body shape is not that off from Pikachu/Plusle/Minun/Pichu.

@Mewthree: You forget his A moves, like his Down Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom