• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've noticed lots of newcomers arriving at this thread. And many guests. C'mon, people, join the discussion!

Anyway, for the newer members here, what do you new guys think of Muddy Mole? I've got a general consensus of the regulars for the most part, but what do you non-Backroom members think?

Woo! 500th post! :D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
STRENGTH Training is where it's at. Bigger muscles use more energy. Fat is like, built up excess energy and what not.

So the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn.

Also, Baby Bros., barf.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well overall I thought that most characters should have their special skills or abilities better implemented into their character. I'm not talking new moves per se, but some would be. Other would be rather 'passive' skills, that come into play in special occasion. Think Lucario's power boost.

Let's start with a character I'd like to see it the most in, and believe needs it more than most. Mewtwo.

Note how his special skill in Pokemon is called Pressure. In the games, PP of moves goes down twice as quick when facing any Pokemon with this ability. Now there is no PP in Smash, but hear me out...

Pressure would make moves used against Mewtwo go stale twice as fast. Meaning he his far less likely to get trapped in combos from the same moves (think Marth's F Air spam, Mario's U Air spam, *sign* Sheik's F Tilt / U Tilt spam, projectile spam in general and Meta Knight). He'd also be heavier (about Samus her weight as it is now) thus in general, easier to combo, but this makes him feel more like his Melee self, in which he isn't very comboable at all. So he's got extra weight, without side effects so to say.

Now for general revamp ideas.

Mewtwo will keep all of his regular moves which he had in Melee, but some get some serious tweaking. Especially his hitboxes, but he's stronger and faster all over.
He would jump about the same as he does in Melee, and is just a little faster in dashing but not enormously so. Traction is improved a lot though, so he stays on his feet much, much easier. Weight helps with this to of coarse.

Now unto his moves. I'll list a few where I feel he needs revamping the most.

Up Smash: Is now an awesome semi multi hitting move, with less cool down lag, better range, does more damage and best of all: improved hitboxes. Infact, so good, almost Snake like. And it gets better when charging up, and when fully charged. When charging up, about a character space in front of Mewtwo become dangerous. You'd get purple stuff damage, doing around 1% damage like the behind of Shadow Ball but better yet: it gravitates the target INTO Mewtwo's more damaging hitbox so that he can hit you with this easier. And when fully charged, the hitbox of the move literally stays floating around, making it very easy for Mewtwo to follow up with another move. Probably even another Up Smash!
This is a great starter of combos, and a great damage builder, but takes skill, as the gravitation is hard to master. Low knockback, high damage. And quite a bit faster than the Melee version.

Shadow Ball: same as Melee. A strong projectile. But with a new twist. When fully charged Mewtwo's moves involving his 'Shadow Claw' get a little stronger.

Teleport: Same distance as in Melee, but no immobility when used on the ground, making offensive use of teleporting actually possible.

Forward Smash : stronger, less cool down, loads of priority now, also slight gravitation, but this time to the sweetspot of the move (when charged only). A very effective finisher.

Forward Tilt: faster, not quite a fast move still yet though, low knockback but high hitstun, quite damaging, but no move that you'd spam. Has Roy-like hitboxes as in, the thickest part of his tail does most damage and knockback. Good priority.

Neutral Air: Good combo move, does more damage overall, is a great approach, the sparks are disjointed hitboxes and hurt when trying to attack. Also, when Mewtwo is able to perform the whole animation in the air, the sparks stay around him when landing, sort of continuing the move on the ground. Very good and safe approach, hard to stop him when doing this.

Down Smash: Far faster, but just about the same as Melee. Slightly better range though, and like the other Smashes, when fully charged the hitbox stays a little after Mewtwo is done with the move.

Forward Air: Better range, way better priority. Very good killer, especially with a charged Shadow Ball.

Down Air: Still quite slow, but better hitboxes making it more effective.

Confusion becomes Psychic, and is a long distance grabbing attack. Like Confusion though, its a fixed animation, but much stronger and much more at range (about a Bowser wide away from him). When holding B, you can charge up power of the impact. Very good finisher, but strong cool down lag, worse when missed. Animation is slow, so not good for Free for Alls or Team Battles. Can do 17% uncharged, 24% when charged.

Grabs are with far more range to now, and remain strong.

Disable is now... Something else

Thoughts?

:phone:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@GiantBreadbug: Honestly, I don't expect the Baby Bros.(at least as Yoshi characters) because they ARE Mario and Luigi. If we're getting anyone to rep Yoshi(other than Yoshi), the only sensible choice I see is Shy Guy. Kamek is the villain, but regardless, Baby Bowser is the REAL villain; Kamek also didn't do much to begin with. An argument against Shy Guy that I hate hearing is, "He started in a Mario game." So did Yoshi and Wario. The good thing about Shyster is the sheer amount of types of Shy Guy there are, giving him endless moveset potential.

B: Snifit-Shy Guy puts on a Snifit mask, and charges. Depending on the charge, Shy Guy will shoot more shots. While he's charged, he will keep the Snifit mask on.

Side B: Shy Swarm-Shy Guy will pack himself into a group of Shy Guys. The group will rush sideways, smashing anybody who gets in its way.

Up B: Fly Guy-Shy Guy puts a propeller on his head and flies upward while in the air. On the ground, the move creates a disorienting whirlwind that also does slight damage.

Down B: Stilt Smash-Shy Guy climbs onto his stilts and smashes the ground with them, creating a damaging shockwave. The stilts, of course, also do damage.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
@GiantBreadBox

I think the reason that no one speaks of the Fluff-mister is that it is generally accepted that if we get a Kirby rep, it'll be Bandanna Waddle Dee. Awesome spear-moveset potential, and the 4th player in K:RtD.

However, I do not believe that Kirby needs another newcomer this time around. I mean, Sakurai doesn't like to overrep Kirby, and we didn't get Metaknight and King Dedede until Melee.
You're probably right in that most people are focused on Bandanna Dee due to the Return to Dreamland, but... It's just...

*sniffles*

It's so unfair. Epic Yarn was supposed to be its own series, anyways. When it was presented to Nintendo, they decided it wouldn't sell well without a recognizable face, so they tossed Kirby elements in. If it had been called "Fluff's Epic Yarn," I bet you we'd be seeing some serious consideration thrown Fluff's way. He's got a really awesome look, and his spontaneous transformations (weight, parachute, car) and whip could pump out a hell of a fun character.

Maybe someday we'll get a sequel that introduces the Yarn thing as its own series, and then Fluff will get the recognition he deserves.

At the very least, we should get an Epic Yarn stage. The visuals in that game are breathtaking.

@Poppy Yeah, I see them as a bit of a stretch myself, as well. And to add to what you said, the Baby Bros. I'm imagining they would function almost exactly like they did in Mario & Luigi: PiT. So yeah, they're basically extensions of Mario & Luigi. I think the reason I'd like to add them to the Yoshi series is because they're very representative of the franchise. When you think of Yoshi's Island, you think of Yoshi (obviously), the Babies (mostly the Bros.), Kamek, and as you pointed out, Shy Guys. I would toats mcgoats like to see Yoshi get a new rep, and if not the Bros., then Shy Guy is a brilliant alternative.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm personally hoping Fluff gets in as an Assist Trophy, with various...shapings?...such as a car, UFO, ect., or using that Yarn Whip thing. It'd be pretty cool, I think.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm personally hoping Fluff gets in as an Assist Trophy, with various...shapings?...such as a car, UFO, ect., or using that Yarn Whip thing. It'd be pretty cool, I think.
That'd be interesting. I'd enjoy getting that AT. :bee:

@Oasis: You tryin' to start somethin'? :fuuu: :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know who I reaaaaaally want to see as an Assist Trophy? Waluigi. :trollface:

But seriously, I want to see Shurikit from the Starfy games as an AT. She's a...wait for it...cool cat.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ok, here's the general Idea of dieting and why it almost never works:

Dieting is a system whereby the recipient eats specific foods in order to become healthier/lose weight. It often also involves exercise, although some people have even been known to take tablets.

Now, everyday we're surrounded by ads, commercials, temptations. For these people, not being able to have such foods is often a hell, and they convince themselves that having one treat will do no harm. They then take the treat, eat it, and suddenly feel a HUGE remorse for what they've done. It's like an over-reaction. The person feels as though they've failed, and since they've failed, why is there any reason to continue the diet? Therefore, they start binging on junk food, which then makes them more unhealthy than they were in the first place.

So, diets CAN work, but almost always don't, unless you happen to hate chocolate/lollies/unhealthy foods. ;)

I remember learning all that a long while ago in a PDHPE class :-P

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ok, here's the general Idea of dieting and why it almost never works:

Dieting is a system whereby the recipient eats specific foods in order to become healthier/lose weight. It often also involves exercise, although some people have even been known to take tablets.

Now, everyday we're surrounded by ads, commercials, temptations. For these people, not being able to have such foods is often a hell, and they convince themselves that having one treat will do no harm. They then take the treat, eat it, and suddenly feel a HUGE remorse for what they've done. It's like an over-reaction. The person feels as though they've failed, and since they've failed, why is there any reason to continue the diet? Therefore, they start binging on junk food, which then makes them more unhealthy than they were in the first place.

So, diets CAN work, but almost always don't, unless you happen to hate chocolate/lollies/unhealthy foods.
In which case you probably wouldn't be dieting in the first place. :laugh:
I'm always in the low 140 pound range, no matter how much I eat. So I don't care. :bee:

@Oasis: Fold? Maybe. Unfold? Yep, just like Paper Mario's Airplane and Boat forms. Proceed to sic Chain Chomp partner on you? Yes. :awesome:

Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Smash Cadet
I had this idea for a Custom Song system, where you could enter your own music into the game.

You would do this through the My Music section. You would upload the song through an SD/USB/hard drive, and then you could name it, give it an author, and select what stage it would play on. There would even be a section in the Sound Test for your music.

There would probably be a limit on how many songs you can have depending on the game's size.

Thoughts?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm 95 kilos currently, which is the most I've ever weighted, but by far not the fattest I've ever been. Had a shoulder injury so went exercising less, thus I have a little lazy fat now. Will be done when my shoulder recovers, but I'd like staying at this weight.

Anyways, what about my Mewtwo revamp last page? Have more ideas but when this gets no attention I'll skip it :/

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's an awesome idea, Baldy McNoseHair, we've talked about it before, I believe

That, a better online mode, and I guess a return to Melee-esque gameplay have to be the most requested features for Smash

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
For the record, I've never dieted beyond not eating past a certain hour since I'll feel fat the next day. All throughout high school, I weighed the same 160 pounds with my height and muscle mass changing (up to sophomore year and the entirety of my high school years respectively). Since then, I've put on 30 pounds of muscle since I started college (I might be a late bloomer since more facial hair came late and I still can't grow a full beard but that might be the Native in me) and I haven't lifted weights in over 5 years. All those exercises that you see are just inefficient which is why they're so time consuming. I want a good workout in 30 minutes which is incredibly easy for me so long as I don't dilly dally.

Diddy, you should've seen the Light Screen idea I had for Mewtwo once. It was dazzling. Also, I'm wondering if Psychic should be a command grab that sets up for a juggle. Athena's command grab works in a similar fashion where you either go for the juggle or let them take damage from the fall back down.

In gameplay in general, I want the faster pace of Melee, a stronger ground game so I don't have to combo SHFFL'd aerials just to do damage (it's stupid when you think about it), and make it where you're more committed on your aerial mobility.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Meh, I probably weigh about 58 kg, give or take. Really need to start losing a tad more. I'm ALMOST to the right point between cute, and muscles that I want to be at. Fwah.

Bleh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I know about the Light Screen, but with better hitboxes, heavy weight status, gravitating power moves, attack boost from Shadow Ball, Psychic and offensive teleporting which is actually possible I feel it might be a bit too over powered? Not that I'd mind that for Mewtwo, but he'd be the next Meta Knight will all that easily.

And I really want a better ground game as well, but thus far we seem to be agreeing a lot in this anyway ^^ SHFFLing was cool, but Melee's speed made it like that. I don't want the game to be as fast neccecarly, but definitely as offensive based. With a good defensive game as well, as that's where Melee lacked imo.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
That'd be interesting. I'd enjoy getting that AT. :bee:

@Oasis: You tryin' to start somethin'? :fuuu: :awesome:
Actually, I need to get something off my chest:

I detest the idea of Paper Mario being a playable entity in Sm4sh that is separate from Mario.

Wait, just a sec. I love Paper Mario. Sooo much. Paper Mario 64 is one of my favorite games ever.

But when I saw Dr. Mario in Melee, I barfed. I don't like the idea of "Adjective Character." With one exception: Toon/Young Link. It seems that Sakurai and I are of like minds on the whole two Links thing.

Now if there were an option to switch to Paper Mario (with a unique moveset, of course) from Mario's slot on the character select screen, I'd be game. Perhaps a "one or the other" deal. They would just have to handle it in a way that lets everyone know that Paper Mario and Mario are the same person. I always thought including a different character from the Paper series would help get the unique spinoff some playable love without muddying up the continuity.

And again, I know this is Smash Bros., so continuity and canon don't mean sh*t, but there's just something about the two Marios being separate that irks me.

*flinches* Please don't hit me.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm around 155-165 pounds (~74kg). I'm under average for my age.

@Robotnik: Yet another good idea. Custom Music in general would be plain awesome. :cool:

@Mewtwo stuff: Spoon... :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm a pretty tall guy though, so 95 kgs is not too much but I'd like to lose about 7kgs and be more lean. Gotta keep up at the strenght I have now, as I sometimes surprise myself with it, which is pretty cool ^^ Now that damn shoulder needs just to heal...

On the plus side, I cycled for about 30 km just now (yeah was typing some messages when dong that) so it should be going al right. If I can keep up, I'll be good by summer

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
45? I'm 86 kg, I'm nearly twice your weight.

@Diddy
It depends, but I do think Light Screen could be too good if combined with Teleport.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hehe, I've been told i shouldn't worry about my weight. Or rather, I should worry I become too thin :-P

Hehehe, well it kind of fits, i'm quite young. ^^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I do support the Light Screen though, but I feel he's gonna get overpowered with it all. But yeah, add it in there for my moveset revamp anyway. Call da cops, I don't give a ****!

And no spoon.

Mewtwo could possibly have some slight half Peach floating, half gliding mechanic going for him even.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I weighed myself; 325 lbs. at 6'3. Not good still, but better than before.. Lulz... I'd still give King Dedede a run for his money.

Anyways, I want to ask ya'll. Out of all the huge legendaries, who do you think would be a possible Character choice? Mine would be Arceus. I alrdy explained before. Also, argue Ridley.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@Shortie's newcomer prediction "game":

Toad
King K Rool
Ridley
Little Mac
Bandana Dee
Saki
Victini
Palutena
Mega Man

@Asage

But they're too big. :troll: To be honest, I really don't see any of them really working as they seem to work better as stage obstacles or bosses. I might be wrong with the beast trio though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, I got one more midterm tomarrow. The ever-so-crappy History... WhydoIcareaboutourf***ups I gtg soon. Any thoughts on my question?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Arcues? Nawh dude. Don't think that would do. Or any gaint legendaries for the mather.

a_fartn_Spartan

Smash Cadet
Ummm, I'm new. Help.

I came here to post a roster that was well-received on GameFAQs, but I wanted a 2nd opinion here. Do I just post it like I am this message or do I make a new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom