• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wario is not obese though, Impa is. Do you see Wario dying from a heart attack or Impa? Exacta!
Being obese doesn't necessarily mean that you're guaranteed to get a heart attack though.

But like I said, Wario pretty much covers the overweight human department for the Smash Bros. series.

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet

Fat Impa is more iconic and should be added into SSB over that anorexic tree. Everyone agree? Good you all agree. She can even represent the heavy weight females that this game needs.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King K.Rool is fat, Mario was always a bit chubby, Little Mac gained weight in Captain Rainbow, King Hippo is pretty damn fat, there's also Wario of coarse... Ness is called fat boy in Earthbound to by someone... Samurai Goroh has a serious beer belly...

That's more than enough fatty cells. Now, who is absurdly skinny? Only ZSS, but she has assets, so there's fat SOMEWHERE. Skinny Impa wins :awesome:

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of new topics, here's a new Final Smash idea for Kirby...

[collapse=Ultra Sword]
[/collapse]

Ultra Sword: Kirby becomes Ultra Sword Kirby for a brief period of time. By pressing the Final Smash button, Kirby can perform a sword strike that heavily damages opponents, and even bypasses defenses, invincibility frames, and flinch resistances. However, it has no effect against those who have grabbed a Starman. Kirby can perform up to "5" attacks with this Final Smash. After the 5th attack, Kirby will immediately lose the Ultra Sword ability, and the Final Smash will end.

As a bonus, the BGM will briefly change while this Final Smash is in effect...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCLuYBYwfQ

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
King K.Rool is fat, Mario was always a bit chubby, Little Mac gained weight in Captain Rainbow, King Hippo is pretty damn fat, there's also Wario of coarse... Ness is called fat boy in Earthbound to by someone... Samurai Goroh has a serious beer belly...

That's more than enough fatty cells. Now, who is absurdly skinny? Only ZSS, but she has assets, so there's fat SOMEWHERE. Skinny Impa wins :awesome:

Game and Watch. :troll:
And Sheik. :troll:

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
Diddy Kong, nobody wants skinny Impa so stop suggesting it. Fat Impa can take Ganons current moveset also so then we can give Ganondorf a real moveset.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool is pretty damn fat...one might even say fatter than WARIO...and he's likely.
Mario is just chubby. He dun count.
Little Mac was only fat (lolbigmac) in one non-canon game that flopped. And he got better in-game. Not only that, if he's in Smash, he ain't going to be fat.
King Hippo won't be playable.
Being called "fat" isn't the same as actually BEING fat, so Ness dun count.
Goroh got abs on dat belly. Therefore, Goroh has a glandular disorder, so he dun technically count. :troll:

But none of them are female, which is what we need. FAT IMPA.

And one other fat guy. SHAKE KING.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
2D cannot hide Game & Watch's pot belly.
And Sheik wears corsets. You know that's true

Skinny Impa will inspire the children to stop eating MCDonals and play video games. THINK OF THE HEALTH OF THE CHILDREN!

D

Deleted member

Skinny Impa will inspire the children to stop eating MCDonals and play video games. THINK OF THE HEALTH OF THE CHILDREN!

And Mario will inspire the children to take shrooms, while Wario inspires kids to eat at Hometown Buffet everynight to be as big as him.
DOUBLE STANDARDS.

D

Deleted member

Again, Limelight, stop comparing Brawl's guests to Soul Calibur's. I've already explained why the two can't be compared.

Just because So-and-So and Whatshisface wasn't the guest in a later game in SC doesn't mean anything to Smash.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Cuz Nintendo, A VIDEO GAME CREATOR, totally wants kids to stop playing video games. FAIL. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When is everyone here going to stop being a bunch of babies and finally throw down their predictions? You have to make your predictions Pre-E3, so let's go ahead and do that now.

The only thing that is subject to change on this list, is Palutena, AFTER I see how KI:U does. Everything else, I'm sticking to. I may also add Isaac or Shulk, IUNNO what to do with them.

Mario, Luigi, Peach Bowser, Yoshi
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
Wario, Mona
Link, Zelda/Shiek, Ganondorf, Child Link
Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Mewtwo, Zoroark
Samus/ZSS, Ridley
Marth, Ike, Roy
Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal
Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh
Ness, Lucas
Pit, Palutena
G&W, ROB, Olimar, IC's, Little Mac, Takamaru, Miis

D

Deleted member

And in bust size too, plokoon. :troll:

Mario, Luigi, Peach Bowser, Dr. Mario, Toad
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario, Captain Syrup (if Wario GETS a 2nd character, which may or may not be.)
Link, Zelda/Shiek, Ganondorf, Child Link
Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Mewtwo, Zoroark
Samus/ZSS, Ridley
Marth, Ike, Roy
Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal
Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh
Ness, Lucas
Pit, Medusa (if Kid Icarus GETS a 2nd character, which may or may not be.)
G&W, ROB, Olimar, IC's, Mach Rider, Takamaru, Saki
Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Professor Layton
My predictions.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay forget doing the WHOLE roster, just gimme the newcomers, and I'll ave your predictions to a file. I got yours though gold pony.

Oh yes, you lose a point for guessing wrong, and gain one for guessing right.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I still think at the end of the day Sakurai is going to surprise everyone once again. Characters that should have never gotten in will be there, and characters that should have will not. Tis my opinion.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I had the same idea really! SFAs staff and kick combos combined with some magic from the staff should be her play style. I'm also fan of the low knockback, high damage sort of vibe you get from that game inspirational wise. It's cool, but for heavier, slower characters its harder to play like this I feel. Exception may be Donkey Kong.

That actually reminds me. Having high damage-low knockback and low damage-high knockback combos would really increase the depth of the game. The higher knockback attacks would naturally have more startup so this presents a risk reward situation.
My only complaint with that Impa is that she may end up becoming a stereotype for overweight women.
How on earth did you arrive to that conclusion.

@Shortie

Toad
Bowser Jr.
Dixie
K. Rool
Ghirahim
Impa (Sheik replacement)
Krystal
Capt. Syrup
Palutena
Medusa
Tom Nook
Little Mac
Takamaru
Saki
Isaac
Lip
Mewtwo
Roy
Megaman

D

Deleted member

How would we lose points before the whole Roster is revealed? By if the character is confirmed to be an AT or something like that?

And what about characters that we didn't have on our lists (for example, say Duck Hunt Dog made it in). Would we lose points for them?

yani

Smash Lord
Yani's predictions:
Toad,Doc,Dixie,K.Rool,Palutena,Krystal,Ridley,Mewtwo,Samurai Goroh,Saki,Takamaru,Tingle,Ghirahim, Little Mac,Mega Man

edit- forgot Little Mac

D

Deleted member

When is everyone here going to stop being a bunch of babies and finally throw down their predictions?
I already gave a prediction earlier this month, but didn't really go into detail.

My next full prediction will come in April, after Uprising is released.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I still think at the end of the day Sakurai is going to surprise everyone once again. Characters that should have never gotten in will be there, and characters that should have will not. Tis my opinion.
You and I seem to talk about this a lot. But I think an example would be something like Ridley, or K. Rool not getting in (Because Sakurai doesn't like them/think they're playable material)

Who do you think SHOULD get in, but you have a feeling won't? Those two are my guesses, along with maybe Goroh. (Which would be a shame)

Yes, if Tingle is revealed as an AT, Yani would lose a point for example. Also, you don't lose points for NOT guessing a character, just guessing one WRONG.

D

Deleted member

Ah, so for example, if Claus was confirmed, I would not lose a point for not guessing him.
And if Zoroark was confirmed to be a Poke Ball, I would lose one because I guessed her.
Correct?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
My predictions: Mewtwo (does he count...?)
Roy (same as above)
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Toad
Saki
Ridley
Isaac
Little Mac
Takamaru
Genesect
Mega Man
Samurai Goroh
Krystal

yani

Smash Lord
That's why I didn't bother to guess the new gen Pokemon :laugh:

I watched this Wii-U vid. I think the controller will be decent for Smash..

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Added Palutena AND Medusa to my predictions.

I'm surprised we aren't looking at Uprising's design for more clues in Sm4sh's gameplay. That melee combo one is most definitely a good topic.

D

Deleted member

Shortie, what if a character we predict return gets cut? Like if I predicted Lucario to return, but he got cut.

That's a reason why I think every character should be mentioned and not just newcomers. Or at least something like this:

Example prediction (Not mine):
"Everyone returns expect for Lucario.

K. Rool
Ridley
Little Mac.

D

Deleted member

I thought that too, but then everyone might as well get free points for Mario, DK, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, etc.

So there should be a part for cuts. If a character you predict gets cut ends up getting cut, you get a point.
If they stay, you lose a point.
If a character you didn't predict to get cut gets cut, nothing happens.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You and I seem to talk about this a lot. But I think an example would be something like Ridley, or K. Rool not getting in (Because Sakurai doesn't like them/think they're playable material)

Who do you think SHOULD get in, but you have a feeling won't? Those two are my guesses, along with maybe Goroh. (Which would be a shame)

Yes, if Tingle is revealed as an AT, Yani would lose a point for example. Also, you don't lose points for NOT guessing a character, just guessing one WRONG.
King K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Megaman, 5th Generation Pokémon, the Kid Icarus Duo; those are characters that I think could be notably absent.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's too complicated for something that's just supposed to be simple fun. Just keep ot the way it is.

D

Deleted member

Check the edit to see how I think it should be handled. (Simple enough)

Here is is:
So there should be a part for cuts. If a character you predict gets cut ends up getting cut, you get a point.
If they stay, you lose a point.
If a character you didn't predict to get cut gets cut, nothing happens.
For example, let's say Limelight here says Snake gets cut. If Snake is cut, he gets a point. If Snake stays, he loses a point. If say, Captain Falcon is cut, Limelight doesn't lose or gain a point because he didn't say Falcon would be cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom