• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Meh, it's just a lot of extra numbers for no real reason. Newcomers is what I was more focusing on. We all know the only characters who are really under threat of getting cut would be like, 3rd parties and PKMN. No reason to bother doing the whole roster thing.

Course, you guys can do it anyway you want to.

Also, how would my uncertainties of Captain Syrup and Medusa come into play? I predicted them IF the two series gets a 2nd character. Should I just take them out of the prediction or leave them?
I would say, you have time to figure it out. I'm not even sure I'm keeping Palutena because I don't think that KI is going to be nearly as big as everyone makes it out to be. So I might drop her after the release of KI.

D

Deleted member

Also, how would my uncertainties of Captain Syrup and Medusa come into play? I predicted them IF the two series gets a 2nd character. Should I just take them out of the prediction or leave them?

@Metal: Limelight is what SSB Fan goes by on GameFaqs.

EDIT: MEANT GAMEFAQS, NOT IGN. SORRY!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Shortie:
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Palutena
Bandana Dee
Samurai Goroh
Krystal
Victini
Mewtwo
Roy
Megaman
Starfy
Saki

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The only thing I want when it comes to music is Kirby Air Ride music like Celestial Valley/Magma Flows and more medleys showcasing the character's histories. Like this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Y'all rosters scream Forbidden Seven and Assist Trophies WAAAAAY TOO MUCH. Where are the actual choices?

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I skimmed a bit, but I hope you're not being WEAK, Shorts. If one thinks Ike is coming back, and he doesn't, POINT IS LOST. No crying. Why wouldn't the WHOLE roster count?

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
My predictions so far (in terms of newcomers):

Toad
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Mewtwo (returning)
5th generation Pkmn (mostly Victini)
Medusa
Little Mac
Mega Man

D

Deleted member

Some of the Assist Trophies and Forbidden Seven character are realistic.
He's pretty much just saying that no one is a real choice but Impa replacing Sheik and Chrome replacing Ike.

Which is a foolish way of thinking, and if he wants to throw away two points (4 if the cut system is in order), then he can be my guest.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I skimmed a bit, but I hope you're not being WEAK, Shorts. If one thinks Ike is coming back, and he doesn't, POINT IS LOST. No crying. Why wouldn't the WHOLE roster count?
Because I could have potentially have a lot of people wanting me to do this, and I don't need 40 characters per-person, too much room to mess up.

Newcomers ONLY. And Zap Tackle, I'm putting down Tini, none of that "5th gen" stuff. take a shot.

Also, Maka Wuhu

Make a Wuhu, anyone else keep seeing this?

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Because I could have potentially have a lot of people wanting me to do this, and I don't need 40 characters per-person, too much room to mess up.

Newcomers ONLY. And Zap Tackle, I'm putting down Tini, none of that "5th gen" stuff. take a shot.
I prefer Victini myself and I personally see it more likely than any other 5th generation Pokemon so far. However, I am uncertain of how far the relevance of 5th gen will last till the release of SSB4. However, since "Grey" will becoming soon, I'm still sticking to Victini.

Also apologies for Mewtwo. :o

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Be STRONG. I should be the one collecting ACCURATE DATA then. I would keep everyone's list in a big ol' spreadsheet.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I worked on my Pokemon Roster, except I now tell if they're unlockable or not. Here it is:
Roster:
Pikachu - Unlocked
Jigglypuff - Unlocked
Mewtwo -Locked
Deoxys - Locked
Lucario - Unlocked
Victini - Locked
In both Brawl, there was always 2 Pokemon characters already unlocked. If this was to carry out, this set would be reasonable. However, there are more characters. Therefore, being a given, I made Jiggz unlocked, and the Legendaries unlocked. I ridded PKMN Trainer for room for more popular characters. Sorry, but Deoxys, Mewtwo, and Victini are not trainer material, and neither is Lucario. Pikachu could be, but it's not wise. But if he was to be trainered, here's my trainer suggestion:
PKMN Trainer: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pichu OR Typhlosion, Pikachu, and Grovyle. I liek Grovyle :D

Damn, if Jiggz would just LEAVE, we could add Pichu or someone else... Typhlosion.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmmm.... Iblis hasn't jumped back on. Guess i'll wait. ^^

Also, very interesting argument SSBF pasted there. I'll be sure to consider it, but isn't he using patterns, which we agreed never to trust on the boards? :-P

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have some revamp ideas for Mewtwo, Pikachu, Ike, Ness and Lucas. Should I share?

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Possible. At the same time, I love current Lucas/Ness, mainly because their playstyle fits my playstyle. :D

But share them, ideas are good. :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Also, Maka Wuhu

Make a Wuhu, anyone else keep seeing this?
TBH, I've always pronounced it as "Make-a-Woohoo," implying a fun time is being had.

For my predictions, I may as well post my newcomer roster. Pretty much the same to me.

Little Mac
Ridley
King K. Rool
Mewtwo (if he counts)
Victini
Ghirahim
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Isaac
Mii
Starfy
Palutena
Samurai Goroh
Muddy Mole
Mega Man

lol@ Fat Impa discussion that happened a while ago...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It really was a funny discussion. I got a good chortle over it. I guess it was the randomness of the suggestion. xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
SSBF, you remember the argument you pasted from that guy that said how Lucario and Ike wouldn't return and all that?

I was reading it, and I suddenly had a thought: Wasn't he basing it on patterns, which we never agreed to trust on the boards? :-P

It was definitely an interesting read though, and definitely made me consider things.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm gonna laugh if any of the characters you guys say have no chances end up making it in AND you end up playing them.

D

Deleted member

SSBF, you remember the argument you pasted from that guy that said how Lucario and Ike wouldn't return and all that?

I was reading it, and I suddenly had a thought: Wasn't he basing it on patterns, which we never agreed to trust on the boards? :-P

It was definitely an interesting read though, and definitely made me consider things.
He was being full-blown sarcastic. It was a criticisms for people's cut-happy nature in regards to Nintendo characters disguised in parody.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
@Shortie

This is going to make me cringe. I'm still whittling my roster down. I've got about 60 contenders, but here's my "realistic" prediction:

ALL BRAWL CHARACTERS RETURN

Toad, Bowser Jr. (Toad meaning "in some form." I'm looking at you, Toadsworth.)

Ghirahim (Could change with new Zelda game.)

Prince Fluff (I can't believe nobody's talking about this one.)

Genesect, Mewtwo (Unless 6th Gen comes out really soon. Approximate time between 4th and 5th was 3 or so years, so it could happen. If it does, replace Genesect with 6th Gen poster-child.)

Ridley

King K. Rool

Baby Bros. (As a part of the Yoshi series. I'll probably end up taking them off, but I'd like to think they stand a decent chance if a new Yoshi's Island is released soon.)

Masked Man/Claus (Not sure what he'll be called, but I am sure that he'll take his Masked Man appearance.)

Roy (Eeeh, still not sure, but f*ck it.)

Mona (I can't believe someone else had this, Shortie. I thought I was the only one.)

Samurai Goroh

Palutena (Everyone has their doubts, but she plays a big supporting role in KI:U. Sakurai loves his characters, so I see her as quite likely.)

Slippy (I think we'll get members of Team Starfox before Crystal. But hey, tomayto tomahto.)

Little Mac

Jill & Drill Dozer (Can't believe she didn't make the cut in Brawl.)

Prince Sable (Could change for Takamaru. Still quite unsure about this one.)

Miis

Tom Nook

Shulk

Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Professor Layton (I think Layton's chances aren't too fantastic, but I'm willing to take the hit for him. That's how much I love him.)

Even this is a bit much... I'm just too nice a guy to say no to these poor wittle characters that want in to my warm Smash Bros. shelter...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@GiantBreadBox

I think the reason that no one speaks of the Fluff-mister is that it is generally accepted that if we get a Kirby rep, it'll be Bandanna Waddle Dee. Awesome spear-moveset potential, and the 4th player in K:RtD.

However, I do not believe that Kirby needs another newcomer this time around. I mean, Sakurai doesn't like to overrep Kirby, and we didn't get Metaknight and King Dedede until Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom