• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The story in SS is clearly superior, it just takes longer to really get rolling. After beating it you'll see. It's full of mind ****ery, especially in the end.

Also, this is no Toon Link, he has a normal sized head, no cat eyes, actual legs to speak of... Yeah, I preferred the old look of TP to before, but it grows into you. Besides, Zelda is pretty cute, and she's not a princess in this one.

Ganon > Ghirahim though, but just slightly. I like Dorf better cause of WW if anything.

Finish your game yourself, its much more fun that way.

Poor Lucas yeah... Poor, poor Lucas... :(

:phone:
SS<OoT. I alrdy know the drill.

By TL, I mean the comical mischivous: Theres too much. Take OoT, for example. It had *some* funnies in it, but overall, it was very serious. Just me, though.

Ganondorf> Any other Zelda Boss

I will

What about Lucas?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SS<OoT. I alrdy know the drill.

By TL, I mean the comical mischivous: Theres too much. Take OoT, for example. It had *some* funnies in it, but overall, it was very serious. Just me, though.

Ganondorf> Any other Zelda Boss

I will

What about Lucas?
Skyward Sword was a good mix of seriousness a long with occasional comic relief, and in some instances, mixed it perfectly. OOT wasn't dead serious either, it just looks darker. If you want seriousness though, I think TP beats all of it overall. Or Majora's Mask, but you'll see that especially Majora's Mask is full of comical stuff, think Tingle. Humor was also much better in SS than OOT to I say.

End game is always serious business though.

And OOT clearly wasn't the best Zelda to me. I think I enjoyed Wind Waker and Skyward Sword far more than it. Twilight Princess to maybe.

Lucas went through a little something I doubt the poor boy will ever forget. :( He won't remember hot springs gladly I'd think.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lucas went through a little something I doubt the poor boy will ever forget. :( He won't remember hot springs gladly I'd think.
Two pictures define whatever the **** I just saw:

Which leads to the question:
What the **** are you playing, again?

Yup! Gamestop & Amazon I believe. You get the 3D Classic: Kid Icarus download code
Kickass, bro. I'll make sure to preorder it, then.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Its just implied though :/ inside joke for those you played it. Why am I being accused for scheming all the time though?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And Kuma, yeah I hope ground play will be improved on in Smash, but don't think chains as in Tekken would be a good idea. Let's first see how Uprising does it.

It's honestly not as bad you think it might be. If you want a comparison with just one button, there's Starfox Adventures which is actually how I visualized chaining normals would be.

Also, Tekken's chains aren't as complicated as you might think (assuming you think they're complicated). A while back, I was going through the command lists of Xiaoyu and King and I noticed that a good chunk of their commands were actually variances of a particular chain ending into a particular attack which has more than likely been rendered as special moves in SFxTK. If you were to rewrite the command lists with that in mind, they would probably be at least 2/3 the size of the original list.

@asage
As Diddy said, you gotta play the game for yourself to get a better opinion. It's one thing to watch a game being played, it's another thing when you're playing it. It's like watching American football vs. playing it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly, making your own mistakes and doing your own interpretation of the story creates your own likes, not someone else's. I was ****ing skeptic about SS myself, but am glad I got it after all

Also, SFA battles where sexy. I would be cool with that

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, SFA battles where sexy. I would be cool with that

I also kind of got the idea from that game. Whenever I was thinking of Krystal's moveset, I would always think of the combos you'd have to pull in SFA. Maybe next time I mention the chains, I'll refer to SFA. At least then SmashChu won't be on my *** as usual.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
- Ground locations include a medieval castle and an interstellar space-pirate vessel
- Fight with projectile attacks
- Can hide behind pillars/rubble
- Close-range melee combos
- Dash attacks
- Can take your time to explore in these sections
- Lots of hidden treasures
- Secret life-restoring hot springs
- “levels are frenetically paced and full of surprises”
Space pirate = Ridley confirmed. :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
This font I have for my username is really starting to grow on me, I want to keep it

BTW, I'm excited for Sonic 4: Episode 2 'cause Metal Sonic is the main villain again, PLUS since Tails is playable (I think), it looks like Sega is finally starting to get off its "Only Sonic should be playable" horse****

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It's not just sega, it's seems to be a sizeable amount of the fans who played the original sonic first.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also kind of got the idea from that game. Whenever I was thinking of Krystal's moveset, I would always think of the combos you'd have to pull in SFA. Maybe next time I mention the chains, I'll refer to SFA. At least then SmashChu won't be on my *** as usual.
I had the same idea really! SFAs staff and kick combos combined with some magic from the staff should be her play style. I'm also fan of the low knockback, high damage sort of vibe you get from that game inspirational wise. It's cool, but for heavier, slower characters its harder to play like this I feel. Exception may be Donkey Kong.

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet

Impa for SSB4! She is the character with the most incarnations/appearances in every game other than the big 3! I'm sure she can put her weight up against opponents and crush them. That fat looks like muscle more than layers of skin.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If he really wanted to take the joke THAT far, then sure.

Kid Icarus is supposed to be rather SILLY, so hopefully there is some kind of joke in having space pirates in Angel Land.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With a Skyward Sword design posted, you'd be my main man. After Kuma of coarse <3

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm more baffled what space pirate chases are doing in a Kid Icarus game. But, y'know, whatever. Can't knock it just yet.
Just tell that to the Metroids already in the game. :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's because Medusa's so weak she needs the extra help.

D

Deleted member

All of that stuff you listed for Doc... HE NEVER USES THAT. ALL HE HAS ARE PILLS AND VIRUSES.
Point to me where Captain Falcon used firey bird punches and flaming kicks in F-Zero.
All he had was a space racecar and a gun he never uses.

Point to me where Zelda used Din's Fire, Naryu's Love, and Faeroe's Wind.

Point to me where Sheik used needles and a chain.

Point to me where Dedede "mechanized" his hammer. (No, The Dedede Hammer in KSSU doesn't count, as that's a full-on mechanincal weapon with no similarities to the Jet Hammer. Besides, it debuted AFTER Brawl.)

Point to me where etc., you get the idea.
Smash isn't canon. People are given things that they never used before. And you know what? They still make sense. (Captain Ganon excluded, though people do argue that him having those kind of techniques makes sense...)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Falcon is entirely made up, and backs it up with swag. He's legitimately unworthy otherwise, and the series first, true WTF character. Besides, FALCON PUNCH is heard in a F-Zero games intro.

Zelda had no moves to speak of, but her spells are in fact existing.

Sheik... Let's not get into that one...

DeDeDe did have a Mecha Hammer iirc, but not in any Kirby game I played. He's Sakurais own creation anyway, so its not all that farfetched.

Point is, Poppy Bro is right.

D

Deleted member

Falcon is entirely made up, and backs it up with swag. He's legitimately unworthy otherwise, and the series first, true WTF character. Besides, FALCON PUNCH is heard in a F-Zero games intro.

Zelda had no moves to speak of, but her spells are in fact existing.

Sheik... Let's not get into that one...

DeDeDe did have a Mecha Hammer iirc, but not in any Kirby game I played. He's Sakurais own creation anyway, so its not all that farfetched.

Point is, Poppy Bro is right.

1. The term "FALCON PUNCH" came from Smash Bros. Any reference to it (F-Zero GX music, the F-Zero anime) came way later.

2. They exist. But they aren't HER spells. That's the point. She is doing something she's never done before.

3. I know you hate Sheik, but you cannot deny she is a big factor in this argument. Same as Falcon.

4. No. He didn't. Take it from me, one who's played nearly all of the Kirby games. His hammer has NOT used a jet engine in any game.

5. How is Poppy's argument correct? Yes, he is right in saying that Dr. Mario has not used syringes, defibulators, etc., but at the same time, that hasn't stopped any of the above characters from doing something they've never done before.
We've got a future racecar driver suddenly being able to do firey bird punches and flaming kicks, an elfin princess suddenly able to use weaker versions of another elfin being's spells, a disguise of said elfin princess suddenly able to wield needles and a chain, and a hammer wielding penguin that suddenly has a jet engine in said hammer.
What doesn't make sense about a doctor using DOCTOR'S TOOLS to fight with? Just because they weren't part of his game?

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
My only complaint with that Impa is that she may end up becoming a stereotype for overweight women.
Overweight women make good mothers and powerful figures. Besides we have no fat people in Brawl (Nope) and Impa would be the best to represent both a fat person and a female side kick!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Overweight women make good mothers and powerful figures. Besides we have no fat people in Brawl (Nope) and Impa would be the best to represent both a fat person and a female side kick!
Wario pretty much counts as being overweight though, so in a way, Brawl does have an overweight fighter.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
WTF are we discussing here?

Impa or just how fat Wario is? Either way, both topics are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom