• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Kay, so I'll be facing off the Regis soon on Pkmn Emerald. First: Registeel, then Regirock, then Regice (Registeel first because I like him best out of the three).

aba1

Smash Apprentice
Yes, that's what I mean... even though Little Mac and King Hippo are both boxers, they would play differently from each other. They would feel different when you play them.

It's good to add more heavyweights in Smash, too... we got Bowser, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Ike (or Chrome if he replaces Ike)... add King K. Rool, Ridley, and King Hippo and you got more gameplay options among the heavyweight characters.

Females do not add to the gameplay... they are just for aesthetic and gender political correctness purposes.
Don't forget snake and charzard

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hmm, I remember talking about Starfy's playstyle once. He'd be somewhat sluggish on ground, but on the air he'd move around like in underwater. Also the best moves for him comes mostly from the aerial gameplay.

He better use Moe for some moves, too. And true, he'd use spinning a lot.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can someone show me a video of what Starfy can do? Kinda interested

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What happened? It'll probably be hilarious. :troll:

BTW, new avi.
I know for a fact it's HP was at 1 (False Swipe) and was paralyzed. I used 25 damn Ultra Balls on Registeel. It shook TWICE on the last 17. Then I used all my Pokeballs, and what was left after 60 rounds? Timer Ball. Shook ONCE... ONCE!?! GRAAAHHH!!!!

Also, nice Avi.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I know for a fact it's HP was at 1 (False Swipe) and was paralyzed. I used 25 damn Ultra Balls on Registeel. It shook TWICE on the last 17. Then I used all my Pokeballs, and what was left after 60 rounds? Timer Ball. Shook ONCE... ONCE!?! GRAAAHHH!!!!

Also, nice Avi.
I was right. It was hilarious. :troll:

And thank you. :bee:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is starfy a star that thinks he's a starfish or a starfish that thinks he's a star?

Has Starfy even been in any games other than that obscure one that went international?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hey guys, what's the top-*sees Arcadenik's Roster*
*begins to make points against it* *Realizes that this is the same guy that thinks that Meowth should have three seperate Pay Days* *Sees his arguments are just as bad*

Never mind. I'll come back later.
Bye. :)

Since he brought it up... this is what I suggested for Meowth's specials.

B - "Amulet Coin" aka Pay Day as a simple projectile move like this:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ee/Pay_Day.png

Side B - Fury Swipes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrDW9WfLr4E

Up B - Faint Attack
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/46/Faint_Attack.png

Down B - "Payback" aka Pay Day as a counter move like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybv23OciapM

Final Smash - "Pay Day" aka Pay Day from Brawl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dDkyKrwU4

See? Meowth could use Pay Day in at least three different ways.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Is starfy a star that thinks he's a starfish or a starfish that thinks he's a star?

Has Starfy even been in any games other than that obscure one that went international?
Actually, Starfy(according to his creators) is neither a starfish nor a star.
He also has 4 Japan-only games, one of which also stars Wario.
He also makes a cameo in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga(as a poster in the Yoshi Theater). And he's in Brawl(AT).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Yes. Legendary Starfy 1-4 for the GBA. The international one is Legendary Starfy 5. Starfy had cameos in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Super Princess Peach. In Legendary Starfy 3, he teamed up with Wario in one level. He's also an Assist Trophy in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Bye. :)

Since he brought it up... this is what I suggested for Meowth's specials.

B - "Amulet Coin" aka Pay Day as a simple projectile move like this:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ee/Pay_Day.png

Side B - Fury Swipes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrDW9WfLr4E

Up B - Faint Attack
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/46/Faint_Attack.png

Down B - "Payback" aka Pay Day as a counter move like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybv23OciapM

Final Smash - "Pay Day" aka Pay Day from Brawl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dDkyKrwU4

See? Meowth could use Pay Day in at least three different ways.
Yes, God forbid Meowth have anything original.:glare:
Super Nuke Bros. Moveset + My Final Smash > Your moveset.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes, God forbid Meowth have anything original.:glare:
Super Nuke Bros. Moveset + My Final Smash > Your moveset.
At least my Meowth moveset would be paying homage to Meowth's Smash history. And it emphasizes on Meowth's Pay Day being its signature move and reinforces its status as the Scratch Cat Pokemon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pay Day x 3 is over kill. Pokemon can only have one slot for moves remember? :smirk:

I would want Fury Swipes and something like Pursuit / Faint Attack / Fake Out for his other B moves.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Use a dusk ball, it never fails after you have used up all your ultra balls. Variety is the key.
Lol I had 15, and they all failed.

At least my Meowth moveset would be paying homage to Meowth's Smash history. And it emphasizes on Meowth's Pay Day being its signature move and reinforces its status as the Scratch Cat Pokemon.
But yours eats too much Smash. Needs moar Pokemon references. Anyone see my meowth-set?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pay Day x 3 is over kill. Pokemon can only have one slot for moves remember? :smirk:

I would want Fury Swipes and something like Pursuit / Faint Attack / Fake Out for his other B moves.

Ummm... that's why I renamed those moves "Amulet Coin" and "Payback"... and Smash isn't canon. Pikachu have five moves in Brawl when Pokemon must only have four moves in the games.

Amulet Coin is an hold item in the game. Payback is actually a move in the games.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ummm... that's why I renamed those moves "Amulet Coin" and "Payback"... and Smash isn't canon. Pikachu have five moves in Brawl when Pokemon must only have four moves in the games.

Amulet Coin is an hold item in the game. Payback is actually a move in the games.
But Meowth isn't all Coin-based...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Lol I had 15, and they all failed.

But yours eats too much Smash. Needs moar Pokemon references. Anyone see my meowth-set?
What happened to the whole "Smash canon is more important than Game canon" thing people were drumming up? :awesome:

D

Deleted member

"Paying homage to it's Smash history"? Bull****.

Does Charizard spout out flames left and right for near EVERYTHING it does? No.

Charizard's B, Flamethrower works more like Bowser's Flame Breath than his Poke Ball attack.
Charizard's Forward Air is just small bursts of flame.
Charizard's Down Throw makes him use embers of fire on the opponent.
Charizard's part of the Final Smash has him using Fire Blast instead of regular fire breathing.
Every other move? Not breathing fire.

Your moveset is just a disgrace to Meowth.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
"Paying homage to it's Smash history"? Bull****.

Does Charizard spout out flames left and right for near EVERYTHING it does? No.

Charizard's B, Flamethrower works more like Bowser's Flame Breath than his Poke Ball attack.
Charizard's Forward Air is just small bursts of flame.
Charizard's Down Throw makes him use embers of fire on the opponent.
Charizard's part of the Final Smash has him using Fire Blast instead of regular fire breathing.
Every other move? Not breathing fire.

Your moveset is just a disgrace to Meowth.
Did I say Meowth's regular moves would be throwing coins? Did I? All I suggested was for Meowth to use Pay Day in three different ways: B, Down B, and Final Smash. Of those, two of them come from Smash 64 and Brawl. That is paying homage to Meowth's history in Smash. I don't see what's wrong with it.

D

Deleted member

Remember my old Tingle moveset? I made one for Meowth, too.

MEOWTH
Neutral Combo: Meowth does two claw swipes, then starts rapidly clawing in a slapfight style while cowering his face away in a comedic fashion.
Neutral Forward: Meowth kicks forward.
Dash Attack: Meowth pounces.
Neutral Up: Swipes twice upward, like a cat swatting at a piece of string directly above it.
Neutral Down: Swats like a cat grabbing at a piece of string being moved slowly away from it.
Forward Smash: Meowth uses Slash forward. Works the same as in Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Up Smash: Meowth puts his paws on the ground and kicks both legs upward.
Down Smash: Meowth does the spilts.
Neutral Air: Meowth spreads his arms and legs out.
Forward Air: Meowth swings his tail forward. This attack is used in Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Back Air: Meowth wags his tail back. Similar to Yoshi.
Up Air: Claps claws together. And yes, I mean CLAWS.
Down Air: Meowth kicks his legs like riding a bicycle. Same as Flapjack’s Down Air in Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion.
Grab: Meowth grabs with both paws, claws extended.
Pummel: Meowth bites the opponent.
Forward Throw: Uses Fury Swipes. Not a good throw for knockback, but it’s good for racking up damage.
Up Throw: SHORCLAWYUKEN! No seriously, he does a claw uppercut.
Back Throw: Meowth uses Iron Tail to slam opponent back. (Pikachu doesn’t use Iron Tail in Smash, so why shouldn’t Meowth?)
Down Throw: Meowth places opponent on the ground, then leaps and slams a claw down on them like his Air Down Special in Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Neutral Special: Pay Day-Meowth tosses coins forward as long as the button is pressed. (I know Meowth can’t use Pay Day in the anime, but this is more based on the games. This is like Super Nuke Bros. Melee, but is different in that you can hold the button down to keep going, and it works like Brawl’s Pay Day.
Forward Special: Thief-Meowth lunges forward like Captain Falcon’s Raptor Boost, but only goes a little bit before falling flat on his face. If used and missed in midair, he isn’t put into Helpless Mode, but he can’t use the Thief again until he’s either hit or lands. If he makes contact, he latches on to his opponent, and kicks off of them like Captain Falcon’s Falcon Dive. If the opponent is holding an item, Meowth steals it for himself. This does not work for large items. Instead, he makes the opponent drop them. This is the same as Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Up Special: False Swipe-Meowth rises while swiping up with a claw, then swings his tail up in the same way. The claw does minimal damage (as it’s the FALSE swipe), while the tail does good damage and knockback (as it’s the REAL swipe) like Ganondorf’s uppercut after Dark Dive. This is the same as Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Down Special: Screech-Meowth takes a breath, then emits it's Pokemon Stadium cry. Anyone close by is paralyzed temporarily. (Not stunned, like Mewtwo's confusion, paralyzed. Like when Ganondorf begins his Final Smash). The opponent has to be either right in front or right behind Meowth. This move will work when the opponent is in the air. This is the same as Super Nuke Bros. Melee, but can also be used in midair.
Final Smash: Night Slash-The move Meowth claimed to have learned in the anime, although never used, so we don’t know if he was bluffing or not. Anyways, it works a LOT different than the Pokemon games. First, the screen goes black, like Dimensional Cape, then you see slashes in different areas. As darkness is gone, Meowth is back where he was when the move started, and the screen is filled with dark energy claw slashes, like the Byakko in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up. They are hard to avoid, and touching one will be a grave mistake, as they have high damage and knockback capabilities. They are stationary.
(In order to see the Byakko, go here: http://tmntgame.us.ubi.com/# then click on About, then click on Ninja Powers, then click on Byakko. It shows a picture example of what I’m talking about.)
Taunt: Meowth makes a peace sign with two claws extended , looks at the screen and says “That’s right!”. This taunt is used in Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Dis moveset be betta for da top cat!

aba1

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't matter. Think outside the box. If it fits a character, what's the problem?
I agree with what you are saying about being creative but to many coin attacks would make the character get stale really quick.

To be honest I think it would be really interesting if they used throh because he would be a throwing character. He could really switch up the way the game is played by making him able to throw in the air and stuff like that. Having a grappling style fighter would be really interesting try as opposed to the usual melee style

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Doesn't matter. Think outside the box. If it fits a character, what's the problem?
The problem is that it too much of one thing makes the character a different being. Charizard uses Rock Smash, Fly, and Flamethrower. Towards PKmn trainer, that's ok. In otherwords, make the moveset more creative, yet fit the character.

@Golden What's Super Nuke Bros?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I agree with what you are saying about being creative but to many coin attacks would make the character get stale really quick.

To be honest I think it would be really interesting if they used throh because he would be a throwing character. He could really switch up the way the game is played by making him able to throw in the air and stuff like that. Having a grappling style fighter would be really interesting try as opposed to the usual melee style
3 is too many? Out of 20+ moves?

Too many coin attacks would make the character get stale really quick? Tell that to Sonic and Pikachu. Too much spinning and electricity. :glare:

I guess we should cut Marth, too... he uses his sword too much. At least Link uses the bow, boomerang, and bombs. :rolleyes: Cut Donkey Kong, too... he uses his hands too much. :awesome:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
3 is too many? Out of 20+ moves?

Too many coin attacks would make the character get stale really quick? Tell that to Sonic and Pikachu. Too much spinning and electricity. :glare:

I guess we should cut Marth, too... he uses his sword too much. At least Link uses the bow, boomerang, and bombs. :rolleyes: Cut Donkey Kong, too... he uses his hands too much. :awesome:
Marth uses a counter. Donkey Kong uses Super Sissy Sally Slap AND Drums.

D

Deleted member

You see, you are being hypocritical, Arcade. You claim that characters should have something unique, and your moveset features a simple projectile, rapid hits, a counter, etc.
MY moveset features an Item-stealing move (no character has such a move yet), a sound based stunning move, a fake-out move (False Swipe), and a FS that causes multiple stage hazards that can kill.

@asage: A fangame for Smash Bros. that never finished. Only Demo had Mario, Peach, Pikachu, Meowth, Sonic, Samus, Link, Cloud, and Ness as an unlockable.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The problem is that it too much of one thing makes the character a different being. Charizard uses Rock Smash, Fly, and Flamethrower. Towards PKmn trainer, that's ok. In otherwords, make the moveset more creative, yet fit the character.

@Golden What's Super Nuke Bros?
*watches Charizard use the move Fly to recover*

*fire surrounds Charizard's body*

Point I am making.... it is called "Fly" in name only, but his Up B is fire-based even though in the Pokemon games, it is a Flying-type move.

D

Deleted member

*watches Charizard use the move Fly to recover*

*fire surrounds Charizard's body*

Point I am making.... it is called "Fly" in name only, but his Up B is fire-based even though in the Pokemon games, it is a Flying-type move.
Your point being....?

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be really interesting if they used throh because he would be a throwing character. He could really switch up the way the game is played by making him able to throw in the air and stuff like that. Having a grappling style fighter would be really interesting try as opposed to the usual melee style.

I know it is unlikely to happen but who else thinks it would make for a very interesting and dynamic character?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Here's my old Meowth Moveset I posted before:

(B):pay Day:
Hold the (B) button to charge, and let go of the (B) button to throw. The longer you hold the (B)button, the longer the throw time. Unlike the Ball Meowth, he can fire sideways, upwards, and downwards (Which trips easier on both sides of Meowth). The maximum time chargable is a 3 second firing spree. Hold ^ when you're about to let go to fire upwards, and v to fire downwards. In the sky, the coins will be shot all around him, like in the N64.

(B)>: Payback:
He stands straighter, and his claws come out. When hit, he'll slash foward, doing 2x the number of dmg that was to be done. Meowth takes 1% dmg off this attack.

(B)v: Swaggar:
He stomps first, then smirks. As you hold it, the ground under him will vibrate, and he'll be breathing deeply. In this mode, he can deflect projectiles and make them shoot straight upwards. If an opponent is nearby when this move activates, the opponent's left and right movements become confused, and switch every now and then. So, you could be holding left, but you may go right, or maybe left.

(B)^: Aerial Ace
Like Meta Knight, except he doesn't glide. A Glideless shuttle loop, to be exact. But he also has action afterwards (He can still attack and such).

FS: Meowth's Party
He whips out the guitar he played in Pokemon Channel, and plays a miniture version of the song he plays in Channel. Buttons will show up on the top screen. It'll say stuff like, "Press B". Press it in time, and Meowth's Coin on his head will glow. After the song stops, he'll throw the guitar off stage, and then use a more powerful Pay Day, except he's movable in the air, and the coins are bigger and hit harder/have more range. Depending on the song's button-hit, this move can be a OHKO. Enemies are locked by the coins, and then shot left or right.

This pays homage to his Anime appearences, his PokeChannel appearence, and Smash appearence.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Couldn't Mario just pick up starfy and gain invincibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom