• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I wonder if there is a way for the new character creator will they let you create your own pokemon characters like Meowth and Mewtwo?

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Ultimate idea- custom trainer. Use any pokemon in existance, choose moves, choose trainers look, and whatever there is (though its unrealistic)

Also im not a football guy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder if there is a way for the new character creator will they let you create your own pokemon characters like Meowth and Mewtwo?
Tempting but it would detract the focus away from Nintendo characters.

@ Metal Overlord... some of us aren't interested in football... shocking, I know...

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
IDEA-

Custom trainer
Custom Robo
My Unit
Custom Toad
Custom Tingle
Custom Metal Sonic
Custom Kirby
Custom Side boob

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

@ Metal Overlord... some of us aren't interested in football... shocking, I know...
One of the reasons why I'm against Miis.

Also, I hate football. Have a soft spot for the Cowboys though thanks to my mom being a Cowboys fangirl.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh my god... there were so many discrepancies with GoldenSin's post... i would love to tear it apart but i gotta go watch the super bowl. (and apparently someone suggested 3 moves to be payday... i don't know why someone would suggest that but i won't check who or what they said.)

D

Deleted member

oh my god... there were so many discrepancies with GoldenSin's post... i would love to tear it apart but i gotta go watch the super bowl. (and apparently someone suggested 3 moves to be payday... i don't know why someone would suggest that but i won't check who or what they said.)
As I would love to tear any discrepancies within your argument as well, as I know that there will be plenty.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

Not really providing all the parts would be based off of Nintendo items and people. You could have a character wearing the Power Glove or the NES zapper. That would be epic!

Rugby is better.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
One of the reasons why I'm against Miis.

Also, I hate football. Have a soft spot for the Cowboys though thanks to my mom being a Cowboys fangirl.
But Miis are Nintendo characters. :(

Better them than original characters we have to build up from scratch. It's the lesser of two evils. ;)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
First, grow up. If you can't handle being called a fool of all things, you've got issues. It's not like I said you were stupid or mentally handicapped.

"Key move" is a joke, as it implies that the move is very important and necessary.
The term you're looking for is "signature move". But signature moves don't define a Pokemon, except if it's the only one they know naturally, such as Smeargle's Sketch.
For REAL signature move examples, Aeroblast. Does Aeroblast define Lugia? Is Lugia all about Aeroblast? If, hypothetically, Lugia was playable in Smash, should it have 3 variations of Aeroblast?
How about Octozooka? Should Octillery have 3 variations of it as special moves or Final Smash if it were playable?

And an example I've already given, Jigglypuff. Being the typical Pokemon that puts others to sleep by singing is its trademark. Sing, while not its signature move, is an ability that DEFINES Jigglypuff. And yet, it has only ONE variation of Sing in Smash.

Furthermore, you're trying to use another character from another series (3rd Party, I might add) of another, unrelated genre to justify why Meowth should have 3 Pay Days.
Unlike Meowth, Sonic is well defined by two things: Speed and rolling into a ball. Name one ability that he has that doesn't involve speed or rolling into a ball. Other than one-shot barrel-scraping techniques like using exploding mines in Sonic Battle.
Do yourself a favor and go Sonic News Network.
:facepalm: So, where's that link?

The fact that you're using insults gives me a great idea of your ability to debate. I'm sensing some pointlessly assertive energy here, and I'm not gonna pick up the discussion that you and Arcadenik are having.

I now know why there's an ignore button.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why do we have to choose between those two options. I just don't think they would fit in Smash. Normally, I'd say that's a frivolous argument, but this one exception I would make.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Once again I'm going to have to disagree with Arcadenik tonight.

Miis... aren't even an evil! :awesome:

They're just so GOOD.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
*raises hand* That'd be me! Surprised? :awesome:

But seriously, this is what I suggested for Meowth's specials before I wound up wasting the last couple hours debating with Golden over this.

B - "Amulet Coin" aka Pay Day as a simple projectile move like this:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ee/Pay_Day.png

Side B - Fury Swipes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrDW9WfLr4E

Up B - Faint Attack
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/46/Faint_Attack.png

Down B - "Payback" aka Pay Day as a counter move like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybv23OciapM

Final Smash - "Pay Day" aka Pay Day from Brawl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dDkyKrwU4

See? Meowth could use Pay Day in at least three different ways.

Not really providing all the parts would be based off of Nintendo items and people. You could have a character wearing the Power Glove or the NES zapper. That would be epic!

Rugby is better.
I'd rather have Miis and we can accessorize them with Nintendo stuff like we can do in StreetPass Mii Plaza.

D

Deleted member

:facepalm: So, where's that link?

The fact that you're using insults gives me a great idea of your ability to debate. I'm sensing some pointlessly assertive energy here, and I'm not gonna pick up the discussion that you and Arcadenik are having.

I now know why there's an ignore button.
Point to where I insulted you in that whole damn post. Seriously. POINT TO IT.

If you can successfully point out to where I insulted you in the post that you quoted, I'll give you the link.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Point to where I insulted you in that whole damn post. Seriously. POINT TO IT.

If you can successfully point out to where I insulted you in the post that you quoted, I'll give you the link.
No, both of you are just fools.

Spin Dashes DEFINE Sonic. Pay Day does NOT DEFINE Meowth. Everything Sonic does in his games are based on his speed or spinning.

That, and Sakurai has stated that he WAS NOT IN CHARGE OF MAKING SONIC'S MOVESET.
Calling us fools constitute insulting.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
How I imagine it would be is a cross between soul caliber and mk armaggedon.

You have a list of wire frame models to choose from. Man, Woman, Mario, Baloon body, Miis, etc. Then you can select different body parts and items with accessories to make them look the way you want. You can even paint or draw item on them like in the new tekken game.

The fighting design would be similar to mk armaggedon where you select various A moves and set up combos. Same thing with the B and Final Smashes.

I don't know the limits to the 3DS or Wii U but this is what I hope it will look like.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Really just can't accept the idea of character creation in Smash.

Also I really wish I could post this video right about now. But I think I would probably get in trouble.

I like Golden when he's not being aggressively defensive.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Your very tone in your posts could qualify for insulting.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How I imagine it would be is a cross between soul caliber and mk armaggedon.

You have a list of wire frame models to choose from. Man, Woman, Mario, Baloon body, Miis, etc. Then you can select different body parts and items with accessories to make them look the way you want. You can even paint or draw item on them like in the new tekken game.

The fighting design would be similar to mk armaggedon where you select various A moves and set up combos. Same thing with the B and Final Smashes.

I don't know the limits to the 3DS or Wii U but this is what I hope it will look like.
Hmm.. that could work. But I fear that if we customize our characters' movesets, they would end up broken... even banned from the competitive scene. IMO, I would like Mii to come with its own ready-made moveset... and we just change the appearance of the Mii, change the skin color, hair type, etc. and accessorize them with Mario's hat, Link's cap, Peach's crown, Pikachu mask, Majora's Mask, etc. just like in StreetPass Mii Plaza. I think that's pretty simple.

D

Deleted member

Your very tone in your posts could qualify for insulting.
Then that would imply that the "victim" is easily insulted over trivial things, such as a "tone".

Fool/Foolish: lacking good sense or judgement; silly; rediculous
I am one on occasion, I'm not going to lie. We all are fools at times. Fool isn't much of an insult.

"Grow up"= Be more mature; (in this case, don't let something as trivial as being referred to as a fool or someone's tone hurt your feelings as if it was a personal attack)
I too need to "grow up" during various occurances. Again, everyone at some point or another needs to do so. Hardly insulting.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Hmm.. that could work. But I fear that if we customize our characters' movesets, they would end up broken... even banned from the competitive scene. IMO, I would like Mii to come with its own ready-made moveset... and we just change the appearance of the Mii, change the skin color, hair type, etc. and accessorize them with Mario's hat, Link's cap, Peach's crown, Pikachu mask, Majora's Mask, etc. just like in StreetPass Mii Plaza. I think that's pretty simple.
Now I don't do video game competitions but I heard on here one time that a solution would be to have the regular tournaments and the custom character tournaments. I do like your idea of outfitting the Mii's.

D

Deleted member

Well, I decided to break out of the "comfort zones" with a few characters.

Changes from last time:
1. Kiddy Kong has been added to partner Dixie Kong. Sakurai is likely to look into his old idea of Diddy and Dixie, and change it to Dixie and Kiddy so that Diddy could stay alone.
This actually makes more sense, as in the main series, when Dixie was the main hero, Kiddy was by her side.
2. Ridley has been "replaced" by Meta Ridley. I'm going to be making a whole essay about why in another thread, so don't bother asking me about it yet.
3. I've added Eggplant Wizard. I expect a LOT of guff on this, so all I can say is "come at me, bro." I have my reasonings.
4. In order to make room for the Wizard, I had to cut Mach Rider. Nothing personal with him. Just wanted EW more.
5. Sheik is not gone, she's just an icon in the corner like Zero Suit Samus is to make the roster look better aesthetically.
6. The Pokemon Trainer has a Female Trainer alt that simply changes the Trainer and the voice clips.
7. No Baraman version this time. That fad is starting to get old.

Credit to Ariand/AEM for the image.

Brisinger581

Smash Cadet
They verified at E3 that the Wii U will not be able to use GC controllers, but if fans complain enough I am sure Nintendo will find someway to make it work whether adding ports to the system itself or selling some sort of weird attachment for the GC controllers that would make them work with the new system.

Can't wait for SSB4 though. Have my 3DS ready for it :D

yani

Smash Lord
No Impa? 0/10 :troll:

Nice though. I'm not a fan of Dixie being partnered up but it's understandable. Better Kiddy than Diddy

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If Nintendo is smart, they'd design the next Classic Controller to be like the GameCube controller

You know they're gonna put GCN games in the VC, and a lot of games only really work the GC controller, anyway

BTW, totally off-topic but... WHY THE HELL IS THERE A BATTLESHIP MOVIE?!?! What's next, a Monopoly movie? :/
:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Super Bowl? Screw that, no good teams (I don't follow the Patriots, and I have a VERY strong dislike for the Giants). However, in about a half an hour, I'll be watching The Puppy Bowl. That's tradition for me.

@Metal Monopoly: Best board game ever. Deserves an Anime series :troll:

D

Deleted member

Watch as the Monopoly movie is all dark and about stocks, and it makes the game seem so evil, you never want to play it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom