• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Both King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard have been redesigned recently...

Captain N confirmed

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: Naah. That one's a BIG MAC.

Also, it's bit hilarious in hindsight when you realize that Punch-Out Wii came after one-year of Captain Rainbow's release.
(-'υ'-)

In other words, Mac's wish of being a world champion did really come true. Nick. that good guy. Mac should thank him sometime.

:phone:

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I personally think Jigglypuff is a higher priority for adding into Smash Bros. than any other Pokemon character with the exception of Pikachu. Jigglypuff is a Smash Bros. icon. I dealt with idiots who thought she should be cut for over 10 years. She may not be relevant to Pokemon anymore but she has been with Smash Bros. since the beginning.
I agree I also think it would be really cool if they added a veteran mode for all the original 12 where you can use their original skins from the 64 era and maybe even original move sets.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree I also think it would be really cool if they added a veteran mode for all the original 12 where you can use their original skins from the 64 era and maybe even original move sets.
It would be neat if we could have a Retro version of every character playable.(if enough space) I mean, nobody would play retro Mewtwo, but... 64 Pikachu was freakin' powerful, and much better than the newer versions. As for the Side B's, they would be ignored for the Veterans(unless Master Hand became playable, the original user of the Side B)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Retro Mewtwo with Amnesia? You wouldn't wanna play a game with that in it. ^^

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wants more new playstyles.

Adds two boxers.

:troll:
Boxers can be different just like how sword fighters can be different. We got how many sword fighters? Link, Young Link (same as Link), Toon Link (same as Link), Marth, Roy (same as Marth), Ike, and Meta Knight.

Little Mac would be a nimble lightweight boxer while King Hippo is a lumbering heavyweight boxer. Little Mac could borrow moves from the lightweight boxers and King Hippo would borrow moves from the heavyweight boxers. They would have different playstyles even though they are both boxers.

Funny how no one is complaining about the additions of both Palutena and Medusa... both use staffs... but people are complaining about the additions of both Little Mac and King Hippo because they are both boxers.... and they want more sword fighters.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I didn't complain about that? Whoops, may have missed that.

Anyways, its actually quite simple. A boxer is a boxer is a boxer. They may have a different way to throw a punch, but in most cases, the attack is still just a punch. Palutena and Medusa would theoretically use staffs, but they are magic users at the same time, and thus can do virtually anything. Still Medusa may not be like that at all, since in the original game she turned into a gigantic monster, but I'm just going to chalk that up to the idea that its really really dumb to try to say that either of those characters should be included before we learn their full roles in the upcoming game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"Starfy provides a very unique playstyle. You see, he spins a lot."

You forgot to mention that one, Arcadenik.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would be neat if we could have a Retro version of every character playable.(if enough space) I mean, nobody would play retro Mewtwo, but... 64 Pikachu was freakin' powerful, and much better than the newer versions. As for the Side B's, they would be ignored for the Veterans(unless Master Hand became playable, the original user of the Side B)
Oh, god... no. I don't want Sakurai to waste his time and the resources just to make four versions of the original Smash 64 vets, three versions of the Melee vets, and 2 versions of the Brawl vets plus a handful new characters.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
Boxers can be different just like how sword fighters can be different. We got how many sword fighters? Link, Young Link (same as Link), Toon Link (same as Link), Marth, Roy (same as Marth), Ike, and Meta Knight.

Little Mac would be a nimble lightweight boxer while King Hippo is a lumbering heavyweight boxer. Little Mac could borrow moves from the lightweight boxers and King Hippo would borrow moves from the heavyweight boxers. They would have different playstyles even though they are both boxers.

Funny how no one is complaining about the additions of both Palutena and Medusa... both use staffs... but people are complaining about the additions of both Little Mac and King Hippo because they are both boxers.... and they want more sword fighters.
No see boxing is the same style of fighting no matter who does it. There are different styles of sword fighting just like there are different types of swords.

if you were to say there are different types of striking styles then yes you would be correct but boxing has a established move set that is the same no matter where you go :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
"Starfy provides a very unique playstyle. You see, he spins a lot."

You forgot to mention that one, Arcadenik.
Sorry I forgot to mention that one. Yes, Starfy would be very unique... if anyone bothered to play and beat The Legendary Starfy DS, they would see that Starfy spins in different ways. Not only that but he would be the first wingless character to glide... yes! Glide like Pit! Of course he cannot jump several times like Kirby and Pit... he gets the standard two jumps but he still glides.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Starfy's animations should convey the feelings of moving underwater.

Kind of like how Samus feels like she's always in space.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
Oh, god... no. I don't want Sakurai to waste his time and the resources just to make four versions of the original Smash 64 vets, three versions of the Melee vets, and 2 versions of the Brawl vets plus a handful new characters.
I was talking only the originals as a homage to show how much the game has changed and I said maybe move sets I was talking about the skins more than anything. Either way using the old moves wouldn't be hard to translate either they are essentially the same for all the characters still just the skins have changed.

I know I am sorta getting on your case with this one but it wouldn't be sakurai using his time on that either it would be the development team it is not a one man show

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No see boxing is the same style of fighting no matter who does it. There are different styles of sword fighting just like there are different types of swords.

if you were to say there are different types of striking styles then yes you would be correct but boxing has a established move set that is the same no matter where you go :p
Doesn't matter if they are both boxers... they would box in different ways. Boxing might be standardized but how it's utilized vary from individual to individual.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was talking only the originals as a homage to show how much the game has changed and I said maybe move sets I was talking about the skins more than anything. Either way using the old moves wouldn't be hard to translate either they are essentially the same for all the characters still just the skins have changed.

I know I am sorta getting on your case with this one but it wouldn't be sakurai using his time on that either it would be the development team it is not a one man show
Why should the development team waste their time and resources recreating them when they could have been working on new characters and refining the gameplay? Fans got upset when they found out that the development team spent 70% of their time and resources developing Subspace Emissary that the gameplay suffered (in their opinions) even though we lost 5 old characters and gained 18 new characters. I don't think the fans would be happy if they didn't get about 15-20 new characters and instead got only 5-10 new ones and the gameplay suffered because the development team wasted their time and resources recreating the vets from the last three games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Starfy's animations should convey the feelings of moving underwater.

Kind of like how Samus feels like she's always in space.
Wouldn't Samus be moving a lot slower if she was in space?

aba1

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't matter if they are both boxers... they would box in different ways. Boxing might be standardized but how it's utilized vary from individual to individual.
Fair point there moves would still likely be really similar though just one would be slow and powerful and another be fast and weaker. Especially since boxers don't have as strong of a variety of moves as a lot of other fighting styles. But yes there would be a difference between how the moves are used

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Arcade during the Melee days- "Why should the developers waste time putting in a bunch of trophies, we could have a WHOLE ENTIRE new clone character with all those resources and time"

aba1

Smash Apprentice
Why should the development team waste their time and resources recreating them when they could have been working on new characters and refining the gameplay? Fans got upset when they found out that the development team spent 70% of their time and resources developing Subspace Emissary that the gameplay suffered (in their opinions) even though we lost 5 old characters and gained 18 new characters. I don't think the fans would be happy if they didn't get about 15-20 new characters and instead got only 5-10 new ones and the gameplay suffered because the development team wasted their time and resources recreating the vets from the last three games.
They wouldn't need to recreate them they could just use the old skins and port them over. And even if they did make new versions of the old skins honestly they are not very complex since graphics have changed so much hell I learned how to make skins of that quality from a single Maya class. It would take a couple people a day maybe 2 max to recreate all those skins and that's under the assumption they can't just copy paste the old skins over for some random weird reason

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, what's the top-*sees Arcadenik's Roster*
*begins to make points against it* *Realizes that this is the same guy that thinks that Meowth should have three seperate Pay Days* *Sees his arguments are just as bad*

Never mind. I'll come back later.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Fair point there moves would still likely be really similar though just one would be slow and powerful and another be fast and weaker. Especially since boxers don't have as strong of a variety of moves as a lot of other fighting styles. But yes there would be a difference between how the moves are used
Yes, that's what I mean... even though Little Mac and King Hippo are both boxers, they would play differently from each other. They would feel different when you play them.

It's good to add more heavyweights in Smash, too... we got Bowser, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Ike (or Chrome if he replaces Ike)... add King K. Rool, Ridley, and King Hippo and you got more gameplay options among the heavyweight characters.

Females do not add to the gameplay... they are just for aesthetic and gender political correctness purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom