• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Shortie you need to stop blowing up when people say they don't like Krystal. She is a very controverisal character. Just accept that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And you need to stop blowing up when people say they like Krystal.

The hypocrisy is strong in you.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortie you need to stop blowing up when people say they don't like Krystal.
I really don't though, you just need to stop acting a fool whenever someone brings her up. I ignore most of your "trolls", I just decided to say something this time.

Nah, mostly you.
ZING!

lol at Shortie thinking any negative post about Krystal is a troll.
"Krystal Suxx :troll:"

"Too bad Krystal is terrible :troll:"

"lol As useless as Krystal :troll:"

Comes from you more often than I even mention Krystal

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What ChronoBound said, Shortie. I am not a big fan of Toad, but it doesn't mean anything. I see people not like Brian or Waluigi, but I don't find that any reason to attack anyone.

And Kuma, if you're getting attacked, it's because of your attitude and unfortunately being a fan-unfavorite due to trying to make Smash not Smash.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Perfect image for when things are waaaaay too serious in this thread.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still am looking forward to Star Fox being rebooted. F-Zero also needs a reboot (though for different reasons).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still am looking forward to Star Fox being rebooted. F-Zero also needs a reboot (though for different reasons).
Well, let's note that Star Fox Adventures happened right after Star Fox 64, so if the remake is a true reboot, we could see a new game without Krystal. That is, if they want a new storyline(like MK9 did).

And yeah, we need a new F-Zero game, remake or not.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ HyperFalcon

No, relevancy isn't the only factor... but it kinda helps... let's just say relevancy simply boosts a character's chances of getting in Smash. ;)

Which newcomers had the relevancy boost prior to Brawl?
- Pit (Classics NES Series: Kid Icarus for the GBA in Japan back in 2004)
- Zero Suit Samus (Metroid: Zero Mission - remember, she used to be playable if you entered "Justin Bailey" as a password in the NES game)
- Ike (the newest Fire Emblem lord at the time)
- Pokemon Trainer (the 1st gen GBA remakes in 2004)
- Lucas (originally planned to be in Melee but Mother 3 got canceled in 2001, Mother 3 came out in 2006 so Lucas gets in)
- Olimar (Pikmin in 2001 and Pikmin 2 in 2004)
- Lucario (the mascot of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl in 2006)
- R.O.B. (playable role in Mario Kart DS in 2005)
- Toon Link (the newest incarnation of Child Link since 2002)

Notice my rebooted Smash 4 roster had a lot of newcomers from the 1980's who have had become relevant in recent years? Toad, Impa, Ridley, Palutena, Medusa, Little Mac, King Hippo, Takamaru

Plus new characters from the 2000s appearing in post-Brawl games like Tingle, Zoroark, Chrome, Mii, and Starfy. The only exceptions are Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong, King K. Rool, Meowth, and Duck Hunt Dog.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star: I love that episode. :awesome:

Anyway I'm betting against Krystal getting in. Not for any real reason, just a hunch I guess.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, let's note that Star Fox Adventures happened right after Star Fox 64, so if the remake is a true reboot, we could see a new game without Krystal. That is, if they want a new storyline(like MK9 did).

And yeah, we need a new F-Zero game, remake or not.
A new F-Zero (outside of a possible X with Expansion Kit extras port for the 3DS) probably won't happen. F-Zero has only ever sold well when it was a launch title for a console (see the original and Maximum Velocity). I really, really want a new F-Zero to happen.

Star Fox 64 3D did not sell well, so there might not even be a future game for that series for a long while.

I am still peeved that a compilation of all three Mother games never happened for the DS.

Also, Tri-Hypen, how are you enjoying Thracia 776. I am definitely envious that you got a non-memory cart copy for as cheap as you got it. Though I did get the box and instructions for my memory cassette version. Need some advice on what units to use?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
None of those did whatsoever. Lucario was in because he was super popular. Pit? Sorry, but Sakurai liked the character. Lucas, hell no. Sakurai liked him. R.O.B., because he was one of the most important Nintendo characters. Pokemon Trainer was way too old for that to be relevant. And you know, is like, the main character of Pokemon? Sakurai thinks Child Link is the most important, and the better looking design was Toon Link, not to mention, in perfect 3D. Olimar is a new series, which is something Sakurai liked the idea of adding stuff to. Ike was suggested by Intelligent Systems. Zero Suit Samus was the only other part of Samus available, and he didn't clearly think Ridley should be playable(perhaps at the time).

Did I mention everyone in that?

He never has shown relevancy as an actual reason, and he also does not specify it as a criteria, so that's honestly a true theory. I don't think it's impossible, but it's not official.

@ChronoBound: True. Anyway, maybe the Wii U will finally get that new game, if we don't get a remake.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ChronoBound: True. Anyway, maybe the Wii U will finally get that new game, if we don't get a remake.
I highly doubt F-Zero will get a new game for the Wii U. F-Zero usually sells poorly, and HD games cost a lot to develop. If there is any hope for an original F-Zero games its for the 3DS.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I highly doubt F-Zero will get a new game for the Wii U. F-Zero usually sells poorly, and HD games cost a lot to develop. If there is any hope for an original F-Zero games its for the 3DS.
Wipeout is an amazing game and if f-Zero were to make a similar racing game for the Wii U I would buy 2 copies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also, Tri-Hypen, how are you enjoying Thracia 776. I am definitely envious that you got a non-memory cart copy for as cheap as you got it. Though I did get the box and instructions for my memory cassette version. Need some advice on what units to use?
I'm still working on FE4 at the moment, playing it reminds of FE2 because of all the new features and gameplay changes (not to mention the story). So if you have any advice on that or 776 I would be very appreciative. :)

@HF: I agree, you have the right idea about relevancy.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I loved the last FZero GX but I miss extreame G that was a cool series it was FZero with motorcycles and guns

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You've got a good point.

@Mewthree(A.K.A. Try-Hyphen): Yeah. I don't it'll never ever be used, but it's not a true factor that we can say for sure about, heh.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm still working on FE4 at the moment, playing it reminds of FE2 because of all the new features and gameplay changes (not to mention the story). So if you have any advice on that or 776 I would be very appreciative. :)
If you are still on Generation 1 for FE4, here are the pairings you should do:

Ayra/Lex
Titylu/Azel
Levin/Fury
Briggid/Dew
Lachesis/Beowolf
Adean/ Midayle
Sylvia/Claude (the disgusting thing is that its hinted in-game that they Sylvia is actually Claude's long-lost sister)

I would really like to see Alvis, Ishtar, Sety (or Levin), Fin, or Julia as an Assist Trophy.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@HF: Mewthree? Okay, you can call me that if you want, but I'm not going to have this avi forever.

@Chrono: Thank you. That will make things much easier for me, although from what I've heard it's hard to pair Levin/Fury. ;)

And I agree, it's a shame that FE4-5 didn't get any content in Brawl. Personally I'd like to hear this song.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought it fit well, since the Mewtwo avatar and your name being Try-Hyphen. I said it on the
backroom.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@HF: I see. ;)

@Chrono: I may have to change up the music again on my FE stage concept. lol

yani

Smash Lord
None of those did whatsoever. Lucario was in because he was super popular. Pit? Sorry, but Sakurai liked the character. Lucas, hell no. Sakurai liked him. R.O.B., because he was one of the most important Nintendo characters. Pokemon Trainer was way too old for that to be relevant. And you know, is like, the main character of Pokemon? Sakurai thinks Child Link is the most important, and the better looking design was Toon Link, not to mention, in perfect 3D. Olimar is a new series, which is something Sakurai liked the idea of adding stuff to. Ike was suggested by Intelligent Systems. Zero Suit Samus was the only other part of Samus available, and he didn't clearly think Ridley should be playable(perhaps at the time).
This. :sheik:

D

Deleted member

Boshi is going to be an alt. :troll:

Sorry for that, just needed to post at least once today.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What rumors?
Super Smash Bros. Universe stuff, where Sonic was confirmed, no more F-Zero and Mother stuff, Samus would be unnerfed, and Ridley, atleast.

Then there was the other one with Toad, Bandanna Dee, Ridley, I think one of the Animal Crossing characters, and more. Oh, and both King Hippo and Little Mac. Those blue manbreasts, mmm...

yani

Smash Lord
I definitely think there's something going on for Smash4

I do like the title Super Smash Bros. Universe.. a lot :x

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Super Smash Bros. Universe stuff, where Sonic was confirmed, no more F-Zero and Mother stuff, Samus would be unnerfed, and Ridley, atleast.

Then there was the other one with Toad, Bandanna Dee, Ridley, I think one of the Animal Crossing characters, and more. Oh, and both King Hippo and Little Mac. Those blue manbreasts, mmm...
Do you think you could dig up any sources for those rumors? Or at least someplace that reported them?

Rumors are fuel to my hype fire. I really want to read more about that second rumor (I want an Animal Crossing character so badly I'd sell my kidney to make the trip to Japan and talk to Sakurai myself), and much less that first one (total removal of Mother and F-Zero elements would cause the world to end).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom